Shattered Peaks (OPEN)

This is where all of the medieval Territory role-plays are archived.
Dusk-Runner
Thief
Thief
Species: Blisc

Shattered Peaks (OPEN)

Post by Dusk-Runner »

The shattered peaks was an area at the base of the black mountains, where mounds of volcanic rock sit with their jagged edges and sharp peaks of rock spear into the sky. If one wasn't careful he may miss his footing and fall from the pathways, his dying moments spent impaled on the jagged needles of rock that lay at the base of the crags. Skeletons served as a warning, their bones long picked clean by ravenous birds and their possessions long stolen by travellers who combed the area, looking for salvage. But there was one thing that many people braved these peaks for, one thing that forced travels to their potential demise. Bloodrock. Through all the death and demise it was a legend of the native's that the peaks formed a nexus, built by unknown shaman or magi, which would steal the blood from all who died on those rocks and channel the very essence of life itself into the stone high above the crags, hidden from anyone but the shamans themselves. From blood came life and from life came bloodrock, the stone from which a pebble cut would heal any illness, double life, or even grow back lost limbs. Of course, many claim to have seen it or collected from the bloodrock, but very few stones claimed to be of bloodrock had actually healed anyone, and if they had, were dismissed as simple charmed pebbles or hidden healing magic.

Dusk walked along the road, his feet covered, something that rarely was so, to protect against the sharp fallen rock that littered the pathway. He had heard of the legend, but didn't exactly seek the fabled bloodrock, although it would be a pleasant find, his place was simply to travel the road to reach a small caravan that set up past he shattered peaks around this time of the month. Perhaps he would scavenge any fresh dead that had not already been picked clean at the base of the peaks, but the peaks did tempt him to poke his head into small caverns and outcroppings, find some kind of wild herb that grew in the harsh environment, or even come across the bloodrock, but that was unlikely to happen with simple, mindless curiosity.

"Bloodrock, suiting name. Magi would never dare use it even if found, too scared of necromantic or blood magic. Whatever gets the work done without breaking a back is something I'd invest in..." He muttered.

Sponsor

Dimitriexeno
Outlaw
Outlaw
Species: Jawa
Location: giving the finger to the Feilan behind me/out my window.

Re: Shattered Peaks (OPEN)

Post by Dimitriexeno »

Arcutieys walked up the path groaning, his black and gold robe flowing back behind him. "Go to the lands of fire, he said. Where fire came from. If that old man didn't have as much stuff to steal, i sware..." he grumbled. he was too busy losing his temper to notice he was about to bump into another walker. He bumped into them, sending him falling on his backside. "HEY! Watch it, will ya!" The white and black Fox yelled, his fingers starting to spark as he got up. He looked up to the other, who was taller them him by a head or two. He sighed again at his shortness "You could at least bend your knees..."
Spoiler:

Dusk-Runner
Thief
Thief

Post by Dusk-Runner »

"I'm short for my kind, I see no reason to bend over." Dusk said, observing the odd little fox that he had run into along the way. "Besides, it's rare to see someone walk this path, it's usually preferable to take the path around the peaks and not risk death at the slip of a foot."

Scorch marks covered the white fur of the fox, something which led him to believe this short little hothead like to play with fire, either that or he actually knew fire magic. Judging by the sparking at his fingertips he assumed that was the case.

"Are you another one of those mages seeking fame for finding bloodstone? Or just a passer through here?" Dusk asked. "It's not illogical to presume such when so few people choose this path over the other."

Dimitriexeno
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Dimitriexeno »

Arcutieys wiped off his robes "No. I am training-wait, bloodstone? I've heard of that. Are you hunting for it?" He asked, folding his arms and stoping his fingers from burning. His foot tapped the ground and he had a glaring anger and confidence immortalized in his eyes. He wondered if he would even go with him to find it if the guy WAS. Well, of course he would, he was too greedy to not. But how long would it take to backstab him?
Spoiler:

Dusk-Runner
Thief
Thief

Post by Dusk-Runner »

"I'm actually on my way to a trade caravan stationed at the end of this trail" Dusk said, motioning down the path. "Although I have time for it if anything interesting crops up." He looked out over the area, the towering peaks and steep drops to the needle like rocks below. It was a myth, but something warranted even a bit of truth about it.

