Search for The Holy Alseth (two-man challenge, pm to join)

This is where all of the medieval Kahun role-plays are archived.
Lucas Silverlake
King
King
Species: <gap>

Search for The Holy Alseth (two-man challenge, pm to join)

Post by Lucas Silverlake »

It was a lovely morning in the great city of Osiris. The market was as chaotic as always, vendors and shops selling all kinds of things and the port received shipments from all other countries. At the inn, stories and legends are told, as travellers come and go. Rumor goes that a powerful, holy relic that resides in a sky temple, hovering over a fearsome volcano.

...What sort of adventures will happen today...?

-------------------------------------------------------

A ship sails to the shore, carrying various passengers, and docks onto the port. The travellers disembark, quickly splitting towards the various path trails. Among them, two folf brothers, a paladin a sorcerer, take the path to the market.

Renard Silverlake, the older brother, tougher and taller than the younger one, sighed. He was tired from all the travelling. When he saw the various shops in the distance, he asked, "Okay...where do we start, Leo?", even though he'd rather sleep at a tavern. He wore silver armor on his arms and legs, protecting most of his limbs, as well as a brown, cloth shirt, black pants and leather boots. On his back rested a sheathed iron claymore, sturdy enough to block any blow. A cross made of wood hung from his neck.

Ren was the playful and friendly type of guy, always looking for adventure and quests. He was kind and just with people, always making new friends. He's a very good melee fighter, and is rather tough to beat, but his main flaw is that he has no magical ability whatsoever. That doesn't stop him from being reckless or succeeding his missions, though.

As they wandered through the crowd, Leonard Silverlake, the younger brother, responded, "Well, there seems to be a rumor about a holy relic going around the city. Maybe we should ask one of those merchants?". He wore a dark blue robe covering the clothes beneath, as well as reading glasses and nobleman's shoes. Inside his robe were several big pockets, each holding a tome or a magical scroll. On his robe's chain belt was a magical, red crystal which held a dark, ancient being. On his hands he held a book he was reading during the trip.

Unlike his brother, Leo was shy and antisocial. It takes quite a long while to get his trust, as he would rather ignore people he doesn't know that are in danger than to help them. Although a bit of a sarcastic jerk, if you get to know him, he can be the quite gentle and understanding. Currently, the only one he trusts the most and loves to help is Ren.

Ren agreed to Leo's suggestion rather , and went into a shop. The store was colorful and filled with golden treasures from all over the world. At the counter, the owner was conversing with another traveller, saying something about a powerful sword. The brothers approached them, and the owner greeted them, speaking rather loudly, "Ah, we have clients! Welcome to my shop of wonders! What sort of treasures will you be buying today?".

Len, although a bit afraid of the loudness, quickly replied, "W-well, we overheard you talk about a powerful sword and...".

As they spoke, two more people entered the shop. Who were they...?
...I seriously need to get better at rp/charmaking/storymaking... ._____.;

My characters:
Arkeus/Xander(Soon to be remade)
Lucas and Lennard
Icarus and Silvia

Sponsor

Dimitriexeno
Outlaw
Outlaw
Species: Jawa
Location: giving the finger to the Feilan behind me/out my window.

Re: Search for The Holy Alseth (two-man challenge, pm to joi

Post by Dimitriexeno »

Arcutieys walked into a backwater-looking shop, trying to get attention from the guards off of him and his little brother, whom he was pulling by the wrist. His black and gold robe covered in dust from his boat journey. His white and black fur turned tan in spots from the sand flying around.
“I can’t believe you, Aumu. You stowaway on the boat I took, and now I have to pay for you. So…not useful.” Arcutieys scolded his brother, Aumueyl. They had traveled all the way from Domus to Kahun. Arcutieys had finally achieved a small goal of his; To have a warrant for arrest in every major city of his home country. He decided it would be best to simply move to Kahun, as he learned the language early on in his life. He also always found deserts…alluring.

Aumueyl sighed and let his feet drag across the ground and into the shop, where he yanked his hand out of his brother’s. He soon turned to look at all the various curios and items. Aumueyl happily pawed at the expensive looking artifacts, taking particular delight in a small silver stone on a shelf. He quickly snuck it in his sleeve and turned around to his brother with a innocent smile. “You know, this is a fine shop brother! May we get something?” He asked, realizing only too late that he overdid it, causing him to flinch.

