zen_dharia Greetings and Characters

Introduce yourself and your role-playing character to the board here. If you're going to be away for a while, you can state a notice of absence in the Absence Notices sub-forum. Forum signatures can be extended in the Signature Extensions sub-forum.
zen_dharia
Baron
Baron

zen_dharia Greetings and Characters

Post by zen_dharia »

I am zen_dharia (you could call me zen or dharia or whatever. Bob would even work). I won't lie, I'm more new to being a furry than I am a role-player, but even in that I have little experience. In my life on Earth, I am a novelist with the gift of a muse and the curse of a sloth. That is to say I'm full of ideas, but have yet to finish any. Also, I don't normally talk like this; I'm very tired and I tend to get a little less sane when that happens. It's all fine, though. To start off, a character sheet. One with quite a lengthy bio, at that. My main character:

Name: Dharia Kumir (born Isaac Baranov)
Orientation: Asexual
Height: 1.143 m (5'10") to ear tips
Weight: 60 Kg (132 lbs)
Race: Canine; Silver Fox (melanistic variation of the red fox V. Vulpes)
Appearance: Dharia's fur is jet black, save for his white tail-tip and a white, diamond-shaped tuft on his chest. His eyes gleam a golden-yellow.
Birthplace: Narvik
Occupation: Nomad, Philosopher, Scholar of Martial Arts, Cultural Zoologist
Clothing: Dharia's clothing has often depended on what he picked up in the various places he'd been. Currently, he wears a broad-brimmed hat, a poncho, a simple peasant's shirt and pants, and a pair of durable boots made comfortable for travel by using lightweight yet strong materials.

Isaac Baranov is a name Dharia Kumir would like to forget. Under that name, he suffered a horrid childhood, rife with physical abuse and emotional torture. He hated his life and so decided to save any money he could gather and leave the hell that was his family life. One day, when he was just 13, he had enough saved to purchase a small boat and supplies for a year's voyage. The day he set sail, he made a vow that he would never again be known as Isaac Baranov. He proclaimed that from this day on, he would be known as Dharia the Traveler.
He sailed for months before he realized he was going in circles. Eventually, he made his way to the Territory of the Ravens where, upon his landing, he was greeted by a tribe of Ostrich Avians. The tribe took him in as one of their own and Dharia soon began to learn their language and customs. He realized what an interest he had in their culture and wanted to learn about as many different cultures of the world as he could in his life time. As he learned to communicate with the tribe, he told them his story and how he grew up with beliefs other than those his family and fellow Arctic Islanders. He believed that as long as an animal has faith in something, that faith will reward and protect them in life.
As time went on, Dharia felt it was his time to leave and so he bid the tribe farewell and set out to continue his travels. He met many tribes and learned a lot about the different cultures. He eventually became a folk legend among some of the tribes as a philosopher and friend to all. By the time he was 15, Dharia felt it was time to move on and returned to his ship, revisiting his friends along the way. When he returned to his ship, a handful of tribes were gathered on the shore, each bearing a small load of gifts and food. Dharia thanked them all and set sail again.
To make a long story short, Dharia became known as a nomadic philosopher and a folk hero to some for his use of a martial arts form he created himself from the styles of the different cultures he met. He spread his philosophical views around the lands he'd visit and do odd jobs wherever he went to afford supplies. Dharia learned a great deal as well. He learned many myths and magic from the different cultures, the latter of which he incorporated into his fighting style which filled in the missing piece he felt present in the system. Dharia is also known by his signature weapon, a balisong he stole from his father (which had been a gift to him from a friend from Brittany) before running away. He didn't use the knife often, or any other weaponry for that matter, but he always kept it close at hand.
To this day, Dharia roams the world sharing his philosophies, learning about different cultures, and to those he deems worthy, teaching his unique fighting style and accompanying magic.

That should just about do it. I did have more (a LOT more), but I realized I started telling too much story. It does speak to his character, however, and will help one to better understand him. I hope to make a lot of great RPs and even better friends!

