Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The New Old Nottingham Beggar [PM FOR POTENTIAL ENTRY]

This is where all of the medieval Edwin role-plays are archived.
Kitt
Spy
Species: Fox

Re: The New Old Nottingham Beggar [PM FOR POTENTIAL ENTRY]

Post by Kitt » Wed May 21, 2014 9:37 pm

Kitt looked around the room with admiration. Enjoying and looking at the trinkets that Freya had laying about, interested by everything that was withing. Despite how plain the room was. As Kitt was set down he continued looking around before he turned around and noticed Freya stripping down. He looked away to give her privacy, blushing himself at Freya's lack of modesty.

Kitt took himself to the other bed, as Freya's modesty was an issue for him. T'was not the fact she was a female and stripped, but the fact that he had an issue with nudity in general. He had truly hated not having a shirt for himself for so long. Kitt himself took to wearing his clothes to bed, fully attired as though he were heading out some place, rather than to bed. He had originally planned to simply sleep by himself through the night. However after several hours of night terrors, he decided to spend the rest of the night with Freya. He smiled as he felt more relaxed with someone there watching over him.

Kitt awoke to Freya and as the pair got ready to be presentable. Kitt's attire was wrinkled from him sleeping within it that night. The pair managed to get the attire more presentable and freshened up. Kitt felt more attached to Freya, thus became a little more revealing to his emotions and shyness as he followed close behind her as they walked about the castle. Kitt listened to Freya and stood where she had told him to, waiting within the dressing room. Finding a seat to sit down upon as he looked around the room for a way to entertain himself whilst he awaited for Freya and Caraennyn to appear to him again.

His eyes gazed upon an instrument of some kind, upon closer inspection he noticed it to be a lute. He was tempted to just take the wooden instrument and begin playing loudly, but instead he simply took it and began to gently hold it in his paws. Kitt didn't know what, but something about the instrument just felt...right. Turning the instrument around and looking over it, he enjoyed it, briefly considering playing it, but advising against it in the end. Yet he didn't set the instrument down, instead he held onto it.
Psst! You! Yeah, you! You wanna draw me some free art of my fursona? ...No? Damn.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6763

I might be a tad all over the place during an RP - but I assure you, despite YOUR confusion...it all makes sense to me, and that's what truly matters.~

Sponsor

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer » Thu May 22, 2014 4:28 pm

(I think we can wrap up this thread after the ceremony.)

As he watched Kitt pick up the lute, Caraennyn had to smile. "You know," He said as an aside, "Troubador isn't a bad profession to pick up. They're welcome most anywhere, and your skill with languages will help; locals love to hear their own songs sung well." Making a mental note perhaps to teach him a Welsh ballad or two, the feline lord stiffened himself as the doors opened, and entered the main audience chamber.

He had to admit, Gavin made a much more impressive figure of a King in this environment. Taking steady strides, being very careful not to look to the right or left at the many pairs of eyes raking him, he stopped a pace from the dais, and waited.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: [email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri May 23, 2014 6:52 pm

Gavin stood as Caraennyn reached the dais. He nodded to a cat that stood off to one side, and started reading from an official parchment. "Know ye all those present. The present Earl of Cardiff, Corwin Valeth is, from this moment forward, hereby stripped of title and land for conduct unbecoming a nobleman, and crimes against the citizens under his protection. Any who harbor him or aid him in continuing to occupy the lands of Cardiff are subject to the same punishment."

Gavin spoke next "Caraennyn Fluelln, do you give your solemn oath before Midas, and the witnesses gathered today, that your fealty is to the country and crown of Edwin first and foremost? That you will uphold the laws of Edwin, and protect the citizens of your lands? That you will be fair and impartial in judgement, and when giving rewards and punishments?" Gavin spoke in solemn tones, and a resonating voice that carried his authority.

after receiving Caraennyn's oath of fealty, Gavin spoke again. "By the power of the crown of Edwin I declare you, Caraennyn Fluelln, Earl of Cardiff." He then addressed the room as a whole. "Remember, without the citizens, the nobility are nothing....take care of the people and they will take care of you."

