Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Character Creation Contest - Age of Cavaliers

This is where all of the old, memorable threads are eventually placed and locked. Anyone can browse through these threads, but the threads can no longer be posted in.
JamesG
Inquisitor

Character Creation Contest - Age of Cavaliers

Post by JamesG » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:31 am

Welcome to Feila's new contest, the Character Creation Contest.

Rules:

1. Characters must be submitted to the Host (JamesG) via PM with the name of the character in Subject line.
2. You have a maximum of one month to write your character and submit it. That means the deadline for entries is August the 17th of 2010.
3. Characters have no word limit.
4. The characters will be posted by the Host and will then be voted on via PM sent to the Host.
5. The winner will be announced two weeks after voting begins by the Host.

Topic:

In this contest, each competitor writes an original character for Feila. The characters MUST be written for the Age of Cavaliers, and for Feila. The character may come from any location in Feila except the Northern Continent. It can be any species, except human. The character MUST have a written history and MUST have a written appearance. NO images of the character may be used, or any images of the items or clothing of the character. However, you are strongly encouraged to find reference images for items or clothing for your descriptions. Refer to the Age of Cavalier's Introduction if you need help finding any. Please do not copy fictional characters that someone else has created.

Prize

The prize for winning this contest will not only be 50,000 Gold, but also a trophy to go into Feila's Hall of Fame, the knowledge that you are the forum's best equivalent of Alexandre Dumas, and a very special prize given to you semi-personally by the administrators:

RabidFox, and I, JamesG, do offer as our very special prize, to record ourselves singing your national anthem of choice, and posting it for your listening pleasure. We give no guarantee of singing it correctly, particularly if it is in another language, but we shall definitely put our love for music into our own unique rendition. We may use an instrumental backing track if available. We shall present two versions (A RabidFox version and a JamesG version), as we will be singing solo, not as a duet.

The trophy:

"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

Sponsor

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Great Britain

Re: Character Creation Contest - Age of Cavaliers

Post by RabidFox » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:46 pm

Don't worry. If you've seen the Three Musketeers, you're familiar with this time period.

Bigfox3
God
Species: Fennec Fox
United States of America

Post by Bigfox3 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:11 pm

Why do I have the strangest feeling that you guys might butcher it and sing off-key just FTLULZ? XD
The Dessert War never happened, but I'm deluded enough that I've convinced myself I already won. :3

My Character Library
Click here to see my Deviantart page!

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
'SPAMMA TANK' GAMMA Created by Shade
Advanced AI Tank

Big's quick link to the IRC chat box for those who can never find the thing, like me! 8D

Rainwhisker
King
Species: Lynx canadensis

Post by Rainwhisker » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:52 am

I'm so tempted to go for this simply because I'd like to hear you two sing Tanah Airku...
Image Image- I pranked/shot Felia. Mwahahaaha!

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!