The adventures of Rif Kit the Merc

This is where all of the medieval Yamaha role-plays are archived.
darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

The adventures of Rif Kit the Merc

Post by darkkitsune »

It was a dark and stormy night, the camp of Wolf slavers had just set up their tents for the night. "hmm... at least they aren't expecting any attacks... maybe..." a deep voice said to himself. On the edge of a forest that is surrounding the camp site, there is a tall, black fox with piercing green eyes and tons of weapons on his back, "let's see... I'll need to scout the place out first. That'll be difficult when I don't look anything like them... and I'm too health to pass of as a slave... though now that I think about it... the slaves would have been locked up by now..." The dark tattooed fox sighs then start to quickly and quietly enter the camp. dodging the various hired help and wolves, "I'll finally find out where they were hiding my only living sister... I hope." The camp is in an organized mess of canvasses and rope, with a broken cage every once in a while. There were rings that have an anchor in the ground and the more rebellious slaves were chained to it. "At least they value there property above anything else... Well... I can in for a reason..." The tall fox took another step and tripped on some taunt rope that he didn't see and fell. When he hit the ground, his blades on his back hit each other and alerted the guards, "oh... sshhhh...ut it... going to have to get out quickly...*sigh*"
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

Sponsor

Kael
God
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Re: The adventures of Rif Kit the Merc

Post by Kael »

Jarmakla was pissed off. HOW IN THE BLAZES could he have gotten caught? The 6' tall dragon was at least still in his hides, but they had staked him on the ground. He had refused to eat, afraid of drugs, and was conserving his strength. Thus, when the guards became distracted, he was ready. He pulled the stake outbof the ground quickly, using his great strength. He then booked it out of there, stopping only to knock out a guard with a greataxe. Grabbing the axe, a poor make compared to his own, he ran as hard as possible out of there, easily alerting the guards and drawing all attention to himself.

[I hope this is open...]
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Bigfox3
God
God
Species: Fennec Fox

Post by Bigfox3 »

Toyomi's ears twitched at the first noise on the other side of camp. He'd been overpowered by the guards that had captured him and was waiting for this opportunity to break free. His blue fur was toned down in the firelight of the torch as he used his tail to unlock the shackles. He moved his silver hair out of the way as he took a moment to unhook the lock keeping him caged in. As he escaped the cage, he bonked heads with someone. A familiar voice quietly said, "Ow," and he opened his violet eyes to a familiar pair that matched his own. His cousin Relena was shocked to see him there, and rather embarrassed that she'd been captured. The guards were only going to be gone for a moment, or so they thought until they heard a much louder clanging that would keep the guards busy. They embraced quickly in greeting and nodded understanding as they altered their strategy of escape to compensate for one another. The dim firelight worked to their advantage as Relena altered her ponytail from on top of her head to near her nape so to confuse guards that would attempt to chase them. While their outfits weren't completely similar, from a distance and in the shadows it wouldn't matter.

They left the tent without a sound, keeping to the shadows as they avoided most of the guards and tricked others, outrunning the few that weren't. They spotted the cause of the first noise, a black fox with a mass of weapons on his back. They hid nearby, Toyomi's sense telling him this guy was trying to rescue someone, and it definitely wasn't them. "Let's go then," Relena whisper-hissed at Toyomi, knowing they'd be grilled alive if they were caught trying to escape. Toyomi pointed out the real source of distraction as he spotted the dragon not too far away. Relena figured with the dragon being so distracting that they did have a little time to watch events unfold.
The Dessert War never happened, but I'm deluded enough that I've convinced myself I already won. :3

My Character Library
Click here to see my Deviantart page!

