Under The Cork Tree

This is where all of the medieval Territory role-plays are archived.
LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Under The Cork Tree

Post by LittleWing »

The grass of the savanna was tall and flowing, like a golden sea. Instead of fish, jumping from billow to billow, were small black birds. They were graceful and seemingly comfortable in their natural habitat.
Philip wished that he could feel the same way.

The Territory of the Ravens was not the usual home of a creature such as Phil. Certainly it seemed as though he would belong in a grassy field, a farm, or even the outskirts of a jungle.
Although this area was not his favorite, it would do for now.

The minotaur sat on an old looking tree stump. He was alone, today, his daughter at the nearby school. During the year, the middle-aged bull was rather lonely, as it was just him working in his little house, keeping it clean and tidy. Today he was putting together a large sheath-like quiver for his mace that he carried into battle. THe iron weapon weighed nearly 150 pounds, but the bull lifted it easily. His thick muscles rippled and bulged with movement as he set the weapon aside, leaning the handle against the stump. So far it fitted nicely into it's holster. Now all he had to do what make sure that the holster would hold it's weight. This woould take several tries, he knew, and tried not to get frustrated.
Eventually he got the contraption to work. Pleased with his accomplishment, Philip slung the holster over his back then slide the enormous spiked mace into it. Much easier than carrying it by hand.

He began walking back to his small house, getting ready to prepare dinner for when Nyx, his daughter, came home. God, he hated cooking. It wasn't his strongest point. As a matter of fact, he absoluitely detested anything culinary related, except, of course, eating.
At least it was a pleasant enough day that he could leave the windows open when he inevitably burned the meal.
^ click for characters

Sponsor

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Re: Under The Cork Tree

Post by darkkitsune »

A white fox with multiple tails was walking the forest, then he saw the Minotaur walking through the forest, the fox hid behind a nearby tree. I hope... that monster doesn't see me... I hope, I hope... The fox was hiding behind a very thin tree that only covered his body and head. his tails, on the other hand, waved like a signal that he was there.
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Post by LittleWing »

Minotaurs, contrary to popular beliefe, are now always violent, misogynistic, hateful beings. In fact, some are just the opposite. Philip happened to be one of those.
Even though cooking dinner was more or less one of the last things he wanted to do right now, he knew that his little adopted daughter would be hungry when she got home from school. This was more than enough to drive him to stoke the fire, warm the kettle, and prepare a somewhat-almost-decent meal for them to share.
As he strode heavily uphill, he contimplated what exactly he would be cooking. These thoughs overwhelmed him so that he almost didn't notice the strange smell of a carnivor.
Immediately he paused and reached for his heavy, spiked mace and began looking around, ears perked toward even the most delicate sound.
Once, twice, his nostrils flared as he observed his surroundings.
He paused one when his blackened eyes fell upon the peculiar multi-tailed tree.
This was an unusual thing to see in Feila, and he imagined, anywhere.
Those dark eyes of his narrowed as he tilted his head.
^ click for characters

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

The white fox peeked around the tree and found that the monster was looking at him, *eep* as the fox tries to get out from behind the tree and jump into a tree's high branches to escape, "I'm sorry if I was rude... my name is Skylar, PLEASE don't hurt me..." I need to get away...some how...hmm...What... I haven't done anything wrong... except I did try to hide... and I'm hiding now... Shoot.

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Post by LittleWing »

Philip took half a step back, slightly out of nervousness. Yes, he was an 8 foot tall animal, yes, he had a weapon the size and weight of the average fur, and yes, he was trained in fighting, but none of these factors played in to instinct. A carnivor would almost always spook someone of his kind.
In the arena, it was no problem, as both parties know that they were there to kill and only kill. In the real world, however, there was a completely different feel to confrontation.

One hand on the handle of the mace, Phil tilted his head up at the ascending fox. It appeared as though the creature was more afraid of him than anything...

The minotaur struggled to find words in the proper language...
"Uh... descenda, Skylar...."
He paused.
No.
That wasn't right.
The years of being forced from one place to anthough helped him learn many languages.
"Um.... Climb down, Skylar...I don't plan to hurt you, as long as you promise the same to me..."
^ click for characters

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

Slylar smiled, "OH, I promise that I won't hurt you, good sir." The white kitsune climbed down the tree and walked into the road. The white kitsune had two blades on his back and a dirk attached to his side, "My name is Skylar, sir. I was wandering these parts for a while for a job but I seem to have no luck.." The fox offered his paw. Oh, I hope that I can get something to eat soon... I'm staring... just then his stomach growled loudly the white fox's head turned red with embarrassment.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Post by LittleWing »

The minotaur towered over the fox, looking down at him. He lowered his hand from his weapon and shook the paw of the fox.
"Philip," he said in return, quickly growing accustomed to the language.
Twice he nodded his enormous head. Jobs were not easy to come by these days. There was only so much to do, and most folks just did everything themselves at this point.
As the kitsune's stomache growled, the bull tilted his head to the side.
"Im and just getting ready to make dinner. I could use a hand?"
^ click for characters

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

"Oh, if you would allow me to. I'm a good cook. lead the way, sir." The white kitsune smiled with a big grin, "I'm a kitsune that can summon items and I have spices that can make anything good." He palming his dirk with his right paw, "hmm, How much would need to be made..."

