Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

IMPORTANT NOTICE! - MALICIOUS SOFTWARE - PLEASE READ

This is where all of the old, memorable threads are eventually placed and locked. Anyone can browse through these threads, but the threads can no longer be posted in.
JamesG
Inquisitor

IMPORTANT NOTICE! - MALICIOUS SOFTWARE - PLEASE READ

Post by JamesG » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:43 am

My dear Feilans,

It has recently come to our attention that the forum's links are being subverted by a malicious site or program that is redirecting all users to a 'free virus scan'. This is an infection which CAN SPREAD ONTO YOUR COMPUTER. I am aware of this because that is what is happening to my computer.

I advise all users to avoid the following links on Feila until further notice:

INDEX:
Posts Since Last Visit
View Your Posts
View Unanswered Posts
Search
Memberlist
Usergroups

ANY USER'S PROFILE:
Find all posts by ______

THE CHATBOX:
Click to Join Chat

If you click on a link NOT LISTED here, and it redirects you to a malicious site, please report it immediately to me or any other member of staff, or post it here.

I understand many of these buttons not being used is a great inconvenience, but I shall reiterate. This is MALICIOUS software that CAN harm your computer, and I would not want to be responsible for our users computers being infected, if I did not recommend to you all to AVOID using these forum functions, until the problem is solved.

If you HAVE ALREADY been redirected to this malicious site, I strongly urge you to perform a scan for viruses, adware, malware and spyware. I apologise on behalf of the administration for this inconvenience.

Thank you for your reports already.
Last edited by JamesG on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

Sponsor

Rainwhisker
King
Species: Lynx canadensis

Post by Rainwhisker » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:32 am

I clicked click to join chat, but I was taken straight to the chat window. Nothing wrong there (this was several hours ago) it could be I was lucky.

I did a whole scan of the PC not long ago, so I think I'm gold.
Image Image- I pranked/shot Felia. Mwahahaaha!

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

Jackie Haystack
God

Post by Jackie Haystack » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:30 am

Yeah, chats good.

On another note, you can visit posts since lat visit, but only for refference, you can't actually click any of hte posts without getting hijacked

Eddy
Baron
Species: Otter
Great Britain

Post by Eddy » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:30 pm

I have a program that blocks unfriendly sites, I came across it yesterday, luckily, no harm done. The program I use is Rapport.
Nemo me impune lacessit
"Dieu n'est pas pour les gros bataillons, mais pour ceux qui tirent le mieux" - Voltaire
Characters
- Uthred
- Bjor
- Captain S.B. Fleming
- Lukas
- Eddy

Canis
Marquis
Species: Ursus Arctos

Post by Canis » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:03 pm

It is never unnecessary to stress out the importance of keeping your system security tools up-to-date. Anyone who fell on this trap would also do a full system scan.

Users of browsers with support to add-ons may also have a powerful help. I don’t know about Chrome or Opera or else, but Firefox users may use the following (that’s the ones I’ve been using so far).

Noscript: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722
It blocks all javascript on sites, allowing only the ones you accept, temporary or permanently. Be patient, as the add-on will be a bit annoying at the beginning but, as you “trainâ€