Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Lordric (Non-Feila Story)

Post your own furry artwork and writings here. Non-furry themes are also allowed. Need writing or drawing help? You can find it in the Tutorials sub-forum, or you can post a tutorial yourself there. Role-playing advice can be found in the Tutorials sub-forum.
Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Lordric (Non-Feila Story)

Post by Maxwell » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:00 am

Lordric, the land of honor and hope. The Birthplace of Maxwell. Bordered by the countries of it's ally, Astora and it's frequent enemies, Carim and Midland. Many races exist, such as goatmen, foxmen, wolfmen, horsemen, and the humans. Others existed, of course, but these were the most common. The birthplace of Elle Maxwell, and his father, James Maxwell. This is the story of the Maxwell house, and how it fell from honor. This is the story of James Maxwell.

It began with his James' father, Gordon. It happened after Gordon had defeated and enemy lord on the battle field.

The wolf lord stumbled back, losing blood quickly. He fell over, his armor creating a loud noise as he hit the ground. Finally he laid on his back, bleeding out. His attack walked over to him, and spoke to him.
"You fought well, your lordship. May you be at peace with your death."
Before he died, the lord reach out, grabbing the man's leg.
"Wha..." He coughed up some blood. "Wait. May... I know the... name..."
The attacker was a foxman, and as he spoke, he place his hand on his heart. "My name is Gordon Maxwell," he said, speaking proudly.
The dying lord spoke, "Then, Gordon, I have one request before I die."
"What is it? I'll honor the lord's wish." His voice resounding.
The lord had knew one thing was sure of this foxman. He was made pure. "I... I have a son. I... want you, such an honorable and good man, who shows mercy to even his country's hated foe, to take care of my son."
Gordon knelled down to the lord, and clutched his hand. "I will take care of your son. By the sword in my hand, I swear it on my name."
The lord smiled. "Now, I can die. I know you will take care of him. You will honor your promise. I will go, satisfied and still proud."
The lord closed his eyes, and passed away peacefully.

Gordon knew the lords house as and honorable house, one of kindness in times of peace, and one of stout courage in times of war. The name of the house was Brava. He regretted that he had to kill such a noble person.
"I will keep my promise. Your son will live, and I will make sure nothing will happen to him."

This promise would not be kept, but not for lack of trying. Cain Brava was only four when his father died.
Last edited by Maxwell on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I really enjoy realistic sword fighting.

Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7592&p=136853#p136853

Sponsor

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Re: Lordric (Non-Feila Story)

Post by Maxwell » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:19 pm

Nine years later, Cain didn't remember much of his past. He'd adapted well with the Maxwell family, though, as he was a wolf and not a fox, he never really fit in. He felt as though he belonged somewhere else.

He had a brother, James Maxwell. The two never got along. They didn't fight, mind you, they simply never talked to each other. James had tried to make contact, but he could never find what words to say.

They were quite different after all. Cain preferred long walks in nature and liked solitude, leaving him to his own ideas. He always had a more pessimistic outlook on the world, believing that war would never stop. He always had a dream about stopping needless bloodshed forever, and letting innocent people continue on with their own lives.

James, on the other hand, had a light hearted look on the world. He believed that people fought for different reasons, some aligning with his own, and others opposing. He preferred hanging out with other friends, playing sports, and learning.

They hardly talked to one another, except for the most basic of questions; "Where's Father?" "Could you pass the bread?" and other simple inquires.

That was until one day. Cain had been walking alone in the forest. He had just come from school, when a group of four boys approached him.
"Well, look what we got 'ere," the biggest had said. Cain was the target of many bullies, due to his small size and different race.
"Go away," Cain said meekly, and backing up.
The boys continued their advance. "This little bastard is scared. Let's give him a reason to be scared," another boy said.
"LEAVE HIM ALONE!" a voice shouted from a distance. The boys looked and saw a fox sprinting towards them. It was James, who was unusually tall for his age. He tackled the largest boy and punched him, though, only to a moment where the boy had obviously lost. James stood back up and faced the other three opponents. The one on the ground scrambled up and ran away, followed by the other three.

