Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Flash CS3

Talk about anything that you want here. If you wish to discuss or plan specific role-plays, use the Role-playing Discussion sub-forum. Recruiting people for role-plays can also be done in the Role-playing Discussion sub-forum.
RabidFox
The Great Fox
Great Britain

Flash CS3

Post by RabidFox » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:04 pm

I have been looking for a download of Flash CS3. I don't mind buying it if it's cheap enough.

Recently, I have been studying it on top of everything else that I do. I think it's just wonderful. I miss making Flash cartoons. I remember the very first one I made was of a cat eating a mouse. The other one I made was actually a game where you must shoot innocent Moo Cows.

Oh, to be young again!

Anyway, I went to the local library. I even went upstairs to the kid section. There was this sign that said "Video games are here!" and I thought... wow, I would like one. But, unfortunately, there were only a few games and half of them were for the XBox 360. A device that I no longer have. The other half were for the Wii. But, you know, I'd rather draw on the Wii.

So I got this thick, gigantic book on Flash CS3. I am already on the second chapter. It's a total of... 300 pages! Approximately. Oh my... I just love to read!

Maybe, just maybe, somewhere in all of my... well, it's a rather typical schedule thing. I guess I just can see now.

Yes, but enough of all that.

I'm wanting to make Flash cartoons for Feila. I'm wanting to try out anthropomorphic animals on the big screen. In YouTube, you know what? It may start out as a small screen... but it eventually changes... into a FULL SCREEN PICTURE! Yay! :D

So, alas [Insert Grammar Mistake Here... that was corrected of course!], my question is pretty much just... Where can I download Flash CS3? It's an older Flash program thing. I don't know if people charge for it any more, however, I am interested in it enough to buy it. I'm just hoping that it's affordable one way or the other.

Sponsor

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx
United States of America

Re: Flash CS3

Post by Rackenhammer » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:10 pm

I know that Adobe Creative Suite released one of it's earlier editions for free some time ago; can't remember if it was CS2 or 3.

I have CS6 from my school; I got a student discount on the whole shebang (Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash). I use Illustrator the most for cartography, but I've made a few animated/interactive maps in flash. My animation is a little rusty now, though.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Great Britain

Post by RabidFox » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:49 pm

Oh, I really enjoy cartography too. It's great how creative a map can be. At some point, I even had a medieval character that was skilled in the art of maps.

It would be great if I could get a flash program for free. I will have to search for that title.

What is the prime focus of your studies?

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:14 am

At the moment, I'm still refining my thesis. I'll post a topic when I get it finalized.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length

Styx
Thief
United States of America

Post by Styx » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:20 pm

Well, the latest version of Flash is in Creative Cloud, which nowadays goes on a subscription basis. I can't say for other countries, but for the US, you can get the single application for $20/month, or $30/month for application access to all Adobe products.

If you are or were a student, it's even better at $10/month for one application or $20/month for all of them. Eligible "students" include K-12, university/college, or homeschool: https://www.adobe.com/education/student ... y.edu.html

The CS3 book might help with some basic UI features while using the latest version. But there's probably plenty of online tutorials on using Flash CC. And using more modern software would help take advantage of better features while preparing for possible freelance or professional work.

PS: it was CS2 that people were saying Adobe was giving for free. But that wasn't actually the case: http://www.forbes.com/sites/adriankings ... -for-free/