Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Activity

Talk about anything that you want here. If you wish to discuss or plan specific role-plays, use the Role-playing Discussion sub-forum. Recruiting people for role-plays can also be done in the Role-playing Discussion sub-forum.
Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Activity

Post by Maxwell » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:54 am

How active is this site? It seems posts have become sparse with the past two years, so is this site just very small or is it basically dying?
I really enjoy realistic sword fighting.

Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7592&p=136853#p136853

Sponsor

silentnight1992
Cub
Species: wolf
United States of America

Re: Activity

Post by silentnight1992 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:17 am

As someone who just joined i am very curious as well.

philipandre1231
Baron
Species: Dragon
Norway

Post by philipandre1231 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:35 am

It's dying off to tell the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:05 am

There are a few people who post regularly...sadly it's barely a handful. We get a lot of new people who come in, make an introduction post, and never post again. And Maxwell, give me a day or two, and I'll drop a post in your RP. As one of the very few new people who actually bother to try to join/start an RP, I hate to see your efforts go unrewarded.

I would like to point out though, and this is only from my perspective. In the Sand RP, there's not a whole lot of room for another player to join. You've got your character getting on a vehicle with another character who you've painted to be by himself, and in the middle of nowhere. A place where people are left for dead. Personally, when joining an RP, I look at it from the character's perspective....Why would they be in that location at that time.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:05 pm

I just sort of just introduced him there. I kinda sent him off to Gawain, as there seemed to be more people there than anywhere else. He kind of just woke up there. Last thing he remembered was making a deal with an old man, with the promise of revenge, then everything just went dark. BTW I have a character that he is hunting down, but I don't think she'll make an appearance in any RPs, unless I plan on leaving, or some other major event happens.

silentnight1992
Cub
Species: wolf
United States of America

Post by silentnight1992 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:39 pm

I will be looking for a RP as soon as possible. I have a character ready to go but unfortunately I'm have to pull 12 hour shifts at the foundry so it's difficult to find time.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:12 am

@Maxwell: Well, I guess my question is then, do you want participation in the Sand RP or do you plan on opening something new in Gawain. Gawain is across the ocean from Kahun btw.

@silent: 12 hour shifts can be rough, I've worked a lot of those myself, and I know how hard it can be to RP after them.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:45 am

Be better if we opened something new up at a port in Kahun. Sorry, I'm use to writing stories and controlling the entire world, not actually RP, so I still need to get use to being in the presence of others.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Great Britain

Post by RabidFox » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:39 pm

Maxwell wrote:How active is this site? It seems posts have become sparse with the past two years, so is this site just very small or is it basically dying?
As far as activity goes, Feila used to be a huge and very popular role-playing forum. At the peak of our activity, people were making about 100 posts a day. But, over time, the userbase became smaller and smaller, and now only a small amount of people write posts.
Maxwell wrote:Be better if we opened something new up at a port in Kahun. Sorry, I'm use to writing stories and controlling the entire world, not actually RP, so I still need to get use to being in the presence of others.
We're very open minded here at Feila. You can control the world setting in all kinds of different ways. I think Sade even created his own kingdom, but I never really knew much about it. I just know that he was always fleshing it out through role-playing. So, yeah, you can make your own lore and you can create your own areas. You don't have to ask first. Just do whatever you like. Some people like to go by what's already written, while others like to explore new ideas.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:37 pm

It's a shame I joined this site so late. Must have been fun at it's peak.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:03 pm

I'll still be here willing to post until the day Rabid decides to take the site down.

Is there any type of character, or personality that you're looking for to play with yours Maxwell? I have quite a few characters with different abilities and personalities.

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:35 pm

Someone who is a very good or bad person would be an interesting thing. A bad guy might hire Maxwell to fight for him or assassinate someone, while a good guy might argue what is good and what is not. Maxwell isn't a hero, nor is he a villain. He's just someone out for revenge. That being said, he'd go with whatever side he agreed with or was paid to fight with. If I had to compare Maxwell to a character, it'd probably be Heathcliff and Guts, only less cruel (former) and less masculine (latter.)

Alden
Baron
United States of America

Post by Alden » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Guts from Berserk (and the Heathcliff from SAO), I assume?
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Maxwell
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by Maxwell » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:36 pm

Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights. Y'know, Psychologically damaged, almost completely cold and heartless, yet with some attributes of a Byronic hero. Maxwell is slightly less cold and not nearly as cruel.
Maxwell is less physically imposing than The Black Swordsman, as he uses a longsword, and only weighs about 160 lbs. He is, however, an expert with his sword.

I'm also keeping the Sand RP open for those who want to respond.