The Hunters and the Hunted [Zackorath, Somnia, CLOSED]

This is where all of the medieval Territory role-plays are archived.
Somnia
Outlaw
Outlaw
Species: Rat.

The Hunters and the Hunted [Zackorath, Somnia, CLOSED]

Post by Somnia »

((OOC: I hope this is good enough for you guys, but if you have any suggestions then let me know. I worked pretty hard on this, so I hope my effort was worth it.))

Dawn was approaching the expansive Territory savannah, and was only just beginning to herald its advance. It had been a few hours since the stars had begun to fade from the sky, and the heavens slowly turned from an inky black to a dim mixture of dark blue with a tantalizing glow of yellow resting on the horizon. As these tendrils of light advanced, they cast their radiance upon the landscape. Golden grasses stretched for as far as the eye could see, interrupted only by the rare green shrub or spindly tree. Mountains rested far off in the distance, vigilant colossuses of the grassland. As morning approached, feral animals began to rouse from their slumbers, readying themselves for the day that lay ahead of them. However, these natives to this land were not the only ones in preparation for the hours to come.

An extensive caravan stood alone amongst the brush, and bustled with activity. A team of feral Kahunian camels stood at the front of every individual wagon, many laden down with satchels of food or silks. The vehicles these animals were towing were shrouded in colorful tarps and silks, leaving the contents of their interiors hidden. A jumble of languages could be detected coming from the inhabitants of the train, and most individuals could speak one after another rapidly. To the untrained eye, this procession could easily be mistaken for a common merchant's caravan, but the nature of this gathering was far more sinister.

An emerald reptile dashed along the length of this caravan shirtless, weaving in-between the wagons and somersaulting over the occasional obstacle. If he were to stop moving, the deep scars in his iridescent hide would be clearly visible, even in low lighting. Once the man had reached the middle of the parade, he used his dexterous tail to swing atop a nearby cart. Admiring the wonderful panorama, the skink inhaled deeply, causing his ribcage to be visible against his scales. As he smiled, the gentle light reflected off of several golden fangs lining his jaw, causing them to glimmer alluringly. The lizard extended his arms out in front of him, as if waiting for the embrace of the dawn, and hollered in his suave Kahunian voice.

"We are leaving in twenty minutes my friends! Don't drag your tails, or someone might cut them off! Chop chop!"

Taking a moment to chuckle at nothing in particular, this lizard in his linen trousers crossed his arms across his thin chest. Running his tongue across his top layer of fangs, he grinned in the direction of the rising sun. Its rays were becoming more prominent below the skyline, and he hoped for the group to depart before the ball of fire was upon them. The days here were not as unforgiving as the brutal Kahunian deserts, but were still not to be taken lightly. There was much to do today; rookies to teach, negotiations to be made, and of course, slaves to capture. One of the wagons in the back had struck it lucky the previous day and had rounded up a family of felines that would fetch a wonderful price in the market once declawed. The reptile hoped that their early bounty was not to be their last. This caravan had gained a few parties before arriving here in the Territory, ones that the slaver hoped would prove useful. Only time would tell if they would turn out to be dead weight. Turning around to face the front of the train, the lizard leaped from the canvas roof of one wagon to the next, bouncing off of the fabric like a trampoline. He always made sure to take a moment to give a smirk and a wink to attractive members of either gender on his way to his cart before bouncing and somersaulting on his way. Now, he had reached his own assembly, a lavish wagon draped with beautiful fine silks towed by a team of four camels. Hopping up onto his wagon cover, he scanned the skyline with his amber eyes. Gazing down the long line of coaches, he observed his fellow slavers preparing for departure. A couple of the new ones caught his eye, and although neither were Kahunian, they seemed to be fitting in nicely. Kadir would have liked to speak to them, but now was not the time. There was much to be done before departure. He had made it clear upon their joining that they were to come to him if they required anything, and he hoped they weren't too proud to approach him. Sighing, the lizard leaped down from his perch and began helping one of his associates load crates into the interior of his wagon.
Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow. - Mark Twain.
Characters!

Sponsor

zakorath
Duke
Duke
Species: Raccoon

Post by zakorath »

The sun rising over the savannah began warming the cool night air. A lone raven wandered the morning. His name was Poe. He had no surname because he had not completed his rite of passage; now, he never would. He had left his tribal grounds to see the world, although he hadn’t gotten very far. His legs were aching from walking all day and night, so he stopped in the middle of the long grass. Rising up to his full height he could see nothing but more grass beyond. He lowered his head, brushing his beak along the tops of the grass blades. Extending his wings, he looked like a black shadow in the pale grasses. Flapping them, he lifted slightly above the grass which folded down beneath the draft. Eventually in the air, he surveyed his surroundings and took a quick gliding flight across to where the grass grew shorter.

