Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Split Hares

This is where all of the medieval Yamaha role-plays are archived.
Ziger
Baron

Re: Split Hares

Post by Ziger » Fri May 21, 2010 10:54 pm

Gen's eyes never left the reaper, listening intently and awed by this new found knowledge. "I have a brother," the dumbfounded hare mumbled to himself, as if it wasn't enough to hear it three times already. Leaving the physical plane, Gen noticed something that made him gasp in realization. "Th-this is the same as in my dreams! Blue smoke, but there is so much more of it!" The hare spun around in every direction, taking in the world around him. Gen had never been to the land of the ravens, yet it all seemed so familiar. Now pristine and clean, he bounced around, wanting to explore the world of the past. "Can we see them? I want to see my family back before they knew I was coming!"

Sponsor

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Fri May 21, 2010 11:56 pm

What came into view was a very large broad shouldered snowshoe hare with rather thick fur. At the time of departure, the hare's winter fur was in, and a stark white with black ear tips. he was wearing short trousers and a thin cloth shirt, quite a contrast to the thick clothes the wife was wearing. he the tallest of the three, a full head taller than his wife, a desert hare, soft reddish brown with short fur, a slender young thing wearing a loose dress that goes down to half way between ankles and knees, hair loose down around her shoulders. And a smaller an all white hare, half as tall as his mother, and always excited to follow his father around. he wears what ever his parents could find, the little fella growing too fast for them to keep up. There, that small hare is your brother Gree'Toft, Gen. Aiden said.
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

Ziger
Baron

Post by Ziger » Sat May 22, 2010 10:04 am

Bounding around in this astral plain, Gen was almost unnaturally bubbly. 'I haven't felt this excited in a long time! Not since I followed that lady hare all the way to-' He stopped mid thought, and wondered if his blush showed through the astral body, and hoped that the thought projection was limited to words, and not images. Discarding the memory, Gen returned to standing near the reaper, almost at a clingy distance right behind Aiden. Then he saw him.

Silver eyes opened wide at the snowshoe hare that stood before him, mouth agape as every detail was recorded in memory. It was the first time Gen had ever seen his father, and it amazed the child. Emotions Gen had never thought dwelled inside him now came to the surface. He wanted to cry. This was what he had been missing for the past twenty two years of his life. A father. Ghostly hand reached out to touch the white rabbit, but Gen choked when he passed through. "I'm not sure I want to do this any more..." came a whimpering plea of a voice.

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Sat May 22, 2010 10:48 am

Aiden asked, "You wish to stop now? We can, but if you really want we could become part of this past...That hare, your brother is connected to you as you are to him. The runes that you had eaten when you were a child has made this so..." Aiden shows the runes in front of the Gen and Jerard, "And Jerard don't try and copy them, the runes won't work for you anyway." Jerard was shocked and grumbled as he returned the card and the feather pen that he had in his paws into his pocket. Aiden looked at gen, "Like I was saying because of this runes you could be your brother, if you do this you won't be able to change anything that your brother has done already. You will be able to feel how he felt, see what he saw, and think what he thought. It is totally up to you though, you will be two separate souls and I could bring you out of him when ever you wanted....though it is totally up to you, Gen."

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Ziger
Baron

Post by Ziger » Sat May 22, 2010 11:00 am

Gen's began to pick apart the options in his mind, his thoughts becoming an indecipherable cloud of conversations with in them selves, hundreds of voices all talking at once, debating what to do, all of them Gen. Then, as quickly as he had started, the voices vanished, replaced by one. "No." Gen hung his head low on his shoulders, looking down at ghostly feet. "I don't think I could handle that..." He was crying, or at least, he thought he was. "Please, sir, take me away from here... My heart aches like I've never known before. Just to taste what I've missed would destroy me..." Gen hid his face behind his arm, and put a paw on Aiden's wrist. "Please, take me away from here. Any where."

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Sat May 22, 2010 11:56 am

Aiden nods with a tear in his eye, because of the next point he was going to show the hare would brake his heart. "When your family left Raven, your father and brother left to mine crystals in the arctic lands. It was very tough work, they would mine deposits...just enough to get supplies and fix tools when they broke." As the family vanished from view another scene in the hard life of Gree Toft appeared. The same hares appeared both looked tried for long hours of work and little to no sleep. The arctic winds blew, "it was a harsh winter..."