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
'SPAMMA TANK' GAMMA Created by Shade
Advanced AI Tank

Big's quick link to the IRC chat box for those who can never find the thing, like me! 8D

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

The fox quickly got up, making sure that all of his blades were there. His ears twitch as he hear louder sounds around him, 'If I'm going to get out of here, I best...' the guards weren't going after him or if they were, they aren't now as dragon was taring out of camp. A lot of the guards followed the runaway dragon. The black fox sighs, 'I guess I can either help the dragon escape and get captured myself or run and hope that he doesn't get caught...' he knew what the was going to do, "Right... save the dragon it is..." he says to himself, "Sorry Alice... I'll come back for you..." The fox ran to get ahead of the guards after he takes the two longest blades, crossing them and says, "I'm here to stop you...let's dance." He then ran forward at the slavers and took out ten before being overwhelm and captured. Blooded, the fox is lead to leader of the slavers. "heh, Rif the unstoppable... just got stopped... we did lose one slave from what you did, fox... and you'll pay for that... dearly... Take him and strip him of his things... then whip him before tying him to a ring. three days out in the weather should do the trick." The leader dismisses the guards to do what they were commanded to do, "Oh, and make sure that he doesn't get any food or water..." After about a minute the head wolf smiles as cries for the fox as he gets whipped.

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

Jarm was running, blind, until he saw the fox try to help, and get caught. That angered him, enough for him to break off the chain. After recuperating briefly outside of the camp, he grabbed the axe and moved back, his wings moving restlessly. "I call upon the ancient rite of one on one combat!" He roared out. "Choose your champion, and we shall fight to the death for the fox, and a few choice others!" Jarm had in mind any children enslaved, but if the fox wanted someone, he could have them freed.

The rite of combat was an ancient, honor-bound challenge that settles many disputes quickly. Jarm had yet to lose to any challenger.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Bigfox3
God
God

Post by Bigfox3 »

Toyomi was at once ready to go and save them all, but Relena stopped him short. "We'll get killed if our cover's blown. Let's stay here and see if we can help in subtle ways," she said quietly. Toyomi nodded and liked his cousin's thinking. The two arctic foxes sank back into the shadows to see how events would turn out, prepared to rescue people under the time restraints they had if the slavers didn't honor the deal. Toyomi thought they would since the ancient rite was a Yamahan tradition and he'd taken part in it at one point. The violet eyes of both foxes penetrated the night in their observation.
The Dessert War never happened, but I'm deluded enough that I've convinced myself I already won. :3

My Character Library

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
Advanced AI Tank

Big's quick link to the IRC chat box for those who can never find the thing, like me! 8D

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

The wolf slavers were sorely tempted to ignore the dragon's rite to challenge. Then the leader stops them, "We aren't feral... we'll do so... though, not to the death as you have claimed, dragon... but until the other quits... if it so happens that combatant dies... well then the second can continue to fight." The leader smiles, "You must be exhausted... why don't we continue this when the sun is out? I'll even feed ya."

The black fox was bent low from all the beating from the bullwhip against his back, which, unsurprising, is now bleeding. Thunder cracked over head, just as the dragon challenged the slavers. Rain started to pour down on the captive fox, washing the blood off. His ears are down and kept his head looking at the ground. A light touch was felt on his shoulder, he flinched away. The velvet-like paw stayed on his shoulder however, followed seconds later by a hug around his middle that didn't go all the way around. The fur that was hugging him felt like velvet and was small because he could feel the fur's head against his back. "I'll help you, Darke." a female voice whispered.
That name made his ears stand up. That name made him shiver as images of the past go through his head. Unbidden tears go down his cheeks, good thing it was raining.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

Jarmakla shook his head. "I agree to the terms of defeat. But it shall be now, or never. I won't take your hospitality, and I am not tired. Send him out now, or I will come after him." He spread his wings, and shook his head. That rage was boiling up, waiting until just the right moment for him to release it.

Despite the downpour, Jarmakla didn't seem cold. In fact, he barely seemed to notice. he had weathered worse weather. [forgive the pun]

He hefted his axe with ease, preparing for the fight.

