This Is Not How I Pictured It OR How I Learned to Love Sand

This is where all of the medieval Kahun role-plays are archived.
Brimstone
Assassin
Assassin

Re: This Is Not How I Pictured It OR How I Learned to Love S

Post by Brimstone »

Nightflower rolled her eyes and "Went to sleep" which as just allowing a slightly cloudy film over the eyes. She was still aware of actions but details eluded her...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She was already up the next morning, walking in with food and a set of leather armor. "Wake up beautiful before I use your state to do horribly wonderful things to you" She said, tossing her the armor. It looked as if it would about fit her, but it was nothing custom made. "Don't ask about the armor, cause how I got it is irrelevant to you. Just use it and be thankful it's quiet" She said tossing the armor at her next. "If we are gonna make it to the camp with enough time to formulate a plan then we gotta get our asses moving. I'll meet you outside" She said before vanishing once again.

Sponsor

FreedomFighter
Thief
Thief
Species: Chocobo

Post by FreedomFighter »

In her dream, a handsome leopard winked lasciviously at Tam, hinting that if she didn't wake up, he would "use you state to do horribly wonderful things to you", which she was definitely interested in. Then she realized his voice was female. And that it belonged to Nightflower.

Tam felt the muffled impact of the armor bundle and opened one gummed-over eyelid. "Mmph?" She felt around until her paw made contact with the packet, which she drew up to muzzle-level and inspected. "Won't ask. Better if I don't know. Blaaaargh," Tam grumbled as she flopped over on her stomach. Her mother had always been a relentlessly early riser, and Tam had taken her cue from her, but she had spent the day previous (and the two days before that) walking in from the northern port with minimal rest and maximum violence. She had been forced to deal with three highwaymen, an exceptionally unfriendly caravan, and spiders.

Mornings could kiss off and die.

Still, she sat up, hunched over into a cramped bundle of morbidity as she considered getting dressed.
Characters... You know you're curious...
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6639

Brimstone
Assassin
Assassin

Post by Brimstone »

Nightflower just looked at the fox and shook her head. "Now really, wake your fine ass up and get moving" She said with a glare. She did not like it at all when people just lazed about and complained about the morning and being tired. "We have a long day ahead of us and you can bet that pretty little tail of yours it's gonna be rough so perk up and get a move on" She snapped. She was leaning on a wall eating a piece of jerky that she had, her rather fearsome teeth that no normal reptile would have very clear.

FreedomFighter
Thief
Thief

Post by FreedomFighter »

Tam rolled off the bed and stood up. She stretched as far as she could, feeling several of her vertebrae pop, and scratched her ear. She looked at the leather armor on the bed, then raised an inquisitive eyebrow at Nightflower. "Thank you...?" Briefly considering where it may have come from, Tam shrugged and made a 'shoo' gesture towards her companion. "I need to dress. Could you go... outside? Maybe in the hall?" After a moment, Tam shrugged and pulled her tunic off, over her head, and chucked it on the mattress.

The leather armor was big enough, which she was thankful for. She unfolded the chest armor and tugged it on, then stripped off her breeches and pulled the new pants on. Not a bad fit-- just big enough for comfort, but not so big that it was flapping off her. Of course, she was just happy it was big. Nightflower looked leaner than she did, so she had expected to do some sucking-in and squeezing to fit. She had also noticed that Nightflower's 'endowments' were slightly larger than her own, which had made the chance of fitting into any armor belonging to her that much smaller. Tam wasn't usually jealous, but she had to admit, Nightflower was a gorgeous woman.

Tam put on the leather shoes and fastened her belt. "You're a pretty good judge of sizes. How did you know?"

Brimstone
Assassin
Assassin

Post by Brimstone »

Nightflower didn't even move when she was told to go outside. They both had the exact same parts so it wasn't as if they had things the other didn't see before. She just sat there, shredding the jerky she was eating silently. It appeared that Nightflower was not the happiest person alive in the morning if she didn't at least have someone to cuddle and this Fox was about as fun to cuddle as a boulder that hit you.