~3 days earlier~
The tribal grounds were dark, and the last embers of the fire were giving off orange light which barely illuminated the stone circle. The tribe was sleeping under the stars, all but one. The conspiracy of ravens slept while one did not. He walked quietly and slowly around the grounds, taking one last look at the people, and things he knew and loved. He bowed to his sleeping father; the chief of the tribe, before leaving for good. Once he left the tribe’s land, he could never return. But to him, the world was worth that risk.

~Now~
Poe landed shortly after taking off. The grass here was shorter, and he could see over it without having to stretch to his full height. There were sounds coming from nearby, although there were trees, rocks, and other such things obscuring his view. The sun rising over the horizon obscured his view entirely in one direction. He ran, head down by the floor, until he reached a tree. Standing behind it, in the pitch umbra of it's shadow, he listened for the voices again.

Duchess
Baron
Baron

Post by Duchess »

At first there was nothing.

The longest plains of sheer silence settled in the thick of it, ringing out with the impact of a thousand church bells and twisting in the dead reverence of non existence.
It was almost like a small pocket in the universe, a hollow bubble just under the skin of reality, where endless, seamless, empty chasms of airy nothingness churned like it had substance.
This was odd because nothing couldn’t be something, it couldn’t contain any substance whatsoever, full stop. It was like an unspoken rule, black couldn’t be white, night couldn’t be day and nothing just couldn’t be something. Even if it practiced really hard.

The void swelled and retracted, lacking all scent, all taste and lacking a view, just relentless blackness filling the horizon like a cup, drowning it to the brim and tipping it over, leaking onto the rough, canvas bedding ...

“Ma’am?â€

LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Post by LittleWing »

As the sun reach it's xenith in the sky, the small boat bumped its way up against the shoreline. The worn, salty wood groaned in protest, having been far too battered for it's liking. THe ancient sea throbbed and ebbed peacefully, the billows shining, a mirror image of the sky.
A rusty old man, a pig, grumbled and huffed as he put down the anchor. His stubbled face was rough and tanned like leather, hardened against the salty ocean wind and the blazing sunlight. He appeared to only have one eye. The other, when not squinted up, seemed to be made out of some kind of glass.
"Off wit' ye, off wit' ye!" He said to what appeared to be a pile of blankets. THe pile was oddly motionless and also oddly lumpy.
"You hear me, laddy?" Shouted the pig again, swatting onces at the mound with a broom.
THere was a soft yelp, which was then followed by retching.
A dark paw reached from under the pile and grasped the edge of a dented bucket, pulling it under.
The retching continued for a moment, and then their was coughing and then there was sniffling, and lastly there was a groan. Within a few moments more paws came from under the blankets, which were then pushed to the floor, and a large jackal slipped from under them. Had he not been hunched over from sea-sickness and sheilding his eyes from the sun, he would have reached a bit over 7 feet tall. But, this was not the current circumstance, so he was slouched down to and oh-so-meager six-and-a-half.
The stocky pig seemed miniscule next to the large, sick creature, but this did not stop him from marching straight up to the dog and squealing orders at him, demanding his pay.
Sibuna dug through a small pouch he had on his side and pulled out a gold chain. The pig's one good eye examined it. That would suffice. He snatched it out of the jackal's hand and placed it in his pocket. There was a small nod exchanged between the two, then the jackal quickly made his way off the boat.
Although he was more than happy to be on land, his legs were not yet accustomed to the hard, still ground. He staggered a moment before regaining his balance. It had been a long, long journy. After giving a few minutes to let the sickness settled, he looked around him. THe land was very unfamiliar to him. Like the desert, but...not... The tall grass seemed so pleasant and welcoming, but harsh at the same time. He took a few steps forward, knowing there was no turning back, and that he sure as hell would not be getting back on that boat. He had no idea where he was. THe fact that it was clearly noon, as the dun was directly above him, did not help either. There was no way to tell which direction was East or West. So, he set off straight forward into the depths of the savanna.

