Destruction and Vambraces?[PM to join]

This is where all of the medieval Kahun role-plays are archived.
AmeVulpes
Duke
Duke
Species: undecided

Destruction and Vambraces?[PM to join]

Post by AmeVulpes »

Nirix leaned against the entrance of the small cave in a hill of sand. It appeared to be nothing special, but the fact that half of his powers didn't work here meant it was. He could feel something inside... And even being a spirit, he couldn't identify it.

He gave the cave a determined glare. It did nothing to soften the hard darkness that seemed to be emanating from inside. His double scythe had been destroyed in a battle with a dragon, so he had to settle for the replica of his father's. It looked like a real death scythe, but it had no power other than fire, which the real one didn't possess in the first place.
He couldn't teleport here, for unknown reasons, so he summoned the scythe to his hand and walked inside. As soon as he passed the entrance, he disappeared to the rest of the world.

The inside of the cave... Wasn't a cave at all! It looked like a maze... The walls had things carved in them, in a language that didn't even appear to be Feilan. There were bones lying around, and age-old bloodstains. He silently wondered if he would even make it out of this place, whatever it was.

He pressed on, moving farther into the darkness.
Oh hey guys.

My sig's kinda naked, lol. Sorry.

Sponsor

Kael
God
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Re: Destruction and Vambraces?[PM to join]

Post by Kael »

Guarn was slightly scared. How did she end up here? She had woken up in the beginning of the maze, but no way out. The Rabbit shivered. She conjured a light, and it was half as good as it should of been.

She moved farther and saw the carvings. She cast a spell of translation, and read the runes. they said, "Enter at your own Peril. The Vambraces of Larcanas lie at the end for those that survive the maze." Guarn shivered at this ominous message, and her light went out, and she couldnt recast it. She stumbled around until she ran into a figure and she screamed.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

AmeVulpes
Duke
Duke

Post by AmeVulpes »

Nirix was knocked back when the girl ran into him, but only a bit. Considering that both eyes glowed, it was an odd thing that she'd missed him. The blade of his scythe became engulfed in a small flame, just enough to light their immediate surroundings. The masked figure looked down at the rabbit, his red eye glowing more than the blue one. "Guarn, right?"

His mask was black, and appeared to be totally opaque in the current surroundings. His cloak matched, covering his entire body, except for his paws, which were currently covered by thin black leather gloves. If not for the blue eye, he could very easily be mistaken for the true reaper. He even appeared to have the death scythe!
Oh hey guys.

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

Guarn shivered. "Yes, how did you know my name, dark one?" She was truly frightened. She had been running for her life and then ran into this stranger who might likely kill her. Great, now she was going to have a short life on top of losing friends. Now she would never get the revenge that she wished for. That was why she needed the vambraces. But she calmed herself, remembering that letting emotions rule caused a fool. Hence why she was going to die soon.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

AmeVulpes
Duke
Duke

Post by AmeVulpes »

Nirix blinked and looked the girl in the eye, the dark red flame on his blade growing. "I'm a spirit. I know everything that has been said or done since 16 years ago... Though sometimes I forget. This place is restricting my spirit powers, so I only have what I learned..." He sighed. Why was he telling her that? He shook his head slowly. "Anyway..." He took off his mask and put it in his cloak. The wolf had black fur, and red hearts around his eyes.

"I don't like this..." He shrugs. "I assume you're here for the vambraces. If you tell me why, I may help you~ I'm only trying to keep it out of the wrong hands~"
Oh hey guys.

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

"I am here for them so i can gain enough ability in magic to let those bastards that killed my friends know that I am not an easy target. I do not want to use them to gain ultimate power, just get revenge for my best friends." She had sworn an oath to never use offensive magic. This had given her a great advantage in the field of study. By not being offensive, she had made her the greatest mage in any group. She never drew attention, which let her see all her friends die to the same group of people. These Vambraces will let her be able to fight them off when they came.

kitsuni89
Omnipresence
Omnipresence
Species: sapphire wolf

Post by kitsuni89 »

Inside the cave was a male husky with silver claws and a slight glow on his back. He was standing around the corner after the entrance. Upon hearing voises and commotion he turned and began to shake. "Um hello?" No answer came so the husky began to travel towards the voice.

Soon enough he found himself close to two others. Jason was shaking more than he was at the beginning of his search. Slowly approaching them, he let out a faint voice. "Um hello? I seemed to wonder in here and been trying to figure this writng while also looking around. Um my name is Jason." He paused to wait for a response from the two. Were they hostile or friendly? He hoped for the best outcome to occur in this meeting.
Slimtart: I am known as the twin spirit fox.
Kovu: No...your known as a the demented creature from the darkness.
Slimtart: Oh and you have what power to give me a title? Come here and I will show you why your known as the broken tooth wolf.
Kovu: Noooo! *runs*
Slimtart: Why you running? *Chases*
Benice: *Steps out and punches both their noses making them fall* Stop you two or I will chain you out side again.....males..always a rock in my boot. *sigh.*

AmeVulpes
Duke
Duke

Post by AmeVulpes »

Another?

