At the Holy City...(James, Larathen, Others PM to join!)

This is where all of the medieval Kahun role-plays are archived.
Madmarco777
Spy
Spy
Species: Brown Bear

Re: At the Holy City...(James, Larathen, Others PM to join!)

Post by Madmarco777 »

Grisius puffed on his pipe and looked down around the street. He had taken to watching a cute female strut around the city, but lost interest and decided it was time to head for the temple. His eye caught a rat that was dodging nimbly around people and began speaking to a dhole and jackal. The dhole was strangely dressed, and was most deffinately foreign. The jackal must have been a guide. Scratching the side of his neck, Grisius stuffed his pipe in his pocket and decided to investigate a little.

Being sure not to be seen sliding down the wall, he walked over to the tavern the rat had just come from. Grisius leaned up against the aside of the tavern and removed his pipe once again. The rat had been asking for directions, and seemed to be in a hurry. Dumping his pipe, Grisius tapped on his mask a little. It seemed the dhole and jackal were going in his direction. With any luck they would lead him to the temple.
Last edited by Madmarco777 on Thu May 12, 2011 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some say a comet will fall from the sky, followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still, followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.
- Tool, AEnema
To this world, I shall always say no.

Sponsor

Eddy
Baron
Baron
Species: Otter

Post by Eddy »

Slinging his small cloth pack onto his shoulder, and clutching his staff Matthias headed out into the street, the hot, dry air hitting him like a wall. Glancing about the crowded street, he soon spotted the rodent in conversation with a pair of canines. Making his way over, he grabbed the rat's wrist with a strong, callused grip. "I hope you were not trying to escape your obligation," he said in Edwinish. "An oath is a holy thing. Especially when sealed with silver." Looking over the canines, he realised that there must be some rank behind them, but such thing were irrelevant to his mission. The black-sword badge on his tunic would mark him to those who knew of such things as a member of Midas' Gawainic Order, he was curious how well known they were especially since he had heard much talk of the Templars since he arrived on these shores.

From where he stood, he could just make out the spires of the Mazan church, there were few places in the city that it would be invisible, in fact, the only building to beat it's scale was the Grand Palace itself. To his trained eyes it looked as much like a fortress as a church. The Templars were making a statement. Whatever the Kahunians might say, they were here to stay.
Nemo me impune lacessit
"Dieu n'est pas pour les gros bataillons, mais pour ceux qui tirent le mieux" - Voltaire
Characters
- Uthred
- Bjor
- Captain S.B. Fleming
- Lukas
- Eddy

Tal_os
Count
Count

Post by Tal_os »

Feeling foolish, Thomas bowed again, a little deeper this time. “My apologizes, I did not realize he couldn’t understand me. Tell your master that it is a pleasure to meet him, and that my name is Thomas.” He held out his hand to shake, freezing when it was seized from behind. Only a twitch of his free hand towards his bag betrayed his surprise, and his smile remained fixed in place. He looked over his shoulder, sighing in relief when he recognized the one who had grabbed him. He was afraid it would have been a guard or one of the monks. “Hello again! I assure you, I wasn’t breaking any oath, especially since I don’t remember taking one. Anyway, I’m terrible at getting directions in order, and I was just getting some assistance from these two gentlemen.” He lowered his voice, casting a glance at the pair. “Watch your manners, by the way, the jackal there is an important person around here.” He reprimanded Matthias, seeming to forget who had grabbed whom. He quickly decided introductions were in order.

“This is…well, he didn’t give me his name, actually. I’m guiding him to where Midas stood. A very nice fellow, here on a pilgrimage.” He informed the dhole. He paused to tug against Matthias’ grip, testing the marten’s strength. “And these two are…hmmm, I don’t believe they told me their names either. Rather rude of them. Anyway, the dhole there is the jackal’s translator. Don’t try to talk to the jackal, I think he only speaks Kahunian.” His large smile shifted into a rare frown. “Now, please release me. I refuse to help you if you continue to treat me this way.” He held his head high defiantly, puffing up his chest. Neither action had a noticeable effect on his small frame. Whatever air of injured dignity he had gained was quickly lost when he a thought occurred to him, and he spun as quickly as the marten's grip allowed. "By the way, this might seem a bit rude, do either you or your master have any health issues?" He lowered his voice to a conspiratorial whisper. "Let me explain: I'm not actually a guide by trade you see, and I can't help but feel that my talent as a doctor is going to waste with all this leading people around."
Last edited by Tal_os on Sun May 15, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Aloine picked up some food as her first order of business as as she entered the market square. She walked as she ate, looking over the goods in the merchant stalls as she went, stopping here and there to inspect an item or two. As she finished eating, she made her way toward the stalls she had actually come to look at, alchemy, and apothecary supplies. These goods she inspected very closely with a trained eye, assorted herbs, crushed powders, and liquids. Eventually, she ended up purchasing several of the alchemical reagents and a couple of different herbs. She left the merchant's stall with everything bundled up. She turned the corner, and was met with a sight that struck her as slightly odd. She was pretty sure the dhole playing the submissive role was someone important in the city, though she couldn't put her finger on exactly who he was, and the jackal who was seemingly in charge should have been the servant, or at least she would have thought. then there was the rat with the smile that struck her as unnatural with his wrist caught by a marten wearing a badge she could swear she recognized from somewhere. She watched the scene play out for a few moments before cautiously approaching. "um, is everything ok here?" she asked in Edwinish before switching to an accented Kahunian, sounding rather perplexed as she did.

