Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Dancing Cat Tavern

This is where all of the medieval Yamaha role-plays are archived.

What's your race?

Feline
36%
Canine
29%
Avian
7%
Other
29%

Total votes: 14

Uhlsaun Torrahel
Duke

The Dancing Cat Tavern

Post by Uhlsaun Torrahel » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:15 am

The Dancing Cat, as it is more commonly known, is located near the very edge of Yamaha Capital. Flanked by the capital city of Yamaha Dynasty and Azalus Library, it is widely used as a stop for travelers to freshen up before entering the Yamaha Capital, City of Intellects. Quite the largest tavern you'll come by in Yamaha Dynasty.

Tacked upon one wall is a large map of the Kingdom of Yamaha, handy for travelers who want to plot their next route. Erelzyne is always willing to point all customers in the direction of the Silver Sands Restaurant, City of Shiroitoshi, and the Port of Hoshiruki. She's pretty certain you can find Yamaha Capital on your own. It's the walled and gated city right down the road from the tavern door.

"Please, keep the fighting to the outer courtyard, and don't consume any of the other customers. It's very bad for business. The Dancing Cat serves hot food, a good night's sleep, and is an easy place to hear the tales of far-roaming travelers. So, please enjoy your stay." Reads the sign tacked up above the door.

Erelzyne Torrahel, or Moon Hunter as she preferred to be called, hummed a mindless tune to herself as she twirled around the Dancing Cat. It took her quite some time to reach the edge of the Yamaha Capital and she hadn’t been given order to approach the hustle and bustle of the capital city. So she stayed in the nearly empty tavern owned by the Torrahel Clan, enjoying the quiet and the privacy it gave her.

As one of twelve children privacy and personal space were something very alien to Erelzyne before she left her home and now she found she could not get enough of either, and she often wondered how she went without for so long. She felt the sudden urge to sing a song she and her favorite sister, Uhlsaun, had been working on before they had had to go their separate ways.

"I used to feel that I could fly. That my soul would never rise and die.
But all that hope was yesterday’s. All that hope was yesterday’s.

I used to feel that I could sing. That I would never feel a thing.

I used to feel that I was loved. That I was nurtured from above.

I used to feel that I was me. That I could be myself and free.

And as I walk along the road, my only goal, is to be known. I do not cry, I do not groan, for I have memories of yesterday.

I have memories of yesterday."

Her voice was mellow and slightly deep for a woman, she frowned. Her voice was not meant for this particular song. She needed a lighter voice, probably she sister’s though a high male voice might suffice. Snorting in distaste at her own voice, wishing it was light enough to convey the emotions she wanted. "Well," Her voice sang even as she spoke. "I can't be perfect." Settling aside her displeasure, she started cleaning the bar, sulking but too proud to call it that.

Erelzyne was a Pit Viper Naga, though she prefered the word 'serpent'. Her entire body was covered in cream-sand colred scales with darker brown adn black spots marking her skin, pale golden eyes looked around the bar with slitted pupils.
Last edited by Uhlsaun Torrahel on Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=purple][i][b][center]"Please, would you tell me why your cat grins like that?"[/i][/b][/center][/color][color=gold]
[right]-Alice, from Alice in Wonderland
About the Cheshire Cat[/right][/color]

Sponsor

JasmineGypsy
Thief

Post by JasmineGypsy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:27 pm

Jasmine didn't really intend to enter the tavern, but the name drew her from the start. "The Dancing Cat," she read to to herself, the ends of her muzzle tugging upwards into a small grin. "Sounds perfect."
Tambourine in paw, she pushed open the door and peered about. It was large and clean, just the sort of place Jasmine preferred; she hated the nasty sort with dirty birds hiding in the corners. "And people think we Gypsies are bad," she muttered to herself, grimacing in reminescence.
Deciding to wait until a few more people had entered the tavern to start her routine, Jasmine took a seat at a nearby table and waved over the serpent lady. "Excuse me, miss," she called politely, a bit intimidated by the viper's beautiful scales. "Would you mind bringing me a mug of water? Oh, and...if I may be so bold...I have a song which might work well with your voice," she added softly, almost afraid to suggest it.
~Jasmine~

Uhlsaun Torrahel
Duke

Post by Uhlsaun Torrahel » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:44 pm

Erelzyne blinked, coming out of her mood with a blush, wells he would have blushed if that weer capable of Nagas. "Water? coming right up, are you surte you wouldn't like anything else though?" Water was plain and free, so maybe this gypsy had no money. Pausing at the door to the kitchen Moon Hunter turned,a dn examined the tigress. "I'll bring you something to eat as well." The girl reminded her of her little sister, Sun Dancer, for whom the tavern had been named. Entering the kitchens it took the Naga no time to heat up the Brown Windsor Soup and ladle it into a bowl, she added a large chunk of fresh bread, and a cup of tea for herslef. She glided out of the kitchena dn to the girl's table, setting the food in front of her before sliding into the chair across from her. Curling her tail under the chair, Erelzyne sipped her tea. "Well, wher are you from adn where are you going?" She smield a closed luip smile, afraid her fangs would scare the other girl off.
[color=purple][i][b][center]"Please, would you tell me why your cat grins like that?"[/i][/b][/center][/color][color=gold]

