Welcome to the World of Feila!

Image

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Trouble on the Docks (Vincent)

This is where all of the medieval Yamaha role-plays are archived.
hawkbitz
Thief
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:04 pm

Trouble on the Docks (Vincent)

Post by hawkbitz » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:28 am

Tarra watched the small pleothera of fishing boats sailing out to sea for the afternoon fishing, her footfalls light on the wood-soft jetty she treaded. Under one arm she carried a bulky package: fresh fish from the makeshift market on the outer docks, just come in that morning. It was a substantial amount, enough for lunch for her brother and her, and then dinner for her entire family tonight when Stefan and Lily came home from their various occupations. Life was lived one day at a time for the Wrenrunner family, but it was getting better day by day too, and Tarra had no complaint about that.

She was off-duty today. Something had caused a massive upheaval in the Palace yesterday, and whatever it was had left the 'upper ones' in a chaos of communications, and the runners in a flurry of urgent messages. The work had kept her busy until well after nightfall, and even caused one of the older runners to collapse on the way up the stairs at speed for the thirtieth time in two hours. She herself returned home bone-weary and sheer exhuasted, and with the instruction from the supervisor of runners that she was to take the next day off. A new shift of runners would take over for today, and she would be back on duty by tommorrow.

A mixed throng of felines and canines, sailors by their gab, strolled past her. She dodged aside to avoid their lewd stares and raucous comments, and broke into a light trot, long legs easily placing distance between them. A lone girl on the docks was generally an easy target for all manner of things, but Tarra had no older brothers or male friends to back her up. Which was why she came here rarely, and always in the bright daytime, with her tongfas already equipped along her arms and in plain sight. It made her errands that much more cumbersome, but was preferable to kidnap, or mugging, or any other number of things.

She slackened her pace to a languid walk again, eyes glancing up and down the pier. Her gaze lit on a brown-cloaked figure lagging alongside the railing, and a slight frown knit her brows. She had seen that brown-clothed feline before, somewhere....in fact, just ten minutes ago. He had been behind her then. How was it, then, that he was ahead of her now?

Fur prickled along the back of her neck. She glanced back, quickly, and saw the scattered forms of other passersbys who had been lounging caually along the jetty begin to move towards her. She had seen this happen before, years ago when she came to the docks with Stefan and Lily to see a friend, and knew what was about to come next. The cloaked figure in front, a puma, was likewise starting to shift outwards, directly across her path. Blocking her escape.

Tarra clenched her teeth and made her decision. She took a deep breath, held it in as she tucked the fish package securely against her chest, her tongfas tight against her arms. Then an explosion of speed turned the young cheetah into a streaked blur of black and tan as she bolted into the spece still open to her. She saw the puma pounce from the corner of her eye, saw his paw reach for her. She struck out blindly with her right hand, the tongfa snapping against wristbone and fingers, slowing her momentarily as a yowling scream of pain slammed into her ears. She twisted to clear him, spotted another shape closing from the left, and leapt hard to avoid the grasping canine with his snarling jaws.

Then she was in the clear, and running. But she was not out of danger yet. She could hear the pursuit behind her, at least four sets of footpaws drumming the jetty and raising shouts of consternation through the midday crowd. The package she clutched slowed her, and its bulk unbalanced her strides. Tarra could have outrun them and then run them in many merry circles if she had been unburdened, but she had just spent all of yesterday's salary on food to last for a whole day, and she could not let go of it. She would have to rely on her agility and her wits this time. Feet pounding, arms hurting, lungs beginning to burn, she forced herself to focus on the crowd, picking the trickest spots to skitter through and attempt to lose herself willy-nilly in the throngs.
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2807]Caladriel Clawfast[/url]
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2806]Tarra Wrenrunner[/url]
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2812]Shylah Raleigh Ukita[/url]

[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2809]Battle Statistics[/url]

[i](If you would like to RP with any of my charries, feel free to drop me a PM!)[/i]

Sponsor
 

User avatar
n00b678
Omnipresence
Posts: 4934
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:57 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Fox
Location: Out of this world :p
Contact:

Post by n00b678 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:22 am

(O.O...Wow, you put up a very large post *is not used to posting that long* I'll give it a shot though. Oh, and I hope you don't mind but I do need to powerplay your character but only for a few seconds. You'll see what I mean.)