Edit: Figured I'd change the title since this is turning into more of a character list.
Last edited by zen_dharia on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sponsor

Kael
God
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Re: Mellow greetings, fellows

Post by Kael »

Welcome to the fantastical world that is Feila! Here, all your dreams can [and for many, have!] come true! We encourage everyone to take the plunge, so come join an open thread when you feel like it!

I am a resident archsage/sorceror [depending on time period] among various other characters! I always look forward to RPing with others, and you can be sure I have a character for almost any RP [kinda sad now that I say it...]

Once again, WELCOME!
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer »

Welcome to Feila, sir Dharia!
I am Rackenhammer, newly-minted mod, resident scholar, and Scion of the Spanish Throne.

No such thing as too much backstory, I say; I still hold the site record for longest character bio.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length
zen_dharia
Baron
Baron

Post by zen_dharia »

Thank you for the warm greetings! I'm sure I will feel quite at home here.

Reading through the various topics about the lands of Feila, I've already flashed a multitude of images through my head of what this wolrd may look like and all i can say is très beau! Here's another character sheet:

Name: Noémi Descoteaux
Orientation: Pansexual
Height: 1.6002 m (5'3")
Weight: 45 Kg (101 lbs)
Race: Feline; Ocelot (L. Pardalis)
Appearance: Noémi has crystal-clear spots on her fur, a sign of her apparent pure-blood lineage. She also has blonde hair cut boyishly short and usually somewhat spikey. Her figure is slightly more slender than average with breasts the size cantaloupes (one of the few girlish features she uses to her advantage)
Birthplace: Unknown
Clothing: Noémi wears the clothes of a mid-class male peasant; a simple off-white shirt and sky-blue pants.

Noémi was an orphan left on the doorstep of a middle-class family's house in Aquilon of Normandy in the Kingdom of Domus. Her adoptive minstrel family, a man who played the accordion, his wife who played the fiddle, and their five-year-old son who was learning to play the flute, found her one night upon returning home from a concert. The family, although they were poodles, took her in with open arms and loved her as their own ever since.
Growing up, Noémi learned to play the ocarina, and looked up to her brother greatly, as he had five years on her and a helpful personality. She picked up Domish rather quickly and was speaking fairly fluent by age 3. By the time she was 10, she began thinking of the way she saw animals, and came to the conclusion, with some insight from her brother, that a furson is a furson be they male or female, and one's life is what they make of it. She decided that if she was going to care about someone, gender would not bind her, nor would she be bound by her own born gender to act or dress however she desired. It was also never hidden from her that she was left on the family's doorstep. She vowed to one day reunite with her birth family.
Now in her late teens, Noémi is an adventurous catgirl with a fiery spirit. She's learned magical arts and painted magical symbols on her ocarina, imbuing it with magical properties and capabilities. By combining certain melodies with particular mental images, she can cast simple spells to change the weather in the immediate area, bring life to plants, call upon non-sentient animals, and more.
When she was very little, she remembers being told a fairy tale of an Emerald Flute; an item with incredible magical properties. It could cast great spells and be taken apart and used as a spyglass. On her 19th birthday she declares to her family that she is going to quest for the Emerald Flute. Her family, always encouraging musical arts and fantastic desires, supported her, gave her money and supplies, and bid her luck on her grand quest. Upon her departure, out of sight of his parents, Noémi's brother met her for one final good-bye, wherein he hugged her firmly, and after a short speech telling her how she would always have a home with her adoptive family, kissed her.

Huzzah for another character! I'll have quite a few of these as time goes on...
Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

don't worry, I have 30+... I need a life...
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate
zen_dharia
Baron
Baron

Post by zen_dharia »

It sounds like you've already got at least 31 lives. There's no shame in being creative and getting so involved in something you enjoy doing. The only thing is keeping track of them all.
Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

yep, I've probably forgotten a few, in fact...

zen_dharia
Baron
Baron

Post by zen_dharia »

Here we are with another character.

