Holy Redneck Heaven (Edwinish countryside. Open)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Child of the Enemies
Spy
Spy
Species: wolf/vamp/nephilim

Re: Holy Redneck Heaven (Edwinish countryside. Open)

Post by Child of the Enemies »

Arrow heard the screach of the tires and sent out a brief prayer that he be safe before she slowly moved to get out of her bed. Once again she planned to ignore Helen's advise of bed rest in favor of something more productive. Mindfull of her stitches, the young white wolf padded through the halls of the Sanctuary to sit beside Sally's tank and catch up on everything that had happened within the Sanctuary since she had fled. It was another three hours before she smiled and thanked the telepath for her help then headed for the labs, knowing that she would find Magnus there.
"He went after them," she said as she carefully took a seat beside her fathers best friend, "Dad tried to convince him not to but he said he would go anyway and he has. I'm sorry."
Sponsor

materwolf
Omnipresence
Omnipresence
Species: Collie

Post by materwolf »

"I know." The vixen replied looking sad, but trying poorly to hide it "Ashley's collection of firearms is missing several prized peices, the only one willing to take them would be Tim. I've had Henrey arrange for a power outage at the Cabal headquarters, hopefully that will help Tim out, at least long enough for him to get himself out of there. He went in there for you you know Arrow." She pulled out a letter and handed it over "You know soldiers' habits, before a big battle they write a letter for loved ones...." for a half a second there was a tear in Helen's eye, but with a quick guesture it was wiped away "You wouldn't beleive how many of these Tim wrote me when he was involved in the Great Wars." It almost sounded like she was trying to reassure herself more than anything. After a short pause she held up a vile "This was what was inside the bullet you were hit with. Its a genetic compund that is esigned to stop the body's natural defences from functioning due to an injury. What id does is attacks the cells that attempt to form clots, thats why you were bleeding so badly." She set the vile down and picked up another "I've come up with an antigen -hopefully- that will nullify the effects, allowing the injured to try and heal. I think you should try it out, seeing as you can't stay in bed." Magnus smiled a bit at Arrow, knowing how hard it was to stay off one's footpaws while injured, especialy with so much going on around them. "How's Nicola doing?" Magnus asked, hoping to stay off the subject of Tim. She knew full well Tim was an experianced soldier and could handle what was happening...but it never stops a mother's worry...

Meanwhile:
The sounds of bullets bouncing off steel gurders inside the Cabal headquarters building, shouts of the wounded and frightened guards, and the ever constant sounds of gunfire were echoing through the hallways. In a matter of minutes Tim had fought his way through half a dozen guards, and begun to work his way into the penthouse, where the Cabal leader was. Defences were now being hastily thrown up all around teh stairwells and other pasageways to the main office. Seated in an office chair just around the corner from one of the defences, the wolf reloaded his revolver and took the M-4 Carbine off his back, checking to make sure the M-203 Grenade launcher was loaded. laying the weapon across his lap and lighting a cigar he called out "Hey! If any of you guys wanna drop your guns and leave I promise I won't shoot ya." He would keep his word, but the fear the guards had against him was nothing in comparison to the fear against their employers. So reluctantly the guards hid behind overturned desks and clutched the riot shotguns and .9mm Assault rifles they had. A few poor soles hadn't been lucky enough to get to the armory and still had nothing larger than tazers. After a few moments pause Tim sighed "Alright, if thats the way you want it..." He stod up and turned around the corner, firing the grenade and then opening fire with the 'automatic' setting on.
"Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise."
-Commander William Riker, USS Enterprise, NCC-1701D-

My characters
[url]http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=4044[/url]
Child of the Enemies
Spy
Spy

