zen_dharia Greetings and Characters

Introduce yourself and your role-playing character to the board here. If you're going to be away for a while, you can state a notice of absence in the Absence Notices sub-forum. Forum signatures can be extended in the Signature Extensions sub-forum.
zen_dharia
Baron
Baron

Re: zen_dharia Greetings and Characters

Post by zen_dharia »

Thats exactly what I go through. So many ideas, so little time.

Name: Anais LeReaux
Orientation: Pansexual
Height: 1.7 m (5'7")
Weight: 45 Kg (100 lbs)
Race: Feline; Serval (L. Serval)
Appearance: Anais' left eye is blue while her right is green. She'd be Sheris's twin if she was a hyena as well. She has long black hair to her hips usually kept up in a ponytail.
Birthplace: Port Leon, Sussex, Edwin
Clothing: Anais usually wears t-shirts and Tripp pants. Every now and then she likes to wear semi-formal attire.

Anais moved with her family to Dorchester after she finished high school. She is of Domish descent like Scheris, but her family has been in Edwin for generations. Anais is a fun loving girl with less of a harsh attitude about her love life. She's going for a BA in Psychology and has a strong interest in becoming a therapist. She usually tells her friends to come to her with any problems.
Sponsor

RavenFire487
God
God
Species: Canine

Post by RavenFire487 »

I love your characters.
zen_dharia
Baron
Baron

Post by zen_dharia »

Why thank you ^_^ There's always a new one waiting to be born. I always put a different aspect of myself in each character so they're all just different parts of me that have been singled out and expanded upon. There's actually a new one brewing right now. It's kinda sad, though, since one of my favorite characters is in the age of muskets and nobody seems to want to RP there much these days. Eli McCreed is like a beastly mix of Jack Sparrow and my own inner-pirate.
zen_dharia
Baron
Baron

Post by zen_dharia »

Modern mayhem strikes again.

Name: Unknown, Aliases: Micah Kelly, Steel Shot Cowboy, White Bandana, Kung Fu/Karate Cowboy, Cowboy
Orientation: Straight
Height: 1.8 m (6'1")
Weight: 88 Kg (195 lbs)
Race: Feline; Jaguar-Caracal Hybrid (C. Caracal x P. Onca)
Appearance: Micah has dark hair that has some length to it, but not past his neck. It's a little poofy so it stays out of his eyes and is longer on the top and front than the rest of it. His eyes are blood red and he has a small nick in his left ear. He retains the spotted coat and long tail from his jaguar mother, yet displays more features of his caracal father.
Birthplace: Yatomi, Yamaha
Occupation: Varying, Bounty-hunting slave to a corrupt corporation CEO
Clothing: Ripped jeans, combat boots, red sleeveless shirt, and signature white bandana.

Micah was born in a small city in Yamaha and was a lucky one. His father taught him how to survive, about mechanics, and how to fight, while his mother taught him how to cook and about science and the seldom remembered art of alchemy. He eventually fabricated a gun for himself that looks like a futuristic revolver (think Nerf Maverick) which fires half-inch-diameter iron balls, created alchemically by Micah, at incredible speed with no gunpowder. It works on a magnetic ejection system wherein the ammunition is negatively charged and is fired from the barrel when the trigger is pulled because a mechanism is then set off which instantly creates a powerfully negative charge in a plate situated behind the barrel. This sudden and incredibly intense negative charge pushes the negatively charged ammo at a rate of speed much higher than any modern bullet could travel; nearly four thousand feet per second (Please bear with me, this is the best non-magic explanation I could muster). Now, with his father gravely ill and his mother getting on in her age, Micah has set out to live a free life, taking odd jobs where he can. He wishes to be free because he was actually part of an experiment conducted by a genetics corporation. He's basically a super soldier, but the corporation CEO could himself choose at any moment to terminate the project, and Micah, with the push of a button. The CEO uses this to his advantage, and calls on Micah now and then to act as a bounty hunter either for him, or for one of his business partners. He hates the CEO and would kill him if he ever could.
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer »

Hm, given tech levels in various eras, this latest character would be better suited to the cyborg era. I'll buy the alchemy fitting in the urban fantasy setting the Age of Drive-by shootings basically is; but genetic engineering belongs in the later century.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length
zen_dharia
Baron
Baron

Post by zen_dharia »

I was originally planning to have him in the Space Age, but I decided against it. The genetic experimentation used to create him is quite simple. Nothing more than selective breeding and a few plausible tweaks and twinges. And the alchemy is more of an ancient art passed down through his family. I'd take the time to put all that in his bio or reveal it all through a story, but I was too lazy. I'm feeling pretty lazy right now, too, but I'm about to post a new character, too, so i guess I'm not that lazy. Beh, I'm tired is what I am.
zen_dharia
Baron
Baron

Post by zen_dharia »

And here she is. Medieval this time.

Name: Valkyre Falconshade
Orientation: Asexual
Height: 1.7 m (5'5")
Weight: 45 Kg (100 lbs)
Race: Feathered Avian; Red-crested Turaco (T. Erythrolophus)
Appearance: The only thing worth noting is that her beak is significantly longer than others of her species.
Birthplace: Territory of the Ravens
Occupation: Priestess of the Æthadian Sect; Official Title: High Slayer Priestess
Clothing: Valkyre wears traditional Æthadian Sect robes of the High Slayer Priest/Priestess title. The garb resembles a long kimono top with a hakama bottom both in a navy and gold motif. The symbol of the sect adorns the sleeves of the kimono; a large crescent with three diamonds inside it in gold against the blue sleeves. She also wears traditional tabi socks with geta sandals.

Valkyre is a High Slayer and priestess of the secretive Æthadian Sect, a religious group that worships the moon and the three powers that inhabit it. The powers of Life, Time, and Æther, what they believe all magic to come from, are represented by each diamond in the symbol. As a Slayer, she works under the orders of the Deity of Death. As a High Priestess, she can be contacted directly by the Deity itself and thus takes direct orders from it and can pass on said orders to lower Slayers. Her weapon, customary to all Priests/Priestesses, is the bow and specially crafted arrows with æther heads capable of killing any earthly entity or demon with a shot through the heart. Anywhere else will simply paralyze the target until it is removed by the Priest/Priestess. She spends most of her time traveling Feila to pay tribute at or erect shrines to the Deities of the sect. If she runs out of arrows, she could eithr craft more herself, or use a sacred magic known as Soul Shooting to fire a piece of her soul in place of an æther arrow. New arrows can be created in a similar fashion using any regular arrow with less damage to her soul. Obviously, if she were to use these abilities too often, she would eventually die.

A further explanation of the Sect will come soon in a blog entry. Much more in-depth. Also, I've decided to link to my blog in my signature, as the information there will help out those I role-play with. Lastly, anyone who wants to is free to use some of the information in my blogs, such as Keega's masks, in their own RPs. I plan on making new masks every so often.
zen_dharia
Baron
Baron

Post by zen_dharia »

A new character to celebrate my return, methinks.

Name: Rory Taylor
Orientation: Bisexual
Height: 1.7 m (5'10")
Weight: 68 Kg (150 lbs)
Race: Feline; Sand Cat (F. Margarita)
Appearance: Rory is not albino, but the lighter parts of his fur are very light as opposed to the usual sandy color of his species. His bands and other markings are brilliantly dark and crisp. He usually wears a simple sleeveless tunic of ebony, navy, or crimson and a regular pair of boots.
Birthplace: Glasgow

Rory has no magical powers, no eternal life, or any sort of divine choosing for some grand mission to secure the fate of Feila. He's just a boy who's got great accuracy with a bow, plenty of ambition, a lust for adventure, and a thick as hell accent. His father rarely sees him since business picked up at his school even when he's teaching, but he knows his father loves and is proud of him. When he's not teaching, Rory spends his time exploring the forests and climbing the cliffs around the highlands. While he prefers a bow and arrow any day, Rory is also quite accomplished with a claymore, but finds a dirk much easier to carry and conceal, especially in a crowded town marketplace.
zen_dharia
Baron
Baron

Post by zen_dharia »

Well, well, well...

It has been far too long since my sudden and indefinite hiatus. About 8 years or so. Unfortunately, it seems the forum itself has slowed down substantially in activity. I see there is a discord server now. I have yet to inspect it, but I hope it is active.

A lot has happened in these past 8 years. Ups, downs, ordinations, celebrations, gains, losses, and here I find myself returning to what was once a prominent part of my life. The time spent here, the friends made, the stories crafted, all had a profound effect on me
The nostalgia felt while rummaging through my old posts and these character sheets reminds me that I have long been a writer despite never publishing any of the stories in my head. It brings me back to a creative time and place. And I can feel the hunger pang of the pen once more.

I don't know who, if anyone, will see this. To those who do, hello. To those who remember me, hello again. I hope to return in some form, as this place feels almost like home, and this return a homecoming