Nirix turned to the wolf for a moment. "Hello..." He didn't really know what else to say. Normally, he would have seen him coming from... Far away, to say the least.

Turning back to Guarn, he gave an indecisive look. "Well, I'll decide when we get to it..."

He turned back to Jason. The dark fire didn't allow him to see much more than an outline, and hellfire was the only kind of fire that his scythe could control. He 'killed' the flame on his blade and held the scythe at his side. The room seemed brighter for a moment, but the illusion failed.

"what the hell?" He held up one paw, in which there was a small ball of flame, much brighter than the other, though less intense.
Oh hey guys.

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

Guarn turned to the newcomer. Now that she had regained control, She summoned a very bright ball of light. "I am Guarn. and I understand this language." The Rabbit was startled that this newcomer had been able to find them. "Nice to meet you, Jason."

She hoped the people following her didnt come here. Actually, let them come and be destroyed by this dungeon.

kitsuni89
Omnipresence
Omnipresence

Post by kitsuni89 »

(Json a husky haha)

Jason watched the attempts with fire. Never before has he seen a fur that could contro fire. "I found you two by smell. I can't see anything. But can give a little light." He removed his cloak to show his back glowed atiny bit. When Gaurn summoned te ball of light he looked at it with amazement. "Wow, you two are great. Nce to meet you both." The husky bowed to them but doubt they saw it.
Slimtart: Oh and you have what power to give me a title? Come here and I will show you why your known as the broken tooth wolf.
Benice: *Steps out and punches both their noses making them fall* Stop you two or I will chain you out side again.....males..always a rock in my boot. *sigh.*

AmeVulpes
Duke
Duke

Post by AmeVulpes »

Nirix growled "put that out!!!"

The wolf ducked his head and crouched like he'd been hit with a club. He'd put his mask back on and pulled his hood over his face "Dammit!"

He put a paw on his head and whined quietly. The spirit definitely had no good reaction to light. He shook his head and stoop up straight again.

"Please, don't use light magic around me and if you do, warn me first..."

He picked his scythe back up to the walking-stick like position. When he spoke again his voice was calm and at least a little collected. "Let's not waste more time here... From what i can tell of that barrier, we aren't leaving without the vambraces."
Oh hey guys.

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

"Terribly sorry." Guarn was startled at the reaction and changed the spell to shine ahead so that she could see. She headed off, deciding that if she had the light, she should lead them.

The writing changed in nature. It started with dire warnings, then degraded a bit. There seemed to be ramblings, like 'I want to go home.' And 'Why have I decided to come? It is a foolish mission.' Guarn didnt like that, and shivered a bit.

She then cried out as something loomed up ahead. She didnt know how to deal with this...

AmeVulpes
Duke
Duke

Post by AmeVulpes »

OOC:((kael, please stop controlling the surroundings in my RP))

Nirix glared at the figure. It seemed to be a mass of shadows. He glared at it, wondering what kind of magic this was.

He focused deeply and willed his illusion powers to overcome the thing blocking his spirit powers. His scythe slowly reformed into a katana in his hand, and after it formed, it took a whole minute to solidify. He shook his head. This was ridiculous, his illusion powers even affected gods, yet this... barrier had nearly blocked it?

The katana had a black blade, with a red stripe running just behind the very edge. Nirix traced his finger down the blade and a line of hellfire followed from the stripe. He gave the form a determined glare and waited for it to move.

The autonomous mass of shadow didn't have a real thought process. It was more like a machine, primed to kill anyone who tried to move past it. It made no move, for now...
Oh hey guys.

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

"What is with it? It seems to not want to attack until we do something?" She thought of what it might be. The light didn't seem to light it up. Then she thought of something. "This must be the guard dog. I can teleport us past it, if I could see past it." She then started the casting of a Mage's Eye spell. She could get a view, then teleport them int. It would be slightly off, possibly hurting them, but she didn't want to fight the thing. It looked very deadly. She shivered a bit.

kitsuni89
Omnipresence
Omnipresence

Post by kitsuni89 »

Jason looked at the figure. The barrier weakened his lighting magic every so often. "Um so...what do we do about it?" He gt down in a fighting stance, silver claws clank together and flexed like they were regular body parts like arms. The husky rarely got in big fights but he wasn't afraid to so he could keep his life.