Then came the compliment. "Well when your job is all about knowing every last detail about someone it comes natural to you. Honestly I just had to look at your armor, then figure out how much of it was padding and how much of it was you. After that it was easy. Your a males medium" She said spinning around casually. "Are you coming?" She asked

FreedomFighter
Thief
Thief

Post by FreedomFighter »

Tam adjusted her chest in the armor and nodded to Nightflower. "Good guess, and yeah. Now, my real question: last night you said that there were about sixty hostiles in the cavern. Did you get a good look at them? Do you know which one was in charge?" The male in charge was the main problem-- if he got away, the bandit group would just reform somewhere else, and she and Nightflower would likely be dead in a ditch. Not a happy prospect. Tam gnawed a claw. She wasn't looking forward to sneaking around, but there wasn't a choice. It was either sneak by or die like a twit in the middle of a pile of angry criminals, neither of which was on her to-do list.

Tam checked her sword and fastened it onto the belt, slung low across her hips. If need be, she could reach it in less than a second, and slice a throat in less than two. Nightflower would undoubtedly be faster, but Tam figured her strike would be stronger-- maybe even a beheading. She snorted and laid her paw on the hilt. "Lead the way. I'm assuming you planned out an entry point last night? If not, we need to start by figuring out where we go in."

Brimstone
Assassin
Assassin

Post by Brimstone »

Nightflower laughed "I worked for the guy once, some other camp moving in on their turf. I know the guy, but he wouldn't trust me too much anymore" She said, buckling two daggers to her hip. The daggers looked like it had bone handles and what seemed to be a sheath made out of a similar hide that he armor was bad of. "As for the majority of the plan making, that's why we are leaving so early. See the watch routes, find a way with the least resistance to the leaders tent. I sneak in, kill the leader and we get out. You go get your bounty and I get paid. After that if you wanna go you can, but if you wanna stick around then we can do other missions" She said with a shrug. They left the Inn after Nightflower told the inn keeper to keep her room on tab and not let ANYONE in on fear of being brutally skinned alive and eaten, and started down the road.

"The main camp is about seven miles away at the bottom of a mountain. we should get there in a few hours and have enough time to eat and such" She said as she walked. It seemed she had a tonne of energy despite only having that one square of meat from her bag.

FreedomFighter
Thief
Thief

Post by FreedomFighter »

Tam gazed down the road out of the town, calculating how long it would take them to walk that distance. Several hours at least; Nightflower was right about that. Still, if they moved at a consistently fast pace, they would make it before the day was too far along. She looked at Nightflower. "You talked to the inn keeper, right? Good. If we don't finish this tonight, we'll have to stay the night again."

Tam slid her eyes to Nightflower's daggers and squinted at them. There was some kind of tough hide on the scabbards that gleamed like metal in the sun. It caught the light as readily as her blades themselves, which made Tam wonder, but she kept her trap shut. She could ask about the handles (made of a form of bone) and the hide later, when they had successfully brought down the mark and were enjoying the spoils of war, so to speak. Coins made everyone talkative, and Tam had a feeling Nightflower, while free with her affections, kept her secrets much closer. Any hopes Tam had of investigating her father's armor and Nightflower's purpose would have to wait.

Shading her eyes with a paw, Tam watched the horizon. "Alright, let's move." She walked in step with Nightflower, paw always at her hilt. The country was flat and hot, the heat causing the air to shimmer above the dry ground. Visibility was perfect in all directions, which meant the bad guys would definitely know they were coming.

Brimstone
Assassin
Assassin

Post by Brimstone »

They had been walking for a few hours, but the sun was still high in the sky. Oh the beautiful deserts of Kahun. Nightflower crawled up over a dune to see the camp. "Well, thankfully we got plenty of time to kill so lets go eat before we have to watch for the tracks" She said sitting down. She reached into her pack and brought out a weird rod and lit it on fire. The fire burned hot but small and used hardly any of the fuel. "If you got any food that needs cooking, cook it now" She said, pulling more jerky out of her bag. Bitch seemed to live off the stuff.

