Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Say hello to me and my murdercat

Introduce yourself and your role-playing character to the board here. If you're going to be away for a while, you can state a notice of absence in the Absence Notices sub-forum. Forum signatures can be extended in the Signature Extensions sub-forum.
Ramen
Cub

Say hello to me and my murdercat

Post by Ramen » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:17 pm

Hey I'm new here and I'm not really sure what I'm doing, but here's my character Jacob. I hope he's good enough.

Name: Jacob Yates
Nicknames or Aliases: Jake, Father Jacob.
Species: Cat

Place of Birth: Axminster, Devon in Edwin
Family, living and deceased: His parents, Janette and Edward, died in a fire when he was 19. His only living relative is his twin brother Erik, who he has grown estranged with.
Current Occupation: Priest by day, criminal by night.

Physical Description: A tall, gaunt dark grey tabby cat with tired, yellow eyes. He is digitigrade with a slightly crooked tail. While acting as a priest, he wears long white robes with a blue cloak and a gilded trim. His casual outfit is an all-black light leather tunic and pants. At all times, he carries two concealed daggers with him.
Personality: Manipulative, neurotic, and cruel. He’ll do anything to feel more powerful and panics when he is not in control of the situation. He is not completely remorseless though, and if he is left alone for too long, he’ll begin to wallow in self-guilt and fear of retribution for his actions. Cold on the outside, but completely anxious on the inside.

Personal History: Jacob grew up in a strictly religious household, his parents espousing the belief in Midas in hopes that their children would grow up to be respectable clergymen just like their father. Throughout his life, Jacob showed a penchant for conduct, frequently getting into fights and causing trouble, while his brother Erik was his parent’s shining example of a good child. At the age of 15, however, Erik suddenly left the church and abandoned the family, hoping to pursue the life of a traveling bard, leaving just Jacob to carry on the family legacy.
Reluctantly, Jacob took on the role of a deacon to ease his parent’s grief. Unknown to his parents, Jacob had taken up to life of a petty thief on the side, sneaking out at night to steal various small trinkets as well as stalk those he found attractive. At the age of 19, the Yates family home burnt down, taking Jacob’s parents with him. It was then that he swore his full devotion to the church. By the time he was 23, he had advanced in rank to become an actual priest.
However, at the age of 24, his hobby of criminality would take a dramatically dark turn. Whilst breaking into a house, he was noticed by the wife, who tried to attack him. In self-defense, he had accidentally killed her, but instead of feeling fear or guilt, he felt exhilarated and intrigued. From then on, he actively sought out situations like that, ultimately resorting to selling his skills as a part-time assassin and thief-for-hire to be able to get that kind of thrill again.
To this day, he had been able to keep his two lives separate from each other, though sometimes there are close calls such as being caught with blood on his robes. He knows he can’t keep up this double life forever, and he fears the day he is caught and the retribution he’ll face in the afterlife. But to Jacob, it’s all worth it for the thrill of the hunt.

Likes and Dislikes: Likes successfully deceiving or manipulating others, hoarding the things he steals, and performing religious services. Dislikes being alone with his thoughts,
Any odd habits or quirks: Has two concealed daggers at all times. Very shifty eyes that always dart around as if unable to focus. He also has a bad habit of smoking when stressed, but only when others aren't looking.
Goals: To continue advancing in the church of Midas, as well as keep his double life a secret and pursue the thrill of criminality.
Fears and Beliefs: A strong believer and fearer of Midas. He is deeply afraid of what will happen to him in the afterlife and prays that there isn’t actually an afterlife waiting for him.

Sponsor

HawkerTheGreat
Rogue
United States of America

Re: Say hello to me and my murdercat

Post by HawkerTheGreat » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:12 pm

Welcome to the forums Ramen! Your character has a really interesting biography and its really well written! Its good to have the prospect of more RPers on Feilia! Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your stay and if you're looking for a RP I absolutely love dark fantasy and stories with unexpected twists! Seeya round! :3
Tidings From Valrei
https://sta.sh/01ppu3vv2ksh

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Welcome to Feila. I hope you enjoy it here, and have fun RPing here too.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Post by RabidFox » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:16 pm

Hi there! Welcome to Feila. It's nice to meet you.

If you need any help figuring things out, just ask. You can also send me a private message. I'm always happy to provide assistance. :D