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Ziger
Baron

Post by Ziger » Sat May 22, 2010 12:50 pm

Gen uncovered his face to see where they had gone. A shiver ran from ears to tail as the bright white of the arctic met his silver eyes. His vision adjusted quickly, as if those silver irises were made for this. "A harsh winter?" The wind blew hard as if in answer to the question. The two white hares marched on through the heavy gusts and thick pelting of snow. Each was wrapped in a heavy cloak, pulled tight to fend off the unforgiving weather. Gen stumbled forward, unaffected by the physical world of the past. Then he heard them.

"Dad, how much farther is it? I can't feel my feet!" It was young Gree, fifteen years at most, clinging to the shadow of his father in the white out. "It wont be much farther, Gree. I promise. We'll have a fire, make something to eat, and sleep peacefully through the storm. We just need to get there!" Gen listened to their voices, tears streaming down his cheeks. Gen could hear it in his father's voice, and he felt Gree could hear it too. Gen followed them closely, walking easily atop the snow, feeling useless and helpless as they pushed through the heavy weather. Gen could feel it coming, like some awful fortune, a premonition that no one wants. He stood in front of his father as the tall hare stopped for a moment, Gree tugging him forward. "Come on dad, we just have to make it!" A grunt escaped the father, and he fell forward on one knee. Gen put out his arms to catch him, stepping forward to brace his father from falling in the snow. He passed through with out resistance. "Dad! Come on, we have to keep going!" came Gree's voice again. Gen stood there, looking at his empty hands, and screamed a hateful, angry cry. The desert hare turned around, vision blurred by the tears that poured forth. "Get up! Get up right now..." Gen's voice trailed off as he lost his breath, standing over the two.

Gree kneeled down next to his father, who was now laying on his side in the fresh snow. "Come on dad, it can't be that much farther!" The small white hare began to sniffle and sob too, trying to pick him up out of the frost. "Gree... I don't think I can get up. Do you remember the spells you learned?" Gree nodded slowly, still trying to pull his father out of the snow. "That one spell, where you warmed the water, even though every thing else was so cold... how did it go?" Gree wiped his eyes, and pulled the cloth from his satchel that had the rules and rings for the spell on it, and held it out for his father. Gen's hands balled into fists, and just watched, knowing he could do nothing more. "You gotta focus on this one," said little Gree, touching a rune on the cloth. "Then you move to this one, then this one, and focus every thing on it. But don't use it, ok? It eats your soul the man said... I don't want you to die..." Gree wiped both his eyes, unable to stop crying as the swift wind cut past them. Their father smiled, and placed a paw on Gree's shoulder. "Every thing is gonna be ok. I'm going to make it easier for you to go. I'm just going to sleep for a little while, but I need you to go ahead and find people to help you set up the camp for when I get there, ok son?" He pulled his hood back, the father smiling wide and warm. The tall hare looked to the cloth, and the snow around them began to melt. Gree shivered and wrapped his little arms around his father's much bigger forearm. A bubble of heat enveloped them both, slowly growing stronger and gaining duration.

"That's enough daddy!" Gree yelled at his father, but it was too late. The large rabbit paw on his shoulder went limp, and his big silver eyes went hallow. Gree didn't understand, but Gen did. "He sacrificed himself for you," choked Gen, fighting to keep from bursting into tears himself. "He used it all." Gree stood over his father, then bent down to tuck him in, and covered him from the over whelming snow that would surely come. "Sleep dad, I'll come back, I promise." Gree took off, full run, blind as to where, just knowing that he had to find some one. Gen took off after Gree. He had to know if his brother made it. Amazed, Gen ran for what seemed like miles before Gree finally slowed down. His brother's shield of heat had finally died out, and it left him in the cold air, wet and alone. Gree stumbled forward, shivering and shaking. "I gotta find some one. I gotta make sure they find dad. So cold..." He fell on his knees, shaking and drowsy. "Maybe I can take a nap too... Dad wont be mad. I just gotta wake up first. Yeah..." The child fell face first into the snow, and lay there, his shivering slowly turning into nothing more than trembling, and then he lay very still.

Gen chocked again, jaw slack as he looked on, helpless again, watching his brother succumb to the cold just like he could only watch as his father spent his soul to save his brother. "No!" Gen screamed. "No, this can't be right! You said I have a brother! He can't die! I can't still see him, and he be dead." Gen sank to his knees and cried into his hands. Silently, on cloth wrapped feet, an arctic fox approached the collapsed Gree. The stranger rolled him over, waving a paw from head to belly over Gree. Gen looked up, only to see him scoop his brother into his arms, and carry him not too far, before disappearing into a hidden cave. Gen sat in shock. "He doesn't die..." A smile, despite the tears, and despite watching his father die, spread across his muzzle. "He's alive."