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Post by LittleWing »

What a reliefe!
There was nothing Philip hated more than cooking. His food always turned out horrible, so it would be great to have someone that could help.
"Perfect," he said, rather pleased. Most of the ingredients and what not he would have. Though some interesting spices could always be useful.
He explained that they would need enough for three people, then motioned for the kitsune to follow him the rest of the way up the steep hill. It certainly was quite a walk, but the view was pleasant and it was a good workout.
After a few moments they had made their was up the hill to the small stone house.
Phil had built the structure himself with his own hands. It took quite a while to get it perfect, but it was well worth it.
The house was small, yes, but large in it's own way, as it had to accomodate such an enormous being. There were only three rooms; a kitchen, Phil's room, and his daughter's room. Outside was an over-hanging roof where farming and crafting equipment was stored. There was also a small wooden shed off to the side.
The minotaur opened the door to him home and entered, holding the door for his guest. The kitchen was the immediate room.
"My home is your home," he said, gesturing with his hand.
^ click for characters

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

Skylar bows, "yes, sir." and he walks in and inspects what he has to work with, "hmm... not much here. what do you usually make, sir?" The white kitsune looks at the minotaur. hmm... I can make some type of stew with what is here... but not enough for two minotaur and me... I'll need to get some supplies... Skylar thought to himself while waiting for the answer to his question.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Post by LittleWing »

The poor minotaur. He didnt even know where to begin. Cooking was probably he least honed skill.
Heavily, he shook his head.
"Whatever I can," he said, gesturing around, "Half the time things are horribly uncooked...or over cooked...they don't even have names for whatever I end up making... It really is something aweful..."
From out of the cabinets he began pulling some essentials;; flour, salt, spice, cheeses.
"I dont know what to do with any of it...so...usually it just gets mixed together..."
After staring, frustrated, at all of the different things, he remembered to mention:
"Oh, my daughter, Nyx, will eat meat. She is carnivorous. A skin avian, actually... a crow, more or less...I think..."
^ click for characters

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

The white fox was confused for a second, then he smiled, "Ok...I'll get a meat stew together how about you go out and get some meat and I will start making the base for stew, ok?" Then the fox started to make the stew, then he said, "umm, where can I get water?" hmm... a skin avian daughter... There must be a story about that... heh. Then he waits for the minotaur to answer.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Post by LittleWing »

Phil blinked.
Meat stew...
It took a moment, but then he nodded.
"As long as it isn't beef..." he said, half smiling.
Normally a creature of his race wouldn't eat meat, but Philip was a bit dfferent in that sense. Years of traveling, battling, being a slave, fighting in arenas and being under someone else's rule caused him to not be terribly picky what he ate. Unfortunately he was forced to eat some unmentionably dreadful things.
The meat was stored in a small smoke-house like shed. It wasn't used very often, but today there were a few chickens. They would have to do.
"There's a pump outside to the right," he said, before exiting the house.
A few minutes later he retured, three chickens dangling from his hands by their feet.
^ click for characters

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

Skylar nods and got water from the pump to fill a pot that he summoned, "hmm... could you make sure a fire is going, please?" Then the fox took out some knifes from a hidden pocket and quickly skinned and cut up the chickens. then he presided to cut up some vegetables and put them into the pot, Skylar asked the minotaur while making the stew, "So, how does a Minotaur have a Skinned Avian...umm... if you don't mind me asking?"

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Post by LittleWing »

The fire was quickly roaring. The minotaur was good at a few things, luckily enough making fires was one of them.
There were several pots and pans, along with a kettle availible for cooking. They were rarely used though.

Philip began setting the table, knowing that Nyx would be home within the hour.

"Oh," he said, arranging the bowls, "adopted."
The likelyhood of a minotaur aiding in the production of a skin avian was pretty slim.

"I used to be a soldier. Well, I still am, but I'm off duty for the time being," he began slicing up pieces of bread.
The topic of conversation did not bother him, but he didn't speak of it often, so it came out a little bit strained.
"There was a raid in one of the villiages here, about 70 miles away. I was recruited to fight the battle there. The entire place was burned to ashes and there were very few survivors. Those who did survive became slaves. I found Nyx when she was still a fledgling, couldnt fly, walk or speak yet. There was no way I could leave her behind, especially knowing that her parents were most likely dead at this point. So, I put her in my bag and brought her back with me."
A strange story, yes, but they had been inseperable ever since.

"What about you," Phil asked, placing the bread on the table, "what is your story?"
^ click for characters