Name: Ewan McMillan
Orientation: Straight
Height: 1.8 m (5'11")
Weight: 78 Kg (172 lbs)
Race: Feline; Ocelot (J. Pardalis)
Appearance: Pure ocelot blood is evidenced by Ewan's crisp and clearly spotted fur. He has short, dirty blonde hair
Birthplace: Glasgow
Clothing: Ewan wears the uniform of the Royal Navy

Ewan comes from a long line of pure-bred ocelots native to Essex. His parents lived in Glasgow for a while where they died of a mysterious illness shortly after he was born. He was raised in an orphanage until he was old enough to set out on his own. When he was 16, he enlisted in the Edwinish Royal Navy and has since been promoted to ensign. He now lives on his own near the naval shipyard in Glasgow. He visits his parents' graves every day he's in town to pay his respects. He carries a foil that once belonged to his father who bought it on a visit to the Kingdom of Domus, and has never lost a duel with it yet.
Spoiler:
zen_dharia
Baron
Baron

Post by zen_dharia »

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Name: Unknown; goes by alias "Mercutio"
Orientation: Unknown
Height: 1.9 m (6'6")
Weight: 95 Kg (210 lbs)
Race: Primate; Ring-tailed Lemur (L. Catta)
Appearance: All that can be seen of Mercutio's true appearance is his ringed tail
Birthplace: Unknown
Clothing: Similar attire to that of Mask☆DeMasque from Phoenix Wright, only in dark and dreary colors of purple and blue, no brooch, and a mask similar to Majora's mask from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, again with the same dark theme as the clothes.

Mercutio is an odd being. He sometimes helps and he sometimes hinders. He uses magic heavily, usually lesser magic, and is under the impression that these powers come from his mask. He introduces himself as "Mephistus Erroneous (essentially "The Wrong Devil")... but you can call me Mercutio". He usually plays harmless tricks, but every now and then something gets stolen or someone gets hurt or killed. He lives by the will of the mask. The mask itself does have at least a few magical properties: When it is near, a mournful song, once a melody of goodness can be heard, getting louder as the mask gets closer. The mask is also permanently set on Mercutio's face and anyone else who touches it or attempts to remove it via magic or weaponry is injured. The mask also keeps Mercutio alive without him needing to eat, drink, or rest. One could assume that since the mask is permanently attached to his face, the song it emits is deafening to him, having driven him mad with it's relentless looping, his madness evidenced by his behavior and apparent views of Feila and it's inhabitants. He wields a sword he created himself he calls The Half Wing, which resembles a longsword with an impossibly narrow double-edged blade and a guard on only one side. Mercutio can channel his powers through the blade and cause it to have different attributes like superheat, poison curse, splinter, and zap slash.

His powers include, but are not limited to:
Flight/levitation
Short-range teleportation
Life without basic needs
Electric touch (electrifies his body without harming him)
Water walking
Wall walking (although this and water walking may be him toying with the levitation)
A Hero's Death (a spell in which the mask rattles violently, causing whoever the target may be to burst into flames while electricity surges through their body. If done long enough, the target will die)

He may sound a bit corny or lame or whatever, but I feel he could become very interesting in a story. He may seem like some all-powerful being, but his purpose isn't to ruin a story, only add more levels to it. Goodbye, Ben.
Last edited by zen_dharia on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

nice character >< temping the lovely bunny to touch it :P hehe I wonder what'll happen. X3
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters
zen_dharia
Baron
Baron

Post by zen_dharia »

Name: Keega Rattan
Orientation: Unknown
Height: 1.7 m (5'10")
Weight: 90 Kg (200 lbs)
Race: Rodent; Capybara (H. Hydrochaeris)
Appearance: Brown fur and big brown eyes almost entirely pupils. Heavy body type.
Birthplace: Somewhere in Maze
Clothing: Keega wears a simple pair of brown pants and nothing else.

