Under The Cork Tree

This is where all of the medieval Territory role-plays are archived.
darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Re: Under The Cork Tree

Post by darkkitsune »

The fox smiled as he transferred the pot to the roaring fire, "Well, my story is very brief... I don't know... oh, I remember a few things... I think... mostly they come in dreams... hmm... what I remember is... having to run away from some hunters that were trying to kill us... the reason why they were trying to kill me? I don't know... it alludes me." The fox frowns for a second, "I also seem to know magic... instinctively... Oh, I'm a soldier too... umm, actually a Mercenary...Always had a blade in my hands." The fox shrugs then continues to stir the stew with a ladle that he took out of his hidden pocket.
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

Sponsor

LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Post by LittleWing »

The bull tried to hide his confusion. Perhaps this fox had a bad bout of amnesia.
"I see." He said, poking and proding at the table, trying to get everything in order.
A few minutes later, the door creaked open.
From beyond the door came a small winged girl, about 8. Her flesh was dark, as were the few ridges and crests of feathers she had, and, of course her wings. A crow, or something of the sort.
"Ah, welcome home, Nyx," said Philip, walking over and embracing his daughter.
"This is Skylar, he will be joining us these evening."

The girl waved politely, then took her school things to her room.
^ click for characters

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

Skylar bows to nyx, then when she was in her room, "she is very pretty." Skylar blushes at what he said, "I'm sorry that I said that...I don't usually do that...well, not that I remember." and the fox tilts his head in thought. He goes back the stew, "Ok, stews done." and he moved the pot out of the fire.

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Post by LittleWing »

Nxy went to ready herself for dinner.

Philip was finishing up with the table. Until, that is, he heard the comment from the kitsune. Slowly he turned to him, his face stern.
"Thank you," he said slowly, his eyes not moving, "she is also very "eight"."
He then turned back away, dropping the subject.
Even through he girl was not his daughter by birth, they still shared a bond very simliar to that. He was also very, very protective of her.

"Stews done" snapped him out of his daze.
"Wonderful," he said, puilling out the chairs of the table, preparing to sit.
Nyx returned from her room and sat, looking wide-eyed around the kitchen. It had been quite some time since something actually smelled GOOD in their house.
^ click for characters

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

Skylar blushes, "umm... I didn't mean anything by it... anyway, I don't want to intrude so I'll just eat standing... if that's alright." as he serves up the stew. Shoot I botched trying to be nice...

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Post by LittleWing »

Having fought many battles, the minotaur quickly learned to choose them wisely. This was a battle he did not find the need to fight right now, so the kitsune's comment was promptly swept under the rug and left by the wayside. He was sure that Skylar hadn't meant anything by it, but his naturally protective nature, which was actually unusual for one of his kind, had caused him to jump at the senario.
In fact, minotaurs had a reputation of the exact opposite; that of a ravenous monstrosity. They were known as killers and rapists, especially of women. Tortuning and slaughtering them mercilessly. Female minotaurs were non-existant, at least, as far as Philip knew.
Philip did know for a fact, though, that he did no follow in the footsteps of his misogynistic forfathers, and he found himself to be a protector of the opposite gender, especially of the little one that he stumbled upon so many years ago.

The bull-like creature reached over to the corner of the kitchen. There was a chair up against the wall, just in case they for some reason did have a guest some day.
With surprising ease, he lifted it with one hand and placed it effortlessly down on one side of the square table.
"You are not intruding! You are a guest! And you made us a meal, on top of that! Sit. I insist."
Before the fox had time to protest, Philip's hand was on his shoulder, firmly guiding him to the newly set place at the table.

While this was going on, the young girl stared, perplexed, at the white fox, having never seen such a creature before.
The multiple tails mesmorized her as they moved to and fro. Her little clawed feet swung back and forth as she sat, waiting for the others to take their places. SHe didn't intend to be rude by staring, she was just interested, as children usually are in new things.
^ click for characters

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

Skylar blinked, "umm... thank you? umm... You like my tails?" he asked nyx, "you can touch one if your gentle." Well, I guess I did make an impression after all... Skyler's tails were wiggling even more because of his excitement on being helpful.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Post by LittleWing »

"You're welcome", said Philip, gently, yet firmly pushing the fox down into his seat.
He began laddling the soup into the bowls, and placed a piece of bread on Nyx's plate, then one his own, the pashed the dish over to Skylar.
Soon after, he began eating the new meal, very pleased that it didn't taste like mud or rocks.
"This is wonderful, Skylar. where did you learn to cook?"