Madmarco777
Spy
Spy
Species: Brown Bear

Post by Madmarco777 »

Grisius chewed onthe tip of his pipe. The small group was getting bigger every moment. Quietly he continued to watch them as he puffed his pipe. "Interesting." he heard himself say. His stomach growled and he realized it was almost dinner time. With a shrug he walked away into the crowd. Not sure why, but he felt the group would come into a larger meaning in the coming days. Silently he slipped a few pieces of cooked meat from a vendor on the street. With a little giggle he shoved them in his bag. "Free food tastes best." he murmured as he turned into a thin alleyway.

In a quiet corner he decided to stop and eat. He took a piece of the meat from his bag and stuffed it in his mouth. Tasting all the different herbs and spices, he smiled and ate another. His hunger satisfied for now, he took off his coat and unlaced his mask. Lying them on his bag, he unsheathed it sword and set it on the ground in front of him. Quietly he focused his mind and meditated.
Some say a comet will fall from the sky, followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still, followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.
- Tool, AEnema
To this world, I shall always say no.

JamesG
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG »

Both Nebuchadnezzar and Kadin nodded politely at Matthias. The pine marten was obviously a Gawainian knight from his insignia. Nebuchadnezzar was not sure what arrangement had passed between the knight and the rat, but it was the marten that seemed to be in control. Nebuchadnezzar did as he was told and explained to Kadin what the rat had said. Kadin whispered back in Kahunian and both canines nodded. The dhole then turned to the rat.

"This is Kadin, I am Nebuchadnezzar," the Dhole said to the marten, "We would be honoured to assist in your master's pilgrimage. Fortunately, nought ails us at the moment, though I am sure the city has it's Hospitaller tents and sick-houses."
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

Eddy
Baron
Baron
Species: Otter

Post by Eddy »

Letting go of the rat, Matthias nodded curtly. Looking over the canines, his eyes showed obvious distrust, "very well. Lead the way." Although he realised that this canine was a figure of some status, he forwent any honours. His order bowed only to Midas. "We go where Midas stood, do you know of it? Das Dom?" Resting his staff on his shoulder the couldn't help but sniff and stare at the exotic atmosphere as the walked, the buildings were tall build, but became increasing rickety as they rose higher, giving the narrow streets a canyon-like feel. It wasn't long however before he was panting, "heiß, he muttered...
Nemo me impune lacessit
"Dieu n'est pas pour les gros bataillons, mais pour ceux qui tirent le mieux" - Voltaire
Characters
- Uthred
- Bjor
- Captain S.B. Fleming
- Lukas
- Eddy

Tal_os
Count
Count

Post by Tal_os »

A small chuckle escaped Thomas’ mouth. “No, I’m afraid you are mistaken. This one is not my master, he’s merely…” Thomas broke off as someone addressed the group from the side. He turned, giving the vixen standing there a quick bow and introducing himself, a ritual which was becoming annoyingly common lately. He kept it brief this time. “Hello! Dr. Krause, at your service. Everyone calls me Thomas. And we are excellent, thank you for asking.” He punctuated his answer with several rapid nods which were intended to be reassuring.“My acquaintances and I are going to Das Dom for whatever reason. You’re welcome to come along, if you feel compelled to do so.” Matthias had already set off down the road, and Thomas, noticing this, scurried after him without another word.

Thomas kept up with Matthias reasonably well, although his progress was slowed by the fact that he frequently broke off to examine some local oddity or, occasionally, an fur displaying some kind of injury. Whenever he did the latter, he would return with some comment on their condition, relating his observations to anyone in the group who appeared to be listening. Usually these observations went along the lines of “That one needs to get that wound disinfected,” or “That will certainly leave a scar.” Once or twice he came back with “That one won’t make it through tomorrow.” or something similar. All the news he brought back, no matter how grim, was treated with the same cheery indifference. The city and its people fascinated him to no end.