Asyriel's Artings (art, NEU)

Post your own furry artwork and writings here. Non-furry themes are also allowed. Need writing or drawing help? You can find it in the Tutorials sub-forum, or you can post a tutorial yourself there. Role-playing advice can be found in the Tutorials sub-forum.
Asyriel
God
God

Asyriel's Artings (art, NEU)

Post by Asyriel »

For anyone who wants to check out my artwork...
My FA page
Last edited by Asyriel on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sponsor

Asyriel
God
God

Re: Asyriel's Artings (art, NEU)

Post by Asyriel »

something new..
Spoiler:
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

"Ha ha!" The manx alchemist exclaimed as the cylinder in front of him began to glow dimly with a deep violet light. "It works!" he continued as he marveled at the creation that was the culmination of his life's work. The Magicapacitor, a cylinder made of alchemical Orihalcon metal, and alchemically enhanced glass. The viscous solution inside is what gave off the glow, a glow that would grow brighter as the device gathered and stored more arcane energy. One end of the cylinder had a composition tube attached to the inside with an opening to insert a sort of plug that would draw the collected energy out. The tube also acted as a catalyst that allowed the solution inside to gather energy.

The alchemist grinned like a madman as he hefted his creation off of the work table and carried it over to a receptacle. He carefully placed the cylinder into it's proper place then sat back to wait and watch. The glow the device emitted grew steadily as it gathered energy. when the glow was bright enough to fill the room, the alchemist took the siphon rod, and plugged it into the tube on the end of the magicapacitor. He locked it into place, and headed for the nearby window to see if the power was flowing. A rope made of special fibers, and laced with more orihalcon transferred the power out of the building. Outside, the cord was connected to a ring of metal curved into a near tube and etched in runes, inside it was another solid ring that began to spin. As the spinning ring got up to speed, the encasing ring lifted off of the ground. "it works!" the alchemist exclaimed again before shutting down his test.

Over the next several years he managed to build a craft, his magicapacitor being the power source to run it. He took the craft to show his former colleagues, those that hadn't believed he could do it. Among those colleagues was a female lynx he had harbored feelings for in the past. She saw the craft, and also saw an opportunity. She played to the alchemists old infatuation, and eventually got him to show her how it worked, and take her on board. That's when things started downhill. She stole the magicapacitor in the night, and made off with it. She didn't know how to turn it off, and neither had predicted the destructive potential if it kept gathering energy without releasing it. She took it to her own workshop, with plans to use it for her own purposes. While she had the devise, and the alchemist looked her, it continued to gather energy and she had no way to release it, nor did she know how to turn it off. the light from the devise grew brighter as the energy built, eventually the devices capacity was reached. The energy was released in the worst way possible, a destructive arcane blast that destroyed the lynx's home, and the entire nearby village. The blast was seen and heard for miles, trees were pushed down from the force of the blast. The crater encompassed the entirety of the village that had been there. The alchemist saw the blast and headed for the source. He came upon the ruins of the village and could easily deduce what had happened from arcane residue. He assumed his device destroyed and fled, not wanting to be connected to the disaster. Word reached the capitol quickly from the closest military garrison of what had happened, and Freya was sent out to investigate. Everything was left as it was originally found until she arrive. She searched through the wreckage at the center of the blast and eventually found the magicapacitor. The device was scorched, but otherwise undamaged. The catalyst had been blown out of the solution by the force of the blast, but was still held to the lid by a flange. Freya followed the psychic impressions to the alchemist that had created it. He was brought to the capitol as well, and after his story was told, it was decided that the device would be hidden away, and his notes kept hidden within the palace. The alchemist agreed to the plan, but could not see his life's work completely forgotten. He learned of where the device was to be hidden, and made note of it's location within his notes, though the message was written in a cipher.

After a close call of somebody nearly stumbling on the device's hiding place, it was decided it would be moved, but a trail would be left. Freya argued against the idea, but 200 years after the explosion, the device wasn't looked at in the same light, and some thought it may need to be recovered some time in the future.

Somewhere along the line, the alchemist's notes were taken out of the palace, nobody could decipher what they were so the book was sold, along with the location of the Magicapacitor's original resting place, and the first step on the trail to finding it's final one.
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Freya lay in bed, looking through the skylight at the night sky, wondering what she had done wrong. Etienne was supposed to have been home more than a week ago, and there was no sign that he would be back anytime soon. She eventually got up, and began walking through the enormous empty living space that had been built for them at the top of the tower. Empty rooms and hallways, this was no home, there was no warmth, and what love had been there when they moved in was bleeding away. She rarely saw her husband anymore, and when she did see him, he was overprotective, and becoming more and more obsessed with controlling...everything... She sighed as she found herself standing in front of one of their children's rooms. The kids were long grown up, and while they were welcome anytime, they had been spending more and more time off doing their own thing lately.

Again her thoughts turned to just what had triggered the changes in Etienne, he had known from the beginning that aside from the occasional splurge, she wasn't one for large displays of wealth or power. Yet it seemed that was nearly all that mattered to him anymore. The first move had been innocent enough, they had just found out they were going to have a third child. The pregnancy had been a surprise since she Freya had always had trouble with natural conception, and that was exactly what this had been. Etienne had made the suggestion that with another child on the way, they should get a bigger place. Freya had reluctantly agreed, and the result had been much more than she had expected or ever wanted. It was a domino effect from there, Etienne desired more, and Freya conceded...it had seemed like such a small point at the time.

Freya found herself out on the balcony, looking out across the city as she continued to sift through her memories. The worst had started only about a decade ago, Etienne was feeling his age, despite the age defying treatments. He spent more and more time away, lost in trying to find a new way to cheat time. She had voiced her opinions, and desires, tried to communicate, come to some sort of understanding, but it seemed that everything she said fell on deaf ears. He had even gone so far as to psychically block her, and that wound had cut deepest. Bereft of routine physical contact, and now even psychic contact, Freya finally realized that while Etienne was physically still alive, the dog she had fallen in love with was slowly dying, being replaced by a power obsessed stranger.

Freya blinked tears from her eyes as she realized that she almost wished Etienne had let mortality run it's course, and leave her with love and fond memories than this slow destruction of everything she had ever loved about him. It was with these thoughts, and the grief one feels mourning a lost loved one that she made her decision that it was time to leave, while she still could, while there were still happy memories to hold onto. Freya went back through empty halls, back to an empty bedroom and bed. She laid on the bed, and cried, mourned her lost love. The next morning she would start preparing to leave....
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Let's give this a shot. I recently finished a rough reference sheet for Freya

philipandre1231
Baron
Baron
Species: Dragon

Post by philipandre1231 »

I cannot see any of these pictures and it hurts my soul because i really wanna see them...
RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

I can't see anything either. You might want to try using links. However, I did try this and still could not see your artwork.
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Hmm...well the most recent one is showing up for me...I think I'll just edit my first post, and put a link to my FA page instead.
Alden
Baron
Baron

Post by Alden »

Looks great!
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Thank you!