Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Feila Smiles on Shady Tavern Topics

Talk about anything that you want here. If you wish to discuss or plan specific role-plays, use the Role-playing Discussion sub-forum. Recruiting people for role-plays can also be done in the Role-playing Discussion sub-forum.
JamesG
Inquisitor

Feila Smiles on Shady Tavern Topics

Post by JamesG » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:47 am

Now and again, RabidFox and I receive strange messages. Messages, asking if they can make a new topic in the Shady Tavern, or start some discussion thread. These messages seem to indicate that a few users, not mentioning any names, because I can't remember any, think that they might get into trouble for creating threads about any old topic in the Shady Tavern. Well, you ask yourselves, is this true? Do we frown upon people who make topics such as 'Should I Buy a Ferret?" or "Did Anyone See the Cricket Last Night?"

No!

We LOVE these topics. Write away, if you feel like it. If you have some urge to tell the forum that you have a list of reasons you hate skiing, or you want to start a career in paving roads, go ahead. I read pretty much every topic here, even if I don't comment on all of them. I write all kinds of random threads about things I find funny or interesting, like Australia assaulting camels with helicopters, or how I spend my leisure time doing pointless tasks on video games. So please, if you are new, or just unsure about what thread fits into the Shady Tavern, please do not be frightened to open up a new topic and type away at whatever you want to share with us. Even if it seems silly, or you are not sure what forum to put it in, chances are it will fit here. We do not bite. We do not ban people for putting things in the wrong forum, and we do not frown upon random or strange topics.

So please, next time you hesitate, and feel a glimmer of nervousness when you look at the Submit button, remember: Feila Smiles on Topics.
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

Sponsor