Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

End of the Line [Kikome]

This is where all of the medieval Yamaha role-plays are archived.
Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

End of the Line [Kikome]

Post by Kael » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:44 pm

Kael was angry. His apprentice had yet again back-talked him. That was the last straw. He had decided once and for all that he would stop taking apprentices. Hopefully this last fool would botch a spell and kill himself. That would benefit EVERYONE.

Before he strangled the gecko, Kael went to his teleport room and brought Flumen, his owl familiar, and Caldor, his weasel familiar, along. He then teleported to a set spot for all wizards. He then went to the nearest tavern.

Kael plopped into a seat at the bar and ordered a bottle of sake. Caldor moved onto the bar, while Flumen stayed on Kael's shoulder. Kael then sat back and scanned the room with watchful eyes. He hoped his black robes with glowing runes wouldnt attract any unwanted fools. The panther needed to stew for a bit.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Sponsor

Kikome
Peasant
Species: Wolf

Re: End of the Line [Kikome]

Post by Kikome » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:10 am

Kikome was sitting toward the back of the tavern drinking a little sake. Lume her pheonix familiar was out on the table picking at the small bowl of meats. Kikome looked up from Lume and spotted something shiny. Someone had just come into the tavern, glowing. "Pretty" she thought. Noticing the owl on the bar she wanted to go over there. Casually Kikome sat up, placed Lume on her own shoulder and went towards the bar. Caarefully kikome sat somewhat near this mysterious man at the bar. Not trying to impose on him, she glanced over, realizing he seemed heated, she mearly says "I really like your Owl familiar, very pretty." Giving him a bit of a smile, she relaxed the best she could, slightly distracted by the outfit he was wearing as well.

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:20 am

"Thank you, kind wolf. I am Flumen." The owl spoke first, before Kael could, because he felt the retort builing there. Flumen then turned to Caldor and warned, "Don't, rash one, she meant no slight."

The weasel had felt scorned by the ignoring of him. He had been about to breath a bit of fire to get revenge, until Flumen said something. He bit it back, saying, "What, me? You always blame me!" He had the whole 'I'm an angel; thing going.

Kael, meanwhile, sighed. "What is it, young child? What do you want?"
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Kikome
Peasant

Post by Kikome » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:41 am

"Oh sorry little one, I didnt see you up there" she she said gesturing at the weasel. Not wanting to irritate the man any more, simply she says "Well, I was wondering some, about those runes on you." Glancing down at the glowing runes, partly mesmerised.

Lume fly off of Kikome's shoulder and landed near Flumen atop the bar. Her beak tip turning slightly blue. The little pheonix looked over at Kikome, "water?" She asks. Kikome attempts to concentrate on Lumes beak tip, mumbling a little, but fails in achieving anything. Then asking the bartender for a small bowl of water.

Kikome sighs and glances back at the man again.

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:12 am

"Yeah, what about them? I put them there, if that's what you're wondering. And no, i will not do the same for your clothes." Kael was tired of people always thinking he would enchant their clothing. What appreciation did they have for runic magic?

Flumen looked at Lume. "A phoenix, I do believe. Don't see many of those. How do you do?" Flumen fluttered a bit on Kael's shoulder.

Caldor looked inquisitively at the phoenix from his spot on the bar. "I do believe he is connected to fire, at the very least. Getting a strong read off of him. But that could be Kael's anger. Hard to differentiate at times." Caldor looked at Kikome for an explanation.

Kikome
Peasant

Post by Kikome » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:21 am

"Oh no, no. I did not intend for a request to enchant my clothes at all. Actually i mearly wondered how you did that in the first place. I have always been interested in runic magic" stated Kikome, assuring to Kael that she had no harmful intentions at all.

Lume happy to have someone other than Kikome talking to her flapped up a little after drinking water and her full beak becomes a vibrant red shade. "I'm quite well myself, and you?

Kikome, ignoring Lumes bright color, since she is used to it, informs Caldor of her pheonix; "Yes, you are right as well, Lume is my fire familiar. Her and I have been together since I was born"

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:36 am

Caldor nodded. "Those relationships usually form familiars. Kael raised every one of our... us, from birth."

Flumen replied to Lume, "Quite well. Does your color change like that all the time?"

Kael sighed. Another wonderer. great. "I am a wizard. That should be explanation enough. Plus, a wizard never tells his secrets." The sake arrived and Kael took a long draught straight from the bottle.

Flumen cast a minor spell, and a rne appeared in the air briefly. If it was recognized, it said sobriety. Flumen wasn't about to let Kael get robbed for getting drunk.

Kikome
Peasant

Post by Kikome » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:52 am

"It was a little hard for me to raise Lume though, I had a bit of.. Family trouble" Kikome told Caldor while reaching out pertty Lume, in which he hand lit on fire. She sighs a moment, lifts her hand away then briefly shakes her hand letting the fire out. Glaring down at Lume, Kikome half grinned and glared.

