Holy Redneck Heaven (Edwinish countryside. Open)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
materwolf
Omnipresence
Omnipresence
Species: Collie

Re: Holy Redneck Heaven (Edwinish countryside. Open)

Post by materwolf »

Tim sighed as he took a seat next to Arrow. "You see...when your father and I first met...he was really outspoken about his love for Ma...and well I didn't like it. I told him to back off or I'd hurt him. We scuffled several times and it came to a draw each time because neither of us realy wants to kill the other. I just didn't like the fact a fur-less would want to mate with my mom." Tim sighed "I know he's your father and all, but to me I can't even see your fangs-other than your canines-unless I really look for them. To me, your dad is a fur-less...but you arn't. You look almost purebred wolf."

Magnus sighed and shook her head "I apreciate your protectiveness Tim but you realy must get control over your anger. Nikola wouldn't ever harm me, you know that. He'd certainly never harm Arrow or Aaron. You need to put certain grudges behind you and deal with the preasent. Understood?" The vixen always had that motherly tone and look to her when she was scolding Tim. The wolf nodded and got up "I have to finish the modifications to my revolver for our little surprise with teh Cabal. I'll be in the armory."

As Tim walked off Magnus patted Arrow's paw comfortingly "There there. Tim means well he just doesn't usualy know how to express it. Even after all these years."
"Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise."
-Commander William Riker, USS Enterprise, NCC-1701D-

My characters
[url]http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=4044[/url]
Sponsor

Child of the Enemies
Spy
Spy
Species: wolf/vamp/nephilim

Post by Child of the Enemies »

Arrow nodded at Tims explanation. She knew of her fathers interest in Magnus but she had never really considered how odd that interest must seem to others. She had never really considered her fathers fur-less state since she could share that form at will and had for much of her childhood. Of course she rarely used it anymore since she was constantly around furs but it shocked her to realize the pregudice against her fathers fur-less state. She contemplated that and nodded at Tim again blushing slightly at the half-hidden complement of looking like a purebred wolfess. "I do understand that I guess."

She glanced at Magnus when she mentioned getting over old grudges and wondered if the Vixen might someday be her mother in law. Shuddering slightly at the thought she waved when Tim got up to leave then froze when his words fully sank in. Her eyes moved quickly from Tim's retreating back to Magnus. "What surprise with the Cabal? Magnus you can't let him go against them! Not even the whole team could fight them right now." Her tone easily conveyed her concern for the, to her mind young, wolf that had just walked out and she had to fight to keep from blushing too hard.
materwolf
Omnipresence
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf »

Tim sighed. "To be perfectly honest its a natural reaction. I think it has something to do with him constantly flirting with Ma. I didn't like him at the time. All I saw was a fur-less guy who seemed phony to me. I growled at him and got between him and Ma every chance I got." He sighed and sat back, rubbing the bridge of his muzzle and closing his eyes "Its been a long time...sometimes grudges like that just don't go away very easily, Arrow....I really do try to be nice to him." Tim looked at the wolfess he was talking to "I promise next time I see him, I won't immediately growl at him." Tim got up and went back to the armory and finished the modifications to his rifle and holstered it. After that was finished he went outside to walk the Sanctuary's garden.

My characters
Child of the Enemies
Spy
Spy

Arrow stared after Tim in concern and hoped beyond all hope that he would have enough sense not to try to take on the Cabal. Even with their wepon turned against them the Cabal would tear him to shreds if he tried anything. Her concern for her friend was overpowering but she still managed to feel a small bit of apprehension about what her father might be doing.

Unsurprisingly Nikola had caught back up to the woman he had been trailing previously. Sadly he was now lying passed out on a metal table in the heart of the Cabal's labs straped down. His eyes had barely opened when the restraints around his wrists were shattered and he was on his feet again. 'Idiots.' he thought to himself. 'When will they learn?' His exit from the labs was silent and he made it back to the Sanctuary in time to catch Tim on his way in from his walk.
materwolf
Omnipresence
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf »

Tim knew that a single fur going up against the Cabal was foolish...but he also knew too many furs would draw too much attention too soon. His thoughts were interrupted when he caught an all-too familiar scent. "Nikola." He said with guarded anger. He had promised Arrow after all that he would behave. He stood tensely and looked at the vampire "What brings you back here so soon?" His tone was still tainted with anger, but he was certainly trying to make pleasant conversation. No one could ever say he never tried to hold his part of the bargain up, but his fur was still bristled out and his fists were clenched.

Magnus sat next to Arrow "Relax dear, Tim has some things going through his mind right now. He's worried about you and your pup, worried about me, Ashley, Henrey, and the others. He wants to protect us all and when he sees one of us hurt he feels like he failed, no matter if he could have prevented it or not."

My characters
Child of the Enemies
Spy
Spy

Nikola glared at the young pup in front of him for a moment before his usual smirk took over. "To tell you the truth I just got back from a visit with the Cabal. Nasty hosts that they are they felt the need to knock me out. Therefore they are now several million dollars short on equipment and one vampire short of whatever their plans were. My turn for questions. What are your intentions toward my daughter?"

