Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Abner's Shadows (Novelette) (FINISHED)

Post your own furry artwork and writings here. Non-furry themes are also allowed. Need writing or drawing help? You can find it in the Tutorials sub-forum, or you can post a tutorial yourself there. Role-playing advice can be found in the Tutorials sub-forum.
RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Re: Abner's Shadows (Short Stories)

Post by RabidFox » Wed May 18, 2016 5:42 pm

Nobody Knows Why

Abner was a dark person. He didn't live in shadows and he didn't take off in the middle of the night. But he did run through rain—The heavier the better. And he liked the colour red splattered against a wall. He would grin manically and his eyes would widen to absorb the high, intense feelings.

Arturur was also a very dark person. But he had encountered things in his youth that made it difficult for him to open up about himself. No, he was not dangerous to himself like Abner, and he didn't have overly violent fantasies. But he was still a dark person.

What exactly that meant, Abner was not entirely sure. He had heard a little about him from Alysius and a few other people that also knew him, yet no one had ever known how to put the bits of information together. It was impossible for them to know what they were getting into.

And now Abner had a very short time to get Arturur to accept defeat.

How did you win when the game was invisible? How could he do such a thing?

Well, Arturur made it sound so easy. "I don't have any problem submitting to their greedy, information hoarding." He joked, but he was also serious. "I really don't mind. They just don't realize that yet."

"How can you be so calm?!" Demanded Abner, amazed at Arturur's nonchalant nature.

"Because I know that everything is always fine in the end." Explained Arturur. "Once I get to the chopping block, I'll tell them that I really don't care and nothing will happen."

"What a really strange, bizarre way to think!" Exclaimed Abner, angered at Arturur's carelessness. "I swear, I will tear out that part of you if it's the last thing I do!"

Arturur just shrugged his shoulders.

Sponsor

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Post by RabidFox » Thu May 19, 2016 5:45 pm

The Final Battle

"Arturur!" Abner was furious.

"And then I can put a Rubik's Cube on all of their desks and they can try to figure that one out." Arturur laughed, calmly walking around Abner. "If the pixies don't get that, I guess I can always provide them with a phone book to call a therapist. They're going to have big problems if they just keep ramming into walls like that. You know? You know, Abner?"

Abner interrupted to yell at him. "Stop acting like such a jerk!" He demanded, his fists clenched.

"I'm angry." Said Arturur, plainly. "I'm pissed off and I can't stand it that these people keep questioning everything that I say. I need to be reconstructed in order to make them happy! That's what they're telling me! What is wrong with them?! Why are they so intent on destroying me?!"

"They want to help you, Arturur!" Tried Abner, his voice a mixture of anger and sympathy. "That's all they want to do! But if you don't let me help you, they're going to break you in half! You don't want that, Arturur. I know what they're talking about. You don't. It would be horrible, Arturur. You have to let me help you!"

Arturur growled to himself, becoming silent.

"The first place to start is to stop fighting me!" Insisted Abner, doing anything he could to get him to listen. "One of your biggest problems is that you lash out at anyone that tries to give you help. You're not going to get anywhere if you don't calm down and think about this rationally. At any moment, Ishimi can lose his temper and start taking control. Or he can pity you and start taking control. It doesn't matter what you set off in his head. He will control you! He will not let you deteriorate and if he thinks that he's in the right, then he will set the gears into motion."

Arturur scoffed, arms crossed over his chest.

"Please, Arturur." Begged Abner. "Please!"

Arturur said nothing. He wouldn't even look at him.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Ireland

Post by RabidFox » Fri May 20, 2016 3:54 pm

The Epilogue

Abner was in the library, staring at a random row of books. He had just stopped. He had just decided to look. At something, at anything. His mind was flipping and tumbling and doing some of the best acrobats that it had ever done. As he struggled to come out a winner, he felt need shaping his mind. He felt that the weight of Arturur's impending fate was pushing him to become smarter and smarter. Things were strange that way. You were always too weak to save the day until the very end, and that was when the clock started ticking.

Abner held up his hand, his eyes analysing what was right in front of him: His own hand, his body, his inner thoughts. Who was he really? He wondered. What kind of person would he grow into some day? And could that day be today? The questions of his past mingled with the time limit of his future. Because if something happened to Arturur, it also happened to him. He had spent his life wondering about this strange, mysterious man from the little fishing village. Arturur was supposed to be his friend, his "family", his own "kin". Nobles stuck with royals, and royals stuck with nobles. Diego was indeed a dear father figure to him. Arturur—even without knowing him—had always felt like a brother.

Abner cursed, stomping one foot into the floor. His fists were clenched. He was angry. Arturur was a very hard man to reason with, and he was, in a way, very dangerous to himself. Not in the ways that Abner was to himself, but still dangerous. Dangerous to his mind. The man had sunken inside of himself the moment he was born, and never came out to say even so much as hi. He was obsessed with his own thoughts in a very unhealthy way—It pushed everyone out, it pushed Abner out. Abner didn't want him to push him away.

Arturur... what's your secret? That's what he wanted to ask him. What are you hiding? What happened to you...? Was it lonely living with so few people like you? Did you even properly bond with them...? Arturur?

"Who are you?" Abner's voice faded into the emptiness of the room.

The End