FreedomFighter
Thief
Thief

Post by FreedomFighter »

Tam crouched at the edge of the overhang, peering down into the camp. The main stash was in the cavern itself, which was likely where the leader was hiding out. One way in, one way out. It was safest that way. Anyone would choose a cave, if they could secure it, and with their numbers, this particular band had no problem. They had probably chased a few animals and things out and then set up their boss' quarters. They all stayed outside to protect the entrance; Tam guessed the majority of the gang was in the camp with only a token guard force inside with the big guy.

The camp was arranged in a loose circle facing outward, towards the road. The center of the circle was home to an empty fire pit and a few lounging furs who seemed bored but not unaware. In fact, they stayed alert, despite their supine positions. One in particular was sweeping his gaze around, considering each of the ledges in turn. He levered to his feet, suddenly tense, and Tam furrowed her brow. He hadn't seen them, but something had his attention. She looked over at Nightflower.

In the ravine, the male's shoulders had tightened considerably, making his musculature stand out under his fur. He scanned the overhangs again, then looked down the road, yellow eyes full of suspicion.

Brimstone
Assassin
Assassin

Post by Brimstone »

Nightflower walked over to Tam and grabbed her by the collar dragging her away with a surprising amount of strength for one so thin "Stay... away... from... the edge" She snapped, keeping them hidden. "If they so much as see something not right then we are both screwed before we even start" She said in an angered voice. "Get to the fire, stay out of sight" She growled walking back over to the fire. She sat down and stared at it, seemingly thinking something through...

FreedomFighter
Thief
Thief

Post by FreedomFighter »

"He wasn't looking at me," Tam hissed, elbowing Nightflower in the side as she was dragged away. "He was looking at the road. I was trying to see what he was interested in!" She glowered at her companion and nudged her off so she could crawl back into place. She peeked over the edge and spotted the male, who was now in the path, a massive stone mace in his paw. He faced away from their position, and he looked ready to pounce on whatever it was he was focused on. Tam followed his gaze, but could see nothing from where they were. She beckoned Nightflower over. "That one. Something has his attention. Can you see what?"

A few of the other bandits were becoming restless and one or two had stood up to stretch. Only the male in the road had reached for a weapon, but the others didn't seem far from it. They were completely uninterested in the outcropping Nightflower and Tam were laying on, so Tam could only guess what had them so riled. She drew her sword and lay it down beside her, just in case. Being prepared was better than being surprised without her weapon drawn.

The male, a powerful-looking grey fur, took a threatening step out towards the center of the beaten, sandy thoroughfare. "Come on out!"

Tam's heart almost stopped, but she schooled herself into complete stillness. He wasn't speaking to them. Now it only mattered who he was speaking to.

A few seconds passed; a small fur appeared like a mirage in the camp. "My, unfriendly, aren't we?"

Brimstone
Assassin
Assassin

Post by Brimstone »

Nightflower snarled once again "Look I told you too..." She started but stopped when she saw what was going on. "I honestly have no idea what's going on, but I say we stay out of it and let it take it's course of action. We will keep an eye out so the leader doesn't escape though. Let's just relax and prepare alright?" She said expectantly

FreedomFighter
Thief
Thief

Post by FreedomFighter »

Tam stared down at the strange fur in the camp, her teeth bared to the gums. She dug her claws into the dirt and pushed away, but didn't take her eyes off the stranger. "Him," she snarled, her face twisted with rage. She picked up her sword.

Down in the camp, the mysterious fur peeked both left and right; a grotesque grin split his face. "I see you haven't done much in my absence. How sad," he said, folding his arms across his thin chest. Before his paws had even settled, three of the guards had fallen, blood arcing high into the air. The massive wolf in the road spun and raised his weapon, but his arm disappeared, mace and all.

Screams were echoing off the walls of the ravine. Tam's eyes grew hot. "I'll kill him!" She all but roared, launching herself off the side and down into the clearing.
Last edited by FreedomFighter on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brimstone
Assassin
Assassin

Post by Brimstone »

Nightflower saw Tam tense. "Oh for the love of..." She started before Tam screamed and ran off towards the camp. Nightflower was crossed. Go help her, leave her to die, come back later and collect the bounty..."Bitch is lucky she has a nice ass..." She growled, bolting down the hill. It didn't take her long to catch up. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" She asked, running along side Tam.