Vault of the Betrayers. (Join by Request)

This is where all of the medieval Territory role-plays are archived.
Kitsunegami
Marquis
Marquis
Species: Kitsune

Post by Kitsunegami »

Steiner had been flying over the lands he hadn't seen in ages. It had been so long ago... He landed in town and saw some strangers, seemingly new to the area, he walked over and consulted a wolf he once knew in his youth. "Vik, what's the story with these two?" he asked.

"Well, nothing just yet. They both landed a few minutes ago." Viktor said as he swept the steps of The Black Horse Inn and Tavern.

"I'll go break the ice. They may be seeking me out." he said to the wolf.

Steiner walked over toward the duo, he was wearing a dark blue shirt with a golden-yellow stitching down the front, and mahogany breeches with the same stitching down the sides of the legs. His talons clicked against the cobblestone street with each step, if it could indeed be called a street.

"Greetings travelers. May I ask why you have journeyed to great Piriqui?" Steiner asked in the trade language since it is likely the most common language feila-wide.

Sponsor

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer »

The raised eyebrow. Some have described it as the most dreaded of all gestures. It was what Zechariah gave Steiner. "We are not amused." the dragon said in a flat voice. "I have personally funded a few of your ventures, and our University many more. Even if I had slipped your memory, I should hope you would have had proper remembrance of my robes of office."
He sighed then. "Of course, if your days have been like mine, even that may be understandable. Well, I am Zechariah Vesperocci, coming on behalf of the letter sent to the UU. This is Ta'er, a singer of great talent, whose full purposes she is well able to outline for herself."
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length

Rainwhisker
King
King
Species: Lynx canadensis

Post by Rainwhisker »

Ta'er stepped forward, uncertain about the dragon's introduction. "I am Ta'er Reala Swallow." she chirped, dipping her head. "You're Steiner, are you not? I was hoping if you could help me decipher this," she said raising the pendant she wore. It was a tablet with an inscription of some sorts. It had some magical bearing, perhaps it was partly a rune of some form. She hoped that he had some clue about it, so she wouldn't stumble into a brick wall.
Image Image- I pranked/shot Felia. Mwahahaaha!

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

Kitsunegami
Marquis
Marquis

Post by Kitsunegami »

Steiner looked at the dragon oddly for a few moments before recognizing Zechariah. "Oh! Zech! I apologize, for not recognizing you right away. So much has happened recently in my research that I simply didn't recognize you right away." he said to the dragon. This likely wasn't the first time this had happened since Steiner tends to become engrossed in his work to the point that he occasionally misses a meal.

"Hmmm, Ta'er Reala Swallow... I hope you won't be too upset if I simply go by your first name. However, in regards to the item in question, that will need to wait. I'm still researching my findings on what I have determined to be called "the betrayers" in the ancient script and glyphs I found in the cavern. I'd go back for more, but suffocation isn't something I'm particularly fond of." He seemed to ramble off while speaking with Ta'er...

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

(Sorry about the post delay, folks.)

Zech nodded, temporary pique subsiding. "Indeed. I had hoped that you would take some time to unwind one of these days; you may very well go insane with all of this overwork. I have seen it happen, thankfully not often, with the faculty back at the UU."
The dragon waited patiently through Steiner's rambling, until the avian researcher seemed to stop for breath. "Quite. I believe we have much to discuss over that. May I suggest that we do so over lunch? You would know better than us what hospitality Rappahannok can offer."

Kitsunegami
Marquis
Marquis

Post by Kitsunegami »

"Of course, of course. Come with me. I invite you into my home to save you the trouble of checking the Inn. I'm afraid that while the Inn is the best in town, it is far less than you are accustomed to." Steiner said as he motioned to what is effectively a small mansion.

"Zech, my friend, you've nothing to worry about as far as my sanity. Heheheh. I'm just so excited since the age of the glyphs seem to pre-date the oldest known historical sites I've found. I'll talk to the hunters and see if I can purchase some meat and fruit." he said after directing the duo to his home. "There is some soup from an old Yamahan recipe already prepared, though I don't know if it will be to your liking. I believe they call it miso soup."

Rainwhisker
King
King

Post by Rainwhisker »

Ta'er's eyes twinkled as she saw the mansion, her worries about Steiner not being able to help her due to his busy schedule faded off as she pictured a luscious bed. A long journey of flight really put a tiring spell over her. She wanted only food, then a nice place to sleep.

"Miso soup..." she frowned. She had heard that name before, perhaps even ate it once when she traveled with her mother. Thinking about it only made her stomach rumble as she caught a faint idea of its taste, its aroma. She realized that she had went a very long way without food and not much for drink, not to mention a skirt with danger. She might have been dead if she flew without the bold dragon.

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

(Revival post! Sorry it took so long...)

A small, ironical smile appeared on Zechariah's face. "Yes, luxury does tend to spoil one's appreciation for the finer things in life. Lead on, then. I don't believe I've ever seen you at home before."
The dragon's eyes twinkled with amusement as he heard the growling of Ta'er's stomach. *Of course, students are always hungry.* "Miso soup... yes, that will be good. And I would like to hear more about those glyphs you're so excited about."

Kitsunegami
Marquis
Marquis

Post by Kitsunegami »

Steiner returned shortly after bartering with some of the local hunters, returning with some various fruits, boar meat, and gazelle meat, which he promptly cut up into steaks.

"Zech, if you wish to take a look at the glyphs I recovered, I have rubbings of them on the table in my study. How would you like your steaks?" he asked after the sizzling of meat on a hot surface hissed through the first floor.

Rook was probably one of the most traveled Feilans of the age, save for a select few who were virtually older than the current age. He had been virtually everywhere, and seen things that most can only dream of.

Rook transferred the steaks onto a slightly cooler surface, to slow-cook them after having seared them. He busied himself by getting plates, and a few sun-baked clay cups along with some various drinks from another cabinet.

"I welcome you both to my home, albeit a touch messy. You are welcome to stay here while we discuss what I have discovered." he said as he flipped the meat to cook on the other side.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

"Rare, please." Zech did enjoy cooked food, being a fairly civilized dragon, but almost always minimized the effect of cooking meat. There was just something about the blood that added incomparably to the flavor.
But these were materialistic concerns. Taking Steiner on his offer to look over the glyphs while the food was cooking, he perused the rubbings. Not possessing the interpretation key, he could not read them easily. *If I was back at the University, with all the resources of the Library, I could probably figure it out, though.* That would only be necessary if the avian archaeologist hadn't already figured it out himself, however.
Taking a seat at the table, he opened the conversation. "Have you been able to make any clear interpretation of these?"

Rainwhisker
King
King

Post by Rainwhisker »

Ta'er quietly sat down beside Zech, looking between the two. She was quite overwhelmed to tell the truth - she was but a traveling minstrel a few days ago, and here she was back in her homeland after a narrow scuffle with death. She'd let these two have their business; for now, she wanted some food, some rest, and possibly a song in the night. Hopefully, tomorrow Steiner would be more willing to turn an ear.

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!