The adventures of Rif Kit the Merc

This is where all of the medieval Yamaha role-plays are archived.
Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Re: The adventures of Rif Kit the Merc

Post by Kael » Tue May 29, 2012 6:40 pm

Jarm shrugged. "No matter," he said. "I'm used to the last one talking, so at least I don't go charging off whenever I feel like it." The axe gave a mental shrug. 'Don't count on it,' was it's response.

"Why don't you introduce yourself to the rest and make it so you talk to more than just me?" Jarm asked it.

'Might as well. The name's Flamehand. Pleased to make your acquaintence.' The axe projected its voice to all those gathered, but it was prely mental, not verbal.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Sponsor

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Rif twitch very physically when his mind was invaded by the ax, as well as the wolf. Alice giggles and responded back, "I'm glad that you choice your partner. I guess introduces are in order... I've been known by different names over the years but right now... I'm known as Alice. I'm Earthen. Our missions as elemental guardians is to protect the element that you are aligned with. Also, there use to be and I doubt that anyone here would care terribly about this... but there use to be a system where a lord, be it dragon or kitsune, was over or was given power over a group of elements. This kitsune, Rif as he is known now is lord over this group. However, his connection with us has been ... shall we say... sealed for the time being. We as elemental guardians will help unseal this power... though I don't know the exact locations... the temples of the elements would be the places where we would need to re-establish this element connection."
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

Bigfox3
God
Species: Fennec Fox
United States of America

Post by Bigfox3 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:53 pm

Relena visibly jumped when she heard the axe talking and Big had to steady her by placing a hand on her shoulder. The ever calm Toyomi introduces everyone, "My name is Toyomi, chosen by Undine to be the guardian of water. My natural affinity is with its frozen counterpart, so hopefully I can be an asset to the group. This is my cousin Relena, chosen by Sylph to be the guardian of wind, who has a natural ability to sniff out magic. Big is one of the freed slaves who would like to accompany us on this journey to be close to my cousin, and young Dekal, who would also like to stay with us for having made a bond with me and not having any relatives to speak of." Each of the foxes nodded to the group, and Dekal smiled and said, "Hi." Toyomi continued, "If we don't know the exact locations, perhaps our best bet will be to research what we can. The Azalus Library isn't too far from here. When it's light out, we should be able to make it before sunset. If the wolf doesn't awaken before then, we'll grab a wagon from the campsite if the whole thing hasn't been destroyed in order to transport him."
The Dessert War never happened, but I'm deluded enough that I've convinced myself I already won. :3

My Character Library
Click here to see my Deviantart page!

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
'SPAMMA TANK' GAMMA Created by Shade
Advanced AI Tank

Big's quick link to the IRC chat box for those who can never find the thing, like me! 8D

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:15 am

Jarm nodded. This would be fun... though he had a small inkling where the fire temple was. "I'm ready," he said. He put his axe on his back, which glowed a little red as he let go of it. It wasn't exactly happy Jarm was letting go of it. Jarm then bent, his slaver clothes ripping a little bit, and picked up the unconcious wolf. Cradling him, he looked around. "Which way?"

[I'm sry, I don't post as long as you guys... combat makes his posts longer... Jarm is so much combat oriented... >.<]
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:42 am

The two foxes looked at the other foxes, "Yeah... Which way?" Alice's ears go back a little as she went over to Jerm, tugging on the ripped slave clothing "s-sorry for all the damage that did to ya... Will you for-forgive me?" She looked up with her eyes big and her body in the small kit form. she looked like she was about to cry.

Rif shrugged and got up, "Does anyone know where my weapon went... I feel naked without one..." Then looked at Alice and shook his head. He blinked then shivered, then thought, she knew my real name.. how in the ...
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

Bigfox3
God
Species: Fennec Fox
United States of America

Post by Bigfox3 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:19 pm

Dekal picks up the sword and hands it to the fox, "It's a pretty sword, Mr. Rif. Hope you won't have to use it..." He walks over to Toyomi as Big finished putting together the sling they'd be using. "This seems like a long journey, I hope we have fun together," he said absentmindedly to Toyomi. Toyomi understood the wanderlust behind that statement and nodded in agreement, "I'm sure it will be, but always be careful Dekal, and stay close to us. Remember, roads are always best traveled when you're not alone." Dekal agreed, mainly since it wouldn't be very fun.

