Sensitivity question

Lost and have questions? Want to offer suggestions on how we can improve the forum or have feedback in general? Wish to provide helpful information on educational topics such as medieval life? Post all that here. Also, if you notice any technical problems with the forum, please report them here.
KiloFoxx
Assassin
Assassin
Species: Arctic Fox

Sensitivity question

Post by KiloFoxx »

i was thinking about building up one of my OC's for use here, he's an otter so I'd base him in Gawain, but a part of his character involves species purity, and given that Gawain (and by extension mutelids like otters) is German-based, I'm worried about the sensitivity issue and if i should even run the character. flaws make characters interesting, but i feel it might be insensitive and go too far. advice?
Last edited by KiloFoxx on Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor

RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Re: Sensetivity question

Post by RabidFox »

That's fine. There's nothing wrong with that. We understand that reality is accuracy.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Re: Sensitivity question

Post by Rackenhammer »

We're not without precedent for characters dedicated to 'racial purity'; although in due fairness I should point out that no one on this site currently is German (to the best of my knowledge). I have yet to receive a claim of anyone being offensive with their characters, so I don't imagine you'll face too much trouble.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length

KiloFoxx
Assassin
Assassin
Species: Arctic Fox

Post by KiloFoxx »

i wouldn't call it a dedication, per-say. but it's a flaw i wrote into the character. i'm just glad it shouldn't be an issue since that's what i was worried about. though kinda an odd coincidence that my ONLY mustelid character would have had that personality trait huh?

i could TECHNICALLY call myself German, i apparently have some ancestry from there (though mostly Slavic and British) and i spent several key developmental years there as a child (military family). unfortunately i barely speak any German (though i'd love to learn) and don't remember much of the country itself. though that's WAY off-topic

RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

Racial problems are a part of the world's history. To write about them is merely to explore a point of view.

Kitsunegami
Marquis
Marquis
Species: Kitsune

Post by Kitsunegami »

I can only say that it's fine so long as you're not actively promoting racial supremacy, which I doubt is your intention. :) Just please don't prove me wrong. lol.