"Whether bloodstone exists or not is not important, but there is something here." He said cautiously. "This place is a nexus, I've walked the path to the caravan so many times that I've begun to realize the patterns in the land, the deliberateness in which these peaks were positioned." The entire range of the shattered peaks seemed random, but underlying patterns re-emerged if one looked hard enough. Paths which would intersect at certain arrangements of rocky crags, spires of stone which stood for no apparent reason, Looping of trails that seemed to lead nowhere.

"Long life, healing and power to anyone who finds it. It doesn't surprise me that whoever may have arranged this place hid it well, no doubt they masked the presence of the flow, the arrangement is large enough that unless mapped and studied it seems like nothing important." He said, looking back at the slightly shorter fox. "Even so, I'd say a small break in travel to potentially unearth something may be worth it, or keep me entertained for a few days at the least."

Dimitriexeno
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Dimitriexeno »

((hey, um, what race are you? i cant find the char sheet.))
Arcutieys looked at the odd man "Carvan, eh? Well, i need a map anyways. I'll go with you." He said, walking along side Dusk without a care of the danger of the path "I am the great Arcutieys Exeno. who are you?" he asked in a flat tone. He slipped many times, cursing every time. He hated these kinds of things. 'The ground is so stupid...' he thought as he scratched his nose and looked around 'These pillars are so stupid...'

"So, healing and long life, eh? Thats nice..." he started planing how to kill this man if they found it.
Spoiler:

Dusk-Runner
Thief
Thief

Post by Dusk-Runner »

(Dusk is a Blisc, it's a species of my own creation made for my fursona. Here's a reference sheet http://www.furaffinity.net/view/5013865)

"They call me Dusk, and I've never heard of the great Arcutieys, then again what man deserves to call himself great anyway?" Dusk said, although the slightly snarky tone of the lad reminded him of his own. Despite the fox walking without a care he seemed to trip many times, not wanting to swallow his pride and take the path slowly.

"The stone is said to suck all the blood spilled in this place, and infuses it into some area of rock. So many have died here that the legend is constantly granting the stone more and more power. Depending on how old it is it might be enough to grant a few hundred years of extra life, but I doubt it can bring back anyone yet." He said, choosing his next words cautiously. "There was a story about an expedition by one of the raven tribes to find it, one went mad and killed his entire tribe after worrying they'd take the piece stone from him. He disappeared and it's assumed he's either alive, or someone managed to kill him and take the stone, either way that sample has never been found."

They walked for a mile or so before finally coming to the end of the trail, where an old reptile, and his even older pet hound, waited Dusk had talked with him every so often when they did business. He came here because the trade between tribes was so ripe, and he's flourished ever since, even picked up that hound one day when it fell from a cliff. It had been his pet ever since, and seemed to have lived past it's years out of sheer determination to not leave his side. He'd asked the trader how dangerous this place was for someone his age, but the trader has only smiled and told him that while he was old he was not unfit, and as such often held a fair amount of weapons and armor taken from highway man who tried to attack him. Dusk spoke to the trader, his voice now a hoarse hiss from his age, bartering for food, supplies for armor maintenance and random trinkets picked up around the territory, all piled into his cart, drawn by two sleek black horses.

Dimitriexeno
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Dimitriexeno »

Arcutieys nodded as Dusk talked about the myths of the bloodstone. He didn't listen to much of it but enough to get the picture. "Oh ho, a crazy raven killing everything? What a shocker." He said rolling his eyes. "...Wait, couple hundred years?" he said after a moment, with a small smirk on his face. Now he was going to find it. He didn't have any intention of using it to it's full extent, but who wouldn't buy it for...he didn't know how much gold?

