Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Exile's Return (Edwin, CLOSED)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Artashir
Outlaw
Species: Barbary Lion

Re: The Exile's Return (Edwin, CLOSED)

Post by Artashir » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:10 am

After drinking his beverage, the lion sighed in grateful relief before thanking Spike for the clothes and smirked to Fritz's comment but didn't quite give a answer yet. "Excuse me, but my feline nature urges me to take a serious bath." He said politely before leaving to take a shower, manuevering through the house with somewhat weak legs, but he have regained more strength thanks to the graterade. Finding the shower, he smiled in joy of finally getting clean.

But a dark thought ran though his head. One that held the weight of life and death for whoever did this to him. Turning to the sink mirror and gasped in absolute horror at what he saw. Instead of his usual handsome face, he saw a lion with bruises under his fur on his cheek, his black nose was crusted with dry blood and dirt, in fact his whole fur coat was ruined with wilderness and violence, even he noticed one of his fangs were missing. That explains his hurt jaw. His left eye looked more tired than the right. But...no, the worst of it to him was his mane. His beautiful glossy black mane was wild, unkept, dirty like the rest of him, and some of it look like someone had cut it.

Pure rage boiled through his veins. You can beat this lion. You can stab him and roll him in sand all you want. But NO ONE messes with the mane!

So many painful punishments ran through his mind like a bullet train. Each one more satisfying than the last.

On the edge of beserking fury, Art reminded himself where he was and saved it for later, and much to his joy, his aches and pains have lessened thanks to the adrenline. Turning on the shower, he put it to a warm setting, and unclothed before stepping in to fix him, wincing at the revealing cuts and bruises.
Last edited by Artashir on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor

Larcen
Duke
Species: Coyote

Post by Larcen » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:19 pm

Spike huffed at the fennec's wardrobe comments. He could practically camp out in her clothes anyway, and since he had half a foot on her, there really was little possibility for him to be comfortable at all. Mostly she had button-down work shirts, T shirts, and sweats, often mated to jeans and more jeans, and more sweats for especially fat, lazy kind of days. But hey, it was hard to blame her. There was not a single magazine in print what portrayed the hip, fashionable hyena--they weren't pretty enough for the mainstream, Roberta had conceded. Concession had turned to apathy, and apathy to bitterness. "Yeah, well, I don't go picking apart YOUR wardrobe, Firejanks. So take it or I make you drive home naked."

With that, the hyena went back to thinking about the lion. The whole story was too bizarre. Beatings, leaving somefur in the middle of nowhere--who does all that stuff? Roberta started straightening up some of the clutter while she thought aloud to Fritz. "So like, Mane & Tail in there was at the office, then all of a sudden, he got jumped? Yeesh...I'm sorry, but if you're gonna make enemies like that, usually means you're into some baaaaad dealin'." Spike flicked a nervous ear toward the bathroom. "Eh, still, I feel kinda bad for the guy. Looks like he got ganged up on. Now I wanna know why."
Last edited by Larcen on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

You say 'fundamentalist' like it's a bad thing. X3

Bigfox3
God
Species: Fennec Fox
United States of America

Post by Bigfox3 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Fritz rolled his eyes, "I thought feline urges would cause him to avoid water. Then again, considering he's suffered through this, he may become unique among cats." He realized he was going off on a tangent, and decided to comment on Roberta's comeback, "I didn't say I wasn't going to, I just don't know if it'll be...decent on me." He was being a lot more self-concious than he needed to be, but then was also mildly distracted by the whole situation.

He perked up when she said bad dealings, "Perhaps, but then again, a person wanting to climb all the way to the top might try something sneaky when they're in a position of power to do so, bad dealings or not. We're both probably determined to help the guy, but it would be smart to see if we can find out more about him before putting our necks out." He looked over at the bathroom door, a distant expressionless face overtaking him.
Last edited by Bigfox3 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dessert War never happened, but I'm deluded enough that I've convinced myself I already won. :3

My Character Library
Click here to see my Deviantart page!

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
'SPAMMA TANK' GAMMA Created by Shade
Advanced AI Tank

Big's quick link to the IRC chat box for those who can never find the thing, like me! 8D

Artashir
Outlaw

Post by Artashir » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:01 pm

Cleaning and scrubbing with a mix of cautious care and obsessive zealous, Art murrs to himself as the water seemed run through his body so perfectly. Every ache and pain was temporarily gone, the disgusting feeling of dirt, blood, and illness left him with each cleansing scrub. Mentally feeling the new scars on his muscular body, Art checked his jaw and felt it was feeling better too. Opening his eyes, he looked at his shoulders and saw he could see his cub spots again, which made him smile some.

After washing every inch of his body and cleaning up, Art emerged as clean as he could remember, his dark brown coat was nice and shining again with his creamy underbelly, no longer a deep brown, and his mane was somewhat wet and glossy in its ebony glory again, but he fix it some to hide the cut ends. He felt renewed, with some pains here and there.

Putting on his given pants, they were wide on his waist but long enough to pass off as shorts, he was comfortable with the belt around his waist. He knew for a fact he couldn't get in the short shirt without tearing it. So he gently rest it on his forearm with a sigh and tried walked, the pant feeling abit tight on him.

Fixing everything in the bathroom before he left out, he walked out to meet his saviors, and blushed abit, "I-I am sorry, Miss. Spike, but I couldn't quite fit in your shirt."
Last edited by Artashir on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:22 pm

Roberta huffed at the suggestion by Fritz that they were both probably determined to help Art. Darn these solidarity instincts. In truth, she kind of did feel like helping him somehow. But the idea of making more enemies put her off. There had to be a loophole somewhere; she just had to find it. That required thinking, which she had psychologically convinced herself she was bad at.

Thankfully, the aforementioned lion emerged from the bathroom. Spike's ears pricked up, but then fell flat, a little embarrassed. "Wow, you look a lot taller when you're not about to collapse. Sorry I don't got anything that could fit ya. We'll run ya down to your place to get you something more comfortable, but at least you don't look like a lion version of Bruce Banner after the party." Spike had an extensive knowledge of TV reruns. Watch for random references.

"Until then, you need anything else?" she offered sheepishly. "I got a spare bed if you wanna take a load off or somethin'. Hungry?" Sociable, a hyena could do...if they were invited to the party in the first place.
Last edited by Larcen on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

Bigfox3
God
United States of America

Post by Bigfox3 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:49 pm

"Starving, actually," Fritz said even though the question wasn't directed at him. He looked over Art's outfit, and commented, "You could easily land anybody with that outfit, Art. And here I thought I was the chick magnet." He got up from the couch and said, "I think I'll just borrow a shirt," and he went to grab one. He found a nice deep green and white plaid shirt amidst all the earth tones and put it on. Considering their builds and height, it was a much better fit on him than it was on Art. He tucked in the shirt and rolled up the sleeves, pulling off a decent 'cowboy on a poster' look, though far more dressy. "Much as you might like having two bare-chested men in your house, Spike, I've an image to uphold," he teased them both before asking Art, "Do you think anyone may have followed us?"
Last edited by Bigfox3 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dessert War never happened, but I'm deluded enough that I've convinced myself I already won. :3

My Character Library

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
Advanced AI Tank

Big's quick link to the IRC chat box for those who can never find the thing, like me! 8D

Artashir
Outlaw

Post by Artashir » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:31 am

Art heard his stomach growl at the mention of food, making his ears blush deeply in embarrassment nodded to Spike's question and smirked when Fritz answered with the same answer, "Yes, ma'am. I am abit hungry." Suddenly his own thoughts laughed at that grave understatement. He was hungry enough to eat anything that moved and kept on at till dawn, but he was far too polite for that. Then Fritz commented on his look which made his ears to blush even more as he chuckled.

Letting himself calm down as Fritz went to get another shirt, Art tried to save face from his stomach's outburst, but then concern ran through his mind when he asked if someone might of followed them.

Oh Midas...he really hoped if whoever did this to him really believed him to be dead. Then again, if they wanted to make sure he was dead, they would have shot him.

Walking through town was a somewhat short lynx, brown furred with a black tuft on his head and ears. Big wide eyes looking about as if searching for something, looking to be apart of out of place in the hot area, especially in a somewhat thick-looking vest, black t-shirt and blue jean shorts. Just then he bumped into someone. Looking up, he was stared down at by a large bull, who looked very amused at the little creature standing infront of his waist.

"Watch out, kid." He said with a deep voice, each word seem to make his large pecs pulse abit, "I might've crushed you...Where's your parents?"

The lynx looked up cutely, "I don't know, good sir. I think I've lost them." Looking somewhat sympathic, the bull asked, "Where did you last see them?" With a tearful face, the lynx replied, "I-I don't remember." "Who are they?" He asked.

The lynx closed his eyes for a moment with his little nose sniffing as if trying to remember their smell, "A hyena and fox, mister. Have you seen anyone like that? The hyena lady was a heavy worker." Just then, the bull winced abit, "Hard working hyena?" Seeing this reaction, the lynx smiled hopeful. "You know her?" He asked. "Er yes, I do infact. She will usually home by now, but how are you two related?" The bull answered, actually been a similar schedule with the infamous Spike, but he leaves on a different time.

Lowering his ears, the lynx looked down abit hurtful, "Well...she is my aunt, but I consider her my mother. She's more better than mine. I hardly get to visit her." Nodding as if understanding, the bull held a hand, "Come on, let me take you to her." Ears perked and happy, the lynx took his massive hand, and trailed behind him with a very mischevious smirk on his face. "Thank you, kind sir." He said with a certain tone to it.
Last edited by Artashir on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:31 pm

Oh, how Roberta wanted to hurt Fritz. "Not everyone's as horny as you, Firejanks. So shaddap before I hurt your ego. I wasn't even asking if you were hungry anyways."

Roberta heard the little growl that did not come from Art's mouth. "Heh, sounds like you're past 'a bit' hungry," she giggled, amused by his embarrassment. "I'll make us some sand'itches."

Popping on over to the (very pink) refrigerator, she dug around inside for some of that painfully cheap, nigh on disgusting bologna one finds in sealed plastic packages at the grocer, a few slices of individually wrapped processed cheese, and real mayo--the lunch of...frankly, the author doesn't know what. After putting together half a dozen sandwiches on grade-A Wonderbread, she served them up on a paper towel. Believe it or not, this nutritional dead zone was a grand, satisfactory meal to her.

"Dig in, fellas," Roberta offered with a smile, taking one for herself. "There's cups in the dishwasher and pop in the fridge; any kind you want, just grab one," she said through a mouthful of preservatives.
Last edited by Larcen on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bigfox3
God
United States of America

Post by Bigfox3 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:27 pm

Fritz thanks her for her hospitality and ignored her comment on his oft-eluded to sex drive. The sandwich was decent since it wasn't being prepared at home. He growls to himself about it, fakes a cough and goes to get a drink. The soda felt refreshing after his long drive, and he took his time drinking it. He looked out the kitchen window and saw a cloud of dust in the distance and immediately grew suspicious, doubting that she was expecting company today. He goes back and sits down on the couch, finishing up his first sandwich and asking, "Spike, were you expecting company this afternoon?"
Last edited by Bigfox3 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Character Library

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
Advanced AI Tank

Artashir
Outlaw

Post by Artashir » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Art thanked Roberta and happily ate his meal of three sandwiches and a couple cups of soda, enjoying himself with the food and his new company. However, by his last bite, he heard Kirin mention something about company. Angling his head, he looked out of the window to see a truck approaching.

Narrowing his eyes to see clearly, Art's vision suddenly changes as if he diving through the air, everything distorted except for the zooming visage of the drivers, until they were clear to him as if they were right infront of him. A bull driver and a little lynx passenger. He tried to get as much detail as possible before his head started to pound as if from a mingraine.

Closing his eyes tightly, Art winced and sat back down, speaking to anyone at this moment, "A bull is driving with a little lynx kid. Do you know them?"

In the truck, the lynx smiled happily, "Oh thank you, Mister Bull for getting back." The bull chuckled abit, "Sure then, kid. Let's be lucky I know your aunt and not some creepo. You shouldn't be accepting help from anybody."

The lynx simply smiled.
Last edited by Artashir on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:57 pm

Engrossed in her second sandwich and playing hostess, Roberta was entirely clueless regarding Fritz's question. "Heh, yeah, I didn't exactly plan for company today, but," she shrugged, "here you guys are. Mi's well make the best of it, right?" The hyena said with a pleasant, completely oblivious smile.

Then Art said something even screwier. She gave her guest a double-take. "Do wha? What's that got to do with the price of tea in Yama--?" It was then that she saw the truck rolling up in front of her house. Spike squinted. "That's...Ferdy's truck from down the street, and that's Ferdy in it. What's he doing here?" Her head tilted. "And who's the kitten? Some work study?" It was official, the sense factory had shut down; none of it was being made, at least in her head.
Last edited by Larcen on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bigfox3
God
United States of America

Post by Bigfox3 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:02 pm

Fritz shudders, "This may not be good. If he's here because he knows Art is here, we need to go fast. It won't be smart going back to your place. We'll go back to my place in the city. If we leave now, we'll be able to pretend like we were never here. You know where my place is, right Spike? We'll meet there and plan from there." He takes the lion back over to the Corvette again and starts up the engine, ready to slam down on the brakes the second he's given the go ahead.
Last edited by Bigfox3 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Character Library

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
Advanced AI Tank

Artashir
Outlaw

Post by Artashir » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:21 pm

Art agreed with Fritz and quickly sneaked to his corvette, getting in the car, fluidly and cautiously watched for Spike and the truck. He was quiet and anxious for some reason, he almost thought he recognized the lynx before his past pains struck back hard.

After finally getting to the house, the truck stopped in the side, missing everyone by a split-second, and both Ferdy and his lynx companion got out to find the house empty. Ferdy goes to knock on the door, the lynx looks around. He sniffs the air to smell the fresh gasoline and taps the ground with his hindpaws, then the corner of his lip lifted to show a little dagger-like fang and his large ears flattened.

"Well, it seems she's gone." Ferdy said in mild disappointment after trying the door for a few minutes. "Yea, a few minutes infact." The lynx said, his voice noticably less childish.

"How do you know?" Ferdy asked with doubt. "The smell and the pavement, they were in a rush." The lynx answered with a underlaying snarl.

"They?" The bull asked. Glancing, the lynx found the neighberhood empty and void of life, meaning one thing. "Yes, we need to catch up with them quickly." The lynx said, moving back to the truck. Abit confused, Ferdy instinctively followed along. Getting back into the truck, Ferdy started it, and drove on.
Last edited by Artashir on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Fear chilled up Roberta's spine, freezing its way upward to crystallize in a shocked expression. "What is this? Some kinda hit or what? And how's Ferdy involved with this? I..." On second thought, maybe it was better to shut up, girl friend.

"Ok, you go, but I gotta clean up first." Practicality came before urgency in the dictionary and when common sense failed. You can't just leave a plate of sandwiches lying out in the heat, you know. After stacking two of them together and wedging them in her mouth, Roberta shoved the rest into the refrigerator, tossed the fixings in haphazardly, then booked it for the door. In her development, everyone was so lower-middle-class that everybody knew nobody had anything worth stealing, so did anybody really need to lock the door? Force of habit made her leave with the door unlocked. She jumped in the Brat and stomped it, bologna sandwiches still flapping halfway out of her mouth.

Of course, a sports car with its big, beefy V8 was a ridiculously overpowered match for a light truck with half the cylinders and 1/4 of the horsepower, so even booking it, it took twice as long for Roberta to meet up. Still, she knew exactly where she was going, so after the small town was out of sight, she finished her snack and eased off the pedal. Several minutes later, she pulled into Fritz' residence and braced herself to gag on the high concentration of yuppie in the air.

Banging on the door, the 'yena looked around, reassuring herself that she had indeed seen his car make it there safely. "C'mon, man, open up a'ready. I'm half freaked here," she muttered, licking mayonnaise from her chops.

Bigfox3
God
United States of America

Post by Bigfox3 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:58 pm

Fritz had gotten home just moments before. His unusual attire and appearance caught the attention of everyone in the house, but Renee was the first to confront him. "You left in the middle of an argument, and you come home with a man around your arms and wearing his clothes. Sheesh you work fast." Fritz planned to blow up on her then and there since the clothes didn't belong to either of them, but instead he needed to protect his family. He did some fast thinking, and the solution he came up with would probably solve both immediate problems. He immediately swooshed her into his arms and kissed her deeply. She resisted it at first, but eventually she melted into his strong arms and had to hold onto him when they finally came up for air. "I'm sorry, sweetie, I'll do better from now on, but I've gotten involved in something potentially dangerous, and I need you to keep my parents from worrying too much," he whispered to her. She looked at him like he was crazy, but couldn't dismiss the presence of the lion.

"I love you, and I should be fine, but could you please do this for me?" he asked her sweetly. She nodded, "If you aren't fine, I'll kill you when you're recovered." She kissed him again, and as the doorbell rang, he went to answer it. She came up with this story, "Fritz is having a couple of friends over that want to work with him on a project for an acting class, and the outfits they had on were part of the concept they were working on." He ushered Spike inside and quickly led the two of them upstairs to his expansive room/suite. There was a desk with a computer, his cell phone he'd left in his hurry to get out of the house on a dresser next to the huge king-size bed. Directly across the entrance to the room was a big bay window with cushioned seating built into the ledge and a large walk-in closet along wall to the left and a quaint bathroom to the right. He sat down at the desk next to the window and pulled open the laptop. "If there was any news about you Art, it might have been uploaded recently."

My Character Library

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
Advanced AI Tank