(Many thanks to Flickerfinger for the details of the library that will be coming up in the next paragraphs)
Their expedition to the library was uneventful. As they came to the towering structure, they noticed the front gate. Its marble front was all too familiar to him, the words engraved above a welcome sight. Dekal pointed it out, "Toyomi? What are those markings above the entrance?"

"Ame niraki domaka, yurari azeku shiha'na. Adomeri kono ahashurami, nohiko kiru sayuaberi. Loosely translated, it means: 'Enter with no harmful intent, and when you leave, good will be sent. Lest in coming evil's delt, judgment oft is tarrying felt," he explained, remembering the wolftaur that had first read it aloud when he'd traveled here many years ago. "It means that we must not enter with ill intent towards the library and its occupants. I had a bit of an adventure here when I was younger, a powerful magician that had found a loophole and was able to enter with harmful intent towards a wolftaur I'd had the privelege of befriending. He was quickly dispatched by us and two others that were with us at the time," he finished.

Big stepped forward to enter first. He felt the tingle of the magic and shivered as he entered, unfamiliar with the workings of it. Relena sneezed as she went through. She sniffed, "That's the real thing alright," she commented offhandedly. The rest of the party also enters unharmed, and immediately they were greeted by a young student of the academy. "Konnichi wa, travelers. Wait, Toyomi-san, is that you?" the student was dressed in the green robes of the academy, a black bat with amber hair that looked familiar. It took him a moment before he connected the name with the face, "Jarix! It's been a while, I almost forgot who you were," he teased jokingly. Jarix smiled, having only been a fledgling disciple when they first met all those years ago after Toyomi's first adventure here. The two had met in the library and he'd been key to helping Toyomi comb through all of the books he'd needed to read to prepare him for the adventures he'd had since.

After introductions were made, he cut to the chase, "Jarix, I need your help, we've some legends about spirits we need to research. In particular about the four elemental lords and their overseer Maxwell." Jarix nodded, "I've since become one of the head researchers here at Azalus from when we last met. I'll be happy to help you in whatever way I can. As for your friend," he added, "The Healers have already been alerted to his presence and will take him down to the recovery wing to treat his wounds." He led the way into the Library proper, bookshelves lining the walls and extending up and down several levels. Ladders and stairways could be seen interconnecting each level, but it took a lot of manpower and a lot of familiarity with the shelves to avoid getting lost. Several doorways also showed private study areas complete with cots for overnight studies. It was a community unto itself, and Dekal clung to Toyomi's leg to avoid getting lost. The came to a larger study room near a window that looked out over the koi ponds of the University. "I have several titles in mind that may help with your quest. I will return as soon as I can," Jarix said before leaving them to get comfortable.
The Dessert War never happened, but I'm deluded enough that I've convinced myself I already won. :3

My Character Library
Click here to see my Deviantart page!

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
'SPAMMA TANK' GAMMA Created by Shade
Advanced AI Tank

Big's quick link to the IRC chat box for those who can never find the thing, like me! 8D

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:57 am

Jarmakla enetered the library, immediately bristling. Great, a fancy place where learning took precedence over practical skills. This was exactly the place he disliked. He carefully kept his temper in check though, and made sure he distanced himself from any and all books.

Being a red dragon and now an elemental of fire, he was right to do so.

A memory popped up. A long while back he had been hired as a bodyguard for a bookstore that was experiencing difficulties. They were in the middle of a fight with the gang members that had been raiding, when Jarmakla let loose his breath weapon...

That went over fantastic, as the night ended with a burnt-down building, wares, a furious storeowner, a furious guard, laughing gangsters, and Jarmakla on the run with no money.