This Is Not How I Pictured It OR How I Learned to Love Sand

This is where all of the medieval Kahun role-plays are archived.
FreedomFighter
Thief
Thief
Species: Chocobo

Re: This Is Not How I Pictured It OR How I Learned to Love S

Post by FreedomFighter »

"He's killing them! He's killing all of them!" Tam's voice almost snapped, but she kept it under some bare form of control. She bounded over a low-slung table rock and landed, sprinting with her sword out and shining in the sun. "He'll die-- I will kill him!" She drew her sword back as the pair surged into the camp; the bodies were strew about in various states of demise. There was only one bandit still living.

The wolf had his back to the cave, paw clamped over the new stump just under his bicep. He was breathing heavily, his fangs bared, but it was obvious he had no way to escape. The murderer, in a white robe spattered with gore, was facing him. "I am terribly sorry I came without announcing myself. Your leader doesn't seem to be here. I'll just have to settle for you," he said, his paws in his sleeves. Only his smiling muzzle was visible behind the hood. He had nondescript brown fur and small, pointed teeth, but otherwise was nothing interesting (unless you included the dismemberment).

"Hey!" Tam shouted, bringing her sword up to lop off the stranger's head.

"Oh, my, company."

The sword screamed through the air and-- it was gone, flying high and left, stabbing down into the hard-packed ravine walls, where it stuck. A fissure, easily an inch wide and some inches deep, opened in the ground where Tam had been a second before, but she was no longer there. She had dodged, not well, but enough to save her life.

The stranger turned from the wolf and faced the two women. "You still have your arm. Lucky, lucky."
Characters... You know you're curious...
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6639

Sponsor

Brimstone
Assassin
Assassin

Post by Brimstone »

"We were gonna do that anyway!" She shouts, but too late. Shes gone, and getting her ass kick. Nightflower swore under her breath and drew her two daggers from their sheaths. They looked as if they were made from the same bone that the handle and hilt was made of. She baseball slid underneath the mage, coming up beside him and driving her daggers towards his chest. "Guess I'm gonna have to kill you myself" She growled.

FreedomFighter
Thief
Thief

Post by FreedomFighter »

The mage looked marginally surprised at Nightflower's sudden attack, but he reacted quickly, blocking with a short blade of his own-- strangely curved, and gleaming with a foul green aura-- and retreated a step. "Hmm... A dragon. Unexpected, but not truly bothersome," he muttered to himself, dagger slanted towards Nightflower. He snickered; the wolf behind them lunged sideways as the mouth of the cavern crumbled in on itself, jagged teeth of rock crashing to the ravine floor. The wolf charged the mage, who knocked him aside with a flick of his paw (apparently uninterested in killing him at just that moment), and turned back to Nightflower. "As enjoyable as this has been, I have what I came for. Ta." He waved at them.

Tam looked from the mage to Nightflower and lunged. The knife that had been in the mage's hand plunged into Tam's abdomen, just below her ribcage. He tugged it back using a heretofore unseen chain attached to the hilt. "Huh. Good reflexes. How fun!" Giggling, the mage swung the dagger on the chain. Tam stumbled into Nightflower, forced her back; the knife thudded into the sand where they had just been. "Excellent reflexes. Hmm." He swung the knife on the chain, considering the two, then laughed and turned his back. "You might want to see to her. The poor thing could really die!"

Tam spat blood in the sand.

Brimstone
Assassin
Assassin

Post by Brimstone »

Nightflower snarled at the man when he blocked the attack. She kept her ground when suddenly Tam charged and like the fucking idiot she was, got stabbed. Catching her She looked up to see the man was gone as fast as he arrived. "Well there's one less problem I have to fucking deal with. Now I just gotta deal with your stupid ass" She growled, reaching into her bag. Oddly enough she handed her a small bit of the meat she carried around. "Eat that, it will help" She said, now wrapping a bandage around her stomach. She sat there swearing the whole time, hoping to the powers that be she didn't puncture any of her organs. That would be lucky wouldn't it...

FreedomFighter
Thief
Thief

Post by FreedomFighter »

Tam propped herself up and scrubbed blood from her chin. She could taste copper, which in her experience was never a good sign. She wiped the back of her mouth with her paw. The bandage Nightflower was wrapping around her was staunching the blood, but it did little for the vulgar yellow-green glow of the wound. Tam did not like that at all. She took the jerky, however, and ate it, her stomach churning all the while. Strength filled her body. It was obviously no ordinary meat, but she could only hope it would counteract whatever was on the necromancer's blade. Tam finished the portion and lay back, swallowing down the copper taste. "You alright?"

The whole point of that (admittedly) stupid move was to protect Nightflower. As far as Tam could see she was fine, but she had no idea. If she had been nicked, and the blade was poisoned (as Tam was beginning to suspect) neither of them was going to leave the ravine. Needless to say, that prospect was not appealing. Tam rested for a moment, working up her power, and pushed up onto her elbows. The necromancer was gone... and so were the bodies. He was harvesting again, no doubt about it. Tam laid her paw over her wound; Nightflower was still working at it.

A strange full-body shudder ratcheted through Tam, from her feet to her ears and back. For a second, everything went grey and fuzzy at the edges, swimming in swampy black-and-white. Blood had been soaking through the bandage until it was heavy and red, but the bleeding seemed to slow, until it had dried up completely. Tam's world shrank to a pinpoint, bright and hot and awful, then expanded again with a woosh. She dropped, turned her head to the side, and retched.

She lay for a bit, her breath sticky in her lungs.

Brimstone
Assassin
Assassin

Post by Brimstone »

Nightflower racked the 200 years of knowledge in her until she thought of something. "This poison looks familiar... And your really going to hate me..." She said, picking Tam up. They had only a few moments before the camp showed up and that would not be good. She started moving, grabbing her gear she seems to be moving towards someplace rather... scary. She enters a cave not far off and webs litter the walls "I know I know... But this will work to stop the poison" She said... She also hoped...

She laid her down and made a few clicking sounds. Soon enough, a spider the size of her torso scuttled out of the darkness, looking at them. She drew one of her daggers as the thing came close. "Stay calm... Stay perfectly calm or you will let them ALL know we are here" She growled to Tam, dispite not knowing if she was of this world.

FreedomFighter
Thief
Thief

Post by FreedomFighter »

Tam struggled to keep her eyes open and her mind somewhat conscious. She immediately noticed they were moving, but she wasn't certain where they were going. All she could really do was hope that Nightflower knew what she was doing. Nightflower was strong for her size, if she could carry Tam, she needed to be. Tam was no lightweight, and at present she was completely limp and useless. Deadweight was an excellent word for how she felt just then. Her eyes were gummed over like they had been that morning, but it was making it difficult to keep her eyes open. It was not a pleasant feeling.

Tam felt rocks beneath her back and heard Nightflower move away. It was dark, so she guessed they were in a cave (she hoped there were no spiders, because dark spaces were full of them). She heard a clicking sound; probably Nightflower doing something, but she was damned if she knew what. What exactly would she gain by clicking while Tam lay bleeding a few feet away.

Then she heard a scuttling sound. That sound was like a sound she had heard before, but amplified many times, like an animal with too many legs moving fast. Tam stiffened. She couldn't run.

Brimstone
Assassin
Assassin

Post by Brimstone »

Nightflower cut the first one in half "Not you... You..." She growled, clicking again. The first one... Was small compared to this one. "That's it..." She said keeping her dagger out, ready to cut when she needed to. This could only happen for a moment so she needed to be fast. The "Clicking" of this things legs sounded like four Nightflowers were walking around and one could feel the magical energy radiating off this thing. "Keep perfectly still, or I'm gonna fuck up and your REALLY gonna die" She growled, clicking again. The spiders eight eyes looked Tam right in the face,it'shot breath smelling like death. It's hand sized mandibles where lightly scraping against her chest and neck, before two venomous fangs came out and stuck her in the chest.

