An Odd Sort of Homecoming (Closed)

This is where all of the medieval Territory role-plays are archived.
Asyriel
God
God

Re: An Odd Sort of Homecoming (Closed)

Post by Asyriel »

"it may be better to find out who they are, why they are watching us, who sent them, and what they are planning before you 'deal' with them" Natsuki replied to Vanasethari "but by all means, go ahead" she finished as the group entered the market area.

shops lined the square, and stalls filled it, leaving isles between. the scents of cooking, and spices filled the air, mixed with the scents of oils and purfumes all atop the underlying scents found in any crowded habitation. flashes of colors could be seen at stalls and shops alike, and the sounds of owners seeking to entice customers, and deals being made created a dim roar from all around.

"I think we're probably going to need a pack animal. Ellyannah, Krion, stay close." Natsuki comented. as they made their way further into the market. she made a point to keep a close eye on the childrens as it would be easy to loose them in the crowded area if she didn't, something that had happened before and she didn't want a repeat senario.

Sponsor

Kael
God
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael »

Vanasethari said, "Lead me by the hand, I'm going into a trance." With that, he immersed himself into the flow of the mind.

His will soared to the rooftop, where he found the watcher. He invaded his mind and imprisoned his will. Then he rifled through the mind. They were here to capture the Gryphon. They wanted him as a hostage. They were-------- the mind went blank. The enemy was dead. He let the body fall. They knew...

His 3 swords sprang from their sheathes. He sent them toward the remaining two watchers. They stabbed into the first one, ripping him apart. They flew toward the second, but she disappeared. His swords came back. <Now they will know... Shit...> He came out of his trance.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

osprey77
Marquis
Marquis
Species: Black Cat/Raven

Post by osprey77 »

When Ellyannah heard they would be using a pack animal, she began scanning the market place, looking for a good one. Having spotted one, and using her powers to ascertain that he was, in fact, a hard worker, the girl was about to point out the mule to Natsuki, when their companion asked to be led by the hand. The children were startled, but complied, curiosity peaked. They felt questions ready to bubble out of them, when Vanasethari's swords started performing arial tricks-- with deadly results.

Ellyannah yelped, ducking behind Natsuki, holding tight to Mikki. Krion gazed around, trying to catch sight of their remaining attacker, small flames flickering at the ends of his claws.
"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C. S. Lewis

"With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere."
C. S. Lewis

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"
C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5253

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Natsuki wasn't too surprised when Vanasethari's swords went to work, she was used to seeing unusual things by this point in her life. She patiently waited for Vanasethari to come out of his trance while putting a hand on Ellyannah's shoulder to reassure the young akita. she noticed Krion, and looked around as well to see if she could find thier other pursuer. "what do you know?" she asked Vanasethari as he came out of his trance. she stayed close to the children, ready for the possibility of a fight should there be one.

meanwhile, many of the other furs around the group watched Vanasethari, some with open fear, and others with anger. swords flying about and seemingly randomly killing furs probably wasn't looked to kindly upon....

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

Vanasethari looked around. "I learned that they were after young Krion here. They were going to use him as a hostage." What for, he had no clue.

But somehow, he believed it was connected to the tribe. So he decided to keep a look out. The last one had teleported away. He couldnt sense the mind, so he believed that they had left for good.

But there were ways to hide the mind...
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

osprey77
Marquis
Marquis

Post by osprey77 »

Krion released his flame, but stayed on alert, constantly looking around. In doing so, he noticed that some in the crowd was looking at him with an odd expression, some scared, some guarded, some wit pity or even wonder. Well, I don't know quite what to make of that.

Ellyannah clung tight to Mikki's collar with one paw, and to Natsuki's hand with the other. The way the crowd was looking at the reminded the girl of one of their first adventures in Domus, and she didn't want to be thrown in another dungeon.
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"
C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

"hostage for what?" Natsuki asked Vanasethari "unless his family somehow knows he's here, I'm really the only one they could ransom him to" she commented. Natsuki held on to Ellyannah's paw as she scanned the crowd, a bit of a scowl on her face, not knowing what to expect from them, but prepared for the worst. Natsuki had become pretty protective of the children during their travels, and was on edge now. "we should get our supplies and get out of here, stay close please Krion" she said as she started leading the way through the market again, taking note that the crowds seemed to give them a little wider berth than they did anybody else. the first place she led them to was a leather worker's shop, they would need a pack saddle, and extra packs for their supplies. "Ellyannah, I want you to keep an eye out for a good pack animal for us" she said before they entered the shop.

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

"I didn't get a chance to learn. They were able to counter my mind by killing themselves. They must be a religious group, looking to find the Gryphons..." Vanasethari hated Fanatics. They refused to give way to any truths. He always rubbed the wrong way with any holy figure. But, with fanatics, it always was ending in a fight, usually with a wiping out of the group.

Vanasethari decided to slowly give out a memory leak, draining the memory of his attack from the crowd's mind. Hopefully no-one noticed it...

osprey77
Marquis
Marquis

Post by osprey77 »

The children followed Natsuki into the sop, Ellyannah whispering, "There's a mule two shops down for sale, he's a hard worker and used to the mountains."