Arrow considered Magnus' words carefully as she stroked Aaron's head soothingly. "Why does he feel the need to take the well-being of everyone onto his shoulders? He knows we are all capable of sharing that lode."
materwolf
Omnipresence
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf »

Tim blinked in surprise at the calm which Nikola had suddenly achieved. Maybe this calming down around him was going to work after all. Uh-oh. A daughter question. 'Tread Carefully' Was all that ran through his head. "Well...she's a very attractive wolfess, smart girl, and I figured...heh, well, I want to take care of her. Protect her. Make sure no one hurts her like that bastard she was with before." The wolf had stood straight and at attention. Staring straight ahead the whole time.

Magnus thought about it for a second before replying "Because he feels like he failed at protecting his birth mother. See...Tim was only a pup when I found him. A band of mercenaries had raided the village he had been born in. I was traveling through on another exploration when I found a female wolf clutching a bundle tenderly. She'd been badly injured and had bled out so badly that even with modern equipment I doubt I could have saved her. The bundle she had in her paws was Tim. She looked at me and in her native language she begged me to take him. Pleaded me to raise him as my own. I agreed and accepted. Tim must have been awake and watched as she lay back and died shortly after. I think because of that incident, he makes it his personal mission to protect everyone. To try and compensate for being helpless when his mother was attacked. Not to mention his entire life has been filled with military training and emphasis on 'failure is not an option' thinking. He's seen so much death that I think he believes Death is his enemy. Since it can't get to him it attacks his loved ones, the people he holds most dear." The vixen sighed "I've tried to talk to him a few times about it, but he's set in his ways." She stood "I have to check something in my office, just call me on the intercom if you need anything." She smiled as she walked away.

My characters
Child of the Enemies
Spy
Spy

Nikola continued to stare at the young wolf in front of him for a few moments as he processed the answer he had been given. He did, contrary to popular belief, actually like the young man before him. He held him in respect only a few notches below that of Helen and for him that was high praise..... Not that he would ever tell the boy. He had known Tim from the time Helen brought him back as a pup and had watched him grown into a fiercely loyal and strong young wolf. Nikola's overprotective nature was holding him back in this consideration. Arrow was his only child and he had no desire to see her hurt again. He nodded slowly to Tim. "If you hurt her you will deal with me though." With that he continued on his way.

Arrow thanked Magnus as she walked out then turned her attention to her son as she pondered Tim's story. She had already known that Magnus had found him when he was barely a pup but this new understanding of his past helped her understand his actions a bit better.
materwolf
Omnipresence
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf »

Tim nodded "Yes sir." Tim followed "You got out of the Cabal's place?" Tim asked. An idea came to him, "Nikola...seeing as you can escape the Cabal headquarters...hare taking my revolver in there and shooting the bastards with their own weapon?" He asked. "What would you say if I told you I had modified my revolver to use the Cabal's own bullets against them? The same ones they shot Arrow with." He took out one of the bullets from the rifle and showed it to the vampire "These are what they shot her with. made it so the would wouldn't clot or hold shut with sewing. Ma had to pull every M.A.S.H. trick she knew to close that wound up. Here's your chance to get even. I'll even go with you. Whatdya say?" The wolf hoped he had Nikola's attention. Tim would need the vampire's help if he had any hope of getting in-and more importantly- getting out of the Cabal Headquarters alive.

My characters
Child of the Enemies
Spy
Spy

Nikola turned back and stared at the young wolf. "Why would I go back there and risk my daughters displeasure? I know her feelings about the Cabal and those about lone missions. I wil not risk losing her to foolish bravery so soon after getting her back." He layed a hand on Tim's shoulder. "Don't make the mistake of trying to protect her Tim. It will only hurt her more. Wait and let her heal. Then she can go with us, and will be less likely to rip you to pieces."
Last edited by Child of the Enemies on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
materwolf
Omnipresence
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf »

"Its either her displeasure or her life. Do you think the Cabal have been sitting around for a while twiddling their thumbs? They've been using viruses to probe the Sanctuary's defense net for weaknesses for years. Henry said if all the viruses he's stopped were from them-Which he suspects-they know every weakness in the computer system. That includes the EM shield, the electronic gate locks, the the emergency bulkheads between the sections of the house, everything. An attack is coming Nikola. Personally I'd rather attack them first instead of being on the defensive all the time." Tim retorted. He was angry-not at Nikola, but at the situation. "I served under General Patton in World War two, he showed me that going on the offensive works. If your attacking all the time your enemy has no opportunity to regroup and form suitable defense. That's what we need to do to them. Put the heat on them for once. If we succeed it'll be years before the Cabal is a threat to us." Tim sighed and took out one of the special bullets "This is what they made. This is what they shot Arrow with. How many more abnormals have they shot with these? How many of them have died? I'm attacking them whether or not you come with me."