Hours later, it turned out that he was heading North. Luckily enough, he was used to the desert heat. His dark fur, ,although making it warmer, protected his skin from the sun. His feet were clad only in what appeared to be ancient bandages His middle was the same way. Although his lower half was adorned with a half-tunic. Women would call it a skirt, men would call it a kilt. For Ra's sake, it was a half tunic. Other than that, he was bare.
Made it easier t take the heat of the land.
He walked almost silently through the tall grass. His padded feet greatly aided him in his act. The only real sound he made was the soft metalic clink of the chain he kept at his side. He had picked it up when he had traveled in Edwin from a blacksmith's shop. It may not be the best weapon, but it worked well enough for him. Hopefully he wouldnt have any need to use it.
He continued his journey forward with no real intention. Just a traveler looking for somewhere to go or someone to tavel with. That was about it. And until he found that, there was no need to stop.
^ click for characters

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

A gray furred arctic wolf, named Robert Mattsson, had a hard life, He was born a arctic wolf in the arctic Islands but hasn't seen his homeland in many years. The reason was because he was commissioned to kill all of the 'Demon' foxes in arctic islands. During that commission and while he was still on the arctic island he had been the one to plan and execute the eradication of the kitsune clan that lived there. It worked well, he managed to mercilessly kill all of the kitsune there except two. A male named Darke Kitsun and a female named Jennifer, both left the arctic islands. He couldn't seen to find any trace of the female but he did chase Darke to the Yamaha Dynasty after years of searching. Unfortunately for Robert, Darke seem to have gained friends that helped in thwart his plans to kill the kitsune. Robert also had a run in with at a city in the kingdom Domus when he and his gang kidnapped a girl from the city. He escaped capture, but he was the only one to escape the others in his gang were either killed or captured. He went back to Yamaha Dynasty secretly to try to search for those blasted kitsune. No sooner then he so to Yamaha then he was captured, by slavers no less. Now here he sits in a cage chained up to some worthless furs going to be sold off like cattle to the highest bidder. He slams his fists against the bars of his cage in frustration of how useless he feels. Then he spots something in the desert, because he hunts magical creatures, things that work with magic show up like a flare in his eyes, that is how he found the male kitsune the first time. He blinks, rubs his eyes and blinks again, because he wanted to make sure it wasn't a mirage. I think I found away to escape this predicament...now how to make sure I get credit for the capture of a mage city. He looks around and tries to find the weakest slave in his cage, which in truth was difficult to gauge because they all looked strong, of course they are strong, the weak tend to die too easily. He smiled at that thought, when one of the other slaves, a otter, saw him looking around intently, "What are you doing? You old wolf." That got his attention. the slave that insulted him was huge, almost a head taller then him and just as big around. Robert was sure that it was all muscle too. He tried to play down his searching for a victim, "Nothing that concerns you." the wolf said venomously.

"I have been watching you ever since you were captured and made a slave...you have the look of a slaver not a slave." the otter said plainly.

"And don't call me old, you simpleton." Robert countered.

The burly otter got angry at that and charge at Robert, his hands outstretched ready to throttle the wolf. In turn, the wolf instinctual went for the bastard sword that was usually there, only he grabbed at air where his sword was, Oh...Crap, I forgot that they took my blade when I was captured... Then the wolf dodged the otter and got behind him wrapping Robert's chain around the otter's neck and pulled back. The otter having hit the bars bodily and a little dazed, found Roberts chain around his neck but wasn't fazed in the least. All the other slaves in the cage huddled together trying not to get stepped on. The slaver over the cage that Robert was in saw what was going on and just waited to see what the out come would be from this spat. The otter grabbed the chain around his neck and pulling it way, with some difficultly. he turned around and hit the offending wolf with his big fist into the wolf's stomach. Robert's breath was on the floor gasping for breath. his chain still behind the otter. The otter then picked up the wolf by his neck and tried to choked the wolf. The wolf knew that he had a few seconds before he would back out and possible be killed by this muscly freak of an otter. So instead of trying to go for the hands of the otter, he ignored the pressure around his neck and slashed otter in the face and belly with his claws. This surprised the otter more then anything, most creatures tried to grab at his hands when he choked the life out of them, but this wolf actually scratched his face marred his perfect face. The otter let go to the wolf, the otter's hands going to his face ignoring the slashes on his belly. The wolf gasped for breath as the slaver stunning the enraged otter before he could do anything to the wolf. "You did well, wolf. Not a lot of furs could have withstood be choked to death. You would be a good fighter in the arenas." The slaver laughed, the slaver was too close to the bars when the wolf got his breath. With adrenaline pulsing through him from his battle with the otter, broke his chains and grabbed the slaver through the bars and said "I. Don't. Care. About. That. Get your boss so that I can tell him about a city over there, protected by a magical invisibility spell." The slaver was so scared that when the wolf let him go he did what the wolf told him to do. Robert told about how he can see magic and how there was a city under an invisibility spell. The capture went better then expected, no slavers were hurt at all in the raid and the slavers had filled a lot of the cages to capacity with men, women and children. After this raid Robert was hired as part of the slavers.