Krion had no trouble sticking close, though he couldn't help longing for the day when he would be strong enough or skilled enough to protect himself. Upon hearing they might be a type of cult, the boy shuddered slightly. Oh, boy. Isn't one cult enough? The memory of that time in Domus came back full force and he stood still, trying to fight it off. Then, it occurred to him that that cult sought the destruction of Gryphons, among other creatures. Could it actually be the same cult? Krion decided to keep those thoughts to himself, as much as he could with Vanasethari around, anyway...
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Natsuki smiled at Elyannah as she replied "great, we'll go pick him up next" she said cheerfully, even though inwardly she shuddered at the thought of more religious fanatics after Krion. Natsuki's demeanor was definitely more urgent as she spoke with the owner of the shop about getting a pack saddle, and bags. she purchased the items, and led the group out of the shop as quickly as she could without drawing any more undue suspicion on the group. "I think we may be better of getting out of town today, and camping out tonight" she said as they headed toward where Elyannah had mentioned the mule. "I'll feel better knowing we can defend ourselves if it comes down to it without a crowd to watch or interfere."

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

Vanasethari was always in tune with emotions of those around him, a side-effect of telepathy. He noticed Krion's troubled emotions, but he decided that everyone had demons of their own. He didn't like prying, mentally or vocally.

Vanasethari agreed with Natsuki's plan. The faster they were out of here, the better they can defend themselves. And the easier it would be for him to pick out any tails. Anyone following them right now would be lost in the crowds. The crowd's minds were blurring any search methods he could employ.

osprey77
Marquis
Marquis

Post by osprey77 »

Krion was relieved at the mention of camping outside. He disliked crowded areas, as a rule, and preferred open and wild places. He wondered if this was true of his whole clan, or unique to him. I guess we may find out soon, the child thought, a wry grin twisting the edges of is beak.

Ellyannah, meanwhile, was standing next to the mule for sale, a medium-sized, brown-furred three-year old creature with an amiable disposition. while adults haggled and bargained, the girl stroked the mule's nose while probing his thoughts.

She had to giggle. His attention was focused on her, trying to figure out what manner of creature she was. "Small fox? Red Husky?" The mule was running through all the types of creatures he had met. She controlled her merriment, and mentally answered his question. Akita puppy. I'm small now, but I'll grow.

I'm Ellyannah. What is your name?
This mental communication she could only achieve with bestial animals, that is, non-sentient, as a result of her magic.

"Akita?"

A type of dog. What is your name?

"Loamwood."

That's a good name.

Ellyannah broke the mental connection for a second, to see how far along the sale was coming.
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

it wasn't too long before Natsuki and the animal's owner had come to an agreement, though Natsuki thought it wasn't the best agreement, it would have to do, she didn't want to spend much more time in this city. She pulled out payment for the mule, and handed it over. "all right, now we just need to get the packs on him, and get the rest of our supplies, care to give my a hand Elly?" she wore a knowing smile as she asked the Akita pup and put a blanket, then the pack saddle over the Mule's back. once they had the packs on the mule Natsuki led the group around the market, picking up food and other supplies for their journey into the mountains.

the sun was hanging low in the sky before the group made it to the streets heading out of the city. "Krion, feel like practicing with your magic some tonight?" Natsuki asked as they headed toward the edge of the city.

osprey77
Marquis
Marquis

Post by osprey77 »

Ellyannah had walked by the mule's head the whole way, running a mental dialogue of irrelevant tangents, just to keep him happy and just because she could. Mikki was now eyeing the newcomer with a hint of jealousy, but he meant no mischief and there were no other ill effects.

Krion had been on the alert, so was momentarily startled by Natsuki's question. Recovering quickly, the boy responded, "oh, yes please!" Fire magic came naturally to the boy, and, having learned his father was an elemental mage of a sort as well, made him feel more connected to whatever distant family he had.
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Natsuki smiled, seeing that Ellyannah seemed to be enjoying the company of the mule. she was thankful that everything that their group had been through hadn't dampened the young pup's spirit any. She was even more happy to see Krion's reactions to the good news of the day.

"Great" she said with a grin as Krion replied. Natsuki wasn't an elemental mage, but she had enough experience with magic that she had been able to help Krion to be able to call on his magic more quickly and easily and he was able to draw more, it seemed, with almost every practice session they went through. "Combat spells?" she asked. She knew that a boy his age shouldn't have to be concentrating on combat related anything, but Natsuki was a realist first and foremost, and with the way their journey had been to this point, she felt that combat was the most realistically important area of emphasis; his clan would hopefully be able to round out his education when Krion was back with them.

it wasn't too much longer before the group was completely out of the city an well into the countryside. the shadows were growing long as the sun began to disappear behind the not too distant mountains. "it's about time to find a spot to set up camp" Natsuki said as she began looking at their surroundings for a suitable place to set up their camp for the night.