The Exile's Return (Edwin, CLOSED)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Artashir
Outlaw
Outlaw
Species: Barbary Lion

Re: The Exile's Return (Edwin, CLOSED)

Post by Artashir »

Art was standing by the front and kept his attention elsewhere to the couple's quick argument, when he felt eyes on him, and glanced at the other foxes. At the moment, he didn't had a clear of their personal output, but he noticed one of them looking at him with some recognition. Blinking, he leaned against the wall and crossed his arms, to try to think of his life, any fragment of memory. Nothing but foggy memory.

Just then the doorbell rang. Moving aside for Fritz to get the door and let Spike in, the two was hurried into his room. Looking around, the lion found the room comfortable. "Nice." He complimented and after heard the fox's suggestion, he wouldn't think his name would be quick to find on the internet, he doubt he was anything important.

The lynx flailed his arms in anger as he tried to look over the dashboard, "Dang, he got away!" He cried out in frustration, little fangs bared. "Who? What's going on?" Realizing his temper, the lynx pointed out, "The lion, sir. A criminal have my-" Just then, he growled again, "Oh forget, I am hunting down some criminal who have your friend as company. I don't know if she is assisting him but he have a bounty on his head that is worth to stupid get-up."

Looking hurt and betrayed, Ferdy stopped the truck. "Ok, Kid. I don't know your game but this is not funny." He said abit angry, unsure about the lynx and his explanation. "Believe me or not, we need to get to the Mark or things are going to get ugly." The short cat said without a hint of malicious intention but more of a warning.

"Is that a threat?" Ferdy asked, taking it as such. "More or less, if I catch him, I'll give you 40% cut for your troubles." The lynx said, digging into his vest. The bull thought for a moment on that, "Are you seriously a bounty hunter?" Prepared, the lynx produced a pawful of folded letters, "All issued to catch him, dead or alive. 5,500 dollars."

"Wow, alot for one guy. Who is he?" Ferdy asked. The lynx smiled as he put the letters away and pulled out a short-barrelled semiautomatic pistol with a silencer-like barrel. "Woo!" Ferdy shouted in surprise, still can't believing this kid-like feline was a bounty hunter. "W-what is that?" "A Walther P-38 pistol, made during the Second World War by the Gawain military. Durr-" The lynx replied as if obviously. "No! Why do you have it out while I am driving!" Ferdy screamed, frantically keeping his eyes on the road and this insane cat. "Oh stop being a baby and keep your eyes on the road, the safety is on and I am making sure it is ready for action." The bounty hunter said before changing the subject, "How's gas?"
Sponsor

Larcen
Duke
Duke
Species: Coyote

Post by Larcen »

Spike barely had time to "Woop!" as she was dragged inside. She managed to grin awkwardly and wave in salutation to the blur of foxes going by, before being shoved into Fritz's bedroom. All of a sudden, she felt like she was out of her element. So...much...yuppie. Mustn't...say...anything...stupid. She locked her paws behind her back and made sure to not touch.

"Like, wow. Really, Firejanks? I mean, wow," she said, marveling. Don't say anything else! Too much serious stuff going on--"it's like the 80's woke up in the 90's with a hangover, snorted a line of glam, and puked into a pimp hat." Darnit. Ok, don't mind the hyena in the back.

"So like, yeah! Good idea, dig up whatever we can on this guy," Roberta chimed, trying to turn attention away from her stupid. She ran a paw through her mane. This was way more stress than she had wanted to deal with after work. As far as intel went, Roberta only used computers to print out pallet labels at the foundry, and...well, let's just say the monitors only showed one color, the computers were so old. Hard to believe in this day and age, but Roberta had never even sent an email. Therefore, she was useless. She hung back and looked around in disgusted wonder.
Last edited by Larcen on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

You say 'fundamentalist' like it's a bad thing. X3
Bigfox3
God
God
Species: Fennec Fox

Post by Bigfox3 »

