Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Arturur and Angel (Novelette) (FINISHED)

Post your own furry artwork and writings here. Non-furry themes are also allowed. Need writing or drawing help? You can find it in the Tutorials sub-forum, or you can post a tutorial yourself there. Role-playing advice can be found in the Tutorials sub-forum.
RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Re: Arturur and Angel: Short Stories

Post by RabidFox » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:35 pm

Thunder

"What in the hell are you talking about?" Demanded Igor, with a strange look on his face. Once again, Arturur and him had switched places.

"I'm going to face my destiny." Proclaimed Arturur, overflowing with joy. "My destiny. You understand. This path set out before me. To others, it would seem long and impossible. But soon, I will have great powers. Great power over the entire kingdom."

"Yeah, I got that part." Said Igor, lost. "I mean, what are you getting at?"

"I'm feeling really good today." Answered Arturur. "It's amazing. This feeling. I feel great. I feel like I can take on the world."

"Why are you feeling so good, though?" Persisted Igor.

"There was this... incident that happened." Started Arturur, the smile still on his face. "This horrible thing. For a moment, I was just angry with Alysius. Then something else came to mind. My entire future. Everything. My identity, my home, my family... Everyone around me. It's like good cheer."

Igor was flabbergasted.

"Now if you don't mind, I'm on my way to a party." Grinned Arturur, as he got up to leave.

"It's not even started yet..." Said Igor, looking at the clock on the wall. "You know, I didn't take you as the party type."

"I'm always the life of the party. I assure you." Insisted Arturur.

Sponsor

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Post by RabidFox » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:28 pm

Another Critic

Abner had been following Arturur around all day. Despite that Arturur was very interested in this new person, his nerves were beginning to wear thin.

Abner was another very tall man. He had the same bright white hair as all white pixies did, and pale blue eyes full of contemplation and sadness. His face was the traditional long and sharp shape, with piercing features that demanded attention and obedience. And, just the same, he wore a long, white coat.

"You know, you don't have to follow me everywhere." Sighed Arturur, as the pair walked down a long hallway.

"I've told you again and again." Abner was a little annoyed himself. "I was ordered to follow you."

"That doesn't mean that you have to honour that." Replied Arturur, giving him a look.

Abner made a tired face. "You are so hard to get along with." He commented, truthfully.

"I resent that." Said Arturur, though, he appeared unfazed.

"Do you have any manners at all?" Wondered Abner, looking down his nose at him.

"I pride myself as having good taste." Answered the Prince.

"Good taste?" Scoffed Abner, ready to smack him upside the head. "You don't have to be so sarcastic."

"I'm not being sarcastic." That made Arturur angry. "I am never sarcastic."

"Really?" But Abner didn't believe him. "Good taste? How am I supposed to take that?"

"Precisely as I said it." He responded.

"But it sounds like you're giving me a hard time. Like you have been ever since we started working together." Abner was none too happy.

"We just started working together today and already you have developed an opinion about me?" Arturur didn't like that.

"Well, of course." Said Abner, as if it were obvious. "That and I've heard quite a bit about you already."

"You shouldn't listen to what other people say." Warned Arturur.

"Why not?" Asked Abner, getting more and more offended and irritated. "They're not idiots."

"That's your opinion." Scoffed Arturur, looking to the side with a smile.

"So." Abner suddenly stopped walking. "You just think that you're better than the rest of us? You haven't even given us the chance! You are arrogant and pompous. Prince or not, you shouldn't talk to other people that way. Especially those of your own kind. We're all leaders here."

"You think that simply because you are of noble blood, I will put up with anything you say." He retorted, his back to him.

"That's not true." Said Abner, through his teeth. "Though, at some point, it really is. What? Do you not want the friendship and counsel of your own class?"

"My own class." Arturur laughed, finding that amusing. "I am royalty."

"And I am a high-ranking noble." Abner was getting sick of him.

Arturur turned around to face him. "And my father is the King."

"Diego is a very nice and gentle man." Responded Abner, in a tight and angry voice. "You do not know him. He would not put up with your behaviour."

"Really now?" Arturur's face was blank. "I suppose I wouldn't know. Afterall, I'm only a guest here." And then Arturur turned back around and starting stomping away down the hall.

Abner felt bad. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings!" He called after him.

But Arturur would have none of that. "I don't need your apology. I'm fine."

Abner didn't believe that for a second. However, he knew that Arturur was very sensitive, and so he let it go. He started after him, hurrying to catch up.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Post by RabidFox » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:10 pm

Softly

Arturur was alone in his office. He was sitting on the floor, his back against the wall. He wasn't doing very well. A terrible mood had come over him. It was like everything suddenly became dark and the light had gone out of his world.

He was in the middle of a very difficult situation. The nobles were returning to the place of their birth, to the kingdom's castle and the lands of the ruling class. They were merging with their own for the very first time. And Arturur had it the worst. Afterall, he was the Prince. Most people were looking at him, thinking about him, talking about him. The white pixie felt surrounded by curiosity and speculation.

And then... there was...

Diego.

Arturur had not yet met him. He had not yet even laid eyes on him. He didn't even know what he looked like. Arturur had never seen a photograph or painting.

He just... he had to take a break. Everything was getting too hard, becoming too difficult. The world was becoming illuminated and sensible and just... overwhelming.

And then there was Abner. Following him left and right, up and down the hallways, in and out of rooms. He had become thoroughly sick of him. But there was no way to get away from him. The orders did not change, no matter how annoyed Arturur became. Abner was with him whether he liked it or not.

Right now, however, he had been given a break from the other white pixie. He needed some time to calm down and think. To just rest.

He got up on his feet, walked over to his couch, and fell down on the cushions. He stared at the ceiling for a while, and then closed his eyes. Tiredness overtook his senses and gently, like flowing water in a stream, he quietly and sweetly fell asleep. The sensation of stillness, the power of silence. Quietly, in the middle of a busy world, he found peace and escape and thoughtless dreams.

He slept sweetly.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Post by RabidFox » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:22 pm

Confusion

Arturur was laying in his bed. They had given him a temporary bedroom at his grandfather's home, which was a giant mansion. The young white pixie was tired, both in mind and body. And spirit. He was exhausted. He was... just flat out finished.

Arturur had a fuzzy green blanket over him, and over that a blue and orange quilt, and over that a white and green quilt. His eyes were resting on the ceiling, thoughts miles away. In his imagination, he looked through his past, through his childhood, trying to find some answer to his problems. But, alas, work was hard and thinking was work.

He felt comfortably alone. Being by himself, it eased his mind and gave him the opportunity to fly around in the clouds. Worlds drifted and passed over him. Life swirled and danced. The people in his mind came together and then broke apart. He focused on their voices, on their each and every little movement. He thought of years gone by and then the possible futures that he might take.

He thought of life and death itself. Then he tried to push away the morbid images.

Arturur had spent twenty-seven-years living with peasants. There was a grand palace, but it was ruled by the King of the Peasants, not the family of the white pixie. And that was where he had lived. It was a beautiful place, but nothing like the majestic castle where his father dwelled. Nothing like the unimaginable wonder of the ruling class towns.

What would his father say to him when he met him for the first time? What expression would he have on his face? What would he be wearing? What kind of person was he? It had hurt his feelings when Abner had emphasized that Arturur did not know Diego. It had forced Arturur to confront the burning emptiness inside of him.

Deep down, beyond the protective spikes, past the hardened exterior... Arturur was a lonely, sad kind of man. Oh, he had been happy enough living with the King of the Peasants, but, of course, that had not been enough. Arturur had always desired to go home and live with his real family.

Since he was born, Arturur had been warned time and time again about the Headmaster's Illness. It was a terrible condition worse than insanity that claimed the mind and destroyed the soul. It was the most horrible thing that could happen to a person. It was hell itself. Headmasters had gotten the illness in the past, and the only preventive measure was to keep the person from most of the ruling class and control their thought processes as much as was healthy. Exposure to the rulers of the kingdom meant almost certain development.

And that was why... Arturur had never met any of these people before.

What would it have been like to grow up with Abner? Or to hear Granpa Pooky's jokes? Or to experience the rule of his father?

Arturur didn't know and that hole in his heart bothered him immensely.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Post by RabidFox » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:22 pm

The Epilogue

Arturur had been exploring the castle. It was huge and everything in it was gorgeous. The best of this and the prettiest of that. All the most beautiful stones and the most intriguing patterns. It was like walking in a dream. This was where he was born. This was where he saw his parents for the very first time. And this was where he had been taken away from. This place. This majestic place. His original home.

The white pixie felt overwhelmed with emotion and he suddenly had to stop. He was alone in a hallway. Then, with only little warning, he lost consciousness and fell to the ground.

With no one to help him, he just laid there. A mystery within a mystery within a mystery.

The End