Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Musical Theme Studio

Looking for artwork for your character? Or maybe you have services of your own that you would like to profit from? Well, then this is the place to go. All avatar makers, signature image creators, commissionable artists, and this and that's can open their very own shops here.
JamesG
Inquisitor

The Musical Theme Studio

Post by JamesG » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:01 am

I am opening this thread in order to do commissions for people interested in having musical themes written for their characters. As I am currently considering doing themes for the countries of Feila, as well as having completed a theme for Feila, I thought it might be fun for individual characters to have their own themes.

I can use any instruments or song types by request, but here is a basic chart of what may be commissioned:

1 Minute Theme - A short musical composition that captures the character of one of your characters - 500 Gold
2 Minute Theme - A longer composition for one or two characters - 1000 gold
3 Minute Theme - A composition for two or three characters - may include fanfare or finale - 1500 gold
4 Minute Theme - A composition for three or four characters - may include fanfare or finale - 2000 gold
5 Minute Theme - A composition for four or five characters including fanfare and finale - 2500 gold
10 Minute Theme - A very long full musical composition for many characters with a fanfare, variations on theme, descants, solos and finale - 5000 gold*

*As of the 23rd of September 2010, five and ten minute themes are no longer available to commission. The reason is, the diversity of characters, and thus genres and styles that change constantly, as well as the months it takes to compose, makes these pieces impractical in terms of time and do not allow me to develop character themes as fully as I would like.

Time: Compositions may take from weeks to months to complete to my satisfaction. Commissioners ordering a 10 minute theme should be prepared to wait a substantial amount of time.

Prerequisites: All Commissioners must have 100 Posts before requesting a theme. This is to prevent new people requesting themes and then leaving the forum.

Payment: You will be asked to pay once the theme is finished. It will not be uploaded until payment is received.

Example works:

Uploaded works:
Feilan Suite - for the forum.
Jeremy Rask's Theme - A gift for RabidFox.
Telemain's Theme - Commission for Rackenhammer.
Indrick's Suite - Commission for Indrick151
The Significant Vulpine Fantasia - Part the First - Commission for Bigfox3
The Significant Vulpine Fantasia - Part the Second -Commission for Bigfox3
Cantuo's Theme - Commission for Healy
Last edited by JamesG on Fri May 07, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

Sponsor

materwolf
Omnipresence
Species: Collie

Post by materwolf » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:25 am

I might request a theme for Tim later. I have to decide what would best suit him seeing as he's such a jack-of-all-trades. I'll probably have some sort of reference by the end of the day (my day in afghanistan) that I'll send you.
"Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise."
-Commander William Riker, USS Enterprise, NCC-1701D-

My characters
[url]http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=4044[/url]

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:26 am

OK, cool. I look forward to it. :D
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

Rainwhisker
King
Species: Lynx canadensis

Post by Rainwhisker » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:02 pm

Hm...

Sounds pretty interesting. =o
Image Image- I pranked/shot Felia. Mwahahaaha!

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:26 pm

Wow, I could keep you busy for far too long. For now, though, I'd just like a two-minute composition for my character Telemain Eveks, please.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: [email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:17 pm

Sounds good. Any particular thoughts on instruments, etc., or shall I decide on all that?

My Characters

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:47 pm

I'd have a hard time explaining why, but I think woodwind instruments would be especially appropriate. Other than that, it's up to you.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: [email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:03 pm

Right-o. I'll get started.

My Characters

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:29 pm

My Characters

Rainwhisker
King

Post by Rainwhisker » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:53 pm

Now I'm serious that it sounds like an oldskool game of sorts. =p I'm thinkin Gameboy or somethin, but it's still as intriguing to me. Maybe the nostalgic feel, hm?

I like it. =p

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:07 am

It's very likely that older games had their themes composed with MIDI instruments. Nowadays, game makers have the money to actually hire bands or orchestras. The difference in sound quality between MIDI and an actual recording probably makes you think of old games. I know what you mean. :D

My Characters

Rainwhisker
King

Post by Rainwhisker » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:23 am

Probably so, heh.

I've listened to a few 8-bit remixes of modern songs - they're pretty decent enough, some were even used in Mario Paint...but it does make me feel retro. XD

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:32 am

Just to keep the two commissioners updated:

Mater: The theme is progressing well. Due to its fast tempo, it may take a while to write out the full two minutes, but otherwise I'm happy with the styles based on the songs you suggested. The violin and the guitar seem to be the star instruments of the piece so far. 8)

Indrick: I am about two minutes and forty seconds into the composition. Each character needs 1 minute and twenty seconds, so I've finished Logan and Amelangrien. His theme took particularly long due to the complex chords required. I think I already have about six channels of 19 dedicated to the organ. This piece shifts in dynamics quite a lot, with which I am most pleased. :D

If any information here seems to either of you to be heading in the wrong direction, do send a PM, and I'll be happy to change it. :wink:

My Characters

materwolf
Omnipresence
Species: Collie

Post by materwolf » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:44 am

Thanks James. I can hardly wait. I honestly forgot about this for a while.
"Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise."
-Commander William Riker, USS Enterprise, NCC-1701D-

My characters
[url]http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=4044[/url]

Bigfox3
God
Species: Fennec Fox
United States of America

Post by Bigfox3 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:43 pm

OOOOOOOH.... X3 I TOTALLY want in on this! Whaddaya think about an orchestration centered around Toyomi? I'm thinking his is the starting main theme, and then something Big Band for Big Momma, a bit of jazz for Kirin, maybe something flutey and adventurous for Shana and Tarin, and finally something mellow and slightly technical for Tala before coming back around to Toyomi's violin orchestration. It's big, but it sounds cool! 8D
The Dessert War never happened, but I'm deluded enough that I've convinced myself I already won. :3

My Character Library
Click here to see my Deviantart page!

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
'SPAMMA TANK' GAMMA Created by Shade
Advanced AI Tank

Big's quick link to the IRC chat box for those who can never find the thing, like me! 8D