As Fritz pulled up the search engine, he was shocked at what he saw on the homepage headlines. He reads it aloud, "CEO OF PATIUS CORPORATIONS GONE MISSING! CHAIRMAN MAXWELL VALENTINE TAKES HEAD SEAT! Sheesh, they could've done without the caps-lock." He looks at the two photographs. The one on the left is clearly Art before his ditching in the desert, "You look snazzy in a suit, Art," he comments and turns his attention to the rest of the article, "CEO and Viscount Artashir Patius, of the Patius Family and their effects, has been confirmed missing by police after a couple weeks of searching him in 'dref yn syllu y llew' and around his known locations. The Board of PaC have elected Chairman Maxwell Valentine is take the lead of the corporation until the Viscount is located and identified..." He turns and looks at the lion. "Viscount, huh? Looks like you've got a fancy title and some money in addition to good looks. Good thing I've already got you in my bedroom or else I'd be jealous," he chuckles jokingly. He looks at the replacement CEO Maxwell, a well-groomed middle-aged red fox with black headfur, tired and heavy-lidded green eyes, a lean body, a scar on his lip, and wearing a red business suit. "I don't trust that guy," he said bluntly, "Has this article triggered any memories for you?"

(I cheated on this post, Art gave most of the information to me. Thanks~! XD)
The Dessert War never happened, but I'm deluded enough that I've convinced myself I already won. :3

My Character Library
Click here to see my Deviantart page!

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
'SPAMMA TANK' GAMMA Created by Shade
Advanced AI Tank

Big's quick link to the IRC chat box for those who can never find the thing, like me! 8D
Artashir
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Artashir »

Art stared at the screen in complete disbelief, he actually was someone. Looking at the picture of himself, standing stoic and a face bordering polite friendliness and cold apathy, made him think 'Was I always so...business-like?' Then he felt a memory piecing together and forming into a vision.

"Isiarll Patius!" One of the more closer members of the Media Horde called, a pretty vixen in a light grey outfit, tried to thrust out her microphone towards him. Standing at the top of the stairs leading into the PaC tower, one of the largest and more iconic buildings in his side of Gwynedd, the lion stared down at the woman, acknowledging her presence. "Is it true you have expanded your business in foreign nations?"

"It is true." He answered carefully with a deep, rumbling voice, "We have strengthen our alliance with Yamaha's Lan Long Industries and our twin in Kahun is starting to restore environmental business in Raven Territories." This inevitably brought tedious questions from her rivals and more annoying flashes of cameras, prompting the lion to put on his teashades with a hardly noticeable scowl. Answering with little revealing information, only satisfying bits to keep the vultures down.

Blinking at last to this, Art flattened his ears and looked at the picture of Maxwell, bringing a more vivid image that might have been recent.

"Isiarll Patius, I must object to you giving the media any information about the Raven Territories' project. That would have alarmed our rivals." Chairman Valentine said with a slight hint of annoyance, since he was heading that assignment. The board meeting was held in the 89th of 100 floors, the room was ventilated with a long rounded table to hold the twelve highest ranking men in the corporation, with Artashir as the head and only one not facing a opposite.

The calm-faced lion had his clawed fingers pressed together and drummed them to a click, signifying he was in, as he like to put it, 'Plotting Mode'. His bright golden eye looked at the usually opposing fox with mild interest. "Chairman, if I didn't want to tell them about the project, I wouldn't, it is give them a sense of information. People can spy and obviously see a project being made. The government may have a businessman's influence, but I am not stupid enough to believe myself all-powerful and invincible to public fury and downfall. They know what is needed and 'you' are the one responsible to make sure it stay that way. Understand?"

Maxwell gave a submissive gesture and nods, "Yes, sir." "Good, I do not want to correct another mistake, Chairman. I had good faith to allow your family and business into mine, don't let this opportunity go to waste." Artashir said, rubbing his index claws together as they gave a quiet grinding, but Maxwell knew completely what he meant by 'correct' and unconsciously bit the scar on his lip. "I won't, sir. I promise you."

With a nearly invisible grin of satisfaction in his dominance, "Good." Then he looked at the others, all dressed properly and veterans of their duties in this empire, silent and respectable. "Now gentlemen...and Mistress Tung," He said, bowing his head respectively to the venerable leopard on the other side of the scar-faced Viktor Wilson, "Any developments of late?" "Our shipment have finally arrived in Domus as requested, sir." Viktor said with his noticeable Gawain accent. This seemed good as the lion smiled more, with a slight show of his flesh-tearing fangs.

Flattening his ears and gripping a hand into a tight fist, Artashir with enough memory to recall and his old self started to surface, "Maxwell..." He growled and lifted himself up. As he repeated that name, he started to piece things together.
Larcen
Duke
Duke

Post by Larcen »

Hanging back with her paws clasped safely behind her back, Roberta merely watched as the higher-class furs did their thing. Something seemed to change in Art's demeanor as he read the article. A familiar feeling came over Roberta, and the fact that it was the feeling it was struck her as weird, because she was at a friend's house. The feeling she got was the same kind she got when Mr. Shepherd of R. H. Shepherd, the foundry where she worked came by. Whenever the BIG big boss came around, Spike immediately straightened up, lowered her head over her work, and tried to avoid eye contact. As bold and alpha as she was in private life, at work, she was barely an omega.

The way Artashir handled himself, that cold, businesslike look in his eye, the way he growled that name, had given her the same LOOK BUSY OR YOU'RE FIRED feeling Mr. Shepherd did. Therefore, she merely looked down, avoided eye contact, and acted as if the carpet were the most interesting thing in the room. In a word, meep.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

Bigfox3
God
God

Post by Bigfox3 »

Fritz immediately noted the change in attitude in the room and didn't like it one bit. Spike was clamming shut, which was unnatural for her, and Art was becoming something he didn't care for either with this cold demeanor. He decided to put a stop to it right away. "Now hang on a second, you two, we're in some deep trouble if there's something up, and we need to keep this camaraderie going if we want to get Art back where he belongs. That means that Art, you'll have to get down, crass and dirty with Spike, and Spike, you'll have to put on your big girl skirt and walk with the class of a white-collar worker. If anything, I'm stuck for this just to make sure we lay as low as possible, since marching right into the office would not only be boring, but you'd be coming across as a bad businessman without taking care of the threat that's following us. Any plans Art?" he asked, and then said to Spike, "Stop staring at the carpet, you'll make the maids nervous."
The Dessert War never happened, but I'm deluded enough that I've convinced myself I already won. :3

My Character Library

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
Advanced AI Tank

Big's quick link to the IRC chat box for those who can never find the thing, like me! 8D
Artashir
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Artashir »

Art glanced at Fritz but listened to him stiffly before nodding, "Yes, I do, Fritz. First, we have to get out before this bounty hunter catches us or there might be blood. "Straightening himself, he turned to Spike, looking at her with a examining eye like a professional observer before nodding to himself, "Don't be timid with me, Spike, or someone might expect me to be some pimp or something." He said with a light joke that seemed foreign to his deep rumbling voice and tried to smile, but was amused by the proper behavior in his eyes.
Larcen
Duke
Duke

Post by Larcen »

Well, if ever words were spoken to get Roberta to step up and assert herself, they had been spoken by both her cohorts. That quip about skirts had made her mane flare up--Spike was a pants suit at the most kind of girl; get her in a skirt, and heaven spare any image capturing devices in the tri-state area from her wrath. But it was the pimp comment that had gotten her to open her mouth.

"OHHH NO!" she roared with more theatrics and hot air than malice. "ANYBODY gettin' turned out 'round here, it's Firejanks. Then YO' pretty tufted tail be next, sucka!" she threatened at Art, finger pointing out her objection. He may have been a boss, but he wasn't her boss. Confidence restored. After a quick fume and a semi-evil grin, Spike calmed down enough to notice something. "Wait, you've got a maid?" she asked Fritz rhetorically.

"Uh, anyway," Spike continued, shaking it off, "if the midget riding with Ferdy is after you, that means he's after us too." Don't get excited; Roberta's apparent uncanny perception was mostly derived from every movie she'd ever watched. When in doubt, ask yourself: what would...er, should an action hero do? "That means we need like, a place for us to lay low, some kinda base...where nobody even thinks to look. There's the abandoned grocery store on West King, that shut-up warehouse or whatever on 194, an' that one really old house on Broadway I know of, off the top of my head."
Last edited by Larcen on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bigfox3
God
God

Post by Bigfox3 »

"Ahh, Broadway... Honestly, I think Spike has a point on this one. I have some old surveillance equipment I won off of a friend in a poker game not too long ago. I think it'd be easiest to set up in the Broadway building, since the kid might think to look at the other two locations first if we lead him on a wild goose chase. It'll buy us time at least. I'll hop in my car, zoom around town for a bit with you guys in tow, and then we can get dolled up and head over to Broadway for the performance of a lifetime. And YES, I have TWO maids, actually," he added as an afterthought. He turned to Art, "Since you're the boss-man, you get the final say in this, just give me the word, I'll grab my car keys and go."

My Character Library

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
Advanced AI Tank

Artashir
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Artashir »

Art smiled slightly to the hyena's reaction, liking her respectful submission attitude before a superior while always keeping her pride and strength when pushed to something as unwanting as being pimped out. While he have respect for the women who are sometimes forced into such a life, he've vaguely recalled doing that to a traitorous mistress who thought it would be a good idea to take advantage of one of his 'favored' co-workers and take his money and position. Smiling more at the thought of the once pompous and high-blooded leopard becoming one of the lowest whores in the city brothel, relating to his own issue. Almost ironic. Almost.

Listening to Spike's choices, his mind calculated and the possibilities got smaller when the fox gave his input. Nodding in agreement, he rubbed his chin, "Authorized. Let's go before the enemy get close." Then he start out to walk towards the door, feeling his hurt bones starting to dull in pain as his mental discipline numbed it out, while he wasn't complete and still couldn't remember everything, some of his personality was back together, giving him a much different demeanor to his first when waking up stranded in the desert.

The question of how he got there made him silently snarl and it quickly vanished before the others noticed. He couldn't scare his allies, without them, he might have a more different time reclaiming his lost throne.
Larcen
Duke
Duke

Post by Larcen »

Roberta curled her lip up and gruffed at the TWO maids remark. How she hated useless yuppies who couldn't even take care of their own hou--oh right, we're going.

She nodded, sitting on the bed. "A'right, so like, is Mane n' Tail riding with you or me, Firejanks? I think we oughta split up. You head to West King and loop around through the parking lot; I'll take 194 to Broadway. He can't chase both of us at the same time, right?" When she thought about it, they had the perfect setup for getaway vehicles. Fritz's 'Vette could outrun him on the road, and in a pinch, she could kick her Brat into 4x4 mode and take off through the desert, field, etc. The only drawback was that if they were running in a convoy, the Brat couldn't keep up, and the 'Vette would just be sadface on anything rougher than tar-and-chip.

Also, sorry to burst your bubble, Fritz, but the Broadway Roberta was thinking about was in the small town where she worked. Ironically, there were no theaters, night clubs, bandstands...the most it featured was a battery store and a bunch of really old, medium-small 2-story houses.
Last edited by Larcen on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bigfox3
God
God

Post by Bigfox3 »

Fritz nodded, "Alright, I'm sure he's getting close, so I'll drive by with a decoy in the seat and meet you over on Broadway back in your town, eh Spike?" He nodded to them both, and when he let the folks know that his friends would let themselves out, he pulled out of the driveway, and once he was far enough from the house, spotted the lynx and his buddy and sped right past them, having set up a fuzzy pillow in the seat to confuse the kid that Art was in there with him. He hoped they fell for it, and would lead them on a decent wild goose chase through the city. Hopefully that'd give them enough time to disappear from the radar.

My Character Library

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
Advanced AI Tank

Artashir
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Artashir »

Art walked with Roberta to her 'Vette and fluidly got in, holding onto the roof to keep it from buckling under his weight before slowly letting go. He dwelled on current events and his small bit of memory, he wondered who Valentine sent to kill him...

Some reason, in that fractured mind of his, he hoped the assassin was at least competent and high priced, being somehow killed by just anyone was a grave insult and he will certainly not be a restful soul.
"And I am telling you magic does exist! It is just downgraded now to be tricks and illusions now!" The lynx shouted. "I don't believe a word you just told me," Ferdy retorted in the epic argument between two stubborn creatures about the existence of actual magic that is rightly depicted in fantasy novels and movies, "Magic like that does not exist! No one have ever done it that good!"

Waving his paw and gun about, the lynx shouted, "My great-uncle is said to be a necromancer and I have a friend who is a witch-doctor. He can tell you!"

"Pfft, you don't some magical great-uncle." Ferdy said with a dismissive wave of his hoof-tipped fingers. "But the voodoo guy I can believe." "Thought so." The lynx said with a victorious hmph. "...What were we doing again?"

Suddenly Fritz's corvette sped past them. "What the-!" the lynx yelped, his eyes just barely saw the fuzziness of his prey, and his eyes narrowed like dagger with his lips tight in disbelief, "Get 'em." The bull, now more familiar and cooperative with the bounty hunter, put his hoof down and followed Fritz immediately.
Larcen
Duke
Duke

Post by Larcen »

Exactly five minutes after Fritz's car faded from hearing, Roberta's Subaroo puttered to life, cruising casually, inconspicuou--yeah right. A Brat is just as eye catching as a Corvette, though the comparison might be made between a runway model and a hunchback. Either way, one cannot help but stare. Still, Roberta kept a low profile, running exactly the speed limit.

"Might wanna pull yer visor down to the side," she suggested, shifting her own to block the side window. That way it was harder to look in. The quiet, peaceful facade was maddening. After a few tense moments on the way to the safe house, Roberta grinned nervously, trying to make small talk. "So uh, what's on your brain, Mane 'n Tai--uh, A-artashir? I mean like, whatchu think you're gonna do 'bout all this?"

Fifteen painful minutes later, they pulled back into the town from whence she had come at the start of this adventure. Roberta killed the headlights to sneak behind the dilapidated Victorian house. The shutters had already been drawn decades ago; nothing was visible inside.

"Man, I shoulda brung a tarp or somethin' to hide this thing," the hyena observed, getting out. She went up to the back door. And of course, it was locked. "Great. Any ideas on getting in?"

Bigfox3
God
God

Post by Bigfox3 »

Fritz had an idea as to how he could throw them off. Having done reckless driving like this before, he was willing to risk a ticket for the lion if it meant saving his life. He had a friend with a complete auto shop across town, so after leading them off for a while, the first thing he did to buy them some time was drive up a ramp and over a heavy duty construction site to turn heads, landing easily enough and swerving a left behind a big building, then swerving right so that he'd line up with the nearest freeway exit. He manages to go full throttle down the freeway without causing any accidents, swerving between a few cars in order to throw them off further. After getting off, he parked and with the speed he did, his friend knew something was up, so lowered the garage door behind him. "I need to lay low for a while, Akira, can you repaint and swap my plates?" he asked after pulling out the Art-fake from the passenger seat. The husky, Akira, was intrigued, and the guys got to work right away. "I feel like we're replicating a scene from Grand Theft Auto, but why do that to your 'Vette, man?" Fritz shook his head, "I can't explain, but I was never here as far as you were concerned, okay? I just need to lay low for a while, so once the work's done, you won't be seeing me for a while, okay?" Akira nodded, "Well, the guys are done, so good luck to you, and thanks for not telling me. I'll lock your plates in the back safe so they can't be gotten to easily." After the plates were switched, Fritz took off his outer shirt to reveal a tank top underneath, tying his hair up and putting on his spare reading glasses. Hopefully it'd be enough to get him out of town safely. He took off shortly after and drove out of town without incident.

(If you guys need me to change this so there's more action, lemme know, k?)

My Character Library

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
Advanced AI Tank