The Dragon's Tail. (Open)

The most powerful of the nations of Feila, ruled by the Feline. The current system of government is a Feudalist Monarchy, with counties presided over by nobles, whom answer to the monarch. The military, being the Edwinish Army and Edwinish Royal Navy, whilst second largest in numbers, is the most effective fighting force in Feila. It is geographically connected to its larger neighbour, Gawain. Similar to Earth's medieval England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland.
Maxwell
Outlaw
Outlaw

Re: The Dragon's Tail. (Open)

Post by Maxwell »

Maxwell calmly walked behind a tree. He wasn't aware of how much a threat the otter was, but he did not care much.

However, when he looked back and saw the black dome from the outside, his blood froze. He couldn't be sure, but he was fairly convinced that this dome was a part of the Abyss. He took cover, knowing that anyone who was in there had a very small chance of getting out. None of his compatriots did.
"You'd better hope that isn't the Abyss," he muttered under his voice, feeling empathy for the soul that resided in the hellhole.
I really enjoy realistic sword fighting.

Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7592&p=136853#p136853
Sponsor

Soga_Cawolf
Rogue
Rogue

Post by Soga_Cawolf »

Soga takes cover behind a tree, His Gun at the ready. He takes a deep breath as he stares at the black domes, and starts mumbling to himself. "I feel rather under powered. Got mad dodge abilities but... Black domes, Glowing eyes, Flying... Never ran into all 3 at once." Soga starts pondering... He looks around for Alfred's party. "This might be a really dumb thing... But I am wondering about their side of this story. If Lore can handle this on his own, I might find them and ask."

Soga looks over at Max. "So... Hello. What is your name?"
We meet ‘neath the sounding rafters, The walls all around us are bare;
They echo the peals of laughter; It seems the dead are there,
So stand by your glasses steady, This is a world of lies.
Here’s a toast to the dead already; Hurrah for the next man who dies.
- Mess song sung by pilots in world war I.
Maxwell
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Maxwell »

Maxwell sat behind his tree, examining his sword. Without looking up, he responds, "Maxwell."
While he didn't like conversations, what little contact he had with other people helped him retain his sanity. Fighting the creatures he did required a sound mind.
"And you? By the looks of it, you aren't from around here." He spoke in his methodical, monotone voice.
He glanced back at the dome. Nothing had happened that he could see.

Soga_Cawolf
Rogue
Rogue

Post by Soga_Cawolf »

"Soga. And no. Lived here for a few years now but... No... not from around."

Soga looks back at the domes, still waiting for the action to happen. "I'm a dungeoneer who maybe too in over his head... Kinda normal actually thinking about it... and you?"
Maxwell
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Maxwell »

Maxwell stood up and stretched, still in the cover of the tree.
"I'm just a hunter, of sorts. I'm not from this place." he said. "I'm just here for personal reasons."
Again, he peeked at the dome.
"I have my doubts about the dragon getting out. What where you hired to chase? What is that otter?"
It wasn't like Maxwell to ask questions, but the dome reminded him so much of his own incident.

Soga_Cawolf
Rogue
Rogue

Post by Soga_Cawolf »

"No. chasing the dragon that was hanging out with the Otter."

Soga shrugs and starts walking away, keeping an eye on the domes.

"Might find him and say hi. want to come?"
Maxwell
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Maxwell »

Maxwell shrugged and nodded. He wasn't going anywhere anytime soon with that thing in the woods.

The forest crept with blackness. A strange fog, darker than the darkest pitch roamed the woods. Neither an inanimate fog, nor a living being, it stalked it's victims. It was aware of the group on the path. It hovered forward, but stopped, simply observing.

philipandre1231
Baron
Baron
Species: Dragon

Post by philipandre1231 »

The dragon laughed at the Otter's feeble attempt at a threat. "Make me!" He yelled back before he lunged himself at the Otter, his hardened wings covering him up as his spins around, his sharp tail tip being flung around with him.
Alden
Baron
Baron

Post by Alden »

Alfred simply sidestepped and then made a quick upwards diagonal slash at the dragon. There was a tangible heat coming from his crimson eye now, and it glowed even brighter. After whirling about to face Lore again, he began a series of quick, but rather strong blows. As this occurred, Lore could see the flesh that had been damaged by Soga's shot earlier rapidly regenerate, essentially stitching itself back together. Even the lost fur around the area regrew.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
philipandre1231
Baron
Baron
Species: Dragon

Post by philipandre1231 »

The dragon laughed as the blade cut through his wing and struck between his scales, a scream loud enough to be heard outside the dome quickly followe yet he had a trick. His muscles shifted quickly to lock the blade inside him as his body spun around, quite forcefully pulling the blade out of Alf's hands, quickly followed by the dome dissapearing.

"Assault him!" The dragon shouted before he collapsed on the ground with a dangerously deep wound.
Alden
Baron
Baron

Post by Alden »

Alfred flicked a hunting knife out of each of his sleeves and into each hand. He hurled one knife at Soga, and then dove for the fallen dragon, hoping to regain his blade.

"Kuso!", Shinya swore, knocking an arrow and aiming at the otter. It was clear he hoped to not have to shoot but even so his hands were steady.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Soga_Cawolf
Rogue
Rogue

Post by Soga_Cawolf »

Soga turns and at the "assault him!" and just manages to notice the knife to barely dodge it. 'whoa... K... this is happening."
Soga takes cover behind a tree. With his laser pistol, he fires 3 bolts in quick succession at Alfred. Soga's left hand reading to draw his blade.
"Max! Get to Cover!"
Maxwell
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Maxwell »

Maxwell walked calmly to cover, unconcerned with the matters at hand. He had no side, nor did he want one. He was simply an observer.
The knife flew past his head, causing him to move a bit quicker and pull out his shield. He hid behind a larger boulder. A twig snapped near him, causing him to look away from the commotion. In the woods, a fair bit away, but close enough to be considered dangerous, he saw a dark, shadowy cloud.
"We have bigger problems here," he said to himself, backing away and drawing his sword.
((Maxwell is out of the story now.))