Lume bowed her head to Kikome in apology of the sudden fire. Talking again to Flumen, "Yes, my beak tends to change a variety of colors based on surroundings or circumstances. Some say I am a little odd to be able to do so, but I personally enjoy it. It even helps out Kikome when we are trying to study more."

"Oh but of course, I should have known. I have just only seen one other.. Uh, 'wizard' enchant their clothing" Kikome made sure to state wizard loosely. Quicly seeing the rune in the air, she giggles a little and takes a small sip of her own sake. Lume looks up at Kikome then takes a drink of more water.

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:00 am

"Oh? Who would that be?" Kael looked at the black wolf out of the corner of his eye. Kael knew many wizards, but with so many out there, and so many idiotic apprentices passing by fluke, it was impossible to keep track of all of them.

Flumen nodded sagely. "Being unique is a good thing. However, in my opinion, the best thing would be to be able to go with the flow. Just saying."

Caldor looked at the fire. "Yeah, i used to give Kael that problem. But i learned to control my abilities. especially since Kael would get really angry because of it, since i generally lit up scrolls." Caldor looked sheepish, until he had heard Flumen. He then switched to Abyssal and snapped, "Fool, the only true thing is Power. And lots of it."

Flumen replied calmly in Abyssal. "Ah, but if power doesn't grow and change, it will surely diminish."

They went back and forth for a bit until Kael snapped, "Quiet, you fools."

Kikome
Peasant

Post by Kikome » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:11 am

A little afraid to answer Kael, Kikome did; "It was my father actually.. But I wouldnt quite say he is a wizard." Holding her sake cup, Kikome swirled the little sake around in the cup with a little bit of a distressed look.

Lume slightly giggled at Flumen and Caldors brief arguement and says "It's not quite my power that lit her, but merely our powers tend to combine and combust at random." Lume' beak begins to change back to an orange-red shade, not so vibrant. "though I would agree that 'going with the flow' does come in handy. I like my difference, and I am the only one who can be like this, so I embrace my difference"

Kikome listened to Lume's little rant and smiles a little more, now having less grieving feelings. She looked back up at Kael "he was a wizard at first atleast"

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:31 am

"Demonology?" Kael knew that was the path that caused many difficulties. If correct, he had a fair guess at the types of powers she knew.

Flumen noted that Lume said this was unique. He would need to tell Kael about that later.

Kikome
Peasant

Post by Kikome » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:21 am

"My father was, yes. I on the other hand am not a demonologist. But.. Something happened. When i was born, my father was no longer that much of a wolf.. So i left my home on my own at 5 years old.. Having to adapt I became great with fire... Even though i wish to know more of other things.." Letting out a long sigh, she was focusing on Lumes water bowl. Kikome wanted to make it clear she was not one of demonology, but one of demon blood.

Lume fluttered up to Kikome's shoulder and gently rubbed against her. Lume was just concerned and trying to make sure Kikome was relaxed.

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:47 am

Caldor finally caught the vibe he had been getting from her. In Primordial, a language that was almost long-dead, he told Kael, "She has the blood of demons in her. Probably not her fault, but it's there."

Kael's ears perked up. This was definitely something he wanted to know more of. "What kind of demons or devils did your father consort with? I never knew they could change a person that much."

Flumen, meanwhile, had picked up on Kikome's distress. He flew over and whispered to her, "Let's try something. Imagine a small pool of water. There are ripples moving all across it. Now imagine it stilling and returning to it's clam, glassy appearance." This was a rudimentary focus exercise required of all water-users. It also helps calm down distressed furs.

Kikome
Peasant

Post by Kikome » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Kikome takes Flumens advice and imagines the water. After a few brief moments, she calms down a bit, able to continue to speak. "Well I'm not fully sure of the details, since I was very young.. but it was something similar to a hellion. Our family has many books of the matter, but I did not read all of them. I vaguely remember that my father had become hellborne, almost killed my mother and I.. Though I am not aware of where he is now." She pauses for a moment, takes a deep breath and imagines the water once more.

Lume still perched up, outstretched her wings as if yawning slighty. She then grew some in size, becoming more adult than her usual child self. With her adultform comes the knowledge of many years. "Her father was infact a wolf once, he began developing an interest into demon. With his research of them, he decided to try some of their spells and rituals. Sad to say, he was not strong enough to control a particular ritual that even I am not supposed to speak of. A hellkite being began to take over his body and mind. From there, the details need not be said" Lume relaxes a moment, beak turning blue, and goes back to her usual form; purs, then lays down half asleep atop Kikome's head.

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:35 pm

Kael nodded sagely. "Makes sense. Demonology can destroy your mind with a single mistake. Sad to say, that is the downfall of many apprentices, dabbling secretly behind the backs of their masters." Kael had lost a few that way. Thinking of it made his angered mood come back. That fool, calling him an old man... We'll see who's old... Kael had been secretly developing a new rune spell... He just needed a subject for it... His apprentice would do perfectly.