JasmineGypsy
Thief

Post by JasmineGypsy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:49 pm

Jasmine smiled gratefully as the other sat down, showing off her own fangs. "I'm from everywhere and I'm going anywhere," she replied mysteriously, taking a sip of the soup. "Mmm...this is really good! Did you cook it?" She took another spoonful of it, simultaneously considering the viper before her. She seemed kind. Without warning, Jasmine leaned foward, smiling. "Forgive me if I'm being too forward, but I believe you're a singer and a dancer? Part of a team, am I correct? Perhaps one of a set of sisters?" She nodded. "And grieving, as well. You know, crying is bad for singing. And I asked for water because it's easier on the throat than most drinks you find at a tavern," she added with a knowing grin, "Not because I'm poor."
~Jasmine~

Uhlsaun Torrahel
Duke

Post by Uhlsaun Torrahel » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:06 pm

Erelzyne was taken back by teh feline's boldness. "Its not a set, per se," she admitted. "I my elven other siblings, though I haven't beens eperated from anyone recently. In fact I just saw my sister a few days ago, this tavern was anmed after ehr, you know." There was a bit of pride in her voice. "And I have not been crying." Serpents didn't have tear ducts, it was impossible for them to cry. "I did make the soup its called Brown Windsor Soup, its more meaty." She left the fact that both were carnivorous go unsaid. "I am not a singer or a dancer, again, that is my sister. I just fiddle in the art." She realized how much information she had just given out and wanted to demand the same. "So, wanderer, what's your story?"

JasmineGypsy
Thief

Post by JasmineGypsy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:35 pm

"Hmm. Maybe I looked a bit too far into the future." One of Jasmine's paws reached up to toy with the coin around her neck. "I am, quite obviously, a Gypsy. I heard you singing earlier, not half bad! I dance mostly, my singing voice isn't the best, but I'm not hopeless." She smiled faintly. "I'm...a bit restless. I've nothing left but my art. My tribe isn't the best place to be nowadays..."
~Jasmine~

Uhlsaun Torrahel
Duke

Post by Uhlsaun Torrahel » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:05 pm

"Too far into the futrure?" the question was evident in Moon Hunter's voice. Gold eyes floowed the glinting coin. "that's a strange necklace." She nodded to it. "And thank you for the compliment, we are in need of entertainment here, I would pay you for anythign you could offer." She added, though knowing money did not attract the feline. "What's going on with your tribe, if you don't mind me asking." Erelzyne added hastily.

JasmineGypsy
Thief

Post by JasmineGypsy » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:56 am

Jasmine sighed and looked down at the smooth wood of the table. "Someone in our tribe made the mistake of claiming herself not as a messanger from God, but as a witch, when she went fortune telling. She was burned at the stake before anyone could rescue her." The tigress shut her eyes tightly. "My mother, actually."
~Jasmine~

Uhlsaun Torrahel
Duke

Post by Uhlsaun Torrahel » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:00 am

Erelzyne didn't know what to say, so she just reached out and grasped Jasmine's hand. She had been raised by the Torrahel Clan and had no one mother or father though she knew what it feeled like to loose someone close. Saying 'I'm sorry' wouldn't cut it so she was silent.

CalebFox
Baron
Location: That's on a need to know basis, and nobody but me needs to know!!!

Post by CalebFox » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:35 am

"Well... how do I look?" Ardulbryne asked, looking down at the clothes.
Characters: Ryoho Haruno, Ardulbryne Kilghym

Orothe Naroom
Marquis

Post by Orothe Naroom » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:03 am

Orothe came out around the same time, looking down at himself, though he felt silly, "Yeah, this fits nice I suppose. When's the show going to start?"
I have left due to conflicts with a specific person...

Uhlsaun Torrahel
Duke

Post by Uhlsaun Torrahel » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:12 pm

"Now appearently." Sun dAncer sighed, tieing more scarves onto her clothing and adding bells and other bits of jewerly. "Listen, my family will be helping us, alright? So they'll start off and then its just watching and antisapating." She took a deep breath and tossed three juggling balls at Caleb. "You'll be doing tricks, and you," she said turning to Orothe. "Will be flying around in the air," she smiled, though it wasn't kind. "Doing acrobatics." She picked up a tambourine. "Let's go."

CalebFox
Baron

Post by CalebFox » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:41 pm

((Ardulbryne, not Caleb))

Ardulbryne's eyes half closed. "You just had to make me do that, didn't you. Ah well, I can turn this into something interesting..." He said, plotting.

Uhlsaun Torrahel
Duke

Post by Uhlsaun Torrahel » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:53 am

"Not too intresting or you'll have the guards at our door and Erelzyne and I will gladly give you to them." Uhlsaun put on a smile and stepped out of the room, cheers started immedity and her muffled voice could be heard talking to the audience.
((
Some times you type Caleb some times Ardulbryne, so pick one.
))

CalebFox
Baron

Post by CalebFox » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:35 am

((I've been typing Ardulbryne for a while))

Ardulbryne sighed, and stepped out of the room, a smile on his face as well.