It seemed the gods were looking down at her, watching as the chase progressed. They felt for her plight, so they arranged a meeting for her that would increase her chances of getting away. They decided to put a young but experienced fighter in the way of her path that she could run in to. And by the way, when I say that, I mean it quite literally.

Humming a lovely melody to himself, a young fox by the name of Vincent was walking down the dirt path, surrounded by the trees on either side. His attire was not uncommon: beige commoner pants; an old pair of dark-brown boots to match; a long sleeve shirt of beige with the sleeves rolled up; a sort of vest that went over it that was a hue of green and was tied with a cloth sash; a pair of dark-brown bracers that went around the wrists and were made of cloth; and a large cloak that kept close to his person, hiding his weapons and possessions underneath. The fox himself was young, only sixteen years of age, but he was a dangerous creature, though a kind one at the same time. The only thing that looked odd about the fox was what was on his back: a strange case that was shaped somewhat like what would hold a mandolin, but the half that would hold the body was much too large for a mandolin, and was almost shaped like a fat eight. Inside it was a beautiful instrument called a guitar, though the guitar would not come around until much later in this time.

Vincent had been walking down the long windy path towards the very docks Tarra had gone to and then fled from when he heard the sudden beating of footpaws on the hard dirt road. Gently gripping the katana under his sea-worn cloak, he turned the next corner...and walked right into Tarra, who was fleeing in his direction. Vincent was knocked off balance and hit the ground with a thud, landing on his back which sent shockwaves throughout his body. However, Vincent quickly got to his feet and shook off the impact of her running at full speed.

Vincent had been on a pirate-hunting ship known as the Destiny, captained by a man who's life was spent in the endless pursuit of pirates and evildoers on the oceans, no matter how hard they tried to get away. It was this very captain that had taken in Vincent when he had first come to these lands, with only the strange instrument he had left behind on the road, and had trained him in the ways of seafaring and swordplay, and his lean build definitely showed for it. For all one knew, the fox could be a bodyguard.

That didn't scare these thugs at all, who numbered seven in all, drew their crude, rusty daggers and short swords. The cloaked feline pointed out at Vincent with a lithe hand that held the best weapon out of them, a lovely kama that had probably been stolen from someone else. He spoke with his voice thick of authority, "Stand aside, stranger, or we'll be forced to hurt you along with the girl." Vincent did a sort of turn towards the fallen feline that he had ran into, giving her a small smile, then turned back towards the villains with a smile that seemed much more menacing than friendly,

"I'm afraid you'll have to kill me first to get to her, a feat easier said than done. So, are you going to take me by yourself or send your lackies after me?" The puma was almost shocked by this young lad's audacity, but quickly regained his composure and merely motioned with his paw. Two of the bandits grinned and charged right at Vincent, but they didn't really get to use their weapons. Vincent waited for the last possible second, then struck like lightning.

He drew forth the most beautiful weapon out of all the furs present: an incredibly crafted full-length katana, still as sharp as the day Vincent received it. Etched on the blade was the fox's very name, something that the craftsman had done when forging the sword, but that had been 500 years ago, before Vincent ever came to these lands. It was as if someone had known he was going to arrive here, and would need a weapon, and it seemed that the very weapon Vincent was using was specifically made for his paw.

That very sword struck the two bandits in rapid succession with the flat of the blade, flooring them and knocking them unconscious to the ground. Vincent looked up and smiled, "That was too easy." The puma growled and sent the rest of his minions after Vincent, though they fell in the same manner. The fox was just too quick, too superior in the ways of combat. After a few moments, Vincent had defeated all of the bandits, save for the puma.

After seeing all his comrades in crime being defeated, the puma took off before Vincent could do anything about it. Sheathing his sword, he turned to Tarra and asked, "Are you alright?"

hawkbitz
Thief
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:04 pm

Post by hawkbitz » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:45 am

(OOC> lol, you didn't have to, I'm purposely writing long because it's an introductory post and I'm trying to get more gold to buy weapons. But I really appreciate the effort you've put into replying, you've done a really nice post too. Vincent is one cool charrie - he reminds me a bit of Vincent from FF7, in fact :) )


The impact of the collision flung Tarra back and to the ground, the partly crushed package spilling fish bits all over her tunic and shorts. Dazed, she fumbled her way back onto her elbows, staring groggily at the red fox standing over her. It was an instant longer before she realized what had happened, and panic took over. With a squeak, she stumbled to her knees, tongfas raised and ready for a final, desparate fight.