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Sat May 22, 2010 2:39 pm

Aiden nods, "Yes, he is a live...but that will have to wait. I need to get you back to your bodies before our time runs out and you are stuck in the etheral realm, forever." After saying that, Aiden, Gen and Jerard went back to the grove where Gen's and Jerard's bodies were. "Before you ask, I won't be transporting you to the arctic, you will have to find your own way there." and walks away, disappearing into the shadows of the trees.

Jerard looks at where Aiden went,"Stupid fox..." stops, looks around to see if Aiden is there still, "Well I could help you go see your brother, if you will walk over here..."

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Ziger
Baron

Post by Ziger » Sat May 22, 2010 2:53 pm

Gen was almost dazed with glee for his brother's continued life, so much in fact that he did not realize they were being transported back to where they had come from. At first hearing that meeting with Gree would have to wait, he wanted to protest, he wanted to argue. After all, he had been hunting for this other for so long, and now he had the chance to meet this long lost sibling. The desert hare did not, though, after hearing the reason why he could not go just yet. He didn't want to end up dead after all!

"Sir, how should I..." Gen looked around, but the reaper was gone already. A quiet sigh escaped him, and he forced his sleepy body to stand up. Silver eyes set on Jerard. "You'd help me still? You've already done so much for me, and I've done almost nothing to repay you for it. I can't accept any more help from you until I've done something for you in return."

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Sat May 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Jerard looks at the hare in surprise, "Not going until..." sighs looks around and takes out the card with the plant, "I've got my payment right here. I collect magic, I myself can't control magic without this cards. You seen that some of the cards were blank, I trap the magic or items so that I can use the magic or items later. Now don't be mad at me, I'm glad that you showed what you could do...but right now, we need to go find your brother. Oh, before we go..." Jerard takes out another card and takes out some winter cloths suitable for the arctic, "Now we can go."

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Ziger
Baron

Post by Ziger » Sat May 22, 2010 3:38 pm

Gen shook his head and smiled to Jerard, holding up a paw. "Making things grow is of little effort to me. I can conjure something stronger if all you seek is magic... or maybe I can do something else for you." he pulled his wire frames off his face, rubbing his thumbs over the empty circle holes. "I wont go until I have something to offer."

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Sat May 22, 2010 4:41 pm

"Ok, look...you could be my assistant but you might not want to be that because you seem to be afraid of foxes. You could offer an item of great power...but you know, if you can get me that map from your brother that we saw and consider us even...if not then a stronger magic would work too." Jerard changes back into his normal form waiting for what the hare is going to say. If I can get at least one of those crystals then life would be good and my magic would be set.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Ziger
Baron

Post by Ziger » Sat May 22, 2010 5:03 pm

Gen looked down at his dirty paws, thinking long and hard about what he had to offer the fox. He doubted Gree would still have the map, and didn't think he had any thing of great magical power besides his pendant and his own skull. Rabbit ears began to slowly lower on either side of his head as all the options seemed to be impossible, sulking in his own set up failure. "Nya, there has to be something I can give you..." Rabbit hand squeezed tight around the coin on his necklace. The glasses were slipped back onto his face, and he gazed long and hard at Jerard. "There is a magic, shared with my by blood ties... but it is such a horrible thing to use. It can save a life, and it can destroy life. It is all in how it is used. I can... offer you it, if you want, but I do not know how you would store it on your card. It is a healing spell... of sorts..."

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Sat May 22, 2010 5:41 pm

Jerard looks at the hare, "Well, my cards can trap anything that uses magic. Having a healing spell would be nice. ok...I will accept the spell as payment for services rendered..." Jerard takes out a bland card and says, "Ok, what ever needs to happen do it through the card and it will be trapped." He did have a point that Gree wouldn't have the map by this time...but that would have been good anyway...this spell better be good.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Ziger
Baron

Post by Ziger » Sat May 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Gen took a deep breath and concentrated at the task at hand. First things first, he needed the proper circumstances in order to use the spell. The rabbit thought over every possible way in which to set it up, a way in which it would be significant enough to show Jerard. Eyes scanned all around him, looking for something sharp, or something heavy and easy to swing. Nothing. At last he turned to the fox standing before him, and with sad eyes, looked up to make eye contact. "I need you to hurt me, badly." Gen gritted his teeth, looking quite serious in his request.