Nyx was far to entranced by the wiggling tails to bother with her food for now.
Slowly, she reached out one of her dark, taloned hands.
It took a bit of struggling, due to the constant movement of the tails, but finally she grasped one, trying not to be too rough with it. The edges of her beak curled upward in a smile.
"Cool..." she said, her claws running through the white fur.
^ click for characters

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

Skylar smiled as he ladled up some soup for himself, "Well, that's the thing, I don't remember... I know that I've learned it some where but I can't seem to know... but my body seems to know how to do the skill like I have done it all my life." I hope that my curse isn't found out...

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Post by LittleWing »

"Muscle memory is a very interesting thing..." said Phil, eating another spoonful of his soup.
"Kind of like being on auto pilot" he trailed off, before almost indestinguishably mumbling "I know what that's like..."
As is he hadn't said a think, he took a bit out of the bread on his plate.
Nyx carefully ate her soup, having a bit more difficulty, as spoons were not the easist utensils to use for someone with a beak.
It seemed as though she were a very quiet girl, but it was obvious that she was not shy. Shy, no, more observant than anything. Prefering to watch than to speak.
^ click for characters

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

Skylar tilts his head as he finished his stew he stands up and bows to both of them, "I'm sorry to be rude... but right at this moment I need to go outside for a bit... please don't get up, just enjoy the meal." as he walked out the door.

When he was ten feet from the white kitsune's full body shook and he fall, his mark on his back shown bright as he transformed into a two tailed feral kitsune. Panting he laid down exhausted. Hmm... I hope they didn't see that... I don't want them to see this form... The blades that were on his back disappeared.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Post by LittleWing »

"Alright." Said Philip, excusing the fox from the table, assuming that he probably just needed to stretch his legs, or perhaps smoke.
He didn't pay much mind, and helped himself to another slice of bread.
"How was school?" he asked Nyx, who was staring out the window.
"Fine," she replied, craning her neck.
"What did you learn today?" Philip was used to this conversation by now. They had it almost every day.
"Nothing." Was her reply, as usual. She was oddly interested in what the kitsune was doing outside. Her magical intuition was much higher than her adopted father's.
"Of course," he said, smiling a little bit, taking another bite of bread.
^ click for characters

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

Skylar the feral kitsune shook his head, Oh man, changing really takes it out of ya... oh, shoot I'm still too close to the house... hmmm. The kitsune tries to hide in one of the trees that are in the area, but his snowy white fur and Celtic sun mark on his back don't make good camo. I know that I'm going to be caught and be have to leave again... The kitsune starts to cry at that thought, Nyx was having fun with my two tails, I just know it... but I don't know what will happen... when they find out...

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

LittleWing
Marquis
Marquis

Post by LittleWing »

The little bird girl flapper her wings and chirped. She was clearly bored with sitting at the table for so long. Eventually she got up and looked out the window. A look of disappointment was written over her face when she didn't see the kitsune anymore. Perhaps he had to go home.

Philip was finishing he meal, eating a bit more bread. A large creature requires large portions, you know. His eyes strayed from the table to see where his daughter went.
It appeared as though she left the kitchen. His mind was put at easy when he heard her shuffling around in her room.

A few minutes later, she emerged, carrying a hanful of painted stone. He knew that she would be going outside to play a game.
And he was right.

She left the house and strode into the front yard, only a few feet away from the door, and began setting them up. She paused, though, when she saw the two white tales around one of the trees.

"Skylar!" She called out, standing up straight, "Come play!"
^ click for characters

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

Skylar flinched Oi, just boardcast that I here for the whole world to know how much a freak i am... I might as well get this over with... the kitsune jumped down for the tree branch that he was in, still in his feral form, "hmm, you called child?" the two white tails wrapped around his body and was slightly nervous at what Nyx would do. Skylar laid himself out in front of her "what do you want to play?"

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters