Involving Black Powder

Lost and have questions? Want to offer suggestions on how we can improve the forum or have feedback in general? Wish to provide helpful information on educational topics such as medieval life? Post all that here. Also, if you notice any technical problems with the forum, please report them here.
AceofBlades
Peasant
Peasant
Species: Badger

Involving Black Powder

Post by AceofBlades »

I want to make a character from Gawain (if that's the nation in thinking of). She's a rat inventor. I can pull this off either way, however, I wondered what the status would be on early black powder weaponization, and the attitudes on technology in Feila. As well as the viability of using runic inscriptions/magically charged gems on technological devices to make curtain functions easier.

Are these ideas workable, and if so how would such a character be perceived in the world? Btw, the nation I was thinking of is the technologically advanced one.

Sponsor

AceofBlades
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Involving Black Powder

Post by AceofBlades »

Maze is the nation I meant.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

We pretty much let people do what they want, even if it means introducing things that most other users wouldn't think of as being relevant. Really, your role-playing experience is up to you. As long as you do things in a believable way, no one minds what you come up with.

Now I'm not an expert on black powder. I don't know just how realistic or unrealistic that is. But as long as you make it work one way or another, like I said, you can do pretty much whatever you want.

However, I'm not really sure where you got the impression that Maze was a technologically advanced nation. What age are you referring to? I was thinking that we were discussing medieval times.

AceofBlades
Peasant
Peasant

Post by AceofBlades »

It says that Maze us surprisingly advanced in it's description. A side effect of a long era of conflict by the way it sounded. I may be misunderstanding.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

You're looking at post Meta-plot Maze. I do believe that RabidFox is thinking of Maze before the Meta-plot events.

So, when we did the whole meta-plot thing a while back, it was established that Maze had developed something that was at least similar to gunpowder, and cannons. As to how accessible it was to the general public, it wasn't established.

Edwinish Marines cary alchemical granados, some of which explode as if they were filled with gunpowder....

RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

Ah, I see. I don't know anything about the meta-plot stuff other than the coronation of the new King.