The Desert

This is where all of the medieval Kahun role-plays are archived.
AmeVulpes
Duke
Duke
Species: undecided

The Desert

Post by AmeVulpes »

Zaereth walked along,armor scratched and scraped already by the sand."I just left the city!" he looked at his armor "I wish zoeroth was here,he was great at fixing armor." he looked around and began flying idly along,sword at his side.
Oh hey guys.

My sig's kinda naked, lol. Sorry.

Sponsor

Luhood
Outlaw
Outlaw
Species: Zebra

Re: The Desert

Post by Luhood »

A pair of eyes quickly gleamed in the distance, before turning invisible again in the small gust of sand that idly flew across the dunes of the Kahunian desert. This dragon, the gust of sand though to itself, seemed to be far away from his usual territory. Considering the prejudice most reptilians held against the dragons because of their barbarian blood it probably wasn't anywhere nearby... but on the other hand, he knew far from everything there is to know about dragons and their nests. Or whatever dragons used to live in! Still, he seemed to have a purpose for being out here in the hot desert all on his own...

The winds started to spin, slowly forming a tornado of sand on a distant hill. The petite sand storm started following the dragon from a distance, always being visible on top of a dune of sand or in the bottom of a sand valley, but not closing in on the dragon.

----------------------------------------|Meanwhile...|----------------------------------------

With a deep sigh, the heavy figure took step after step through the hot desert of this weird reptile country. The Stranger sure seemed to have a funny sense of humour, pulling a real thin joke this time. This is the Kahun Desert, not a Kabocha Dessert! Big difference, you maniac! he swore at the voices in his head, knowing that the Stranger could hear him from across this distance. Kabocha was a pumpkin, sure, but it was a YAMAHANESE pumpkin! Pumpkin kind don't grow in the Kahun wilds! His 9 feet high, pear shaped... well, shape, made a dark outline against the dunes of Kahun, still not showing any details should someone notice him. He took another swig of the almost empty bottle in his hand, knowing it wouldn't help in the long run but still going on the placebo effect... whatever that meant! Some bartender had used the word once, and when he had heard it... well, it just stuck!

Anyhow, he did hope he would soon be able to find something, or someone. These hallucinations in the distance started to kill him, and that one even looked like a dragon with armour! HAH! Everyone knows that dragons are merely creatures of myth, and one wearing an armour in this heat... anyone wearing armour in this sun would've been fried long ago, like a Yamahanses shrimp! Dragon or not, like a shrimp! But still, the reptile seemed to be getting less blurry for each step...

AmeVulpes
Duke
Duke

Post by AmeVulpes »

OOC:[WOW that post is confusing...could you explain that please? XD]
Oh hey guys.

Luhood
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Luhood »

[OOC: Sure can do! Two different characters, both mine. The upper one being familiar with the Desert and all that comes with it, the lower one inflicted with slight hyperthermia and so forth, speaking with himself and having to make his way back towards Isis! Hope that makes it a bit easier to understand what is happening! :)]

AmeVulpes
Duke
Duke

Post by AmeVulpes »

Zaereth looked up and saw the siluet and couldn't help but wonder...'What the hell?'

He walked toward it,taking note of everything. His armor still shined despite the damage from past battles and weathering. The sword on his side would take at least two hands for most furs to use,but being a dragon--and a knight,he was not 'most furs'. He seemed to be strangely cold when he arrived at the 'Pumpkin' [you have an anthro pumpkin?! o.o]
Oh hey guys.

Luhood
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Luhood »

[Nope! He's a bear, with whom Fate tends to play nasty pranks! Read about him if you'd like, It's the second character in my list! He have a tendency to wake up next to pumpkins or pumpkin related objects or places whenever he gets really drunk!]

No, Boris was certain now: this were no hallucination! But... dragons weren't real... were they? They were just Kahunian stories made up to frighten little children... weren't they? But still, here was a reptile with wings, just like the tales had said. Damn those cold-bloods, that thing they had given him... what had they called it, Arch? Rukh? Araq... Araq? That was it, Araq! And damn, he barely remember anything from after that and until he woke up in the desert about... 2 hours ago or something? Hard to tell time with only a blazing sun on the sky, especially with nothing but a bottle of this... very sweet, and alcoholic... whatever! It wouldn't be able to keep him going for long, but he survived on the sweetness alone! This here placebo thing seemed to be working really well after all! Whatever that was...

Now, less ramblings, more dragon! As he got a good look on the dragon he noticed the gleaming of the metal armour on his body and the sword by his side, and quickly wondered how there could still be any dragon left, considering his belt buckle was close to smouldering hot! Sure, it weren't really that hot, since if it were so his clothes would've been on fire since long back, but damn! It was still hot! And how would he be able to speak with it, he wasn't even sure if it knew Edwinian... ehm... "<Who... your being? Talking Edwin?>" he asked the dragon, in a Kahunian that weren't only heavily accented with Edwinian, but also incorrect! He had trouble remembering the language lessons he had been given by his pa' as a kid, nowadays he had a couple of former reptile slaves on his crew who handled the translations for him, and made sure that transactions with Kahunian merchants went the way they were supposed to be. He remembered some, but... well... hopefully the dragon would know Edwinian, or maybe some Domian. And if not... sign language?