Bigfox3
God
God

Post by Bigfox3 »

Toyomi sensed the battle aura of the dragon and knew the dragon must have had experience on the battle field due to his stance and tolerance for the sudden downpour. Toyomi and Relena were used to the cold having hailed from the Rike Arktik, so neither bothered to move. Relena did nudge Toyomi to point out the little figure huddled next to the black fox. The figure was entirely unnoticed by the wolves, however, due to the looming fight in front of them. Toyomi wondered who would be selected to face the dragon and if after the first one they'd let the fox go peacefully. Highly doubtful. Relena's nose scrunched a little bit, her unique talent being able to sniff out magic, and the fox and the figure had the smell of magic surpressed. Both cousins kept their thoughts to themselves, however, knowing the scene they were watching unfold was too important for them to speak and risk revealing themselves.

My Character Library

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
Advanced AI Tank

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

the Wolf leader blinked, then looks around, "Let's move it out the camp at least..." The wolf leader blinks and looked around the others weren't going to be much help against this dragon. Then his eyes go to the black fox, then saw the little fennec vixen. He rubbed his chin, 'hmm... I don't remember seeing her before... and I don't remember having her...' the wolf shook his head, 'whatever... she's clearly a slave... and the only slaves here are owned by us...' The wolf leader goes over to the black fox as if he were going to do something to the fox but then grabs the little vixen prying her arms from around the black fox. "you, little girl, are our champion. You see that big dragon there? you have to defeat him." The vixen gulps and nods. The Black fox looked wondering where the little one went then saw the leader move with his paw at the back of the fennec's neck then saw the dragon that the leader was taking her to. He was outraged and would have burst his chains if it wasn't for the wolf slaver that hit the fox in the back of the head, make the fox go limp.

The slave leader came back with fennec vixen and said, "This is the one that we choice to fight you dragon." The vixen was shoved forward. The vixen was dressed in clothing that had seen better days, around her neck was a choker with a jewel in the center, she was young, appeared to be about ten years old. She looked up at the dragon, her eyes were focused and dispelled the illusion of her appearance, this vixen was more then what she seemed. Her body trembled not by fear but excitement, she smiled, "Jarmakla, master of the flame, please face me, mistress of the earth in combat. My name... I have many... for now call me Alice." The vixen just stands where she was shoved looking up. It seemed that her voice didn't come from her mouth but came for the ground itself that was under the dragon's feet, as such the wolves from the slave camp didn't hear what the dragon heard, or rather felt. her jewel started glow then, "you accept?" she asked in a high voice.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

Jarm shook his head, memories clouding his head. He got lost in one...

HE had had it all... He was going to be chief of the tribe. He was the best warrior. He had even been promised to someone... But that had changed. When the tribe had learned about his raging... condition, they ostracized him, made fun of him. Well, children latch onto anything to make others feel bad, and one day the taunting had driven him over the edge. When he had come back to himself, he had blood on his axe and hands, and the children were dead. So he had run. Run for his life. And swore never to harm a child ever again...

He shook his head to clear it. "I do not fight children!" He shouted at the slavers. "Are you such cowards you need to hide behind the skirts of this child? You make me sick." He spat on the ground, hoping to get a rise out of them. He would never engage in combat with a child. That day had forever changed him...

[OOC: Hey, Jarm has a personalized axe somewhere in camp... Is it possible for someone to find it? He doesn't fight as well without it.]

Bigfox3
God
God

Post by Bigfox3 »

(Here's where the foxes might come in handy. ;3)

Toyomi's respect rose for the dragon, and the flirt in Relena had hearts in her eyes as he said such chivalrous things. They both knew the girl was more than she seemed, but the sentiment still rang true. She then snapped out of it and drew Toyomi away for a few moments. 'He came in with an axe that seemed like a personal treasure,' she whispered to him and asked, 'Did you see anything like it?' Toyomi nodded and at once they both sprinted through the camp unnoticed to a weaponry, currently unguarded due to the action taking place. They snuck inside with nary a flap of the tent opening and found many weapons there. Toyomi found his rapier and bow along with a fresh quiver of finely made arrows. Relena's twin daggers were nearby along with a matching archery set she claimed as her own. Whether or not it was, Toyomi didn't question. They spotted the axe near the back of the tent, and it took both of them lifting it to carry it out. They tried to stay close to the shadows and within the span of two minutes had returned with the axe. A rack of weapons was nearby, so they engineered it so that it would look as though the axe fell on its own with a clang and within reach of the dragon before melding back into the shadows once again.