Arrow stared blankly at the letter in her hand until she realized Magnus was still speaking. She came back just as the cure wad mentioned and imediatly held out her arm.
"Anything to help me get back to fighting condition. My dad's fine... I think." Just as she mentioned him Nikola entered the room and gave his daughter a sorry look as he sat down beside her.
"Arrow... We need to talk. Soon. Let Helen give you her antidote, go read Tims letter, then come find me." he left quickly and Arrow expectantly held out her arm. As soon as the antidote had hit her blood stream and Helen released her she ran to her room and tore open Tim's letter.
materwolf
Omnipresence
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf »

the letter was written in the old fassioned style 1860's penmanship and was very carefully writen.
"Dear Arrow,
I assume since you are reading this letter that I have gone off to get revenge on the Cabal. I pray to Old White that Ma gave you this letter out of worry and not because I failed. If that is the case, then rest assured, if no news of my demise has found you yet, than I am alive...I think. And if I am alive I should be home about sunset today. Otherwise...I am sorry. If you are reading this because I fell in battle, then I leave it to you and Ma to divide my belongings between you two. Either way of course, there is a schooling fund already set up for your son, and reguardless if I am alive or dead there is a suitcase with five million dollars. Cash, unmarked small bills. It is yours. Know that I always cared for you and always will., Loveingly yours General Timothy Brian Ryan Wulffe."

Magnus buisied herself with research and paperwork, trying not to look at news on the internet or turning on the radio. SHe didn't want to know if Tim had died yet. She wasn't ready and couldn't handle it right now if he had.

Tim stood in teh doorway, dead guards laying scattered on the floor all around him. Smoke and the scent of death and gunpowder hung in the air of the penthouse office as the M-4 clattered to the floor empty. The only other fur alive on this floor -there were undoubtably guards and reinforcements of some kind heading up the stairs right now-was the Cabal leader. Thanks to the M-203 grenade that exploded, the heavy shelf in the cat's office had fell over and pinned one of her arms, shattering the elbow and causing her extreme pain. The pistol she had gotten ready for Tim had been knocked out of her paw and lay only a mere inch just out of her reach. Tim approached the desk seemingly calm and spitefully scoots the pistol just a few more inches away. "You look like a fit woman. You must work out. Ever try a Semetrix?" As he said this he had pulled out the small anti-personelle mine out of his haversack and pulled Daine's arm outstretched. He set the mine in her paw and pulled the tripwire detonator wire out and tied it on some damaged pipeing above her head. "This anti-personelle mine whieghs 8 pounds. Not that much. But try holding it with an outstretched arm, heh, quite a workout." He tipped her a farewell salute and started to head out the door, pulling his 1862 Richmond Model revolver from its holster "Oh yeah, forgot one thing." Without missing a beat he fired the .44 caliber lead ball into one of teh cat's knees. The woman yelled in agony and struggled, unable to even hold the wound because of her pinned arm and the basicaly booby trapped mine in her paw. "That is for Arrow." he fires into her other knee. "And that is for her son." He headed out the window and used the fire escape to get back down to the bullet riddled General Lee, somehow manageing to start the motor. With an act of nothing being wrong, the wolf guided the belt-squeeling, grey smoke billowing, flat tired, swish cheese holed charger onto the road and after a few hours the clanking, smokeing and squeeking car cluttered up to the Sanctuary's gate before finaly giveing up with a loud, black smoke backfire. Tim sighed and tyeped in the code to open the gate, then pushed the car inside and up to the front of the house before going inside, just as he was about to reach magnus' office the shock wore off and he yipped and collapsed, there was two .9mm bullets lodged in his left leg, the blood soaking his pants and makeing him reel with dizzyness and pain. (WOW! No idea I was going to post this long. And by the way, have you talked to Sam any time recently?)

My characters
Child of the Enemies
Spy
Spy

Arrow stared at the letter for a long time in stuned silence before curling into a ball and clutching the letter close as she cried and prayed that Tim would be safe. Barely five minutes passed before she heard the bang of the Lee backfiring and she was on her feet and out in the hall in an instant there were two levels between her room and the main entrance and for the first time in a long while Arrow used the vampiric traits she had inherited from her father to jump the railing and land lightly on her feet.
"Tim....." Arrow could barely get his name out when she saw him lying in a pool of his own blood. She ran to the emergency button that was by the stairs and pressed it before returning to Tims side and collapsing to her knees next to him. As the siren rang through the Sanctary she did her best to stop the bleeding. Her snow white fur was quickly stained red as she held her paws over each of the bullet wounds in his legs. 'Hurry up Helen... Come on.... Dont you dare die on me Timothy...' Her thoughts raced as footsteps began to echo up the halls.
materwolf
Omnipresence
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf »

Tim grunted and whinced, paw gripping his leg "Damn...I-I'm starting to loose my touch...70 years ago I could have done that in two minutes flat and no wounds..." He grunted and whined.

