Welcome to the World of Feila!

Image

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

All Ashore! (Open and ready!)

This is where all of the medieval Yamaha role-plays are archived.
Locked
Kitsunegami
Marquis
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:06 pm
Gender: Female
Species: Kitsune

All Ashore! (Open and ready!)

Post by Kitsunegami » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:43 am

Tira LaBlanc had docked her ship at the port in Hoshiruki earlier in the day, then made sure her foreign ale and spirits were unloaded to the Silver Sands Restaurant. That was the primary cargo she brought to Yamaha in exchange for Yamahan spirits, and some of the unique crafts of Yamaha. Today happened to be the start of a week-long festival celebrating the blooming of the cherry blossoms, so the crew got extended shore leave...

"Heh, they spend all their time in the sake houses and the equivalent to taverns while I simply gather more business for the next trip back. Oh, to be without a care beyond when the next shore leave is. Hehehe. So, Master Xiao, you wanted this cane from the fine wood craftsmen of Domus, correct? I am honored to present this to you. I made sure it was to your specifications, though I am trained with the fencing blade. I believe it will meet all of your standards my old teacher." Tira said, at first, looking over the railing of the restaurant, then pulling out the cane and offering it to Yaoling Xiao, her fencing instructor, with a respectful bow, speaking in Yamahan the whole time.

The old feline smiled, and spoke in Yamahan, "You were my finest student. The blade was an extension of your arm before you ever touched it. I am the one who is honored to have been your teacher. I have seen you as my equal for some time now child. There is no need for you to bow so deeply to me. Come, have some tea with me so that we may discuss the tales of your travels." the old feline walked with his new cane, and then sat at a small table with 2 small cups and a teapot.

After about 2 hours, Tira returned to The Siren, and went into her quarters. "I wonder if I will have time to visit mother and father at the estate this time." she said to herself as she drifted off to sleep. Mr. Gibbs and 5 others were on The Siren, watching over the vessel and their captain as she slept. Nothing can get past the vigilant Mr. Gibbs while he is on duty. 1/3 of the crew still slept in their quarters while watch shifts were kept filled by 6 members.

The night passed without incident...

Sponsor
 

Rexus
Thief
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:00 am
Location: Georgia
Contact:

Post by Rexus » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:54 am

Alonzo sat down on the dock of port Hoshiruki. It was morning time, the sun had just started rising over the horizon casting a sort of orange glow over port Hoshiruki. He had just arrived in town and was hoping to find a ship that would allow him passage so he could get off Yamaha. There was some sort of festival going on and he doubted anyone would want to leave. Hundreds of people of all kinds crowded the streets, merchants of sold nic nacs and other exotic commodities. All the buildings were cover with all sorts of fancy and colorful decorations. Hopefully this festival would be over soon so he could find a ship and crew that would allow him to travel with them. He got off the deck and walked over to ask one of the locals on the street about the festival. "excuse me" he said taping the shoulder of a young canine women, hopefully then women didn't only speak Yamahan.

The women looked him over carefully before responding "yes?". "can...can you tell when this festival will....will be over?" Alonzo asked almost afraid of what the answer. The women looked shocked "The festival is all week long today is the second day, but why would want to be over it's celebration!" she shouted turning back to the parade that just had started in the streets.

Alonzo sighed that was the answer that he didn't want to hear. He went back to the docks and sat down on the edge of the dock with he feet hanging over barely skimming the water. There was a time when he would have loved to be here during a celebration. He hands started to shake uncontrollably and he started look around weary of anyone. He didn't like to stay one place for long but there nothing he really could do either stay here and wait for festival to be over or continue wandering all over Yamaha
Last edited by Rexus on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?p=66813#66813
Morte Lathandes
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?p=66979#66979
Isaac Alexander Mahath
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=3601
Alonzo Cross

Luminare
Cub
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Kansas

Post by Luminare » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:03 am

Luminare awoke to the smells of a ship in port early in the morning. Most his his crew mates still slept on. Deciding it would be better now than never to begin his exploration, he clad himself with cloak and satchel, also deciding he'd might as well bring his sword. "Just in case." he told himself.

One crewmate in particular had been piquing his curiosity on the journey, A Hyena by the name of...Alfonzo, no, Alonzo! That was it. He never spoke to him, but Luminare sometimes thought he was unhinged...He shrugged the thought away and prepared to walk ashore.

Striding onto the dock, Luminare inhaled the morning air. This was why he endured the long voyages at sea. Yamaha was a beautiful place, and he'd heard tell it became doubly so during this Cherry Blossom festival. He couldn't wait. Alas, another duty called to him, and he'd soon climbed to a spot high above. Ignoring the amused stares, Luminare produced a solid block of parchment, a quill, and an inkwell. Leaning back against the rail of the building, he brought down the quill and began his work.
"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts."
-William Shakespeare

Leonal
Assassin
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:41 am
Gender: Male
Location: Rockin' Out on Stage

Post by Leonal » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:11 am

Leonal had been wandering around the town for a few days now, it caught his attention that there was some sort of celebration. He was curious about it and decided he will stay in Yamaha all week long because of it. So far Leonal has been having a good time singing,dancing,drinking, and gambling it was what he had done for the past two days. But of course as Leonal usually did when there were drinks around, he drank as much as he could getting drunk and causing all sorts of disruptions.

