Meet'n'greet in Edwin. (Open for all)

The most powerful of the nations of Feila, ruled by the Feline. The current system of government is a Feudalist Monarchy, with counties presided over by nobles, whom answer to the monarch. The military, being the Edwinish Army and Edwinish Royal Navy, whilst second largest in numbers, is the most effective fighting force in Feila. It is geographically connected to its larger neighbour, Gawain. Similar to Earth's medieval England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland.
philipandre1231
Baron
Baron
Species: Dragon

Re: Meet'n'greet in Edwin. (Open for all)

Post by philipandre1231 »

Alias gave a deep sigh as he looked at Freya. "As i said... All i need... Is a break from my sister..." He said in a slightly threatening tone as he took another quick sip of his drink. "And Arc is still here. She's in the storm, thinking i'm on a mission with Shackles."
Sponsor

Alden
Baron
Baron

Post by Alden »

Noticing Alias' tone, Alfred considered his options for eliminating him should he attack. The otter hoped that as with Arc, Alias would prove to be not too hostile, at least for the time being.
Alfred decided not to probe the dragon about his travels for the moment. Through later conversation, the dragon would likely unintentionally reveal more about himself, and the otter could further judge the situation from there.

As the otter thought through these things, he finished his Frisian Tea.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Freya probably would have left the conversation as it was if not for the threatening tones. She raised an eyebrow at Alias before she spoke. "a threatening demeanor doesn't exactly elicit feelings of trust." She remarked in casual tones. "Can you really blame me for being curious if avoiding one individual is really a the only reason someone would up and leave an apparently successful mercenary group?" She asked, then shrugged. "Either way, if I wasn't suspicious before, I am now." With that she finished her drink, then her meal, before leaning back in her seat with a satisfied sigh.
philipandre1231
Baron
Baron

Alias sighed. "You must excuse my grumpyness. I will admit i May bring unneccesarry threat to your travels If i should join you... but judging by the... inspecting thoughts of the other and your Fighting capabilities... with my own skills." He said as he gave Alfred a wide grin. "I think it would be of no trouble, If not bring excitement to this trip of yours."

Truth be told, this dragon was going away from his group due to his skills no longer being neccessary. Therefore he would much rather find someone willing to take him with them, If not needing his Fighting skills then rather his skills of seeing thoughts... and reading muscle movements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alden
Baron
Baron

Post by Alden »

Alfred spoke; "I'd be fine with you following as far as the capital so long as Freya here does not mind the extra company."
"Beyond that, we would have to see how it goes."

"I have not had much trouble yet in Edwin, and I'd like to keep it that way, so if you are tagging along to get away from problems with your group or others, I'd prefer it if you settled any issues prior to our departure."

The otter wondered for a moment whether he'd be able to stop or kill either dragon should they turn on him.
He quickly turned his mind away from that line of thought, thinking that there was no point in such speculation. He hoped that Freya would not betray him in any regard, but also understood her obligations to her king, and that those obligations would likely trump any small seed of friendship he'd planted in her mind. He was still unsure of the complete motives of Alias, but if he was anything like his sister, he'd likely be slightly unhinged and potentially dangerous. The dragon could prove to be rather useful in any case.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Freya tapped a claw on the table for a few moments while she thought. Alias still hadn't really elaborated on her question, but at least he wasn't being quite as cagey. Eventually she shrugged. "I'd rather not get dragged into any fights on the way, but I'm not too terribly worried about that. On another note though, should you decide to stir up trouble, I will be forced to act in the best interest of his majesty, and Edwin." She kept her tone neutral. She wasn't making any threats, but merely explaining her situation.

She sighed "At any rate, I wouldn't mind the company for the trip." She told both of them. She looked at Alfred as he worried about betrayal, and cocked her head to one side a bit as her expression turned to one of mild curiosity, though she said nothing on the subject.
philipandre1231
Baron
Baron

Alias smiled and looked at Alfred for a second. "I can tell the Otter is afraid we'll turn on him... And the female... Wants to know my true reason for leaving..." Alias chuckled. Many thought he was like his sister but he was more of the opposite. Where Arc would be sudden and impuslive Alias would be slow and thoughtful. "I am leaving the merc group to live the life of a normal fur in the capitol. I have a friend that offered to let me live with him for a few years until i find a proper job and get my own house. And do not worry about me attacking in an impulsive motion. I would never do such a thing... Unless i could gain an excessive amount from it which is statisticly impossible with a single trip to the capitol."

Alias grinned and closed his eyes for a second to see if he could sense magic and his eyes quickly opened and focused on Freya. He quickly decided not to question her at this moment but rather wait until she trusted him more.
Alden
Baron
Baron

Post by Alden »

Alfred repacked all of his mugs.

"Well, I'm ready to leave whenever you are.", He told the pair.

"Just have to pack a few more items and I'm good to go."
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Freya pushed her chair back from the table. "Well, I guess it's settled then." she said as she got to her feet. "Don't see any reason to stay here any longer." She said as she started walking to her room. "I just need to grab my things, and I'll meet you outside." She called as she disappeared up the stairs to prepare to leave.
philipandre1231
Baron
Baron

Alias nodded and exited the tavern with a grin.
Suki
Peasant
Peasant
Species: Sheep

Post by Suki »

:( Sumi walks in the bar lost hoping to find her way in the new kingdom. 'maybe I should have found another place for directions...' She thought. She looks at Shackles and walks up to him. "H-hello! Could you help me with the directions of this kingdom?"
philipandre1231
Baron
Baron

The dragon turned his attention to the new being which just entered, not quite able to tell it's species he chuckles and waves her over to his table. "You seek a guide?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk