Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Reflection of a shadow

This is where all of the medieval Yamaha role-plays are archived.
Madmarco777
Spy
Species: Brown Bear

Reflection of a shadow

Post by Madmarco777 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:27 pm

Grisius slowly trotted the small alleyways that mazed through the city. Pausing on a small bridge overlooking a meager stream, he sat down and hung his legs over the edge. He smiled as he took a deep breath and stared at the sky. "Too bad I have to share moments like this alone." he lamented, sighing.
Some say a comet will fall from the sky, followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still, followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.
- Tool, AEnema
To this world, I shall always say no.

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: Reflection of a shadow

Post by Asyriel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:51 am

A short lean female red fox padded quietly toward the bridge Grisius sat on. She wore well tailored if a little travel worn clothes. her black hair was braided and reached down to her mid back, and three silver hoop earrings adorned each of her ears. Her right ear had a notch missing near the tip, and she carried a wrapped katana with her. She moved with a trained fighter's grace but didn't seem likely to cause a fight.

Natsuki wore a wide grin as she walked; she had finally picked up the last of the swords she had commissioned from various sword smiths, and couldn't help but giggle a little to herself at how much money they were going to bring in when she got them home to Domus to sell. She only hoped she could find a few more profitable goods to take back before she left.

The fox had almost been lost in thoughts of goods, and profits as she started across the bridge, and noticed the feline sitting on it, and staring into the sky. She stopped dead in her tracks, and looked around; she had thought the road she was using would be empty. She glanced around again warily, one never knew when they may be ambushed on little used roads.

finally she spoke "hello" she called to the feline "you're not charging a toll for this bridge are you?" she asked in a light tone, even though she was more than half serious...

Madmarco777
Spy

Post by Madmarco777 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:50 am

Grisius had heard the fox walking towards him. He smiled and looked at her.
"Nope, just admiring a beautiful world." Looking over the fit canine, the worn clothes and shiny new sword. "Nice sword. Looks brand new."

Grisius couldn't quiet a nagging thought at the back of his mind to charge her a toll, but just smiled and continued looking out over land.
Some say a comet will fall from the sky, followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still, followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.
- Tool, AEnema

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:03 pm

Natsuki chuckled softly "I suppose it is nice to look at the silver lining from time to time" she backed off the bridge and took a deep breath, debating for a moment before changing her path and heading down the side of the stream bed. She hated bridges anyway and didn't want to take a chance. She picked her way nimbly down the embankment then started across the stream, hopping from one dry rock to another until she was poised on one about mid way across. she paused and turned to look up at Grisius. "It is" she said with a little suspicion creeping into her voice. "I just picked it up from a swordsmith." she turned the direction he was looking to take in the view for a moment before turning back to look up at him again. "are you from around here?" she asked, having previously taken note of his weapon and the fact that it definitely wasn't the local style sword.

Madmarco777
Spy

Post by Madmarco777 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:40 pm

Grisius watched the fox hop across the rocks in the stream. He smiled as he heard her say she just got the sword, and shook his head when she asked if he was from nearby.

"No, I'm just passing through, looking for somewhere to get some supplies."

Standing up, he looked back from where he had come from. "What about you? You don't seem like a local."
- Tool, AEnema

rieko
Rogue

Post by rieko » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:42 pm

two young-ens run over to the stream. They are both cats and both have raggedy clothing. The younger one looks to be around 12 and is female. She is a orange and has black strips going down her arm. She has dirt in her fur and has a lovely smile. The older one is a young boy looking to be 14, he is orange and has black strips moving up and down his head and arms.

The girl is running after the boy and laughing. the boy jumps in to the water and splashes Natsuki and the girl. he puts his hands in the water and lifts them up to splash the girl some more. The girl stops and runs away laughing.

"come on its time you get clean! jump in!" the boy says

the girl looks at him holding her hands up" but its wet!"

the boy throw more water "thats why its called water!"

the girl walk up to the water and gets in slowly. The boy looks up to natsuki "hi there, im bon!" he swims over to natsuki and grabs a rock and puts his arms on it and puts his head on his arms and looks up to her, still mostly in the water. the girl yells "im bell!" waving to Grisius.

Madmarco777
Spy

Post by Madmarco777 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Grisius walked down to the side of the stream. He watched as the boy swam around and the girl tried not to fall in the water.

"Hello little ones. I'm Grisius Bartholomue Graymarch the 9th." he said, bowing his head slightly after he introduced himself. He hated when he had to formally introduce himself, but was glad he didn't have to say his whole title this time.
- Tool, AEnema

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:50 am

Natsuki shook her head, her braid swinging with the movement. "no, I am here from Domus" she replied, and was about to say more when the two children came running down to the stream. Natsuki held her katana up to keep it from getting splashed while the rest of her got fairly wet. She bit back her initial sharp words as she shook some of the excess water from herself. "hello, I am Natsuki" she replied then looked at Grisius "that's quite a mouth-full" she said jokingly with a chuckle. "I know of a couple decent places to get supplies if you're interested" she commented as she shook off a still wet foot.

rieko
Rogue

Post by rieko » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:12 pm

bell washes the dirt from her fur. she laughs at grisius "the 9th?! you mean like a prince! thats so romantic!" she says holding her hands together.looking over at Natsuki " Aww what i lovely name."
bon looks at Natsuki"you don't like the water?" he says with a evil smile. still lying on his hands.

Madmarco777
Spy

Post by Madmarco777 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Grisius laughed when the girl said prince. "No nothing like that, just an old family." and than responding to Natsuki, "It is quite a mouthful, and those are just the three first names I was given. That would be very helpful, if you would kindly Natsuki." Taking a seat on the bank, He smiled at the children and dipped his hand in the water.
- Tool, AEnema

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:35 pm

Natsuki smiled at Bell. "why thank you" she replied before looking down at Bon "I have nothing against water, but I'm carrying an expensive piece of merchandise that I would rather not get wet" she replied before quickly finishing her trip across the stream. once across she replied to Grisius "well I certainly hope you don't mind if I shorten it..a lot" she said with a chuckle. she watched the children for a few moments before saying "sure thing, follow me" and starting off at a leisurely pace, wondering to herself if the children we going to decide to follow along or continue to play in the water.

Madmarco777
Spy

Post by Madmarco777 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:04 pm

Grisius shook the water from his paw and swiftly caught up to Natsuki. "Thanks again, I don't think I've passed through this town before. You pretty familiar with this place?"
As he walked, he turned and waved to the children, than looked at the sword Natsuki was carrying. "You don't fight with these kinda swords do you? That one you have looks like it would snap in half."
He ran a finger down the blade on his claymore to the white stone on the hilt.
- Tool, AEnema

rieko
Rogue

Post by rieko » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:35 am

bon watches Nartsuki jump across the stream and then turning to bell and swimming over to her helping her finish washing her."there you go bell all clean!" he says with a smile." now follow me, ok?"
bell nods to bon.
bon helps his sister cross the steam to the other side. coming out of the water they start walking behind Grisius and Nartsuki.
"ok bell lets not be to up and about now." bon says to bell holding a finger up. bell nods then runs up to nartsuki and grabs to her free hand. "Hiya!" bon grabs his head and yells to bell" thats what i told you not to do!" he runs up near bell. "i am sorry mis. nartsuki, she gets real happy easily." bon tells to natsuki, he turns his head to grisius "woow thats huge sword... i don't see any like that... can .. can i touch it?"

Madmarco777
Spy

Post by Madmarco777 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:47 am

Grisius smiled at the boy and shook his head.
"Sorry, lad. But this swords really dirty and you just cleaned up. And the stuff on this sword doesn't wash away." looking to Bell holding Natsukis hand. "Where are your parents, young ones?"
- Tool, AEnema

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:13 am

"not a problem" Natsuki replied as they walked through the town. "I've been her a few months now, long enough to get a feel for the place" she said with a smile "not much else to do when you're wating on a sworsmith's work." She shook her head in response to Grisius' question, the rings in her ears tinkling lightly with the movement. "no, I don't fight with swords at all" she replied before putting on a wry grin "but you would be surprised what these swords can do" she said, looking down at the still wrapped katana she held "they are fast, fairly light, and extremely sharp...can cut through limbs with little effort, and the best ones will go through several whole bodies. not that I'm saying they are better, just pointing out their strong points" she said. Bell came running up and grabbed her hand "why hello again" she said as she looked down at the young girl. she paused as Grisius asked about the childrens parents "yeah..where are your parents?" she asked gently, echoing his question.