A few moments later, Nightflower leaped forward, cutting the fangs of the spider, severing it's head and putting her dagger in it's sheath before picking up tam and running. The spiders chased them, but not very far as the sand was still hot to the touch. "Alright Tam, that should keep you alive until we get to the hotel. Just stay alive or I'll feed you to the spiders" She said jogging towards the town. Thankfully, Nightflower was a reptile and didn't need all that much water.

FreedomFighter
Thief
Thief

Post by FreedomFighter »

Tam wanted to screech, but as it was, she could barely move. Her joints felt strangely stiff and raging hot, like they were being held over a fire pit. Nightflower had left her in a cavern full of massive spiders, for what purpose she didn't know. Given her feelings about small spiders, she was certainly not interested in making nice with any bigger ones. She heard a wet splat, then another and another. Tam's paws twitched, digging into the loose sand of the cave floor. She did not like where this was going. She tried to swallow past the glob of blood in her throat, but it stuck, and she had to turn her head aside and spit. The leather armor was chafing her neck fur. She strained her eyes, opening them as far as she could, willing her vision to clear enough that she could see what was coming toward her... and what Nightflower was encouraging. She tilted her head forward and focused all of her energy on seeing.

It was a spider. It was the size of a market stand, stumping slowly towards her as it evaluated the danger of the situation. Nightflower stood off to one side, her daggers sticky with green spider slime, but she was doing nothing about the big one.

"Night...flower...!" Tam hissed, her voice cracking. Her heart pounded inside her as she tried to haul herself back, but her body wouldn't cooperate. Nothing was moving when she wanted it to. She shut her eyes, gathered herself, tried again. Her legs twitched, but she didn't get anywhere. The spider lifted a colossal leg and planted it beside her knee. Its fangs glistened with venom. Tam whimpered. It stood over her, inspecting her with too many eyes, maneuvering with too many legs. Tam was frozen with terror. It paused over her chest, fangs grazing her throat, then it crabbed back a foot or so and bit down.

Tam's eyes flew open. The venom that coursed through her veins now was flame in liquid form, scorching the insides of her veins black and ripping her apart. She screamed, long and loud, her voice ringing from wall to wall and back again so it sounded like hundreds of Tams were screaming together.

Then everything dropped away.

Brimstone
Assassin
Assassin

Post by Brimstone »

Nightflower kicked the door tothe inn in and moved through the building and right through to her room. She placed Tam on the bad and literally cut the armor off her body, leaving Tam laying on the bed naked. She went into her bag and pulled out a small bottle, a very thin hollow needle, and a tube, connecting it all up into an IV system and sticking it into her main vein. She should start waking up in a few moements...

FreedomFighter
Thief
Thief

Post by FreedomFighter »

Tam woke some time later, conscious of her lack of clothing. She could feel something in her arm, dripping into her veins, but the pain had faded to a persistent ache that settled behind her eyes and pulsed with relentless abandon. For a while she kept her eyes tight shut against the light, which felt as though it were jabbing through her skull with sabers, but eventually she could no longer sate her curiosity. She turned her head and opened her eyes. Nightflower was lurking, as was her wont, but she seemed annoyed, or at the very least inconvenienced. That mattered very little now. The necromancer was harvesting again. That had to be Tam's main priority.

The muscles in her chest burned faintly as she shifted, testing the extent of her injuries. There was no doubt the poisons had begun to leave her system, but she was still bleeding badly. If she was correct, an organ had been punctured, but at this point she was unsure which one. The bandage over her belly was heavy with blood, but the blood was running clean and bright red, a sign that the foulness the necromancer had left in her was leeching away.

Tam looked at Nightflower with bloodshot eyes. "We need to find him. He's doing it again. He's a danger to everyone in Kahun-- maybe even in all of Feila." Her voice sounded dry and rusty like an old hinge, but she spoke despite the discomfort.

Brimstone
Assassin
Assassin

Post by Brimstone »

Nightflower scoffed "Why the fuck should I help you after that stupid fucking stunt you pulled back there? I should left you for dead! We had an agreement that YOU listen to ME! Now look where we are! Your poisoned, I had one option to keep you alive long enough to get you here, and now you wanna go out to kill the guy who ALMOST KILLED YOU!" She shrieked! "You Run down the cliff after I told you not too, you attack someone in the base openly after I told you not too, THEN! YOU GET STABBED JUMPING INFRONT OF A KNIFE" She screamed before reaching over and planting a kiss right on Tams lips. This was a very real kiss, not a "I want information kiss". After a few moments she pulled away panting "Don't you EVER to anything so stupidly brave again do you hear me?" She said standing up straight. "Now get your rest and I'll be over here. ((... Oh btw ur preggerz))

FreedomFighter
Thief
Thief

Post by FreedomFighter »

Tam stood still for a second, then said, "So you admit it was brave?" because she was a stupid vixen and a sucker for punishment, and also because she had only been kissed once, on a dare, when she was still a cub. The rant was not something she had ever seen from Nightflower (or ever thought she'd see), even in the brief time she had known her. Up until that point, she had not thought Nightflower would show strong feelings to a companion-- Nightflower obviously preferred keeping her secrets to herself, so getting emotional was not something she would allow herself to do. Tam was confused by this outward display, but that was all in a very compartmentalized portion of her brain that was currently overridden by the part screeched "YOU WERE JUST KISSED BY A FEMALE ASSASSIN".

Up until this point Tam had had very little interest in romance of any kind. While she looked fairly masculine and acted the part, she was not interested in women and the few men she had briefly thought about pursuing had ending up at the wrong end of her sword for various sundry offenses. This was new territory for her; she liked Nightflower, but she wasn't certain she liked her romantically.

Brimstone
Assassin
Assassin

Post by Brimstone »

Nightflower sighed "Yes, it was Brave... Stupid beyond anything I have ever seen before but brave all the same" She said, pulling out her daggers and cleaning them. The whole thing seemed to be made out of a bone... Or if you looked closely, a tooth. The way she cleaned it was meticulous and precise, almost as it was a child she was looking after. If you started to look closely you would notice that all her equipment shared one thing in common... It was all scaled similarly to the way she was scaled. even her pouches seemed to be scaled, but those were a slightly lighter shade of white. She looked sad cleaning the stuff actually, turning the mother looking after a child, to a person mourning a family member.

FreedomFighter
Thief
Thief

Post by FreedomFighter »

Tam leaned close to examine the daggers. "I've never seen anything like that before. I remember you said that your armor was your father's, but these... were these his too?" While she was thinking about it, she suddenly straightened. "I left my mother's sword at the ravine! Stupid, stupid, stupid!"

During the fight with the mage, he had knocked the blade out of Tam's paw, and she had been so busy trying not to get carved up like a holiday goose that she hadn't had time to retrieve it. Then, when the mage had attacked Nightflower, she had been too distracted to. Now she was laid up for however long healing, and her mother's good sword, her mother's Captain's sword, was stuck in a cliff wall out in the middle of the desert. All in all, the only reason the day wasn't a total bust was that Nightflower wasn't dead. Tam scrubbed her paws down her haggard face. "I have to go back and get that sword. Damn." She laid back on the mattress, wincing at the pain in her belly. She couldn't believe she had forgotten it. That was the best sword in Ashington.

Her mother had given it to her and taken a regular guard's sword for herself, a gesture towards the safety of her precious cub. Tam always saw it as one warrior to another, her mother passing her legacy to Tam to protect and serve others as Captain MacBride continued to do in Tam's hometown. Losing the blade was not an acceptable option.