She didn't know the fox who stood before her, and certainly didn't know that he was not part of the gang that had been after her. As far as the young cheetah knew, he was part of it all, and had managed to block her escape. He certainly looked the part, with his lean and muscular build. She braced herself to face him...until the puma who had been pursuing her spoke from behind her. Tarra whirled, still on one knee, her eyes wide with fear, and one ear twitched back as the fox still standing over her spoke.

"I'm afraid you'll have to kill me first to get to her, a feat easier said than done. So, are you going to take me by yourself or send your lackies after me?"

He was going to defend her. It was several seconds before Tarra fully understood what he was saying, and by then the first two thugs were already moving on him. She stared back up at him. No, don't, she wanted say, they'll kill you. But no sound would come out of her fear-dry throat and open mouth.

Nor was there any need for it. The young cheetah watched, amazed, as Vincent set to his task with an effortless ease that spoke only too clearly of experience and skill combined. She blinked, again and again, hardly able to reckon the display of skill, until the last ruffian had turned tail and run with his tail between his legs. Still partially stunned by everything that had just happened, she remained on one knee, staring after the vanishing puma long after the time needed to ascertain he was indeed running away. Until a voice broke through her bewilderment.

"Are you alright?"

Tarra's eyes snapped back to the red fox. She blinked, yet again, and stood slowly with a small wince. She would carry a few bruises from the untimely collision, and what had been one of her best tunics was now fishy with whatever had leaked from the package. But she was in one piece. She nodded gravely to the fox, and a small smile traced her features.

"Yes, sir, I'm fine. Or I will be, now that you've put paid to them."

She glanced back down the street, and shuddered, "Dunno' what they would have done to me. But that was some great fighting there. You must be a master swordsman of some sort."
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2807]Caladriel Clawfast[/url]
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2806]Tarra Wrenrunner[/url]
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2812]Shylah Raleigh Ukita[/url]

[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2809]Battle Statistics[/url]

[i](If you would like to RP with any of my charries, feel free to drop me a PM!)[/i]

User avatar
n00b678
Omnipresence
Posts: 4934
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:57 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Fox
Location: Out of this world :p
Contact:

Post by n00b678 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:46 am

(Ohhh I wouldn't say I'm that good, I just made sure there was a lot to the post *chuckles* I can't really say much here, but I could make it two paragraphs or so ^-^)

Vincent smiled softly and listened to the young cheetah quietly, taking a quick moment to look her over. He judged that she was about his age if not a bit younger, and she had a lithe but well-worked body from the looks of it. Vincent knew that it wasn't important right now, but she did have lovely features to go along with her body, which had probably provoked those ruffians to go after her like that. Then again, this port wasn't very famous for its women, so that was probably another factor.

What was more important was the fact that she was covered in the food she had been carrying when he ran straight into her. Though Vincent had a bump on his head, he didn't really care at the moment. He was more concerned for the young cheetah who was now talking to him. He listened quietly and then chuckled at the last sentence, "Oh, I'm good, I'll admit, but I'm no master." He motioned to the food, "Sorry about the mess. I can get you another batch of food if you want me too." Vincent had nothing more to do, so why not?

hawkbitz
Thief
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:04 pm

Post by hawkbitz » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:04 am

(OOC> No prob :) Two or three paragraphs is my preferred length too, unless I get carried away, which tends to happen fairly often, depending on the charrie :P)


Tarra smiled at Vincent's response. The fox was modest too, apparently, in addition to his skilled mastery of the katana. And he hardly looked all that old, perhaps around her age. She wondered if he spoke as such because he had some great master somewhere who was ten times better than him...or something like that. The young cheetah glanced down at the partly crushed package as he motioned towards it, and the smile became a sigh of resignation. Bending to one knee beside it, Tarra picked the bulky thing up, examing it gingerly with prodding paws.

"It still looks edible to me," she said, finally, "Good thing the monger wrapped it so well. I think we can make do with this."

She turned to look up at Vincent again, and the smile returned, "Will you be going anywhere now, Mr...eh, oh, I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name."
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2807]Caladriel Clawfast[/url]
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2806]Tarra Wrenrunner[/url]
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2812]Shylah Raleigh Ukita[/url]

[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2809]Battle Statistics[/url]

[i](If you would like to RP with any of my charries, feel free to drop me a PM!)[/i]

User avatar
n00b678
Omnipresence
Posts: 4934
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:57 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Fox
Location: Out of this world :p
Contact:

Post by n00b678 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:00 am

Vincent chuckled, "My name is Vincent. To answer your question, I really wasn't going anywhere to be honest. Though seeing as how ruffians would love to get at you, I could escort you to wherever you need to go. I'm not saying you couldn't defend yourself in a fight, but I'm sure the help would be appreciated. Oh, and I never got your name either." He still knelt, seeing eye-to-eye with her.

hawkbitz
Thief
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:04 pm

Post by hawkbitz » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:48 pm

"Vincent," the young cheetah thought a moment, "You're a travellor? Don't think I've heard your name in these parts before."

She started to stand, and levelled a smile at the fox as she hefted the package box up her, "My name's Tarra, Tarra Wrenrunner. Mi' family lives nearer the Palace, tis' where I work as a runner too."

She glanced up the street, noting how every ruffian-looking beast seemed to be delibrately avoiding her (and Vincent), and chuckled, "You're a right gentleman anyhow, Vincent. Well, I won't mind you walking me back either, it's a kind offer. Why don't you join my family for lunch too? I think my mum won't mind, and my brother'll be happy for company. He's really into fighting and stuff like that, boy's things you know?"
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2807]Caladriel Clawfast[/url]
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2806]Tarra Wrenrunner[/url]
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2812]Shylah Raleigh Ukita[/url]

[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2809]Battle Statistics[/url]

[i](If you would like to RP with any of my charries, feel free to drop me a PM!)[/i]

User avatar
n00b678
Omnipresence
Posts: 4934
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:57 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Fox
Location: Out of this world :p
Contact:

Post by n00b678 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:20 pm

Vincent spoke to answer her first question, "Yes, I am a traveler. I tend not to be known by a lot of people."

The next question she asked stunned him, and he looked quietly at Tarra, "...You'd be willing to let a stranger eat dinner with your family?" He was confused by this, not knowing many people who'd do such a thing. Vincent soon smiled and bowed his head politely, "I'd be honored to join you and your family for dinner. Thank you."

hawkbitz
Thief
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:04 pm

Post by hawkbitz » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:50 pm

Tarra chuckled as she began to lead the way down the road, still holding her package of fish carefully to prevent more from spilling, "Well, my mamma'll have a fit if she learnt I didn't invite you, after you helped me. She goes on a lot about proper manners, whether we're poor people or rich. I'm glad you accepted too, or I'll have to explain our refusal to her."

She turned a corner, leaving the docks behind them, and glanced curiously sideways at Vincent, "So, you're a travellor. I hope to travel one day too, as a trader. Where have you been on the road?"
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2807]Caladriel Clawfast[/url]
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2806]Tarra Wrenrunner[/url]
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2812]Shylah Raleigh Ukita[/url]

[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2809]Battle Statistics[/url]

[i](If you would like to RP with any of my charries, feel free to drop me a PM!)[/i]

User avatar
n00b678
Omnipresence
Posts: 4934
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:57 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Fox
Location: Out of this world :p
Contact:

Post by n00b678 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:18 am

Vincent smiled, "I'm glad I'm not causing any trouble for you..yet." He added the yet in his sentence because it was true that people like Vincent could attract unwanted attention, so that was a given. He smiled quietly as they turned the corner, "I've been on every continent except the Arctics. I went near the Arctic Islands aboard a pirate-hunting ship called the Destiny, but we tried not getting close."

hawkbitz
Thief
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:04 pm

Post by hawkbitz » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:14 pm

"Wow, you've been everywhere except the Arctics?" Tarra's eyes were wide as she glanced sideways at Vincent, conversing while she kept track of the roads and how they winded up through alleyways and sidestreets inthe general direction of the Palace, "That'll be Edwin, Gawain, the Ravens' Territory...that's a lot of places."