The reaction of the other gathered nobles was mixed, though it was muted. Quiet conversations abound in the room, ranging from speculation that Gavin was making a mistake to quiet outrage to agreement, grudging respect for what Gavin had done.

Gavin turned his attention back to Caraennyn. "Come." He said quietly "I will introduce you to the marines that will be ensuring you actually get your lands back." He turned and headed for the dressing room that Freya had come through.

Freya smiled at Kitt as she followed Gavin into the dressing room. "Hey there, ready to meet your new traveling companion?" as she offered her hand to the kitten

Kitt
Spy

Post by Kitt » Fri May 23, 2014 8:51 pm

Kitt continued looking over the lute, after hearing Carennyn's comment about becoming a Troubador he decided to strum it a bit. Gently playing with the lute as a light song played out. He didn't truly know what he was doing, but he was enjoying it. The notes he played were in no particular order, as he had no idea what he was doing. Yet they all seemed to flow together as he strummed a quiet melody along to himself. The melody itself wasn't anything impressive, just simply a few random strings strummed in an order that he thought sounded pleasant. Yet the melody was entrancing to him, as he enjoyed the peace he felt as he continued to play.

He was so entranced and focused onto the quiet melody he was playing, he didn't notice when Freya and Gavin came into the dressing room. He simply continued his quiet and simplistic song to continue on. It wasn't truly until Freya spoke to him directly and put her hand out to him. Kitt nodded and stood up as he placed the lute down, before taking Freya's hand. He looked back at the lute before continuing to follow Freya.
Psst! You! Yeah, you! You wanna draw me some free art of my fursona? ...No? Damn.

I might be a tad all over the place during an RP - but I assure you, despite YOUR confusion...it all makes sense to me, and that's what truly matters.~

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Sat May 24, 2014 8:38 pm

"I, Caraennyn Fluelln, give my solemn oath before Midas, and the witnesses gathered today, that my fealty is to my country and King, that I am vassal to King Gavin of Edwin, and that I shall uphold the laws of the same, protecting the people of my lands, dispensing justice fairly and with impartiality."
There. He'd given his oath, and taken on his father's rightful title. Whatever came next, the ghosts of the past would not haunt him for any broken promises.

After the ceremony, Caraennyn walked behind the king, still somewhat in a daze and only half-believing these events not to be a dream. The solid uniforms of the Edwinian marines sobered him; these cats were to follow him in battle, but they were symbolic of how he was now part of a greater whole, the nobility of Edwin. In law, if not in fact.

The next task would be to make the law a fact. And discussions now began on how that was to be...

(And there's my last post for this thread)

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun May 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Freya watched as Kitt looked back at the lute he had set down. As his eyes faced forward again, the lute lifted slowly into the air and followed them, and Freya smiled a small smile.

As the group followed Gavin into the courtyard where a company of Marines had been waiting, Freya broke off from the group to talk to the only marine that wasn't wearing a uniform. Freya spoke to a female painted dog that was dressed in practical clothing, and had a large pack next to her. She stood about 5'4", was fit with fairly generous feminine curves. She had dark hair that was done up in drealocks with silver caps on the ends of them, and looked to be in her early twenties. Freya handed her the lute that Kitt had been playing earlier, and she approached Kitt. "So you're the one who caused all that uproar a while back huh." She said with a mischievous grin. "looks like you and I are going to Gawain. My name is Sillanah, but you can call me Sil if you like."

"Just call her 'Boom'" a nearby marine chimed in. which earned him a glare

Sillanah returned her attention to Kitt. "I've been told you took an interest in this." She said as she held out the Lute.

Meanwhile, a grizzled grey tabby with one eye, and wearing the knot and cord of a marine captain introduced himself to Caraennyn as Whiskey Jack...

Kitt
Spy

Post by Kitt » Sun May 25, 2014 9:33 pm

Kitt bowed respectfully and silently to Sillanah as she introduced herself. He himself had his composure back from yesterday, but he hadn't yet had the will to speak again due to the absolute shame he felt from embarrassing himself in front of the king yesterday.