My Character Library

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
Advanced AI Tank

darkkitsune
Duke
Duke

Post by darkkitsune »

Alice giggled softly, "I don't think they really care one way or another..." she squeaked then the little girl closed her eyes, the ground around her glowed white. The earth gathered around her, it took about an minute for the earth to 'swallow' her. After it does, half a minute passes before the mount cracks open and reveals an adult Alice though her dress is more new looking, still dusty looking. "Well, I'm no little kid now... are you going to fight me now? or are you going to stand there... and declare that you are honor-less?" Alice smiles as a blade appears from out of the ground taking the handle she takes out a yari. In her paws, it became a long spear with a straight blade, "I'm ready, are you?" She asked. even as an adult she was short, but what fennec was known to be tall.

(yeah, I know.. BigFox is big fennec. hehe)

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

[better, thanks guys... Jarm has some qualms, but they are eased.]

Jarm was surprised, then shook his head. "Magic-users," he spat. The axe dropping nearby was great, as he recognized it as his axe. He swooped down, grabbing it. Now he was ready. "I accept the terms," he said, and charged straight in, letting loose a blast of fire from his mouth. His wings spread wide to create a larger image, and his eyes turned glassy, as rage crept into him.

Bigfox3
God
God

Post by Bigfox3 »

Toyomi and Relena realized that since they both were technically fighting for the same side, it'd be pointless to stay and watch the battle. All of the guards were preoccupied with the battle, and they realized the opportunity that had just been handed to them. When they had retreated far enough, they agreed to a plan. Relena would raid the camp for all the supplies she could find while Toyomi freed the slaves that had been captured. The total number of slaves they'd freed was somewhere around 50, a decent sized crowd. Several children who from their stories had been orphaned, a few capable fighting men and several women comprised the group. Relena had several bags packed with supplies waiting and a few weapons for those confident and capable enough to wield one in a clearing nearby in the forest. As Toyomi made a thorough sweep of the grounds, he did find one child that was nearly left behind. He'd managed to break out of his little cage and was hiding in the back corner of a tent. He was a rather pretty specimen, his eyes a deep amber and his fur an off-white color. When he saw Toyomi, the special ability he had to see into others' motives was activated by the kid. He apparently had a deep need to connect with someone, and Toyomi naturally picked up on that. "What's your name?" Toyomi quietly asked. "D-Dekal," he said and clung to Toyomi like a lifeline.

Relena had finished organizing the groups and had sent them on their way to the nearest town so they could disperse as they saw fit. While Toyomi was gone she'd struck up a conversation with one of the guys, an unusually tall fennec fox with a handsome face and pretty blue eyes. They'd fallen for each other instantly, and by the time Toyomi got back he'd suddenly earned himself a new cousin-in-law. Dekal hid from everyone behind Toyomi's calf, but once he realized Toyomi thought they were safe he came out. "So, the slaves are free, but we should probably go back in and check on our fighting friends. Sir, would you be willing to take Dekal with you?" Toyomi asked, and the fennec chuckled, "Please, we're the same age most likely, call me Big. I don't think I could take him with me even if I wanted to, and he seems pretty well attached to you as is." Toyomi noted this and sighed, knowing he was right. Dekal spoke up for the first time, "Umm...thank you for saving me..." he managed. Toyomi smiled, "I just found you, you saved yourself. We'll do our best to protect you, okay?" Dekal nodded and picked up a dagger that was big enough for him to be a sword, "I'll try to help you. Mr. Dragon is fighting, isn't he?" Relena noted how smart the kid was and said, "Yes, and I think it was to buy us enough time to free everyone. Big, you should go too..." he silenced her with a kiss. "And leave an amazing girl like you behind? I don't think so," he quipped. She blushed and agreed, "O-okay..."

Having settled things, they all silently made their way back into camp. Big guarded their chosen escape route to make sure it was safe while Toyomi, Relena and Dekal silently slid back into hiding to watch the fight escalate.

My Character Library

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
Advanced AI Tank