Helen heard teh alarm and literaly jumped over her desk, grabbing her gun and a medkit as she raced into the hall and spotted Tim. "Oh god! Arrow! What happened?" She asked as the vixen hurriedly feild dressed the wounds and looked at Arrow "Hurry, we need to get him to the lab, Move it! You get his legs carefully and Ill get his head." She picked up Tim and muttered, "Damned foolish pup going and takeing on the Cabal Headquarters all by yourself...your not as young as you used to be and this isn't World War Two..."

My characters
Child of the Enemies
Spy
Spy

Arrow gently lifted Tim's legs and helped get him to the lab and into a bed. "Idiot. Why did you do that?! You know if you had just waited I would have helped!" There was terrified fury in Arrows tone as she scrubbed up and began to assist Hellen in patching up Tims newest battle wounds. A soft gurgle from the doorway drew her attention and she whiped around to see her son cradled gently in her fathers arms.

Nikola slowly aproached the group. "Get washed up and hold your son Arrow. I'll help Hellen finish up. I need to talk with them both anyway." He watched as she washed what little blood there was on her fur off and gently transfered his grandson into her arms before shooing them out. When he turned back there was fury in his eyes but he kept his word and began to help remove one of the bullets from Tim's leg.
materwolf
Omnipresence
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf »

Tim grunted and put his Swiss Army Knife in his mouth to bite on. More to prevent Nikola from getting the satisfaction of hearing him whine. He smirked "Hey, I swear I didn't feel it till I fell. So it shouldn't count. Besides, its just a regular round...right ma?"

Magnus was focused on her work but nodded. She pulled the bullet out with a small set of surgical tongs "Yes Tim. A regular .9mm automatic round. Most likely from an MP5. I say you galanting off like that was damned foolish. Did you at least acomplish your mission?" She asked as she put medical gauze on the wound and applied a pressure dressing to it after sewing it up. "Timothy you are bedridden for two weeks no exeptions, understood?" The tone in her voice was that of a mother grounding her son. Tim spit out his swiss army knife and nodded "Yeah ma. I understand. Trust me, all the paw to paw combat I did left me tired enough to sleep that long anyways. And yes. That white cat lady is dead. Along with everyone else that was between me an her and the way out. How's the General Lee doin?" He asked as he looked at Nikola, trying to stall the wrath of the man.

My characters
Child of the Enemies
Spy
Spy

For the first time in nearly fifty years Nikola let go of all control over his vampiric nature and growled at the foolish pup before him. "Timothy Brian Ryan Wulffe do you realize what you almost did not ten minutes ago?!!! My heart may not beat but hers does and it stopped back there in the hall. You nearly killed her without even realizing what was happening!" The furious vamp moved away from the pups bed quickly and slammed his fist into a wall. "Im sorry Helen..." his features slowly faded back to normal but his eyes remained nearly black. "Timothy vampires mate for life. We cannot live if our mates die. If you had died back there Aaron would be an orphan and both your mother and I would be mourning and planning funerals. You hold more than one life in your paws now that she has chosen you. Dont destroy her." With that he walked out and went to find his daughter.
materwolf
Omnipresence
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf »

Tim stayed quiet through the rebuke. Mostly because he didn't want to cry at the pain in front of Nikola. He blinked as he registered what Nikola had said, thinking to himself 'wait....mated? She mated with me? Holy crap! She didn't say anything...or rather nothing official!' He yipped and flinched as Magnus dug the bullet out. "Sorry, Tim. There simply wasn't time to give you an anastetic. Your lucky. An inch higher and you would have bled out moments after you were hit. Now lay down and stay. You are not to get up for at least a month exept for use of the restroom. No exeptions." Tim, used to such stern orders from her after being injured. It was her way of keeping from crying.