Kitt nodded uneasily as Sillanah mentioned the uproar he had caused. Sticking a paw out and realizing he would be forced to speak to avoid sounding rude, he mustered the thickest and most believable Eiriann Gaelic accent he could. Nodding as he spoke aloud in his pseudo accent and spoke in broken Edwinish, ensuring it sounded as though he were struggling with the words.. "My...name...Kitt. Pleasure...to...make...acquaintance, Sillanah."

Kitt lifted an eyebrow as to what the other marine called her, and as to why she glared at him. Perhaps one day Kitt would ask her what the meaning behind the name was. Seeing as how they were to be travelling together for a time.

Kitt's posture and facial expression perked up as he saw the lute from earlier, excitedly taking the lute from Sillanah he held it close before he began to clumsily play with it. The short tunes coming from the instrument highly simplistic, but still pleasant to the ear. Kitt then froze as he stopped playing it. He blushed realizing in his excitement he forgot to thank Sillanah for giving him the lute, assuming to himself that he was allowed to keep it. Keeping up the pseudo accent he spoke up as he began to thank Sillanah. "Thank you, Sillanah! I apologize for I have nothing to trade besides these clothes...and they aren't even mine..."

Kitt's ears perked up again as he quickly turned to Freya, remembering a certain pair of furs that had helped him earlier.

"Freya! What of Aloine and Russel? Should we not inform them that we are departing?"

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon May 26, 2014 9:30 am

Sillanah smiled as Kitt spoke. "come now, let's have a little honesty here....Freya already told me quite a bit about you." She commented, referring to his assumed accent. She looked down at the lute when it was mentioned. "it's a gift freely given. We'll fix that clothing problem along the way too." She replied

"Don't worry." Freya replied to Kitt. "I'll make sure they know what's going on."

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Mon May 26, 2014 10:10 am

Whiskey Jack, eh? Well, the Marine looked sober enough, and quite dangerous, so that probably wouldn't be a problem. Honestly, Caraennyn had no problems with his chosen travel companions, and said so. He was quite curious as to why Kitt decided to become more incomprehensible, but refrained from speaking on that subject.

"Russel and Aloine will stay with me; Russel was one of my father's old retainers. We'll pick up the rest on the way, if you don't mind some ragtag allies." He gave Whiskey Jack a smile, as they exited the palace. In his mind, Caraennyn went over travel prep, thinking of everything he had to pack, and hoping that Russel and Aloine wouldn't mind being swept up in his aims...

Kitt
Spy

Post by Kitt » Mon May 26, 2014 8:24 pm

Kitt's ears pointed down as he nervously kicked some dust when Sillanah informed him that she knew of his ways. He looked up at the painted dog and nodded before assuming once more the local Edwinish accent. "S-sorry, Madam...I'm just...still ashamed of an occurrence from yesterday... I suppose adding more reasons to feel ashamed was not the best way to go about solving that issue, was it?"

Kitt then smiled wide when she said that the lute was a gift, giving the painted dog a hug as he smiled up at her before backing away. "Nevermind new attire, this shall suffice. In comparison to my old clothes - I feel like I'm wearing Gavin's most comfortable robes!" Kitt then snickered a tad at his joke, as he held his new lute close.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue May 27, 2014 7:55 pm

"There now, there's a lesson learned for ya, no need ta dwell on it" Sillanah replied gently when Kitt apologized. She was a little surprised by the hug that Kitt gave her, but she returned it without too much hesitation. "Well, if you're ready we should get ourselves going." She didn't bother arguing with the kitten about his clothing situation, he would need at least one more set before they got to their destination.

Freya watched Kitt's reaction to the gift Sillanah had given him, and smiled as the situation played out just as she'd hoped it would.

Whiskey Jack was stone sober, but agreeable enough. He did make it clear though that they were the king's men, and while they were under Caraennyn's command for the duration of his campaign, all orders to the marines would go through him though extenuating circumstances would be accounted for.

There was a little grumbling from some of the marines at the idea of picking up Caraennyn's men, but nobody actually voiced an objection.

((this seems like a good point to transition to new the new thread(s)))

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Wed May 28, 2014 8:02 pm

(That's fine. I've started my own thread already; decided to open more or less in media res: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6806