((I hope this is what you wanted.))
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

Zenos
Spy
Spy
Species: Feline

Post by Zenos »

((Sorry for the late post, I wasn't feeling as cheerful as I normally am yesterday))

The open plains of the savanna were quiet, they liked quiet, not much usually happened in quiet and the plains liked it. That was until the noise came.

"You idiot. This isn't Shiya. It's too bloody warm!"
"Oh no... Not again..."
"Oh yes again Xerath. You and your magic..."
"Bug-"
"Language! It's a bad habit and I'm let letting you have that habit."
"Fine..."

Xerath looked around him. Nothing but short grass, a small watering hole, and a palm tree.

"Could have been worse."
"Yea, you could have dropped into the middle of the caravan thats not far away."
"Why?"
"It's a slaver caravan."
"Shi-"
"Oi! Mind the language! Now lie down in the grass and cast that diversion spell. They won't notice you."

Xerath ran towards the grass and lept into it and began casting: edar troth ve de mlaen.

Now all that was left to do was wait. The Savanna wasn't happy.
I gunned down Feila!

http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=4585
^
Click for character info

Steam ID: lt_zenos
You Tube: ZenonXI
Fur Affinity: ZenonXI

Ubi Concordia, Ibi Victoria
In unity, there is victory

Somnia
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Somnia »

As the voice of Jack Starr thundered across the grassland, both Kadir and the slaver he had been assisting simultaneously released their grasp upon the bulky cargo crate they had been attempting to hoist into their wagon. Gravity, not one to skimp out on its duties, caused the container to come crashing down squarely on the toes of the lizard and rabbit, and exclamations of, "OUCH", "AARGH", and a flurry of unspeakable expletives followed close behind. After several long seconds of blurting out foul insults directed at some nameless person's mother, Kadir clenched his jaw before sinking his claws into the wood of either side of the crate, heaving it off and away from their feet in one swift motion. Now that his metatarsals were no longer being flattened, the lizard instinctively raised one foot, reached down with his hand, and massaged it tenderly while hopping to maintain his balance on one leg. Once the reptile had alternated kneading his feet and concluded that none of his bones were damaged, he planted both legs on the trodden grass beneath him and scowled at the lagomorph standing nearby. The hare endeavored to shake the soreness out of his phalanges, and was bouncing around in a circle whilst doing so. Kadir approached the man, and smacked him across the back of the head as he shouted, "You idiot! Be more careful next time!". The leveret took offense to his accusation, and the two began the typical masculine method to problem solving; namely, shouting, assuring their opponent that their hindquarters could be easily punted, and declaring inappropriate things about sisters. However, as quickly as it had began, it was over. The two spouted a few final words of abuse before heading their separate ways.

Kadir sauntered down the rows of wagons with a mischievous sneer, accompanied by a moderate limp. Now that she was awake, the skink felt that it was time he paid the terror of the caravan a visit. He knew better by now than to attempt rousing her from slumber-- he possessed enough scars already. Let it be someone who was receiving pay to put their hide in jeopardy do the job. Approaching Starr's wagon, he rounded its exterior until he was facing the side in front of which his target stood. The lizard leaned one shoulder against the side of the cart, and intersected his arms across his chest, the same roguish smile upon his lips. As Kadir laid his eyes upon 'Her Majesty' (as some would call her in very, very hushed tones), his tail swung idly to and fro.

"My dear, if you plan on becoming any more beautiful than you already are, I fear for my focus on this operation."
Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow. - Mark Twain.
Characters!

zakorath
Duke
Duke

Post by zakorath »

Poe listened to the voices, but they were too far off and the light wind didn't carry them far enough. The indistinct words escaped him, and eventually he decided it was best to keep moving. Lifting off once again, his ragged black wings increasing his relative size threefold, he began to climb into the sky. Reaching his desired height, he could see two things that caught his eye; the coast, and a trader caravan of sorts. The caravan was covered in fine materials, hiding whatever cargo it held, and was surrounded by furs, scales, and feathers of all kinds. He deduced that this was the source of the distant voices. The coast help particular interest to him because a small boat appeared to be leaving it, and a dark shape appeared to have walked through the tall grass from it.

