Watchful Eye of Moswen (open)

This is where all of the medieval Kahun role-plays are archived.
Houndoom
Cub
Cub

Watchful Eye of Moswen (open)

Post by Houndoom »

There used to be a river ages ago called Moswen, but since had become reduced into a large, wide canyon deeper than any felian had ever known. This canyon, renowned for it's red pointed cliffs and deeply inserted wells, were a landmark of Kahun even royalty could not ignore. Moswen was seeing a large blue sky that day promising searing heat and the carcasses of any anthro foolish enough to cross it's wide caves. Scorpions scuttled on the ground and a few scarab beetles dropped from the edges of the canyon to their doom below. There was no shadow except for the large black shape of a Brahman bull that stood at the edge, glaring into the deep chasms that had once flowed precious waters. His hooves were sunken in the sand gathering around, and his white-black fur was bristling with dust from the earth. Two large, curving horns sat atop his head, and two small beady eyes gazed into the distance. The only movement that came from the bull was a twitch of his large ears.

A few moments passed, and he snorted. Fumes of black smoke escaped from his powerful nostrils and disrupted his vision for a few moments. The smell of brimstone began to hover in the air. Butrus stroked his dewlap that hanged loosely from his skin and gave a nod. ''Such a pity that anyone should fall down 'ere.'' He spoke in Kahunian, his voice loud and booming. ''If it were not for my watch, those lost down into the cliffs would be deceased.'' He smirked, tapping something with a hoof in his pocket. The sound that came from such an object made a distinct clanging sound, the noise of metal being struck. ''The wishes of the dead would have no use to me.'' He began to chuckle softly as there came a small gust of wind, sending dust over his black and white hide once more. His tail flicked, smacking the mites that came with it.

Beady onyx eyes once again travelled over the canyon, where small creatures stirred underneathe the rocks. Bugs and mites scuttled around, paying the bull no mind. The bull wore no shirt, exposing his strong, broad chest. He wore brown-grey pants fashioned of mere servant clothes. Two large chains were wrapped around his wrists, each one marked with a silver-red ruby, gleaming brilliant in the sun. There seemed an unnatural aura around the bull, as if he were not of this world. A large stone club was strapped to his back, and on the backpack slung over his arm, daggers gleamed on the outside. Butrus fiddled with one of the chains with a hoof absentmindedly, but the shackles would not loosen, for a force bounded the chains together with the large bull.

It seemed nothing would happen further, but then the bull's ear twitched, hearing the sound of someone or something approaching. His tail stopped moving, and his ears flattened as he waited for the person to show his or herself.
[img]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu271/AferFelinecliff/Derp.jpg[/img]

Sponsor

Balthazor
Outlaw
Outlaw
Species: Wolf

Re: Watchful Eye of Moswen (open)

Post by Balthazor »

Balthazor was in the mood, again. The pray he has been stalking for weeks now has finally made some fresh tracks. It led out of the comfortable darkness of the forest, into great big plains of Moswen. He shuddered, but, knowing how important the pray was to him, Balthazor continued the journey. The pray was a young stag, which he was stalking to get its hide for repairs to his coat. Any stag could do, but, after shooting this particular stag with two or three arrows, and seeing it blasting off to the west, he knew that the stag had a really thick skin, perfect for repairs.

The hunt had led Balthazor here, and he proceeded with caution, for many unknown dangers can lie in the plains. The tracks were still fresh, and Balthazor was happy to see that the tracks were more scattered than the rest, and that little drops of blood were seen in every second step of the beast, meaning it's injured. He rushed near the tracks, keeping a low profile, and then suddenly saw the stag, lumping across the plains, with a open wound in its left shoulder. Balthazor was happy. He ran.

The stag noticed Balthazor and tried to run away. They were going uphill until suddenly the stag disappeared. Balthazor stopped on the top of the hill, only to notice a canyon, going miles below. He was shocked. He looked to his left, to see how far the canyon went. It streched on until the horizon, possibly even beyond. He was turning his head to the right, when suddenly the wind struck his face, leaving the distinct smell of brimstone. As he turned his head, he noticed a bull anthro, standing maybe 6 or 7 hundred feet to his right. The bull looked fearsome with his chains and the hammer, but also really calm, with a spark in its eyes. It was looking at Balthazor with interest, checking out the long black coat he was wearing and the tattoos on Balthazors face. Balthazor approached cautiously, being prepared to run for his life. When he approached the bull, it smiled, and nodded its head, as if saying Introduce yourself. Balthazor coughed and began in common Hello! My name is Balthazor, who might you be? Balthazor then looked at the strange bull, hoping for an answer, or even a reaction.