Arcutieys almost laughed at his brother. If he didn’t know any better, he would have thought Aumueyl stole something and was trying to divert attention. But Arcutieys did know better. He already knew that the shop keeper lost something.
“Maybe.” He said, overhearing a conversation between the owner and a few customers. He would have guessed they were local priests, but they seemed a little too nervous. He heard them say something about a powerful sword, and instantly tuned in. If there was one thing Arcutieys and his brother needed, it was a lot of money. And fast.
He looked over the larger fox-wolf hybrid and saw the sword on his back was just a plain old iron claymore, or other two handed sword of some type, so it must have either been a item, or a rumor. Arcutieys knew one thing. That, even if the rumor was false, it would still lead to some kind of money for him.
“Aumu, stay close to me. I think I found a job for us.” He whispered, walking up to the strangers, “Excuse me and my brother here, we were wondering if you know of any local legends or rumors. We like to study them, and I have come from the University of Domus.” He said, hoping he didn’t mince his translation.
Spoiler:

Lucas Silverlake
King
King

After Leo finished explaining, the owner was going to respond, but was cut off by the two new costumers. Renard didn't understand most of what they said, as he didn't study most languages, but Leo did. He replied, in a rather femme and frail voice, "Ah, fellow scholars, I see. Y-yes, we have been investigating a certain relic - a powerful, holy sword called 'Alseth' - and the owner appears to know a lot about it.", he looked over to the man at the counter, "E-ehrm...if you please?".

He calmly told the men about the sword. It is said that the sword lies somewhere in the sky, at the top of a temple. The exact location of the temple is unknown, as the temple hovers over an oasis. Legends says that this sword holds a powerful, magical ability and it is capable of summoning thunder and lightning to defeat the wielder's foes. In order to get into the temple, a clearing, surrounded by crystals infused with runes, must be found and activated to grant access. But, as the desert is filled with mirages and illusions, such place was never found.

While he spoke, Renard slowly looked around the shop, bored by all the story-telling. He wanted to see something more interesting and, wiping off a bit of sand on his armor, went to a window and looked outside. There...he saw a street performer, doing magic tricks to the children and the local folk. He always liked seeing those performances as a kid, when he had spare time from sword practice, and reminisced. "Nice...", he said to himself.

After he finished, Leo looked back at the newcomers. At that moment, something struck him a little. He could feel a magical energy surrounding those two foxes. It...made him a little uncomfortable, but he quickly shrugged it off. "...W-well, that's it. Do you, gentlemen, know anything about this relic?", he replied.

My characters:
Lucas and Lennard
Icarus and Silvia

SophieTheRabbit
Count
Count
Species: Rabbit

Post by SophieTheRabbit »

The day had gradually drawn quite a crowd, as a young vixen stood surrounded by awe struck furs of all ages. The Vixen bowed to the small applause of her last feet, a rather simple slight of hand. She then threw what looked like red sand into the air which suddenly burst into a small poof of red smoke, and from it a purple silk cloth drifted down into the vixens already open hand.

"For my next trick, i will need a volunteer." She spoke as her red eyes drifted across the audience, stopping at a feline child holding an untouched apple. "You there, would you like to assist me in my next trick?" The small girl looked up to the middle aged feline beside her.

"Can i Mother?" The young girl pleaded, to which she received a warm smile followed by a nod. The little girl wandered up to the now crouched Vixen whom proceeded to ask.

"now then, do you like animals?" to which the girl nodded.

"i like birds, pretty birds." The Vixen nodded and continued,

"if i could turn your apple into a dove, would you let me?" The girl looked at her apple then to the vixen, shyly she held out the apple for the Vixen to take.

The Vixen too the apple slowly and held it up for everyone to see "This helpful young one want's me to turn this Apple into a dove, to show this in no normal illusion i want you all to stand in a circle. Be sure you can see the hand with the apple clearly." As the furs shuffled around her she placed the purple cloth over the apple, waving her now free paw in a circle above it. As she did this she began to speak.

"Words of power, flow through me,
from the source of all that be.
Wings of white and soul so fair,send this object to the air.

As she finished she quickly removed the cloth. The crowed gasped and awed as the vixen carefully held a white dove in her paw. As she Let it free the furs around her gave a rather lively applause. Bowing she knelt down to the small smiling fur in front of her, "now then, i do believe i owe you an apple." she said clicking her fingers causing a poof of smoke clouded her hand. As it dispersed a shiny red apple with a purple tag lay in her hand. the girl took it reading the small tag.

"To my assistant, thank you for your help. from Spice." The small girl thanked the Vixen and ran back to her mother, bothering her to look.

~~~

The waters today where calm and peaceful, completely flat. A young girl stood in the crows nest of a large sturdy vessel, the salt air blowing through her long brown hair and her eyes looked on to the dock not ten minuets away. The silence was nothing but relaxing all up until it was shattered by a crew member below.
"OI LEX!" The fur was old and rather beaten up, he had multiple chunks missing from both ears and a rather repulsive scar down his left eye.

"What ya' want, can't ya see i'm enjoyin' the view. 'ew sorry excuse of a sea slug!" Lexy called down reather abruptly.

"t-the Cap'an want's ta see ya." the crew mate replied a small shake of fear in his voice. Lexy sighed and took hold of some lose rigging using it as a fast route down. "move." she said sternly making her way to the captains quarters/
Brother: Hey Sis', want a carrot?
Me: No thank you.
Bro: Come on, Rabbits love carrots.
Me: Don't be so stereotypical Rabbits eat other things to!
Bro: Ok, ok, don't have to get touchy. Sheesh.

Later that day...
Bro: Hey Sis' what's that you're eating?
Me: Carrot cake.
Bro: Pardon?
Me: Carrot cake.
Bro: What cake?
Me: CARROT.......*glares evilly* I hate you sometimes, you know that?

My Character

My Characters
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5652

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Dimitriexeno
Outlaw
Outlaw
Species: Jawa
Location: giving the finger to the Feilan behind me/out my window.

Post by Dimitriexeno »

Aumueyl sneaked out the door while Arcutieys was busy, taking his chance to explore while his brother would normally drag him to another boring place. He made sure nobody saw him as he quietly closed the door. Walking down the street in his baggy white shirt and ripped brown trousers, he saw what looked like a street magician. He happily looked over the hand tricks, mentally criticizing the vixen. Aumueyl walked to the front of the crowd to see her better, as to his severe lack of height. The vixen continued to pull the generic tricks expertly, giving Aumueyl a suspicion or two as to this vixen’s true ability.

Arcutieys shook his head and looked up at Leo.
“No, not really. It seems worth while though…”
He debated in his mind whether or not he should press any farther, worrying about banding together to find it by accident. Eventually he decided to leave them be, and turned around.
“Well, then--” His eyes widened, noticing the absence of his little brother. “Oh no…No, Damnit!” He exclaimed, immediately feeling worry shoot through him. He may not have seemed like he liked the little brat, but Aumueyl was still his brother. Or possibly he just didn’t want to lose a apprentice. It really didn’t matter to him at the moment, He just wanted his brother back.
Arcutieys jumped out the door, running down the left side of the street. Aumueyl was left handed, so it was Arcutieys’ best guess. Sand flying in his eyes and the buzz of a small crowd in the middle of the streets, He quickly lost sense of where to go. And that angered him.
His hands sparked and fizzled, his eyes regaining the glow of rage that seemed far too familiar in him. Dust flew off of his robe and the sand in stuck all over his hands melting and dripping of his hands, turning to glass on the ground. His breathing became heavy and his eyes darted around, looking for his family.
“Aumueyl!!” he called, nearly breathing fire as he did so. He was NOT going to be happy if someone harmed that kid.

The little brother jumped as he heard his name called, backing away from the sound quickly and into the performer.
“That was not a glorious idea.” He thought out loud to himself, running down the nearest alleyway, pushing the vixen out his way. He met a dead end and sat down behind a basket, waiting to see how this played out.
Spoiler:

Lucas Silverlake
King
King

Leo sighed at the response, knowning that standing around and asking questions would probably create no progress. He stood there, pondering to himself, not noticing the fox turn around. As he exclaimed, both Ren and Leo jumped, looking at him exiting the shop. Ren swiftly followed him outside the shop, seeing his worry, while Leo slapped himself softly on the face. "Ugh...here we go again.", he whispers to himself in annoyance, as he leaves the shop, adjusting his glasses.

As they went through the streets, sand flew onto Ren, but was quickly wiped away as he ran. When the fox stopped and stood still, he noticed how the fox's hands started to spark, a fiery aura flowing off of him. '...A fire mage...huh...?', he thought. He slowly walked towards the mage, paying close attention to him. 'I'll see if I can calm him down...'. He didn't even nudge at the fox's call, right now the only thing on his mind was helping him.

Leo safely stored the book on his hand in one of the robe's pockets, and searched around with his eyes, trying to find his older brother. Seems like they were already out of reach...the crowd's cheers and voices of joy caught his attention, as he gazed at a vixen, performing magic tricks to the children. Then, he heard someone yelling a name, which made him shiver at how angry that person's sounded. He saw a little kid run into the performer and he seemed a bit familiar...

My characters:
Lucas and Lennard
Icarus and Silvia