He stopped flapping, lowered his head and opened his wings fully, causing him to catch the light wind just enough to glide over the tall grasses. He swooped over the dark fur within them, but was unable to discern from above what it was, although he believed it to be a canine of some sort.In glidign overhead he could tell the fur was not in fact as dark as it had seemed from the sky, but was in fact somewhat blue in tint. Landing a short distance behind this fur, he stretched his fur coated legs ahead of him, paws touching down softly on the dry ground beneath the grass. Once again he had to stand at his full height to see over the grass. Eyes deftly locating the stranger, he began to walk towards him, and tried to remember some of the languages he'd heard from visitors to his tribal grounds. He called out, waving one wing in the air over the grass to draw more attention from the canine. "Bonjour! Good day! Guten Tag!" This was as far as his language extended in terms of greetings. The only language he spoke fluently was that unique to the conspiracy of ravens to which he belonged, and that wouldn't get him very far with any other living thing.

Duchess
Baron
Baron

Post by Duchess »

Jack cocked an eyebrow in utter disbelief as the sinewy lizard hobbled almost gracefully her way. This seemed to be an entirely Kadir habit, turning every little action or reaction into swift, liquid beauty in motion, it was like the devil had graced him with dancers feet. There was some poor fool out there bumbling about with two left feet and all of that scaly, bag-o'-bones' fair share of clumsiness.

Still what what the devil doth gift, good fortune takes away. In this case for every ounce of balance he had he seemed to lose in good conversation.

"That forked tongue could charm the skin from a snake, but take me for my word when I tell you that if it doesn't find it's way back into that ugly maw of yours I'm taking my knife and re-homing it!" she replied starkly, buckling up her jacket and letting the morning air settle in her lungs. It tasted fresh and sweet, new enough to perk her mood a little.

After shooting the 'ringleader' the most charming wink in her artillery she wandered out into the clearing a short way, nodding and greeting her fellow slavers from time to time, scratching the sleep from fur and packing the odd thing back onto the camels.

She kicked at the ashes from last nights fire, grinding them into the dirt casually, the cogs in the back of her head turning away, eyes clouded in thought.

There was half a pause before she turned on her heel, "Kadir!" she called over, "Tell me we're all up hours before the birds because we've found something!?"

LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Post by LittleWing »

The fact that clouds were so quickly rolling in didn't seem to make much sense, as the sun was shining extraordinarily brightly today. In face, Sibuna didn't see clouds at all. But why, he wondered to himself, was that huge shadow just cast above him? He glanced around swiftly, hunching a bit lower to the ground. There were no clouds so it must hav been something else.
It turns out that something else was actually the large crow that had just landed behind him.
Upon hearing his calls, Sibuna whirled around, almost crouching, holding his groud. A soft growl escaped his lips. The waving wing caught his eye and he stood up a little bit to try and get a better view. This wasn;t terribly difficult as he was near 7 feet tall. What on earth was this creatur bawking about?
The jackal cautiously made his way through the grass, parting it like curtains, side to side until he was standing in front of the bird. He simple stared.
"Hello?" he said, not sure which of the few languaged the other spoke.

(OOC, this will probably be my last post for a little while, as I am going on vacation. Not sure if I will have access to the computer or not.)
^ click for characters

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

Robert was glad to be let out and he wanted to keep it that way. So when he saw a flash of magical energy in the direction of the savanna he grinned evilly. I can see you, your magical diversion spell won't help you. I can see your magical aura. He got the attention of one of the other slavers so that he can be help in capturing this would be slave. The magic continued to shine in his eyes has he and two other slavers, who were effected by the spell, and surrounded the fur in the grass. Robert signed 'I will flush him out of the spell that he weaved and you two capture him. the other two nodded and waited for Robert to fail, as Robert rushed into the grass.
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

Zenos
Spy
Spy
Species: Feline

Post by Zenos »

"You idiot. Now you are going to be a slave!"
"No I'm not."
"Well they are standing right around you, how are you going to get out?"
"Like this."

Xerath spun around in a circle leg outstretched catching the legs of those around him tripping them up. As the slavers fell to the ground he jumped up and ran as fast as possible for him away.

"I must admit that was quick thinking."
"Wow. Thanks."
"Idiotic, pointless, and embarrassing thinking, but quick none the less."
"..."