Houndoom
Cub
Cub

Post by Houndoom »

The peaks of Moswen were tall and jagged, sloping upwards until they dropped into the canyon. Down in the depths of the canyon, the drop would be enough to shatter every bone in one's body, rupture organs, and inevitably cause instant death. That was why most creatures stayed far back from the canyon, for they knew it was doom that lay beyond. Even if one were able to stop the fall and hide in one of the ever going caves, it was said that even the most creative adventurer would fall prey to whatever lay beyond the caves. Some stories spoke of tentacled monsters washed into land from the old river. Some said felians lost within had mutated with the heat into cannabilistic ferals. Others spoke of creatures from the abyss made of skulls and hearts collected from their victims.

So when a stag flitted up one of these cliffs and fell from the edge into the canyon, Butrus was quick to save it. The bull reached with one strong arm to grasp the stag's collar and jerked the animal back. It's antlers grazed the bull's cheek, but Butrus did not seem to care. He lay the stag on to the cliff and was surprised to see arrows drawn into it's thick hide. He reluctantly stared to the stag and shook his head before noticing the feral stag was now quite dead.

Butrus's ears raised back up slowly as he turned with two loud steps to face the anthro that had met his gaze. It was a wolf. His expression carried no anger, nor any joy. The wolf was black furred, not very good for a creature in a desert, and wore with him black clothing that the sun would not be friendly with either. But what gave the bull interest were the tattoos across the wolf's face. Red and gleaming with the sun, the bull narrowed his eyes, trying to figure out why they were there. He had seen many mysteries in the world, this would not be the first. Butrus gave a small nod, allowing the wolf to introduce himself.

The wolf spoke in basic, the universal language of Felia. This further gave the bull interest, for the wolf did not seem to be a native to Kahun, unlike Butrus. Knowing a non-native in Moswen either meant tourism or death penalty, Butrus stroked at his dewlap before speaking, hunching over in amusement. The bull spoke back in basic, his accent however hindering his speech. ''I am merely a servant of the Gods. Butrus is my name.'' He answered with another nod. He gazed to the dead stag with a bit of sympathy. ''Is this your prey?'' He asked.

Balthazor
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Balthazor »

Balthazor was quite surprised to see the stag still on the cliff, although dead, the creature still posed a value to him. Yes, if you can call him that. Balthazor explained I was chasing it for its hide, I need repairs from my coat. That being said Balthazor showed the bull the holes he had made in the coat while traveling. I suppose you don't mind me skinning it now and making my rep.... Balthazor noticed that the strange bull was staring at his tattoos. A shade of doubt struck Balthazors mind, as he was not used to people paying so much attention to him. Still, he pulled out his dagger and was about to skin the poor stag, when he noticed what had caused the injury in the beasts shoulder. It was a sharp rock, with some markings, indicating a strange animal covered in runes. He put the rock in the sand, took out the arrows from the stag and started skinning it, piling its skin in one pile, and its edible meat in another, to prepare for a longer journey.

Houndoom
Cub
Cub

Post by Houndoom »

((Sorry for inactivity. I'm always busy during the week.))

Butrus nodded as Balthazor explained his kill. If the bull had paid more attention to the wolf's appearance, he would've noticed the holes torn into the slim coat that he wore. Eyeing the dark coat, Butrus wondered what had been done to make such damage to the material. Immediately he patted at the metallic object hidden in his pocket, which clanged in response to his hoof. The object in the pocket of the bull's was something he hoped would never be damaged. Every time his eyes gazed at destruction, he had to remind himself that the object was still safe. Unless he were to die himself.....

Shaking his head from the thought of death, Butrus smiled and spoke softly. ''Very well.'' He said to the wolf. He flicked at his chained wrists as the wolf approached the prey and began skinning it. Glancing to Balthazor, Butrus noted he separated the skin from the meat. The bull weakened at the sight of the gore. As a creature who didn't eat meat, the thought of the wolf eating this sickened him. Butrus looked away and fiddled with his chains again. ''Where are you headed?'' Butrus asked, gazing back into the depths of Moswen.

Balthazor
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Balthazor »

I have no particular destination in mind. I'm just traveling the world. A lone wolf, that's who I am. I have some friends here and there, but no permanent residence. Balthazor continued the preparation for his journey. He got a peace of cloth from his damaged coat. He then tied the meat inside the cloth and set it aside, as he prepared to repair the coat. He took it off and took the animals skin, when he remembered the runed rock that he found in the stags shoulder. What do you suppose this is? Balthazor asked and stretched out his paw with the stone on it, to show it to Butrus.

[[OOC: Not sure Runed types like that]]