After walking with the blisc for what seemed like few miles to the short fox, and they came across a old man. Arcutieys sighed and sat down on a rock waiting for the two to finish. He played with a flame in his hands untill they stopped for a second, and he walked up to the old guy. "Hey, you have a map of the area?" he asked, still playing with the fire, not bothering to look up at him.
Spoiler:

Dusk-Runner
Thief
Thief

Post by Dusk-Runner »

The trader pulled a scrolls from a large box in his cart. "A newcomer walking the shatter peaks path?" He said, his old voice hissing and wheezing. "You've got stones boy, or you're just stupid. The map costs 3 brass pieces, or something of that value." The territory of the ravens had no standardized currency system, so people often either bartered for things or traded raw brass, bronze, silver and gold for what they wanted. "Where are you planning on heading anyway with that those little fire tricks of yours?"

Dimitriexeno
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Dimitriexeno »

Arcutieys fliped the fire in his right hand, extinguishing the flame and producing three brass coins. A little trick he learned to impress people while working his fire magic. He realized ho only had two gold coins and a silver left. He gave them to the old trader, taking the map. "I'd like to think stones. I'm heading back home from a long, useless trip someone sent me on. Possibly finding a great tresure." He looked from side to side, then to his new 'friend'. "So, Duck's your name? Right? Ah, whatever, what now?" He asked, rolling his eyes.
Spoiler:

Dusk-Runner
Thief
Thief

Post by Dusk-Runner »

"Dusk." he corrected. "And I assumed you were planning to go your separate ways, but it seems you've been thinking of a plan that involves me if you ask what comes next." He paid a few silver pieces for some dried meats and bread, placing them in the bag at his side.

"Has my story of the bloodstone intrigued you?" He asked. Looking down over the slightly shorter fox. "You figure we stand a chance of finding it?"

Dimitriexeno
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Dimitriexeno »

"Right, Derrick." Arcutieys said "Heh, we might even find that crazy raven guy. You think he's curious?" he asked, a unusually bright fire sparking to life in his hands. He wasn't sure any of this would work, but...he was bored. Honestly, he really didn't think they would find it, but they could at least scavenge something. And he could probably rob Dusk blind. "So, Donny, you up for it?"
Spoiler:

Dusk-Runner
Thief
Thief

Post by Dusk-Runner »

"In 3 minutes you've called me three different names which lead me to believe you're either stupid or crazy." Dusk said airily. "I have nothing more to do, so I suppose it's worth trying. I'll be needing more coin soon anyway."

Dusk started back up the trail, twisting back into the winding paths of the shattered peaks. "Do you have the faintest idea of where to look first?" He asked, surveying the rocky crags. "It could take some intense searching if it's claimed to have never been found before."

The wind whistled through the peaks, the jagged stone seeming to cry out for someone to fall and spill their blood.

Dimitriexeno
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Dimitriexeno »

"I've been calling you by you're name this whole time, Dexter!!" He started to get angry and sparks flew from his hands again. He then cooled himself down and walked with Dusk "I don't know, Duck." he said as he looked out.
Suddenly, he saw a cave off below the path, covered with stone pillars. "Maybe there?" He asked. Seemed like something had to be there to him.
Spoiler:

Dusk-Runner
Thief
Thief

Post by Dusk-Runner »

Dusk looked over to the cave, stone pillars rising up from around it. It seemed inconspicuous, but this place was a giant nexus of patterns and paths, nothing was truly accidental here. "let's go then...shrimp." He laughed, two could play the naming game.

"Do you have any knowledge of magical runes or circles?" Dusk asked, looking down at the slightly sparking fox. "If bloodstone is created by magic then this place would somehow be arranged according some sort of arcane formula...yet not magic seems to echo around here." he made his way to the cave, a black opening in the massive cliffs, pillars sharp like spears. One skull hung precariously off the tip of one, birdlike in nature. The cave was dark inside, but the echo that flowed through it made it sound deep. Dusk picked up a small piece of flint and threw it, the small stone sparking on the rocks as it clicked along the surface of the rock, the sound echoing hollowly.

"Give us a light, there could be wild animals down there, or perhaps something worse." He said. He hadn't often strayed from the paths that crisscrossed the peaks, but he wasn't sure that wild animals didn't inhabit even this harsh land.