Keega is a happy furson with nary a care in the world. He wanders the globe, setting up shop in various towns. He always carries a large sack on his back, packed with materials for his work, extra pants, and other supplies. He keeps his earnings in a satchel he keeps on him at all times. It's unknown how old he is, as legends of him have been heard dating back some 200 years. He makes a few different types of masks himself and sometimes trades them for other masks, all of which he sells in his shops. The masks that he make could be magical or not, depending on whether or not he choses to make them so. A magical mask of his creation would gain its powers through runic and other symbols carved into the inside of the mask. All the masks he makes are technically magical, as they all have a simple attachment spell on them to hold to your face without the aid of straps or strings or the like.

Long ago, he was robbed of a mask he created. The magical symbols carved into it were supposed to allow the wearer to invoke the powers of a great demon. It was stolen before the final symbol was carved in, the one that would preserve the wearer's control over the powers and his sanity.
Last edited by zen_dharia on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

Wow... O.O so... umm... this character and the other are connected... right?
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters
zen_dharia
Baron
Baron

Post by zen_dharia »

In due time, friend. In due time. Happy (late) Bday btw.
zen_dharia
Baron
Baron

Post by zen_dharia »

Here's a couple more characters. These are for the Age of Muskets

Name: Elias (Eli) McCreed
Height: 2.18 m (7'2")
Weight: 180 Kg (400 lbs)
Race: Hybrid Feline; Liger (P. Leo x P. Tigris)
Appearance: The massively muscular pirate has ash fur with rusty stripes. His mane is a muddle of these colors.
Birthplace: The shores of Edwin
Clothing: McCreed wears no shirt, but a large, rust-colored coat with ash trim and buttons, custom made to compliment his fur. He also wears tan pants and big black pirate's boots. His huge belt has five holsters for pistols and two places for cutlasses, one of which much larger than the other.

McCreed is a towering pirate, a true beast, fearing nothing and no one. He is immensely strong, able to lift and maneuver an entire cannon with relative ease, and incredibly tall which makes him a force to be reckoned with even without his crew, small as it may be. He doesn't talk much about his past, and it's likely "Elias McCreed" isn't even his real name. He doesn't believe much in magic, but he does keep a magician on his crew, even if he is more for entertainment. His ship, The Bloodlust, is a galleon he boarded and single-handedly commandeered, forcing some of the crew under his control. He has since formed his own crew and now sails the seas living his own version of "the good life".

Name: Clayton White
Height: 1.9 m (6'3")
Weight: 108 Kg (240 lbs)
Race: Feline; White Bengal Tiger (P. Tigris Tigris)
Appearance: While not as impressive as his captain, Clayton is just as menacing with his high-contrast fur. He also has a scar down his left eye.
Birthplace: Glasgow, Fortriu, Edwin
Occupation: Bosun and First Mate on the Bloodlust under Capt. Eli McCreed
Clothing: Tan pants and black boots. His belt has two holsters for pistols and one place for a cutlass.

Clayton was born to a single, slave mother. When he was 12, he and his mother were sold to a family in Maze. Upon reaching the port in Maze, the slave-transporting galleon was overtaken by McCreed, White's mother killed, and himself forced to hide on the ship. McCreed eventually found him, and White then challenged him to a duel with swords. McCreed won easily, knocking the cub out, but instead of killing him, he merely left him with a slice over his left eye. When he came to, White was in McCreed's quarters face to face with the giant. McCreed admired his bravery, and took him under his wing, raising him as his own pirate son. Clayton has been good friends with, seeing him as the father he never had, ever since. To this day he is loyal to his captain.

If anyone would like to join McCreed's crew, PM me and we'll talk about it. There are 18 slots open. Until then, the crew will be just extras who will be killed off in-story as the slots are filled. This should be interesting.
Last edited by zen_dharia on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emisio
Spy
Spy
Species: Canine-Grey Wolf

Post by Emisio »

Welcome :)
Emisio at your service