James turned to Cain, who had been shoved on the ground. He let his hand out to Cain. Cain hesitated, but eventually took the hand. From that day, Cain and James would be best friends, and, more importantly, true brothers.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:45 am

Oddly, it was on this day that Gordon Maxwell had met the incredibly handsome, smart, wise, and all out champ, Darwin (What?) Darwin had simply arrived at Gordon's door one day. He was looking for a certain kid, Cain Brava. Gordon let Darwin into his house. Darwin explained why he had arrived at Gordon's door and why he was seeking Cain.
"The boy is dangerous. You don't understand what he is capable of."
Gordon shook his head, "No, Cain is a fine child, he's just a little misunderstood, that's all."
Darwin sighed. "Look, may I meet him? I'll show you what I mean."
"Fine," Gordon said, annoyed. He called for James and Cain.

Darwin met James, who shook his hand vigorously. Then Cain walked behind James. Darwin held out his hand, sure Cain would spit on it, or perhaps try to attack him. Instead, Cain gently shook his hand and proceeded to stand next to James. Darwin was relieved.
This can't be the one they spoke of. The promised one...
"Ah, I seem to have made a mistake. Good day, I'm sorry to have bothered you."
He began to leave, but then though of something. This will prove his innocence.
"By the way, you didn't happen to find a red orb when you found Cain, did you?"
"There was a small red orb around his neck when I adopted him. Why?"
This is the kid! But, he's nothing like they predicted. Maybe the family was able to do something?
"No, it's not important, just curious. Good day Mr..."
"Maxwell. Lord Gordon Maxwell. These are my sons, Cain and James."
"Well then, good day, Lord Maxwell. Good day little ones."
May fortune never reveal what you truly are, Cain.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:38 am

Gordon was suspicious. It was odd that this Darwin fellow knew of the red orb. He digressed it. I'm sure what ever it was, he was mistaken.

Six years later, James had become a noble Knight Scholar, a position of high standing and of most honorable respects. He took it upon himself to investigate all things foreign to this world. He mainly studied the use of Sunlight as a weapon and, more importantly, a healing tool. Gordon Maxwell had fallen deathly ill, and all conventional cures, including penicillin and blood transfusions, had failed. There had been rumors about the use of Sunlight as a miracle, and James was desperate for anything to work. He did have a particularly odd side hobby. He studied martial arts, particularly eastern swordplay.

Cain, on the other hand, became a quiet house lord. He'd spend long nights in his library, studying other worldly subjects. Most oddly, he found this particular place interesting. The Abyss.

Both, however, found one artifact fascinating. The red orb. Neither knew what it was. Until one day.

James and Cain had been close friends since that day James saved Cain. Cain would only leave the house if he was with James, and James would frequently check on Cain. One day, however, both were studying the orb, as they frequently did. Cain had opened an ancient book, which both had been working on to translate.
"James, come look at this passage."
James walked over and viewed the passage. It made little sense to him, save for the mention of something called a King's Eye and a being known as the Promised One.
"What about it? I don't think I understand."
"Keep reading."
James kept reading, and the King's Eye had an illustration. It looked exactly like the red orb in their possession. A small description underneath the illustration translated in to: The eye of the God King. It serves those who are destined for greatness, at a tremendous price, however.
"At a price?" James asked, nervously.
"What do you think?" Cain responded.
James didn't respond, only pondered. He decided to change the subject, "Did you ever translate that Abyss book? The one about the Red Night?"
Cain was a bit taken aback, but responded pleasantly, "Yeah, it said something about fate, and how the fateless family can stop the Abyss. I thought it was a bit weird."
James was concerned with Cain's obsession with the Abyss. No sane person would ever want to know about that place unless they had a good reason.
"Cain, I think you should stop reading these books. Aren't they disturbing?"
Cain became a bit defensive, "What? I find them interesting. Sure, their primal and gruesome, but I enjoy studying it."
James kept pushing, "I think you need a break. You haven't been outside in days. I have to bring you food so you don't starve to death. Please, just ease up on the studying."
Cain became increasingly hostile, "Just because I have the guts to look into what's dangerous doesn't mean I'm in danger. It's just reading."
James didn't hold up, "I am trying to find a way to help Father! I think that research is far more important that this malarkey!"
"Like studying the sun is helpful and some farfetched miracle is worthwhile. How dare you call my hard work meaningless!"
"You could be helping me cure Father, and instead you do this, you sit in the library, studying useless pieces of ancient text about a non-existent place. It's harming you physically, you look lighter and more gaunt. You have these dark circles under your eyes all the time. Stop this stupid act and-"
Cain had thrown a punch at James, hitting him square in the jaw. A tooth had cut Cain's fist, and a small amount of blood had splattered on the orb. The orb began to vibrate.
While the punch did disorient James, he was able to stay standing. He stared blankly at Cain, who was breathing heavy with an angry, but also guilty look on his face. Both then turned their heads to the vibrating orb.
At that moment the orb's eye slightly opened. It looked directly at Cain, then shut.

((This world is ahead in it's medical technology. Medicine, such as Penicillin, is seen by most as a miracle, but some know that it is an antibiotic. Plate armor is also advancing with mail mixed with plate, but weapons have remained mainly steel, outside of the occasional black powder bomb.))

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:07 am

A few days had passed since the incident between James and Cain. Cain blamed James for sticking his nose in places he shouldn't. A small part of him felt guilty, but the long night studying the Abyss had warped his mind. While he cared for his brother, he placed his goal above all else. He began to pursue knowledge of the Abyss more fervently than ever. He was sure the Abyss would help him reach his dream. His dream of ending this world's suffering and torment. His dream may have been benevolent in it's early stages, but then he realized, or was persuaded, that to end this world's suffering, he would have to take it over. He couldn't let anyone stand in his way. Other habits began to take place. He frequently wore the Red Orb around his neck, fascinated by it. I'm sure. This thing is not of this world. It exhibit's power. It reacted to blood. My blood.

Meanwhile, James found himself swooning over another vulpine lady. Her name was Adriana Turin, a slim and fit 5'5" fox with white fur on her arms and legs, and a white tipped tail. She was a sweet and kind young lady, if a bit shy. The two found themselves spending plenty of time together. Slowly, but surely, they began to love each other.

When James wasn't spending time with Adriana, he was working on his research. He found where he might find his answers. A master of the sun, or supposed master, lived in Paris. He found his father lying in bed. He wasn't recovering, but James' experimental Sunlight Healing had prevented him from getting any worse.
"Paris? But... That's over the Carim Channel..."
"Father, I know I'll have safe passage. France is supporting us in the war, and they hold the channel."
"James... Tell Cain... You're... Leaving..."
James was hesitant. Cain had avoided him in the past few days. But he nodded.

James caught a glimpse of Cain in the basement. He approached Cain. Cain seemed confused.
"Cain. I'm leaving for a few days. Take care of Father, will you?"
Cain couldn't let the old man slow down his research. But he still cared for his Father. He gave a quiet "Yes," before James walked away.

Darwin had stuck around the family ever since he visited them years earlier. He'd become quite the family friend, and offered to go with James.

((You heard me right, Paris and France. This is an alternate Earth. See, Carim is in the location Lower England, Astora is where Wales would be, Midland is Scotland, and Lordric is Ireland. Humans are in Carim, but there are all kinds of countries and kingdoms all over the world.))

RoderickCi
Cub
United States of America

Post by RoderickCi » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:34 pm

I've enjoyed reading your story a lot. Can't wait for more. Thanks for sharing Maxwell.

RonGreen
Cub
United States of America

Post by RonGreen » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:58 am

Maxwell wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:07 am
((You heard me right, Paris and France. This is an alternate Earth. See, Carim is in the location Lower England, Astora is where crazy bulk is made https://nowhereland9.org/crazybulk-reviews/ find more about products manufactured in Wales would be, Midland is Scotland, and Lordric is Ireland. Humans are in Carim, but there are all kinds of countries and kingdoms all over the world.))
This is what makes the story more interesting. Are you going to continue the story further? This is an interesting story and I can't wait to read more.