Thieves and Assassins (Open, PM before entering)

This is where all of the medieval Yamaha role-plays are archived.
Healy
Baron
Baron

Re: Thieves and Assassins (Open, PM before entering)

Post by Healy »

Cantuo's ears perked up as he heard a knock on the door to his room. "I'll be right there!" The black-clad wolf sat up and stretched one of his arms before getting up. He opened the door to the visitor, a young raccoon that seemed vaguely familiar. Cantuo was sure that he had never seen her face before though, but that didn't matter at the moment. "Can I help you miss?"
My Characters:

[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=4679]Cantuo Lotherdwell[/url]

Sponsor

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

"Yes... I'm the one who stole your money... and your fruit..." The raccoon girl said with a sad look mar her pretty face. The raccoon had dark fur like shadow and looked exactly like a smaller version of her mother, except without out the hooded staff. Now that I look at him closer, he's very good looking... Why am I here now? OH. That's right the money... Raliza looks for the money that was stolen in her vest that has multiple pockets, "ah, here it is..." and hands Cantuo his money.
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

Dark Aleanrretyn
Rogue
Rogue

Post by Dark Aleanrretyn »

Amanes wondered if the raccoon named Sarah would be able to read this item. She looked around for the raccoon and then stopped thinking that if the raccoons were also after her mark then why bother to ask about this item that she found in the alleyway that the group of furs were at. She leaned back in her seat and thought back to the first time she saw the raccoons on the rooftop. She remembered that they were talking about something, but she wasn't close enough to hear what was being said. She started to tap her foot and then remembered that she didn't know what her target looked like either.

Healy
Baron
Baron

Post by Healy »

Ah, I think she's related to Sarah, that's why I know the face. Cantuo bore a thin frown upon his face as he accepted the money. "You know, I was less sore about the money than I was about the apple when it happened. I got a black eye for it you know." The wolf lightly touched the area around his right eye. "Try not to steal the prize from someone who just made it out of a bargain fight with a single item, it tends to break morale for the rest of the day."

Cantuo stops frowning as he checks the contents of his purse, a bit surprised that nothing's missing. Usually thieves should be punished somehow, but she did give back all the money...a shameless remark should do it I guess. "Then again, thanks to you I got a melon out of this instead of an apple." The black-clad wolf smiles and puts away his purse, then retrieves his bag from the bed. After that, he steps outside the room and closes the door, leaving his shovel inside. "Thank you for returning my purse, but if you'll excuse me, now that I have it back I need to go pay for my previous lodgings." The wolf nods politely to the female raccoon and turns to walk down the hallway.
My Characters:

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

Raliza nods, "of course..." and walks away. Hehehe, he looks cute.

Sarah knocks on the door of Amanes, smiling. I hope this girl can tell me what is going on with what Raliza saw. Sarah kept her paws empty, "Can I talk to you, miss?"

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Dark Aleanrretyn
Rogue
Rogue

Amanes sighs and stands up; looking around at the others before heading back up to her room. She stops when she sees someone at her door.

"Um...excuse me? Is there something that you need from my room, ma'am?" Amanes asks walking closer and recongizing Sarah. Amanes stretched a bit and unlocked the door motioning Sarah in first. Amanes looks around before doing anything else.

Amanes realizes that the window was closed the way she had left it before she left her room. She wondered if her target was in town yet though she knew hardly anything about him.

Healy
Baron
Baron

Post by Healy »

After traveling back to his previous lodgings again and having a short conversation with the innkeeper (there were quite a few jokes from the staff about Cantuo being bullied into staying at the Harvest Rings due to his eye), the wolf payed for his earlier stay at the inn. On his way back to the Harvest Rings, Cantuo pulled out a scrap of celadon-colored cloth and began playing with it as he walked. When he got back to the Harvest Rings and went inside, it was wrapped around his left paw as if it were a gauntlet covering his palm and wrist. Though most of it was hidden by the sleeve of his jacket, the soft green cloth could still be seen covering his palm and the back of his paw up to the knuckles. The black-clad wolf got a couple odd stares as he began playing with the cloth again as he made his way back towards his room.
My Characters:

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

Sarah looks at the girl, "umm... yes, earlier today, my daughter saw an attack, said that you killed some furs. Now I don't mind if this is the truth or false but what I want to know is why an assassin is here in the city... and if you are after the same mark I am... if you are then you might want to talk to my husband about the information that he has... also he might be able to find out anything... with time."

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Dark Aleanrretyn
Rogue
Rogue

Amanes was taken aback, "Killed some furs? No, I just scared them away. I was sent here for a fur that should be in town today, but I've an item to show you."

Amanes holds the item out to Sarah and goes and leans on the far wall. She looks at Sarah, "This mark that you are after. Could you tell me a bit about it?"

Amanes sighs and glances out the window not knowing what to do, but wait for something to happen. She looks back at Sarah, "Where's your husband at right now?"