----------------------------------------|Meanwhile...|----------------------------------------

From afar, a cloud of sand watched the strange duo as they slowly approached each other, and with a slight sparkle it was gone, having disappeared into the ground beneath it. From within a nearby dune it watched them, waiting, curious of how this spectacle would end up with the two, the drunkard and the knight. The smell of alcohol from the bear could be felt for several dunes away, and he was actually surprised that no more creatures had made their way towards the bear. Watching the two from a distance, he made sure to hold his place within the dunes, lying ready to strike should anything spontaneous happen.

AmeVulpes
Duke
Duke

Post by AmeVulpes »

Zaereth shook his head "excuse me sir?" he laughed lightly "I believe your Kahunian is quite flawed." He help out a hand,which had several sharp claws on it. "My name's Zaereth of the Dragon Knights of Edwin. Pleased to meet you...?" He loved being naturally an ice dragon. No more desert heat!
Oh hey guys.

Luhood
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Luhood »

Boris, eyes wide with wonder and amazement, stared at the dragon. His eyes soon turned down, watching the reptile's outstretched hand, but quickly shot back up to the dragon again. Here was this fantasy creature in front of me, this dragon, and he treated me like it was nothing... and who were these Dragon Knight's he spoke of? He had never heard of such a thing! And weren't Kahunians supposed to hate everyone that flew... and in that case, what was this Dragon, from EDWIN apparently, doing in the deserts of Kahun, looking like he'd never felt any better...

Realizing he hadn't responded to this... dragon, he stretched out his own hand and grabbed the dragon's. "Boris... Boris Darwin, Edwinian Merchant of the Kharen Sea Trading Company. Say, sir Dragon... what are you doing out here, in the desert? Shouldn't you be back in Edwin, doing... whatever it is that you do?" he asked the winged reptile, still uncertain whether he was a real Feilan or just another hallucination. Sure, it felt real enough, but so had that huge snake, and her humongous... well, no time to think about that! There was this... dragon in focus now! Damn desert heat...

AmeVulpes
Duke
Duke

Post by AmeVulpes »

He laughed again,though more quietly. "I'm looking for someone,and besides,there sadly are not enough of us left to keep an order,so they are having us search for new recruits." He shook the merchant's paw. "Nice to meet you." He saw that the fur's thoughts were scattered. "Are you alright?"
Oh hey guys.

Luhood
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Luhood »

"Depends on what you'd call 'all right'... My head hurts, I've been wandering this blasted desert for god knows how long, and the Stranger have been up there laughing at me this entire time!" The brown bear told the knight, shouting the last part to him while flailing with his arms in anger. As he heard a sloshing sound from his right he remembered the bottle he woke up with, and took a swig of it. "Want some?" He asked, holding out the bottle towards the dragons... weren't there just one? Surely, this must be a joke? He looked back and forth at the two dragon knights, identical in appearance, before pointing towards the one who seemed less blurry. "And you... who might you be?" he started to slur, reaching towards the other figure with the bottle, before toppling over towards him and straight through the hallucination that had been that new dragon. The alcoholic liquid of the bottle sloshed happily as it landed in the sand, as if it was mocking him, but Boris was close to out cold right there. If he didn't get any water in him, and that soon... well, the Stranger must have some kind of morbid sense of humour then, I suppose!

"Hopefully they'll get out of this alive, both of them. If not... may Seth's blessing be upon these poor souls!" he though to himself, before starting to wander off. The sand dune in which he had just slept had grown still, the desert wind was not following the strange dragon any more, and the gleaming eyes in the distance was nowhere to be seen. As the reptilian high priest walked off into the distance, back towards Isis, the light of the sun seemed to bounce of his armour and create a flare like that of a signal fire, the kind you'd see in cities to aid travellers and help them find their way towards their great cities. Hopefully, this would help the two get away from this stinking heat, and back to health as well. That dragon didn't seem to have to much of a problem, but one can't be to sure.

Kael
God
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael »

Derth was walking along without much care for heat. Ever since his pact with Feras, He was almost immune to heat. The skinny bear held a skull with horns and flaming eyes. He was whispering to it, "Is there anybody nearby, Feras?"

The skull replied mentally, TWO ARE NEAR, ONE DRAGON AND A DISTRAUGHT BEAR.

The skull twisted in his hand to point in their direction. "thanks, Feras," Derth replied. He then strolled in their direction, all black robes and powerful air.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

AmeVulpes
Duke
Duke

Post by AmeVulpes »

OOC:((i'm kinda lost on this thread... i don't understand it anymore XD i'll post again when i finally understand.))
Oh hey guys.

AmeVulpes
Duke
Duke

Post by AmeVulpes »

Zaereth turned to the black robed figure. Black doesn't exactly blend with sand. He'd learned that the hard way in the past, but that wasn't a thought for now. Yet another... I wonder if he has any water.

He turned to the new arrival, armor shining rather brightly. "Hello there, I am in need of assistance, could you lend a paw, or rather, a canteen?"
Oh hey guys.

Kael
God
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael »

Derth did indeed have one to spare. Much to the skull's chagrin, he handed it over. He then whispered to the skull, "Oh, hush, you. They cant do much with that. Your avarice holds no bounds."
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

AmeVulpes
Duke
Duke

Post by AmeVulpes »

OOC:((we should wait for luhood.))
Oh hey guys.