Any one play minecraft

Talk about anything that you want here. If you wish to discuss or plan specific role-plays, use the Role-playing Discussion sub-forum. Recruiting people for role-plays can also be done in the Role-playing Discussion sub-forum.
RabidFox
The Great Fox
Great Britain

Re: Any one play minecraft

Post by RabidFox » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:26 pm

I thought it was scary when, all of a sudden, my character was wounded. I was in the makeshift house and then, from out of no where, some extremely creepy person appeared and was shooting at me through the window. Then I went outside at some point and found a wolf. It was docile at first, but I thought that it would try to eat me, so I attacked it first. Then, I realized later, that the wolves do not attack you unless you attack them first. :!:

The night time mode is strangely frightening. Do kids actually play this? I would think that their heart would shoot through the roof. If I had a kid, I would not let them play this. Even as an adult, I think that the predator mode is just so... wow. Who had the time to make this game up? I would think it was made by a random generator before a real person if I didn't know better. X)

Some people are just crazy.

Sponsor

Styx
Thief
United States of America

Post by Styx » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:28 pm

Yeah, lots of kids play Minecraft, especially on Xbox since consoles are easily accessible. I think most of the people I know who play Minecraft are 12 and under :P But kids might be increasingly desensitized nowadays. Lots of kids also play first person shooters, grand theft auto sims, dead rising zombie games, etc, so some rickety skeletons and slow-moving zombies won't scare them much.

I think there were a lot fewer types of monsters before, and they were tamer. But developers wanted to put in more excitement and risk. I just hate it when creepers explode and ruin something I was building.

I'd like to try the PC version out some time, with all the mods and such. But it's been nice on the Xbox with all the official character packs and theme packs. I really liked the Mass Effect pack :D

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Great Britain

Post by RabidFox » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:02 pm

Oh, I am terrified of zombies. I cannot even begin to stand them. It is a wonder that I ever got through Half Life 2. It was full of hopping zombie head things. I hated the part in the basement when all these zombies are closing in on you when you are trying to escape up through the elevator. I never got past it.

I have watched Resident Evil from a distance. I could not stand it. It was overwhelming. And then the movie, guh, I watched it from start to finish years and years ago. I was trying too hard to desensitise myself to zombies. Did not work at all.

I am more afraid of bones, though, and Minecraft actually has skeletons in it.

I am old fashioned but I cannot stand the reality of kids playing whatever they want these days. It is not being careful to raise your children.