Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Any one play minecraft

Talk about anything that you want here. If you wish to discuss or plan specific role-plays, use the Role-playing Discussion sub-forum. Recruiting people for role-plays can also be done in the Role-playing Discussion sub-forum.
tannerfox
Baron
Species: wolf

Any one play minecraft

Post by tannerfox » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:10 pm

hey i was wondering if anyone else plays the most awesome game called Minecraft on this forum i seemed to have gotten addicted to it and i was wondering if anyone had any crafting storys to tell
Image I Blew up Felia on my first try i have mad marksman skills Now no website is safe from THE WOLFS VENGENCE!!!

The_Links
Darren
Don
Karnis(Age_Of_Space)
Image lol

Sponsor

Dimitriexeno
Outlaw
Species: Jawa
Location: giving the finger to the Feilan behind me/out my window.

Re: Any one play minecraft

Post by Dimitriexeno » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:35 am

only one. i played once at my friends house, we planted about twenty tree saplings, or whatever. i was walking over them when the game lagged and a tree spawned inside me. bringing a whole new level of "Stuck in a tree."
Spoiler:

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Great Britain

Post by RabidFox » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:00 pm

I've not heard of it. What's it like and what system is it for?

tannerfox
Baron
Species: wolf

Post by tannerfox » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:12 pm

really thats funny they fixed that tho in Beta update 1.3XD well its basically a complete sandbox survival game and its for the pc dont worry about graphics cus its not that demanding to run and you will see once you look at it :3 http://www.minecraft.net/ there is the site if you wanna look and learn more about it.

ps: its hard to explain it cus its kinda one of those game you have to play to understand XD but hey anything is possible on it

(also for those who don't understand my new avatar that block that comes out of the guy is a diamond block in Minecraft and its very hard to get and find unless your lucky)
Image I Blew up Felia on my first try i have mad marksman skills Now no website is safe from THE WOLFS VENGENCE!!!

The_Links
Darren
Don
Karnis(Age_Of_Space)
Image lol

remmus
Count
Species: Lynx

Post by remmus » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:13 am

yeah I play it from time to time, just single player tho, currently building a big tree house using tree blocks, to add some tree like aspects each corner is made from a tree I grown from a sapling, so I get the leaf blocks you only get from intact trees.

tree tree tree
War...war never changes

Characters:

Ralos (Fantasy)

Canis
Marquis
Species: Ursus Arctos

Post by Canis » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:18 am

I've been seeing videos, parodies and tv trope mentions about it these times. Why is it so addicting? The videos give me no clues at all.

remmus
Count
Species: Lynx

Post by remmus » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:20 pm

Canis wrote:I've been seeing videos, parodies and tv trope mentions about it these times. Why is it so addicting? The videos give me no clues at all.
frankly it´s one of those "if ya don´t play it ya don´t understand it" kind of games, just looking doesn´t do much, but basicly it´s like being dumped into a randomised world, that constantly expand as you explore it, and the world itself is basicly made of a kind of lego blocks you can gather to either make into new stuff, or just replace into the world to create a house, a giant pixel art of soem old video game character.

oh and there some touches of survial with monsters that comes at night that can kill you.
War...war never changes

Characters:

Ralos (Fantasy)

Canis
Marquis

Post by Canis » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:31 am

I like lego. And pixel art.

Canis
Marquis

Post by Canis » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:15 am

Ok, now I think I've played enough to curse you for presenting me it. That thing is addicting. I could be doing so much useful stuff, but nooooo. I am here, freaking hunting for strings so I can make a bow so I can get rid of that f*ing creepers without blowing up. I will post you the size of the cave I opened later. It's so big that I am having a hard time finding a place which's not made of bedrock.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Great Britain

Post by RabidFox » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:21 pm

I recently got Minecraft for the XBox One. I tried the tutorial at first, then moved onto survival mode. I built a structure and totally enclosed it, roof and all, except for the windows and the door, which was made out of nothing but wooden blocks. When the enemies came out at night, it scared me so much that I quickly turned off the game. You wouldn't think that those kind of 2D graphics could be scary like that, but I just couldn't stand the skeleton with the bow. It was really freaky.

I started playing it again today. I've only had it for several days so far. This time I tried creative mode, but I haven't got a chance to really get into it yet. I made a world called "Feila" and it's covered with mountains and lakes. I am having trouble finding any flat ground.

When I had only heard of it, I didn't think that it sounded very fun. But it's actually not that bad. In fact, I think it's great.

Funnily enough, chickens keep jumping in my windows at night. I guess they're trying to avoid being killed by the enemies. <:D

Catalina Tamiko
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Post by Catalina Tamiko » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:37 pm

I have played and do still play occationally. But honestly... its not that addictive to me. I think its fun for about 45 min. After that. The constant shift of night and day without some real time aspect... yea it just got aggrivating.

Creative mode... eh i just dig a hole down to the center of the world, stack tnt in it and blow it up.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Great Britain

Post by RabidFox » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:09 pm

It is such a complicated game that I will probably at some point purchase a guide for it. While it seems pretty straightforward enough, it's got so many different kinds of materials and ways to craft and the worlds can be so large and expansive... Yeah, a guide seems pretty necessary eventually.

Catalina Tamiko
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Post by Catalina Tamiko » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:13 am

No need to purchase. Just hit the wiki. Its pretty expansive.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Great Britain

Post by RabidFox » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:29 pm

I was thinking maybe a Kindle edition? I need something that I can easily look at while I'm playing.

Styx
Thief
United States of America

Post by Styx » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:02 pm

I played with people on the Xbox 360 version a while back. I built a sky train that went across and around the whole map (before creative mode existed). Also a cathedral made of diamond with a golden cross. That taxed my creativity, and I get kinda bored of it since it's so free-form. I know there's the Ender dragon as a means to "beat" the game, but I tend to like games with more character, story, and direction (pretty cutscenes help).

When they updated it to make creatures go bump in the night, making loud sounds banging against doors and such, it was a bit creepy.

I haven't played the Xbox One version, but my wife's played it and says it's a huge space compared to last-gen.

But yeah, the game can be sort of complicated, especially first getting into it. Nicely, the crafting screens do a fine job showing how to craft one thing from other things. But I never really played with redstone much. People build amazing things with redstone, like calculators, computers, word processors, etc.