She chuckled, "I'll be fortunate if I ever got out of this place. Still have my pa' and my younger brother to look after, not to mention my mum. Be some years before my brother's able to earn his living, and by then he may want to move out too."
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2807]Caladriel Clawfast[/url]
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2806]Tarra Wrenrunner[/url]
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2812]Shylah Raleigh Ukita[/url]

[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2809]Battle Statistics[/url]

[i](If you would like to RP with any of my charries, feel free to drop me a PM!)[/i]

User avatar
n00b678
Omnipresence
Posts: 4934
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:57 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Fox
Location: Out of this world :p
Contact:

Post by n00b678 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:21 am

Vincent smiled softly at her as she explained her position. The girl who wanted to get out of this nowhere and see the world, but cared too much about her family to do it. Vincent had been like that before, wanting to get out of his sleepy town and go out into the world, maybe become a solo guitarist or something. Then he had ran through a stop sign that had sent him to this world and had been surviving ever since. Sometimes, the saying 'Be careful what you wish for' could really make some sense to somebody, especially Vincent.

hawkbitz
Thief
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:04 pm

Post by hawkbitz » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:55 am

The road went on before them, and Tarra was content to let the silence rest while she picked out a safe way through traffic and noisome crowds with her package. Vincent had said nothing in reply to her comment, but she didn't mind: he was probably deep in thought. They passed through a flurry of office workers running through the lunch hour, and came out on a small side-street heading into ever-thinner alleys, running along the great wall of the Palace. The young cheetah nodded as she turned up ye another winding alley, and smiled towards a tiny door just beside them.

"Here it is."

She glanced up at the rickety windows above it, and hollared sharply at the top of her voice.

"Hoy, ma, I'm home!! I've brought a friend!"
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2807]Caladriel Clawfast[/url]
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2806]Tarra Wrenrunner[/url]
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2812]Shylah Raleigh Ukita[/url]

[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2809]Battle Statistics[/url]

[i](If you would like to RP with any of my charries, feel free to drop me a PM!)[/i]

User avatar
n00b678
Omnipresence
Posts: 4934
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:57 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Fox
Location: Out of this world :p
Contact:

Post by n00b678 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:26 pm

(Are you going to be the mother?)

Vincent was not uncomfortable in the silence either. He was a quiet person anyway, so what did it matter? he smiled quietly, watching as she moved, her graceful form move down the road. She was truly a born runner. He was pretty fast, but he also had plenty of strength and endurance. Of course, he didn't run nearly as much a Tarra did. He was greeted by a few workers and store owneres who knew him, and a few guards watched them as they walked along the wall. He smiled softly as Tarra called out into the house.

hawkbitz
Thief
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:04 pm

Post by hawkbitz » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:09 am

(OOC> Yup, I'll be playing Tarra's whole family. Have fun interacting with them :) )


The window directly above the young cheetah popped open with a loud squeak, and a small furry head stuck out. The cat who looked down at them was certainly not Tarra's mother - it was far too young, and of the wrong gender. The boy raised an ear at the sight of Vincent, and then called down to Tarra in a voice that had not yet broken with puberty.

"Ma ain't home, sis, she's down at the grocer's and'll be back in five min'. Who's yer friend?"

"He helped me at the docks, fought off a bunch of thieves," she grinned at Vincent as she indicated the 11 year-old cheetah above her, "That's Kanto, my younger bro'. Hey, let us in!"

"Aye, coming!" The head disappeared back into the building, and a scamper of footpaws told of the little lad's scramble down the stairs, somewhere inside. Moments later the lock clinked, and with a multitude of squeaks the weather-beaten wooden door swung open, revealing the child with scruffy headfur and clad in a dusty patched tunic. Tarra tutted with her tongue as she ruffled his head fondly.

"Here Kanto, this is Vincent. Go wash up proper so you can eat with us, won't do to have you all mussed up at lunch!"

"Aye sis'," he grinned shyly at Vincent, "Hey, I'll see ya' later."

He turned in the doorway and vanished like a flash, as all small children were well capable of. Tarra smiled as she gestured for Vincent to enter.

"Do come in first, Ma' will be back in a bit. I expect I can get you a drink and sort the fish."
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2807]Caladriel Clawfast[/url]
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2806]Tarra Wrenrunner[/url]
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2812]Shylah Raleigh Ukita[/url]

[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=2809]Battle Statistics[/url]

[i](If you would like to RP with any of my charries, feel free to drop me a PM!)[/i]

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest