Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Comprehensive List of Feilan Character Stereotypes

Looking for an art or writing tutorial? Or perhaps you have your own art or writing advice that you would like to share? If so, then this is the place.
JamesG
Inquisitor

Re: The Comprehensive List of Feilan Character Stereotypes

Post by JamesG » Mon May 24, 2010 2:33 am

I do not understand a single thing you said. :(
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

Sponsor

zakorath
Duke
Species: Raccoon
Great Britain

Post by zakorath » Mon May 24, 2010 6:04 am

DometriusKing wrote:Everybody Starts Somewhere, Kingdom of Edwin. The pine martin in that RP did some dancing, though I admit she is distinctly cliche in a few other things... lol. All good though, If you hasn't seen it, James, like as not it is a first, and props to Littlewing!
I got everything before the ellipsis, but then it went into modern slang...

"Like as not it is a first." - Is this because you're the third person who has countered the no dancing cliche, or because the dancing pine martin could well be the first ever Feilan to dance?

"Props to Littlewing!" - To be honest with you, I have no idea what this means...

Jackie Haystack
God

Post by Jackie Haystack » Mon May 24, 2010 6:35 am

props is slang for good job

so giving someone 'props' would be a way of saying 'good job' for whatever.

zakorath
Duke
Great Britain

Post by zakorath » Mon May 24, 2010 7:34 am

aha! Makes sense now. Lucky at least one of us understands modern slang.

Somnia
Outlaw
Species: Rat.

Post by Somnia » Mon May 24, 2010 1:11 pm

"Props" is actually a shortened version of "Proper respects". Therefore, the comment "Props to LittleWing" would in an extended sense mean, "Proper respects to LittleWing". Many modern slang words are in fact not very modern at all, and have their original roots in many different languages and time periods. You'd be surprised to hear how many words we use daily originated from Irish Gaelic or Latin.
Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow. - Mark Twain.
Characters!

JamesG
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG » Mon May 24, 2010 4:11 pm

Or French or German.

I can speak in fluent RAF slang... :P
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

zakorath
Duke
Great Britain

Post by zakorath » Tue May 25, 2010 3:23 am

Better than CHAV slang. I swear sometimes when I walk down town, most of the other teenagers are speaking their own language.

That's the worst thing. I'm a teenager; I should understand this slang. Why didn't I get the memo for these things!?

Rainwhisker
King
Species: Lynx canadensis

Post by Rainwhisker » Tue May 25, 2010 4:08 am

Heh, I know that feeling Zakorath.

I just came to Aussie. Well, I'm a bit language savvy so I can get a hint of some of the slang they use here, but sometimes I just go WTF.
Image Image- I pranked/shot Felia. Mwahahaaha!

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

zakorath
Duke
Great Britain

Post by zakorath » Tue May 25, 2010 4:17 am

Man... we've really gone off topic here.

How did we get onto this again?

Oh well... At least the thread's getting some loving.