Healy
Baron
Baron

Post by Healy »

Cantuo closes the door to his room after he walks in. "Something to do..." The young wolf looks over to his shovel, then to his bag that he had once again placed on the bed after returning. "I guess I could work out some spells? Since there aren't any books in here to read..." Cantuo plops down next to his bag on the bed and takes out his book of practical spells.

He muses to himself as he flips through the journal, also taking care to note the combat magics that he simply memorizes while he thinks. "I've already got one for flying, I'll burn before I use it though... Huh. I've already done a spell for focused light, why don't I use it mo-ah, that's right. It makes my nose bleed for an hour after I do it. Hmm..." The wolf looks over at his cloth covered hand for a bit, until it hits him, "I wonder if you could be armor?"

Cantuo retrieves a quill and inkwell from his bag as he flips through the journal a couple of blank pages to record any successful formulas. He then takes the celadon cloth off of his paw and sets it on the ground in the center of the room. "Since it's new, I'll have to focus more." The black clad wolf cleared his mind of all but the square of cloth unfolded on the floor as he began to imagine the desired glyph.

A square of cream-colored light surrounded the square of cotton as Cantuo began speaking. "Light as thinnest silk, yet strong as tempered steel. An adamantine cloth, changing shape to fit one's will." The square of light grew a foot longer to each side as ragged lines reminiscent of tears and horrid wounds began racing from its corners to the cloth in the center, while dark brown claws reached out from the middle of each side of the larger square to grasp the centers of the quadrants to their right. After a few seconds the edges of the glyph began to rise as it folded in upon itself and the cloth in its center. As the glyph fully encased the cloth it fell apart and the light of it disappeared into the celadon square of cotton.

The light from the spell wasn't terribly bright, but if you were passing by outside or in the hallway it would have definitely been noticeable through the window and under the door. The wolf walked over picked up the seemingly normal cloth. "That last part was new. Well, let's see if I have anything new to record." Cantuo grabbed his shovel and turned the spade into a spear as he sat back down on the bed, placing the spear between his knees. The wolf then stretched the cloth between his hands and brought it down upon the tip of the spear. Though it wrapped around the blade neatly enough, Cantuo couldn't tear or even snag the cloth upon the spear's tip. This set the wolf's tail wagging as he dropped both to write down all the details of the casting of the spell in his journal before he could forget them.
My Characters:

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

A kitsune in a black tux and top hat giggles, "I've hear wonderful things about you Cantuo Lortherdwell." the kitsune smiles brightly, "oh, I best tell you my name, I am Presto the Magician." and a deck of playing cards appears in his hand, "Like I said I have hear wonderful things about you in Edwin. I travel a lot and collect the odd tidbits of rumors..."

Sarah looks up, "umm... he would be down below, under the inn, you see we, the family Coon are part of yakuza, my husband is one of the better spies that they have, and I and Raliza are thieves. Hmm... it does sound like we are going after the some mark... If you would follow me I'll show you to where John is..."

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Dark Aleanrretyn
Rogue
Rogue

Amanes nods to Sarah, "Alright, I will follow you to your husbands location."

She looks around the Inn and touches the hilt of her blade to make sure it was still there. She was wondering if the target was in town yet, but she wanted to speak with Sarah's husband too. She waited for a second and then took a few steps toward the bar. She stopped and looked back at Sarah ready to follow her.

Healy
Baron
Baron

Post by Healy »

"KSSSSSHHH!!" I closed the door!

Cantuo was in the middle of putting the cap back on the inkwell when the surprise visitor spoke to him, prompting a few seconds of fumbling before the sheets of the bed became stained with its contents. Thankfully the spell record was out of the range of the spilled ink. The wolf then turned around to face the visitor, a kitsune, with his tail up and his ears drawn back and eyes wide in surprise and annoyance. Presto? He knows me? What?! "I don't know what you've heard, but it's polite to knock!" The wolf's voice was almost shrill.
My Characters:

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

Jerard put his hands up to in mock defense, "but I did knock, all be it not loud enough, I guess." He smiled. Then he bowed his head, "I'm sorry if I scared you, but when I heard that you were here I just had to meet you." He extended his paw to Cantuo, "Let us be friends."

Meanwhile, Sarah with Amanes in tow went to the back, behind the bar and the crowds. Sarah called to her husband, "John... you were correct and it looks like I owe you some money..."

John laughs softly, "nah, dear. Well, I am John Coon, information extraordinaire... there isn't any Information that I can't find out. I'm guessing you are after the rich mark, same as us?"

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Dark Aleanrretyn
Rogue
Rogue

Amanes shrugged at John's guess at the rich mark. She looked around the room that they stood in and wondered why Sarah had said that she owed her husband some money. She wasn't going to ask nor was it her business what the coons did.

"Um...you know of the rich mark coming into town then, sir?" Amanes asked looking at John.
She then looked at Sarah, "Ma'am, is there a job hiring right now?"