My characters
Child of the Enemies
Spy
Spy

Nikola continued into the Sanctuary and made his way down to the infirmary.
"Stop wiggling dearest or I cant put a new shirt on you." Arrow poked her son gently before continuing to fight to cloth him. She caught her fathers scent and looked up to see him grinning at her from the door. "Hey dad. Something wrong?" He shook his head and sat down on the edge of her bed.
"Nothing is wrong. It's just nice to see you so happy." He brushed a few locks of her silver-blonde hair away from her face before helping her dress his grandson.
"I hate to bring it up because I know how you'll react but Tim is planning to go after the Cabal." Nikola glanced at his daughter and was somewhat shocked to see her nodding.
"I figured he would. It doesn't matter what I say; so long as any of us are in danger he wont stop. Let him do what he feels he must, but if he gets hurt he'll have me to deal with." She sighed and cradled her son close. "Anyway... Have you seen Suflet? He should still be here somewhere."
materwolf
Omnipresence
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf »

((Sorry for the LOOOONG absence, but I have nets again, so I'm back))

Tim cocked his Colt 1911 and tucked it in a shoulder holster. He was gunning for blood. The Cabal have gone too far this time. 'No way will they get away with this.' He thought to himself. The trunk of the General Lee was filled with guns and ammunition. True the back end of the car would be much lower than normal, however the strong shocks installed years ago for moonshine running were coming in handy yet again. He shut the trunk lid of the car and went to talk to Magnus, see if there wasn't any additional information that she could supply him with before he went to attack.
As Tim walked through the halls, the sounds of his boots and the sound of the leather gun belts he was wearing seemed ten times louder than normal. The wheight of the 1874 Sharps Buffalo rifle was comforting in his paw. On his hip was the very first weapon he was issued...the 1862 Richmond .44 Cap and Ball revolver. The one firearm Tim would never get rid of. The weapons he wore he hardly felt the heavyness...his heart was a chunk of lead however as he slowly made his way through the halls, taking his time, looking around as if he would never see the Sanctuary again.

My characters
Child of the Enemies
Spy
Spy

Arrow's nose twitched along with her son's as they caught Tim's scent in the halls once more. She glanced sadly at the infirmary door as she caught the underlying sadness and fear in his scent but she knew there was nothing she could do for her friend. She had learned quickly when they were children that once he had his mind made up there was no way to stop him.
"Be safe Tim." She whispered softly as she cradled her confused son in her arms.

Nikola heard his daughters soft whisper and laid a comforting hand on her arm. This was a side of him few ever saw, even his daughter, but he knew it was exactly what she needed right now. 'You better make it back little whelp.' He muttered internally, 'For her sake if not for Helen's.'
materwolf
Omnipresence
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf »

Tim peeked into Magnus' office and looked at the fur who may as well been his mother. The vixen was sitting behind her computer, engrossed as ever in her noble work. With a mental photo, Tim resumed his trek back to the garage. When he got in and started the 440 Magnum V-8 and looked up, all sadness was put away for a while, and there was anger in its place. As the garage door opened and the car thundered out, leaving a pair of rubber trails behind it, Tim's only thought was 'Old White, please help me get through this.'

At the Cabal headquarters, there was no sign of any alerts, no worries aside from teh day to day goings on inside. It seems as tho the rampaging wolf speeding towords them in a silly orange car either didn't worry them, or they didn't know. As the sounds of a very powerful engine just started to be heard from a distance by the gate guards, the white fluffy cat in charge of teh Cabal smiled as she inspected a small padded suitcase, with the contents inside a small assortment of bullets like the one that had hit Arrow. "Very good. We'll show Dr. Magnus how to deal with unruley abnormals this time.

At that moment, alarms sounded and gunfire could be heard. Down at the front gate, the guards had spotted the General Lee and began shooting, but Tim was returning fire. The heavy steel framed car ripped through the flimsy guard shack effortlessly, taking out the two guards with it and skidding around the side to avoid the wall. Parking in a very acessable spot, Tim grabbed his rifle and a few of the other guns in the trunk of teh car. At this point he looked more like the main character from the movie "The Punisher" than anything else. He had also desided to wear a bullet proof vest., just to be safe. With weapons in paw, Tim-the feared warrior of the failed revolution, leader of multiple militia forces, and smuggler extrodinare-was unmistakably a trained soldier at this moment.

Guards scrambled for the gun lockers as the main door was shattered with a shotgun blast. A strange looking wolf was there, armed nose to footpaw with every type of firearm imaginable. The M-4 Carbine he was using as his main weapon was devestating to the crowds around him. To the panic-striken fur there, it looked like he was shooting everyone in sight, but in reality he was shooting only those furs he had recognised his last time here when he had been captured. With the first 30 round magazine empty, he knelt down, reloaded and was up again in an instant. He went over to the elevator and hit the button for the top floor. No point in fighting through all the guards to try and get to the penthouse office.

My characters