Xerath headed away from the caravan, he didn't care where he was going as long as it got him away from the slavers.

(Am I god-modding you DK? if so sorry.)
I gunned down Feila!

http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=4585
^
Click for character info

Steam ID: lt_zenos
You Tube: ZenonXI
Fur Affinity: ZenonXI

Ubi Concordia, Ibi Victoria
In unity, there is victory

Somnia
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Somnia »

(( Sorry these take so long. I do things a bit meticulously. ))

Kadir laughed with a regality that didn't seem to belong to him, as if he had burglarized a sultan's voice and kept it for his own. The skink's old praxis of licking his gilded teeth resurfaced as he swept his tongue across them, his lips contorted into a reptilian grin. The bat of Jack's eyelash that she had offered the lizard looked innocent, but as alluring as it was, he knew how to sniff out trouble. Many women like her had come and gone in his history, and by now he had the experience to tell that she was a Venus flytrap. By the time you realized that you were resting in the maw of death, it was far too late.

Kadir swiveled his neck around, causing his cervical vertebrae to produce a faint clicking sound, alleviating some of the tension from his nape. He rotated his bare shoulders about in their sockets before backing several paces apart from the wagon he had been leaning on. The skink tensed his muscles, narrowed his eyes, and galloped towards the transport until he had built up enough acceleration to leap and land atop the cart. His slender physique made maneuvers such as these effortless, as did his auxiliary limb. As he was about to return to his position at the head of the caravan, the female slaver queen's voice was descried once again by the reptile. Kadir ambled over to the edge of the coach he was perched upon, and observed Jack Starr from his surmounted position. Employing his most sophisticated tone, he spoke with a subtle libidinous expression on his face.

"Ah, my she-wolf... we must be up before the birds so we can catch them. A good hunter wakes before his prey, my darling."

He brandished a smirk before turning and leaving her with nothing more than a final glimpse of the end of his emerald tail, before exploding into a sprint, as he hollered to the caravan as a whole, "start the camels northwest, we are leaving!" Just like that, as the wooden wagon-wheels began to turn, did the hour of the slavers begin.
Characters!

zakorath
Duke
Duke

Post by zakorath »

Poe stared up at the canine, which was now clearly a jackal. From the air, sight was a little misleading; the fur before him suddenly seemed three times taller than he had from above. The raven simply stood in silent awe for a while before rearing up to his full height of around six foot. Still dwarfed by the jackal, he maintained his new stance to feel a little taller beside this giant. Eventually getting over his vertical inadequacy, he spoke slowly, trying to remember any Edwinish he could. Poe's Edwinish was picked up entirely from tourists to his homeland. The tribe would sell their fine jewelery, and weapons to the travellers, and they would exchange words. This left Poe with a very limited, and somewhat specific knowledge of different languages, he could describe a necklace or a dagger in almost any language, but did not know even the most simple words in some of those languages. "Hello. I am Poe." Here, he paused to bow, sweeping one wing outwards, and the other crossing his chest. Standing, and refolding his wings against his back, he continued. "I saw you... from the water wagon... walking here alone. I am alone. I am traveling. You travel, also?" He tilted his head side on to scrutinize the being before him, searching for any malevolent purpose in his actions.

Duchess
Baron
Baron

Re: The Hunters and the Hunted [Zackorath, Somnia, CLOSED]

Post by Duchess »

Jack watched the reptile saunter off with a raised eyebrow. He'd sniffed out activity somewhere, somehow, someway, she just knew it. The semi-deluded king of charm was in too sweet a mood to not have.

Still if he wanted to play his cards close to his scaly excuse for a chest she wasn't about to argue.

She slipped out an old cigar she'd been keeping safe, at least since she'd saved it from it's previous owner/slave who'd been closely guarding it before she stumbled across him and sparked up, striking the match against her belt.

Taking a pull she looking up into the burning heavens, letting the sun bake her muzzle, eyes lulling shut.

She loved a good secret. If he didn't feel like spilling, more game for her.

She shot a long cool grin across the horizon. Prospects were looking delicious!

"Start the camels Northwest," she heard him yell, cool accent curling through every hidden inch of the camp, "we are leaving!"

"Sir yes sir!" Jack hollered back, losing herself partially to the mood of the team. There wasn't a soul that morning who wasn't already itching to go, the spirit was starting to get infectious! This was definitely the last damn time she travelled with filthy commoners, Gods bless their rotten souls!