An Odd Sort of Homecoming (Closed)

This is where all of the medieval Territory role-plays are archived.
Asyriel
God
God

Re: An Odd Sort of Homecoming (Closed)

Post by Asyriel »

Natsuki had been listening as Drarten spoke, and thinking about her position in everything that was going on, still unsure if she wanted to get embroiled in the fights between the blackbirds, and the gryphons. She was torn, she didn't want to be involved, but she didn't want to just leave Krion and Ellyannah smack dab in the middle of those fights either, especially after all the time they had spent together, and how hard she had tried to keep them safe on their long journey to get here. as she thought about these things she noticed the others looking at Van, and she looked as well. She saw the purple around his eyes, and then her fainted. "uh-oh" was all she said as she got up, and moved over to the manticore. she dug in her pack, and pulled out her rolled up bedroll, and used it to prop Van's head up as they waited to see if he would come to.

Sponsor

Kael
God
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael »

His mind went over the vision repeatedly in the few minutes he was out. It went like this.

The hazy shades of two armies, one outnumbering the other between two- and three-to-one. The sky above, rent with the turmoil of a storm about to break. Two small figures stand in between the two lines, and a woman’s voice says from far away:

“When it seems that all is lost,
The small voice of a child,
Will prevent the highest cost,
And stop the storm so wild.”

with a deep intake of breath, Van's eyes shot open and he sat up. He looked around, and immediately regretted it. He groaned and closed his eyes.

"How long was I out?" He said, and breathed deeply. "And can I get something for my headache? I can't even see, much less think."
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

osprey77
Marquis
Marquis
Species: Black Cat/Raven

Post by osprey77 »

(GAH! I’ve been away too long. sorry.)

As Drarten and the others rushed towards Van, Krion just stood, trying to process just how much had changed since the sun rose that morning. The little boy couldn't quite process what was going on, and that was before the manticore fainted.

Ellyannah was equally surprised, but a bit happier. A perpetual optimist, and a little naïve, she focused on the fact that Krion had, at last, found his family. Of course, when she noticed Van's condition, she changed from elated friend to concerned child, standing close to Natsuki.

Drarten, for his part, was concerned as well, kneeling by the stranger. As the manticore began to recover, Drarten sighed in relief. "Are you all right, friend? What happened?"
"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C. S. Lewis

"With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere."
C. S. Lewis

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"
C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5253

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Natsuki gave the children a comforting smile, and put a hand on Elyannah's shoulder. "Van...you alright?" she asked as she waited for the manticore's response

((sorry it's a short reply, but I couldn't think of much else till after Van says something))

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

"Vision. Big one. Came at me like a stampeding herd of feral elephants riding in wagons." Van started laughing at his ridiculous analogy, only to stop and wince in pain. "About the headache, it is really hard to think straight, much less curvingly. It ruins my centering of mind and body."

Looking at the other three standing above him, he smiled. "I will be fine. Just a bit too much waaaay too fast."
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

osprey77
Marquis
Marquis

Post by osprey77 »

((ooc: sorry this took so long, unexpected grounding))

“What can we do to help? Do you need water? Rest?” Drarten was, of course, curious about the vision, but such things could not be rushed, all would be revealed in time. Such was the way of the gods, after all.

Turning to his nephew, keeping one eye on Van all the while, Drarten smiled wanly. “I will call them in.”

Fiyeron stayed a few paces behind his mother as the two were ushered in to Drarten’s house. The female uttered a smothered cry as she knelt before the young boy.

The child looked up at her wonderingly, hesitantly, and with disbelief. As Fiyeron studied the face—so similar to his father’s, his few doubts were gone. Myra felt the same, for she gathered Krion in a hug, her tears wetting the feathers on the back of the boy’s neck.

Fiyeron continued to stand, staring at the scene, a little detached only because he was overwhelmed.

Ellyannah bounce, she was so excited for her friend.

Drarten meanwhile, moved unobtrusively towards Van, whispering so as not to disturb the reunion. “What manner of vision was it, friend?”
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"
C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

as Krion's family entered the room, Natsuki's attention was drawn from Van to Krion and his family. she stood up and watched as Krion's mother gathered the young gryphon into an embrace. the moment was very bittersweet for Natsuki. she was overjoyed that she was able to help Krion finally find his family, but she also knew that she would have to leave soon, and Krion and Ellyannah would stay. She had come to care a lot for the children over the long months they had spent on the road together, and she knew she would miss them. Her vision blurred with tears of her own as she watched born of a mixture of happiness, and the sadness of loss. she sniffled quietly and rubbed her sleeve across her nose and eyes, and couldn't help but smile for the children and Krion's family's joy...

she heard Drarten talking to Van and swiveled an ear in that direction so she could hear what the manticore had to say, but kept the majority of her attention on the reunion before her...

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

Whispering quietly, Van relayed, "One of grim details. I think it should wait till the kids are asleep before discussing it further." He then plugged his ears to block all the noise and focused his efforts on rooting out his headache.

osprey77
Marquis
Marquis

Post by osprey77 »

((ooc: sorry for taking so long. prolonged bouts of business coupled with writer's block))

The rest of the day passed in a blur for Krion, and the last thing he remembered clearly was being taken, along with Ellyannah, to his family’s home—his home—to sleep.

Drarten, meanwhile, remained in the room of his house where he had eaten dinner with the party. It had been a poor meal, as in meager, but was obviously the best he could provide for his guests. He smiled wanly and looked at the two adult travelers. His voice was grave, and he seemed to be steeling himself for bad news. “Friend, you said it was dire? If you have recovered, please, tell us what you have seen. For there is a saying among our kind, ‘the gods only send you bad news in advance if there’s something you can do about it.
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Natsuki had been quiet most of the afternoon, her thoughts on what she would do now that the children were with Krion's family. her inner debate had her distracted enough that she hardly noticed when Drarten asked Van again about his vision.

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

Van had spent most of the time getting rid of that blasted headache.

When asked, Van relayed the vision as best he could verbally. He gave up halfway and asked, "May I show it, not describe it? I am not the best with words." 10 years of solitude on a mountain did wonders to his mind. But his verbal skills were lacking.

osprey77
Marquis
Marquis

Post by osprey77 »

Drarten was patient, and, when his guest mentioned 'showing the vision' the Gryphon's curiosity was piqued. "Certainly."
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

one of Natsuki's ears swiveled to listen to the conversation, and she frowned in thought as she added what Van relayed about his vision to her thoughts, but she didn't say much as she was still very much lost in her own inner conflicts...

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

Van smiled. He reached out with his mind, entering into Drarten and Natsuki's minds. Careful not to read anything, he transmitted the vision to them, mind-speaking, 'This is what I saw.'