Leonal was walking along the docks when he saw the ship, he looked at it for some time into continuing his walk. He had never been in Yamaha or even knew someone in Yamaha but it's always nice to go somewhere you have never been before. Or is it? Leonal grew tired he hadn't slept in a long time he grabbed a chair on the dock and began to sleep in it.
Characters

http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=3528&highlight= -Leonal

http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?p=66542&highlight=#66542 -Oswald

Kitsunegami
Marquis
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:06 pm
Gender: Female
Species: Kitsune

Post by Kitsunegami » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:03 pm

In the morning, Tira awoke at the usual time, and dressed herself in a traditional (chinese) fashion for the festival, and wore a festive mask. that covered all of her face with exception to her muzzle. "Malcom, I expect you to keep my ship in order while Mr. Gibbs is sleeping, or while he takes his shore leave. I'll be visiting old friends and family while I'm here." She said to the hawk avian.

"Aye Capt'n. She'll be safe under my watch. You just rest your mind about The Siren." Malcom said as Tira left the ship to go into the city.

"I'll hold you to that Malcom." She said, waving back to the crew.

Luminare
Cub
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Kansas

Post by Luminare » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:57 pm

Luminare had been sketching be near a few hours now, taking in every detail of the countryside he could on one piece of parchment, jotting down the locations of buildings, streets, and others of the like on another.

Deciding he might as well give himself a break, he rolled up his work and carefully placed them within his satchel. He then carefully climbed down. A few moments later he was making his way back towards the ship, stretching. He felt suddenly hungry.

Great, he thought, I have to board that blasted ship again.... Luminare didn't care much at all for sea travel. When he got off a ship he stayed off it until he absolutely had to get on again.

Sighing resignedly, Luminare made his way back onto the dock.
"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts."
-William Shakespeare

Leonal
Assassin
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:41 am
Gender: Male
Location: Rockin' Out on Stage

Post by Leonal » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:15 pm

Leonal woke up and looked around him, nothing appeared to change he was a bit hungry and thirsty so he started wandering around for any pub or bar. Leonal scratched his head and looked back at the chair he slept in and grabbed his bandana that he left behind. "Ugghhh is there anything to eat around here?" Leonal asked himself. "Perhaps the fellow there knows a place to eat." Leonal said and walked towards Luminaire. "Oi! You know any place to eat around here Im starving!"
Characters

http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=3528&highlight= -Leonal

http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?p=66542&highlight=#66542 -Oswald

Luminare
Cub
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Kansas

Post by Luminare » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:53 am

Luminare stares, a little wide-eyed, at the leopard addressing him.

"Err, No, actually, I don't; but I've got a satchel full of assorted meals if freshness isn't a concern."

Oh well, best to eat through the lot before the mold gets to it...

He makes his way back onto the ship, beckoning the leopard to follow.
"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts."
-William Shakespeare

Leonal
Assassin
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:41 am
Gender: Male
Location: Rockin' Out on Stage

Post by Leonal » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:35 am

Leonal blinked and looked at the ship. "You work on that ship?" He asked looking at it and following Luminaire at the same time. "Eh I've worked on a few ships, the experience is so...enchnating in my opinion." Leonal said with a grin on his face.
Characters

http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=3528&highlight= -Leonal

http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?p=66542&highlight=#66542 -Oswald

Luminare
Cub
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Kansas

Post by Luminare » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:01 pm

Luminare furrows his brow. "Work on it? Gods no, I'm just a cartographer; I can't stand the sea travels myself." he says. "Not that the sea and the ship aren't beautiful in their own right, but by the Triad is it boring."

He moves up the boarding ramp, bag swinging merrily at his side. "I just always pack for long journeys is all. Mind, it'll be mildew soon, so eat as much as you like."
"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts."
-William Shakespeare

Kitsunegami
Marquis
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:06 pm
Gender: Female
Species: Kitsune

Post by Kitsunegami » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:03 pm

Malcom looks at the furs on the docks and those on the deck, "Well, snap-to-it! Start unloading the cargo, the clients are waiting! If you're not gonna work, get off The Siren, Captain's orders."

Having said that, Malcom looks at the manifest at what is to be unloaded at this port and begins coordinating the crew and the dock workers. He is in charge of The Siren as long as Mr. Gibbs is asleep, and Captain LaBlanc is doing business off of the ship.

Luminare
Cub
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Kansas

Post by Luminare » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:22 pm

...of course that little "clause" had slipped Luminare's mind as he boarded the vessel. Every ship on the sea seemed to have one...

"Ah, dammit. Looks like it'll have to wait" he says to Leonel. He moves over to Malcolm. "Just point me in the right direction and tell me what to haul," he adds, removing his satchel and placing it out of the way.
"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts."
-William Shakespeare

Leonal
Assassin
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:41 am
Gender: Male
Location: Rockin' Out on Stage

Post by Leonal » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:09 am

(Ah dammit hopefully I didn't stall this rp :( ))

Leonal looked at what was happening seems they're just unloading cargo from the ship. 'A merchant vessel eh some fine goods could be on the ship.' Leonal thought to himself. But Leonal knew he wasn't a good thief. Oh no hes just one fur and looking around him there were many furs that could notice him taking something.

So Leonal decided against he sat on a barrel waiting for Luminaire to come back.
Characters

http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=3528&highlight= -Leonal

http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?p=66542&highlight=#66542 -Oswald

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest