Scraps (lit)

Post your own furry artwork and writings here. Non-furry themes are also allowed. Need writing or drawing help? You can find it in the Tutorials sub-forum, or you can post a tutorial yourself there. Role-playing advice can be found in the Tutorials sub-forum.
Sade
Dysuhlian >:C
Species: Toaster

Re: Scraps (lit)

Post by Sade »

So, I haven't logged into Feila in ages and ages, but I do very occasionally come back to re-read some of my roleplays from back in the good old days when things were new and vibrant, and the few comparatively more recent ones from the sort of brief renaissance I had here between a year and a couple years ago. Instead of re-reading old threads this time, I decided to peruse my Feila folder on my computer to look at some of the things I'd written but never posted, or posted and later deleted for probably emo-tastic reasons. I found rather more of it than I remembered. Lots of bits of story idea or setting background information I hadn't wanted to elaborate on at the time. I always found great fun in trying to weave stories around central mysteries, even if other players didn't catch on that there was some deeper lore at all.

Well, I can't see returning to most of this stuff now, so I figured I'd go ahead and post them here. Maybe someone will read them and find them interesting. I'll try to organize all the material related to a specific plot or setting idea into single posts to keep things neat.

Sponsor

Sade

Post by Sade »

This is a one-off story fragment set during the Age of Space. I wrote this... a long time ago now, before my hidden lore for the Age evolved to its more recent point. This was before I had created the character Etienne and redefined the Immortal's Club as his own singular post-biological super-intelligence personification. In the newest lore, the Immortal's Club *IS* Etienne, and nobody else. In the old lore back when I wrote this, it was still just a nondistinct society of technologically immortal Feilans. I provide helpful background commentary within the document itself, so I won't explain further here.

Spoiler:
Last edited by Sade on Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sade

Post by Sade »

This incomplete character bio was the origin of the idea for the tiny rat-like, powered-armor-riding religious fundamentalists in the Seeking Fortune Age of Space roleplay (viewtopic.php?f=54&t=7631).

Spoiler:

I fleshed out the idea for much of my plot contributions to that roleplay before it started, and I later adapted them to fit into it. The original story would have had New-Minova stealing the magicapacitor directly from Freya, using a teleportation artifact left behind by Consensus and Dissent to reach wherever Freya had been keeping it. This would have led Freya and any other player characters to the religious fundamentalists.

Originally this would have taken place during the Age of Cyborgs, with the fundamentalists hiding on an island where they were constructing a crude starship built from salvaged aircraft fuselages and wings and rocket booster engines all welded together sort of mad max style, with the inoperable lightspeed drive left over by Consensus and Dissent buried inside it. Their situation would have been somewhat more desperate and precarious as well, always at risk of being discovered by the grey nanite-android-Etienne and attacked by Party forces under his control.

New-Minova would become a more sympathetic figure when it is revealed that she is some kind of genetically regressive runt or freak, even smaller and more feral-rat-like than the other fundamentalists. She made herself useful by stealing things they need for the starship, which is something they condemned while simultaneously making use of the spoils, because she thought it would prove her worth. Freya would eventually learn that the Fundamentalists had always planned to leave the small rodent behind, never to meet the Creators. This incarnation of the Fundamentalists setting element was more intolerant and arrogant than the one used in Seeking Fortune.

For whatever reason, through roleplay and such, the idea is that Freya would have allowed them to use the magicapacitor- at the time it was simply a component they needed to slot into the FTL drive to make it work. As they were preparing to take flight Etienne and the Party attacks, there is a battle, action ensues and all that, but of course against all odds they make it to orbit and use their FTL drive to find the creators.

There is more, but it gets into spoiler territory for Seeking Fortune, and there's still a chance that roleplay will continue.

Sade

Post by Sade »

Out-of-Universe and In-Universe origins of Consensus and Dissent

Spoiler:

Sade

Post by Sade »

I enjoy world building and creating interesting settings to toy around with. Often these settings will change over time as I toy with them, and sometimes I've mused about ways to combine them with each other or, in this case, with Feila. The idea I had while writing these fragmants was for the invasion of information age Feila by my furry-but-actually-aliens Ezran species, which itself is split across a few different interstellar civilizations. I've placed the snippets in chronological order, but it is not the order they were originally written and some details do not match across them.

El'ylara Arrival 1:
Spoiler:

El'ylara Arrival 2:
Spoiler:

Excerpt from War: Alien Battle Flyers:
Spoiler:

Battle for Glasgow Roleplay Prompt:
Spoiler:

Sade

Post by Sade »

A story idea I played with for a while was that of an alternate reality in which the great dragons remained in control of Feila with the help of a tribe of fennec foxes from Piriqui possessing unique powers of manipulation, who eventually went on to essentially enslave the minds of those dragons, either dominating or sort of reverse-evolving them, and seized control of Feila sometime before the medieval era. These two different Feilas eventually come into contact during the medieval era when the Unseen University accidentally teleports a squid to the other reality. The story then diverges in my mind along a couple of possible story arcs. One of which sees Telemain teleported to the other Feila, where he leads a rebellion against the fennec foxes. Another is a much slower burn with more opportunity for roleplay arcs in which the fennec foxes of the other Feila try to infiltrate this Feila.

Talking about this Feila and that Feila is confusing. In these writing fragments I usually used "native" or "sidereal" to refer to our Feila, and "outsider" to refer to the alternate Feila. I posted some of these fragments already some years ago before going back and deleting them. I can't remember exactly which ones were already on here, so I'll just put all of them here.

The Sudden Squid 1:
Spoiler:

The Sudden Squid 2:
Spoiler:

Sky Palace Communique (The Sudden Squid 3):
Spoiler:

Bio: Albus White:
Spoiler:

The Sudden Squid 4:
Spoiler:

The Eternal Glory:
Spoiler:

The Cant:
Spoiler:

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

These have all been great to read. If you ever do decide you want to revisit Seeking Fortune, just send me a PM. I do still log in from time to time, or post to it. I check the site for new posts more often than I log in.