Magnus had a hard time of keeping her tears from falling as she finished up with Tim's wound and headed out of the room. She gasped as she exited teh front doors and saw the bullet riddled, smokeing and fluid dripping wreck that only a few hours before was a mint condition car. "Oh good gods Tim!" She said as she examined the damage.

My characters
Child of the Enemies
Spy
Spy

Arrow cooed softly to her son as she slowly made her way back to the infirmary. She was still terrified by what had happened in the lobby earlier but as her own heart rate had settled she was slowly reasured of her mate's wellbeing. Aaron gurgled back at his mother as they rounded the final corner and they approached the doors. She smiled when she saw Tim lying in bed being obediant for once.
"Hey. Are you alright?" She carefully took a seat beside him on the edge of the bed and hovered one paw over the bandage on his leg. "You gave us all quite a fright... Timothy what were you thinking?! Do you realize you could have gotten yourself killed?!!" Her terror and relief finally bubbled to the surface and tears quickly began falling. "You almost died Tim... You almost left us all..."
materwolf
Omnipresence
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf »

Tim waved as he saw Arrold sit up in the bed, flinching at the movement. "I'm alright, Arrow. It was only a little bitty .9mm. Not like the bits of .50 cal in my rump from WWII." he chuckled. He stopped when she rebuked him as well. He leaned over to hug her, flinching but not careing at the pain right then. He held her and rubed her back. "Shh, its alright."

Magnus had the General Lee...or rather the remainder of it...dragged into the garage. The car itself was done for, but it had sentimental value to not only Tim, but to her as well. She arranged for it to be melted down and re-molded into the bits needed to rebuild the car, only adding metal as was needed. It was a near impossible task, but she knew her coshe knew of- could handle it. She wanted it to be a surprise for Tim when he got better. A month was more than enough time to rebuild a car from the molding up...right?

My characters
Child of the Enemies
Spy
Spy

Arrow clung tightly to Tim as she sobbed and it wasn't until her tears began to slow that she registered the sharp pain lancing through her leg and chest. She pulled back quckly to see that she had been pressing against his injuries. She gasped and smoothed one paw gently across the bandage on his leg before looking at him again. "Tim... What happened with my father?" She slowly pulled back from touching him and placed her hands in her lap while she waited. She was sure that he had been told of what she had done but she wanted to hear Tims response before she tried to explian anything.
materwolf
Omnipresence
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf »

Tim held Arrow through the whole time she was crying. He was barely holding back tears of his own. He flinched a bit as she pressed on his wounds but he tried not to show the pain. To be strong for her. When she asked him the question he sighed "Well...your dad...he really cares for you. A lot. He told me.....well...he told me you had chose me as your mate and that vampires mate for life. He said 'Don't destroy her'." Tim looked at her for an explination.

Magnus had compsed herself after a few minutes in the bathroom. She rinsed her face in the sink with cold water, then thougholy dried it with the paw towel before redoing her makeup and hair. She stepped out of the bathroom and headed back to her office.

My characters
Child of the Enemies
Spy
Spy

Arrow blushed when she ralized exactly what her father had told him and carefully scooted up to sit beside Tim as she took his paw. "Like my dad said we mate for life. But for vampires it's far more complex. When vampires mated it was with the understanding that they had forever to be together. When they mated it tied their lives together so closely that should one die the other would as well. When my dad made his mate choice I argued with him for hours over the fact that at any moment his mate could die and I would be left alone. He was right though when he assured me she was strong. Im sure he would be arguing with me right now if it weren't for the fact that he knows how strong you are." She absently rubbed at her chest as she spoke, remembering clearly how her own heart had stopped when his did the same in the hall. She was carefull when she looked up at him, fearfull that Tim's protective nature would have him push her away. "Dad worries that one day you wont come home and he'll find me..." She stoped and looked away again.