The Hunters and the Hunted [Zackorath, Somnia, CLOSED]

This is where all of the medieval Territory role-plays are archived.
LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Re: The Hunters and the Hunted [Zackorath, Somnia, CLOSED]

Post by LittleWing »

(OOC I'll reply at some point today. I have some business to attend first.)
^ click for characters

Sponsor

LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Post by LittleWing »

Taking a small step back, Sibuna studied the bird carefully. It didnt seem as though the creature had intended to any harm to him, so he relaxed his stance.
A small smile crossed his lips as the raven spoke his broken sentences.
"Hello, Poe," he started, Edwinian also not his first language. "I am Sibuna." At this he bowed his head once.
The next phrase struck him.
Water wagon?
He repeated aloud; "Water wagon?"
This he didn't understand.
"I am alone. Yes, I travel. The whole world."
At this he pointed to himself "Kahun."
^ click for characters

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

(sorry, I forgot the order...)

Robert growled at the retreating fur, he himself wasn't hurt that badly just his pride as a hunter, "You better watch out boy. I can see magic. If you come close to here, I will find you and next time I won't be so nice." Robert goes back to where he was stationed.
Last edited by darkkitsune on Sat May 22, 2010 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

Zenos
Spy
Spy
Species: Feline

Post by Zenos »

"Daaaaaaamnnnn!"
"There! Jump over there!"

Xerath jumped into some bushes. He settled down and waited again, dissipating his diversion spell. Now he just had to not panic.
I gunned down Feila!

http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=4585
^
Click for character info

Steam ID: lt_zenos
You Tube: ZenonXI
Fur Affinity: ZenonXI

Ubi Concordia, Ibi Victoria
In unity, there is victory

Somnia
Outlaw
Outlaw
Species: Rat.

Post by Somnia »

Planted atop a vibrant silk textile draped over the anterior of his wagon, Kadir reclined against a portmanteau bound with leather. He sat with his hands behind his head, a listless expression upon his face as he wobbled to and fro with every stone that the spoked wheels treaded over. His true impetus for rousing the band of slavers sooner than expected was merely to evade the brunt of the mammalian discontent. A handful of them did little lamenting, such as the jackrabbit in his party and the tittering addax they had admitted into the cartel not long ago. Regrettably, the plurality of the warm-bloods were not as adapted as these minority individuals. He damned the slaver ethic that allowed any associate of the conglomerate to appoint neophytes. He found it rather unjust that bellyachers, whose chartering was none of his doing, sought him out for no justification other than to gripe. As the sun would soar through the welkin and shine its radiance upon the savannah, the panting and moaning would begin. In the best case scenario, they would lumber along at a languid pace, slobbering and gasping for air. In the worst case scenario, they would deplete an entire wagon's reservoir of water, and would demand that Kadir park the caravan in the shade. The good news was that even if these malcontented gripers made it all the way to the head of the cavalcade, the skink seldom had to speak a word to deter them. As soon as they voiced their appeal, they were besieged by a manifold of intensely irate reptilian eyes. They learned very quickly that coming between an ectotherm and its sunbathing time is an unwise idea. Though Kadir had never been able to deduce why, it seemed that the larger part of mammals were generally unsettled by anything cold-blooded. Naturally, he would never make a fuss about it, as it periodically gave him an advantage over skittish prey.

The lizard rolled over onto his stomach to allow his shoulders to absorb some of the increasingly intense savannah heat. Placing his head on its side, he gazed across the Territory's plains as he drifted into a reverie, the focus of which was mainly perverse sexual techniques. He remained in this trance for quite a while, until he was disrupted by his wagon wheel's collision with a large rock. Propelled into the air by the natural speed bump, he winced in pain as he came crashing down uncomfortably on top of his prehensile tail. Hissing in annoyance and massaging his caudal, he grazed his tongue across his lips and grimaced as he scoured the panoramic view of the grasslands before him. The skink was halfheartedly surveying the vista when he observed two dark pinpricks materialize over a small hill in the distance. He scrunched up his eyes drowsily as he tried to determine if what he was seeing was tangible, or a somnolent mirage. As the fog of stupor began to lift from him, he swiftly came to terms with the pressing nature of the situation. Imperativeness realized, he hobbled on his knees to the edge of the wagon, leaning over the frame as he strained to see the figures clearly. They were unquestionably sentient, as even from this distance they looked to be conversing with each other and gesticulating in an intelligent manner. Kadir's tail began to whip from side to side with anticipation as he scampered over to the rear edge of his wagon, hissing to get the attention of the coral snake sunning atop the wagon behind his. The snake yawned and uncoiled herself, stretching her long, scaly body before she turned to face the lizard with an inquiring look. Utilizing the slaver language of silent communication, Kadir gave her the signal that indicated potential quarries, and gestured to the location of the two silhouettes. Without delay, the woman became much more attentive, and slithered to the verge of her wagon, scrutinizing the pair of shapes on the horizon. The skinks claim confirmed, she slid to the rear of her own cart passing the signal down to the next wagon. This was the way that the caravan coordinated its actions, and the message travelled down the convoy of carriages.
Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow. - Mark Twain.
Characters!

zakorath
Duke
Duke
Species: Raccoon

Post by zakorath »

Poe, upon discovering the fur’s name, and, assuming he remembered the word correctly, homeland tried to explain what he meant by ‘water wagon’. With no common fluent language between them, it was difficult. Poe speaking in a strange broken Edwinish, permeated with a few distinctly avian sounds of annoyance whenever he came across a lack of words, attempted his explanation slowly. “The water wagon – It swims.” He squawked slightly, and narrowed one eye in deep thought. He continued, “You came. You swam the water wagon.” His explanation seemed not to click in Sinuba’s mind. Poe whistled, and lowered his head slightly. He thought for a long time before choosing the word that would make it obvious, “You came across the wide water. On the water wagon.”

Looking up at the jackal, he smiled in as much as that his beak opened slightly, and the extension of his mouth that bisected his flesh curled upwards slightly. The explanation was the best his Edwinish would allow. After all, it was unimportant. What was more important was that Sinuba was a fellow traveller, and had said he travelled the world. If befriended, Poe could travel the world with company. At least, that was the plan.

Poe suddenly remembered the gesture and the word his new companion had used to dictate placement. He quickly unfolded one wing, and rising to his full height spanned the feathery tip across his own chest. “Piriqui.” He said simply. He knew no other name for his homeland, and simply assumed everyone knew it by that name.

With nothing more to say, Poe waited for his newfound companion to speak. He hoped to be invited to travel, not that a lack in such invitations would stop him. He had already made up his mind to follow Sinuba resolutely on his travels.

Duchess
Baron
Baron

Post by Duchess »

(OOC: Take my turn guys! I's away :( )

LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Post by LittleWing »

(Aw, okay)
Sibuna couldn't help but cock his head to the side and raise an eyebrow. Truely he was confused and didn't understand. He tried though.
Despite the bit of frustration, he had the chuckle a little, knowing the crow was feeling the same way.
Water wagon...water wagon....what could he have meant...?
Oh!
He laughed again and nodded.
"Yes, yes....boat?"
He assumed that is what he meant. This word he did know in Edwinish. He had traveled on many.
The raven's wingspan was quite broad. To avoid being swiped, Sibuna stepped back a pace.
Of course, when Poe said where he was from, Sibuna was clueless.
"Oh." He said, pausing for a second. "Okay."

The jackal simply stared at the raven for a moment, not sure what to say after this. The situation was kind of awkward for him.
Since he didn't know what else to do, he simply waved once and said "goodbye", then turned and started to walk in the direction in which he was originally headed. It wasn't that he didn't want the raven to join him, he just didnt really know what to do oe say.
^ click for characters

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

Robert was thinking on how he got to be where he is now. It must of all started with that blasted fox. I'm going to kill that kitsune the next time I see him. Him and that little Fennec vixen that was with him, but there's something different about that little fox. It's as if she was looking through ya... it was creepy, and very chilling. Oh, and that raccoon family...I wish I killed Darke when I had the chance. Robert frowned and continued with his routine.
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

Zenos
Spy
Spy
Species: Feline

Post by Zenos »

Xerath looked up out of the bushes.
"I think he's gone, but I'm not taking any chances."
He lay down again in the bushes. It was going to be a long day.
I gunned down Feila!

http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=4585
^
Click for character info

Steam ID: lt_zenos
You Tube: ZenonXI
Fur Affinity: ZenonXI

Ubi Concordia, Ibi Victoria
In unity, there is victory